13th May 2006, 6:07 PM
Sins of our Fathers
Evil begets evil
We are but shadows of our former selves
The Sins of our Fathers
Are we beyond redemption?

Dramatis Personae
Types will link back to the charater profiles

Electric (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3254257&postcount=50)
(Ari - cdra1617)

- Create small sparks of electricity

Grass (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3222805&postcount=24)
(Terros Grasswhistle - masterwannabe)

- Extendable vines

Poison (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3234827&postcount=44)
(Sapphire Clyne - xXSapphireXx)

- Throw poison needles from hands

Psychic (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3243742&postcount=48)
(Tala Cyrus - Diamond Unicorn)

- See phantom images

Fire (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3216438&postcount=10)
(Hokage Hi-to - Firehead Hank)

- Create small flames

Ground (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3232620&postcount=41)
(Lauren Bristles - Raposa Dalua)

- Cause small, close proximity tremors

Flying (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3231346&postcount=38)
(Hondia Hayabusa - Typhlogirl)

- Increased eyesight

- Relaxed centre of gravity

Bug (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3229306&postcount=36)
(Sayonara - katiekitten)

- Empathic sense of smell

- Detect Air currents

Steel (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3214844&postcount=7)
(Kev Chi - Kevster)

- Turn skin on arms into steel

Ice (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3219883&postcount=19)
(Yagami Hitou - Ichimaru)

- Freeze small amounts of water, chill air

Dragon (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3213086&postcount=1)
(Tobias Richmond - RaZoR LeAf)

- Make the air colder, warmer, dryer, wetter

Dark (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3224797&postcount=28)
(Decus Adramelech - Dias)

- See in the dark

-----

Abilities

Right, now let me try and explain this. You all start off with one, maybe two small abilities. These aren't much, but in time they will be. This initial ability you have will grow and mature over the course of the RPG, eventually becoming stronger, with you having better control over it, and being able to do more things with it.

I'll use an unpicked type as an example. At the time of writing, this is an unpicked type, but if there are any late sign ups, and they pick this. Anyone found copying these to the letter will be thrown out of the rpg. So, how about the Normal type? Difficult to think of things for, probably why it's been left. Lets say you can turn invisible:

At first, you can turn only partially invisible. Translucent we'll say, people can see through you, or, if you stood against something, you'd blend in like a chameleon. Now, as the RPG continues, this would gradually change and become better, making you invisible, but still a shape, so though people can't see you, they can still see your shape, and size. Think 'Predator' invisible. Finally, it will reach a point where there's no way anyone or anything can see you. Total spectrum invisibility.

This is how your abilities should work. In about 3 stages (4-5 if need be). So put simply:

Chameleonic
Partially Invisible
Totally invisible

Right, so now that's explained, lets get on to how many abilities you can have, and what they can be. Now there's your first that you've picked, and I'd like to see no more than 5 additional abilities. Really, they should all develop in the same way. But some could be instant, or something that you didn't really think would help you, such as something stemming from a disfigurement. Speaking of which, these can also change, grow or you could get more. Let's continue with the example I started with, the unpicked type of Normal

My Normal character has sharp claws and a long, dextrous tail:

Able to keep balance when moving. Never falls over
Can climb short distances and stay in place for some time
Can climb in any direction, and stay there for any time, including sharp inclines, and over celings

She can also defend herself well:

Able to stop small and slow moving objects
Can create a shield of varying size and strength to stop objects
Creates a large impenetrable shield, that cannot be broken even under heavy fire

But when she gets angry:

Her screams are enough to cause headaches, and in some cases shatter glass
Screams can knock children unconscious, and cause migraines in adults. Foundations shake
Screams can cause cave ins, knock anyone unconscious and be felt a great distance away

If you are really stuck, think of some Pokemon and their characteristics, or moves of a particular type, and derive your ideas from those. For these examples, I used Kecleon and the attack Camouflage for the invisibility, Aipom, and the idea of squirrels in trees for the climbing, the move Protect for the shields, and then finally Hyper Voice/Screech for the big attack.

Now these are just ideas. If anyone is stuck for abilities, that is the reason for this cafe thread. So people can get help developing them. if need be, We can make them for you. I wrote this RG in 2002, so I have plenty of ideas stockpiled for the various types.

As people gain new abilities, I'll add them, and what stage they are at to the list above.

As some indication, but without giving too much away. My character has his current ability (full developed of course), two attacks, a further developed disfigurement that works as part of an attack/similarity to pokemon, and his current disfigurement. Just so you have some idea of what you can have. If you want to share ideas, but want them to be a secret to the others, my Inbox is always open.

