PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Overrun

klducks
13th May 2006, 3:31 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/tempest/overrun.jpghttp://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/odyssey/overrun.jpg
Overrun - Tempest, Odyssey. Uncommon
2GGG: Sorcery
All creatures you control get +3/+3 and gain trample until end of turn.
"You want to know your enemy? Look at your feet while you trample him."
-Tahngarth of the Weatherlight
-----
The dance of angry feet
-Nantuko expression meaning
"stampede"

A cool finisher card, seconded to rude awakening in green decks. This is saying mass token decks please! Overrun = Turn 5/6 win so watch out.

3 Green mana hurts a bit though...

The Duck's Rating: 3.35/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
13th May 2006, 5:22 PM
This is definitely better than Overwhelm in most aspects EXCEPT the mana cost. You need to tap the mana to use it, when compared to Overwhelm, you'll just pull a few creatures and let it rip. The Trample owns though.

This is one slick card. Can I say I love it?

3.75/5

bowsermaster12
13th May 2006, 8:32 PM
A very good uncommon card indeed. Lands arnt a problem in most if not all green decks. This can go into a deck as a pump for battle or a finisher. Only problem is unlike most green pump cards its a sorcery. So you cant spring it on your opponent while there like 'WTF, My creatures will own yourz nub.' Still it is a good card.

3.75/5

Shadow Trainer
13th May 2006, 8:33 PM
+3/+3 and trample are decent for five mana. The three green in the cost hurts though. 2/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
14th May 2006, 8:53 AM
Uh.....If it were an instant, it would be overpowered. And the Trample would be useless. Who needs Trample while blocking?

bowsermaster12
15th May 2006, 9:22 PM
So you can get past blockers, I attack with a bunch of 1/1's and then get blocked by 3/3s or something, just enought to get through and and destroy the creatures.

Felix Feral Fezirix
16th May 2006, 3:50 AM
I'd rather play it as a finisher. Anyway, like your above scenario, if everyone used it as an instant, a lot of Green decks will pack it. Imbalance isn't the way to go.

Kaizer
16th May 2006, 5:16 AM
Quite frankly, Overrun is a nice card that simply does its job. Swarm decks love it, there's no doubt about that. Regular green decks get a rather nice kick out of it too- there's little better than +3/+3 and trample to all your creatures for 5. Still, it is merely a finisher, if a rather good one. So it'll be a dead card in most situations, but that still doesn't reflect very badly on it at all.

By the way, all of this talk of "it'd be better as an instant" is rather useless, especially on an already nice card. Pretty much every (and by every I do mean all) sorceries would be better as an instant, end of story.
;245;