Pokémon

After being pressed on the matter in the chat by Renegade and LadyMyuu, yes you will (if you wish) get a chance to be accompanied by a pokemon. It wont be as a trainer and pokemon, with pokeballs and such, unless you specifically want it to be. At some point in the RPG (several points at different times) a wild pokemon will be attracted to your blossoming abilities. Then said pokemon will be your companion for as long as you want to keep them.

Of course, you'll have never seen pokemon, so naturally you'll be wary of them. How you ultimately deal with it is down to you. The pokemon will be wild, and can be any pokemon (besides legendaries). I'll allow similar/pseudo types if your chosen type doesn't have many pokemon to chose from. The pokemon you pick doesn't have to be the type at the start, so long as it is at the end. These are listed as such:

Steel - Also allowed Rock
Ghost - Also allowed Dark
Ice - Also allowed Water
Dragon - Also allowed Pseudo-Dragons
Dark - Also allowed Ghost

Typhlogirl
14th May 2006, 12:17 AM
Hey RaZoR LeAf, I have a quick question that I think my benefit everyone.

With these pokemon partners, are our characters able to converse with them in English, or is it like an Ash and Pikachu relationship?

Thanks.

-;157;

Draco Malfoy
14th May 2006, 1:44 AM
RL, as my type is Grass, will I be able to have SOME control over toxins, at least an immunity to them? So can Terros use Stun Spore and Sleep Powder which are toxin based but in the game, Grass-type attacks?

EDITED

Shadowcat
14th May 2006, 3:15 AM
O-O. Wouldn't Toxins be counted under Poison? Not sure about it, but Grass has a weakness towards Poison. (Bleah, forgive my bad grammar.)

Spectre
14th May 2006, 5:30 AM
I don't see why Grass would have ANY immunities toward toxins. Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Spore are considered more of types of Pollen, which plants release. Pollen might not affect you, but toxins are definitly in the Poison category.

Also, I would think we would be able to "talk" to the pokemon and understand what they say because our outbreaks cause us to have pokemon-like features, but that is just my opinion. Of course RaZoR_LeAf has the final say in it.

RaZoR LeAf
14th May 2006, 12:23 PM
Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. I think character and pokemon would have a better understanding of each other. Like Ash and Pikachu, but more so. They'd be able to understand exactly what the pokemon wants and means, just as the pokemon would understand them. But I don't like the idea of outright conversing in English.

As for the Grass and Toxins, I'm afraid, grass is weak to Poison, so an immunity wouldn't be a great idea. However, since several grass types are partly poison, I have no objection to you being able to use 'Poison Powder' as an ability, if you were to use it amongst the other spores for instance. You could be immune to your own poison powder then, but if xXSapphireXx decided to stab you, you'd be stuffed. The only person would could really have an immunity to poison (aside from Sapphire) is Kevster, as a Steel type.

Draco Malfoy
15th May 2006, 7:08 AM
I meant pollens. Sorry! Also, can my character influence pheromones? Such as sex and trail pheromones. I don't see those as toxins. Many exotic plants can influence them with pollens and pollens are definately more plant-like than poison-like. I can't really see Muk using Stun Spore for example. >.<;;

Yami Ryu
15th May 2006, 11:54 AM
Hm ... so Dan, does this mean later on in the rp, when my chara gets angry, she could like, summon a tsunami like wave aka Surf when near the ocean or large bodies of water? And be able to breathe water o.o but I think this might be stretching it a bit XD

RaZoR LeAf
15th May 2006, 12:16 PM
I meant pollens. Sorry! Also, can my character influence pheromones? Such as sex and trail pheromones. I don't see those as toxins. Many exotic plants can influence them with pollens and pollens are definately more plant-like than poison-like. I can't really see Muk using Stun Spore for example. >.<;;

Perhaps not influence pheromones, but certainly have your own be more over powering.

Hm ... so Dan, does this mean later on in the rp, when my chara gets angry, she could like, summon a tsunami like wave aka Surf when near the ocean or large bodies of water? And be able to breathe water o.o but I think this might be stretching it a bit XD

Summoning a Tsunami straight off would have to come from being very angry. But if you start off smaller, then eventually you could be able to do it without needing the anger. This goes for everyone btw, as one of mine is based on anger (since it quite a violent attack anyway). Breathing underwater is fine. Maybe you have gills (suggestion?)

Kev Chi
15th May 2006, 3:08 PM
Yay, I'm the only one immune to something :D O wait, dark is too. Anyways, I'm trying to think of other things I could have as powers. Other then all of my body becoming steel as my final phanse, super strangth(sp?) is the only thing I can think of.

Yami Ryu
15th May 2006, 3:48 PM
Kev: why not metal manipulation? like turning a spoon into a SPORK! hahahaha *runs

But seriously, it might work o.o or what about the metal you make covering your arms, it could maybe shift to become a shield thing, small at first then larger over time or something.

Dan: but she doesn't have gills XD .. unless she gains them later? O.o hm .. what about gills in her lungs? Well not gill gills, but maybe an adaptation that allows her body to draw oxygene from water as well as air? but she just can't jump from one system to the next: you know air/water real quickly. Like going to breathe water she has to concentrate on it at first, and when leaving to breathe air she has to make sure all the water is from her lungs.

Hm .. starting small would be good. So maybe at first she can do something like a foot or two in hieght? Not an attack persay but it could put out small fires or deal with small fire pkmn XD

katiekitten
15th May 2006, 4:13 PM
I still can't believe I'm bug girl... XD

That sounds good, Ren. :) Another thing you could have are these extra, translucent eyelids, so that you don't get water in your eyes when under water... Ah, bleagh. I is tired. XD

Being buggy, that does mean I can have some poison attacks too, right? I could venomous teeth... *bares fangs*

Now, what canbug girl do over time... *thinks* Wells, her taste could improve... but what else...

*thinks some more* My brain really has turned off today... And this is most likely the last time I will be on for a week, to. *points to siggy* Sorry about that, but I am reading for charity and when ever I come on the computer I end up spending all day on it. XD

Okies... Would the developement of fly type wings work? As time progresses, she could start to grow them... Meh, maybe that is to big. I would say sticky fingers, but I don't want to go down the spiderman route. I also don't really want her to have bug eyes, because then she won't be able to see anything. Yep, I'm stuck. -.- Help please?

RaZoR LeAf
15th May 2006, 4:51 PM
Kevster

Having super-strength is fine. How about an ability that stems from Meteor Mash? You start off just having a 'Mac Punch', then move on to a 'Mega Punch' until finally you have a all powerful 'Meteor Mash' capable of punching holes in mountains (for example). Maybe something along the lines of Metal Sound, and the Screeching ability I mentioned in my first post. Or how about Magnetics? Thinking Magneto from X-Men.

Renegade

Gills were just an idea, but all that sounds fine.

katiekitten

Heh, there's nothing wrong with being Bug girl. Ok.. how about something like harden? It's not a Bug attack, but it is something associated with Metapod, Kakuna and the 'Coons. Maybe you can make your skin harder. At first maybe you can do it, but can't move at all, until finally you can move freely, but be rock solid. But yeah, you can have some poison attacks. I figure that Poison has more in common with Bug than it does grass.

And don't worry about being away for a bit.

A little something about abilities, for everyone to know. They don't have to stem directly from the type you've chosen. If you can think of something that fits well with another of your abilities, then go for it.

--

OK, the RPG is up now. Now you're character can arrive in Johto or Kanto, I don't mind which, and I don't mind where they head to next either.

Kev Chi
15th May 2006, 9:22 PM
Metal manipulation sounds so crazy, it's good lol XD The Meteor Mash idea also sounds good. I think I'm might use that one. Metal manipulation...we'll see lol. As for Bug, how about stick on walls? (as chiche as that sounds)

Spectre
15th May 2006, 11:11 PM
Bugs are quite easy, if you think about it.

They can usually carry more than 10 times their normal strength and jump 4 times their height. Some thing along the lines of String Shot could be used, kinda like Spiderman's web. Lastly, you could emit a light that can blind people momentarily, like a Firefly.

And I was thinking, would it be possible if Ice was formed from the body itself? Like, producing excess water which freezes, or something like that. It kinda feels like most of my abilities are reliant on water, and if there was no water, he would be useless.

RaZoR LeAf
15th May 2006, 11:48 PM
Of course, I wouldn't want to limit you to relying on something else.

Spectre
16th May 2006, 5:24 AM
Ahh, thanks. With that, a whole new world of abilities I can conjure!

I have another question. Is their any specific relation to any of the incidents in the game? Like, did the Rocket invasion happen in Kanto, Rocket invasion in Johto, Team Magma/Aqua's rampage in Hoenn, Cipher's shadow plan in Orre, etc.

FireHead Hank
16th May 2006, 5:20 PM
what about GymLeaders? Are there the same GymLeaders like in the game? Or do GymLeaders even exist in this RPG?

RaZoR LeAf
16th May 2006, 6:25 PM
It's the past. So technically it's like any other pokemon game/anime. There's no reason for there not to be Gym Leaders, just like there's no reason for there not to be trainers. The point is, most people wouldn't bother trying to go into a Gym Battle, they'd have more important things on their mind.

Also, I'd say that any take overs attepted by Cipher, Rocket, Aqua and Magm have all happened, and at the moment, they are all in hiding/background.

katiekitten
16th May 2006, 9:00 PM
Thanks for the help guys! *has a mountain of ideas*

A quick question before I get started on the post, (I can't keep myself away. XD) can we start anywhere? If this has been answered somewhere else before, sorry... *smiles tiredly*

Kev Chi
16th May 2006, 10:18 PM
I think most people are in Johto or Kanto. I know I stuck my person in Virindan Forest (or at least it sounds like it) but with the mention of Teams Magma and Aqua and Cipher, maybe you can. I choose Kanto cause it was just easier (and kinda made more sence with the Time Machine being in Kanto/Johto).

Shadowcat
17th May 2006, 4:34 AM
RaZoR LeAf, are relationships allowed in this RPG?

Also, I can't think of further abilities for Sapphire. Hm... *thinks of stuff*

Spectre
17th May 2006, 6:54 AM
Poison: Releasing strong toxic gases that can induce different conditions, such as mind distortion, suffocation, internal bleeding, sleep, paralysis, etc.

Power to melt materials with strong chemical deconstruction.

Skin is toxic to touch.

Draco Malfoy
17th May 2006, 7:05 AM
Poison: Releasing strong toxic gases that can induce different conditions, such as mind distortion, suffocation, internal bleeding, sleep, paralysis, etc.

Power to melt materials with strong chemical deconstruction.

Skin is toxic to touch.

Also, how about you can contaminate water (poison it). Skin too toxic to touch? No. That's too much. But how about if you touch her skin, you fall mildly ill but nothing too serious.

EDIT:

How should I develop the Grass Powers? Poison and Bug may start taking away all the good ideas >.<;; Well, since I'm starting off with extendable vines, can I further extend that power into able to control some sections of some plants then further evolve it to full-feldged Chlorokinesis? Over a long period of time overcourse. Also, can I develop a secondary power of growing small simplistic plants such as grass?

Spectre
17th May 2006, 8:10 AM
I never said TOO toxic, just toxic in general. Plus, poison ain't my type, just some suggestions for Sapphire.

Grass: Something along the lines of Aromatherapy, Nutrients able to be sucked from the ground aka Roots, growing throns as defense like roses, full potential when exposed in sun, control plant growth to a minimal stage, etc.

Draco Malfoy
17th May 2006, 8:42 AM
Okay, thanks for the suggestions. So the powers I want are:

Power One

Stage 1: Extendable Vines.
Stage 2: Ability to control minimal plant growth.
Stage 3: Able to coerce some plants to perform some simplistic actions
Stage 4/Final Stage: Fully Fledged Chlorokinesis; controls ALL plants and can ANY part of them and manipulate them in any possible way

Power Two

Stage 1: Able to grow small simplistic plants, provided Terros had seen them before
Stage 2: Able to grow more complex plants provided Terros had seen them before
Final Stage/Stage 3: Able to grow ANY type of plant provided Terros had seen them before. (i.e. pictures, etc.)

Power Three

Stage 1: Confidence and stamina temporarily increases in sunlight
Stage 2: Can absorb sunlight and store it
Stage 3: Can use sunlight, stored and unstored, and 'syntheses' the solar energy. Can heal self.
Stage Four/Final Stage: Go fire sunlight, stored and unstored, as a beam(s) of extremely powerful solar energy.

Power Three is a combination of Synthesis, Morning Sun and Solar Beam. This is a rough idea of the powers Terros might get and develop. I know it's three for now but as RL said you can get five additional powers, so I might add some more. I might change my mind. I don't know. RL, do you think these powers are okay? Should I change them?

RaZoR LeAf
17th May 2006, 11:16 AM
katiekitten - Everyone starts in either Johto or Kanto

xXSapphireXx - Ichimaru's suggestion of being able to melt things is good, like an ability to create incredibly strong acids. Maybe if you touch someone you can make them feel a bit sickly, all the way up to causing people to be violently sick.

Erk.. yes you are allowed relationships.

masterwannabe - Those are all great.

Also, everyone. Renegade has had to pull out.

Kev Chi
17th May 2006, 3:18 PM
Man...Renegade must be busy. Was looking forward to RPGing with her again. :( Btw Razor, I think you missed xXSapphireXx first question. (Unless I missed the answer =P)

katiekitten
17th May 2006, 8:20 PM
Aw... Renegade is a good RPer. Nevermind. Thanks, Razor Leaf! *goes to sort out post*

FireHead Hank
17th May 2006, 9:04 PM
I have a problem wiht my abilities. Because Fire types dont have a "similar" type, like water/ice, grass/bug/poison, steel/rock/ground and so on. And I dont want to only be able releasing fire, just in different ways, that'd be boring.
This is what I have by now, hope it's okay:

1. stage: create little flames with his hands
2. stage: create fireballs with hands, which Hokage can throw at anythigng
3./final stage: release strong firebeams(-->flamethrower) out of his hands

I also thought about developing the thing with the temperatur change, when he's desperate, but I cant think of anything that wouldnt be too much like the first abiliyt. Any suggestions?

Kev Chi
17th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Dragon is probably the closest thing to Fire. Rock is pretty close too. (Magma) I don't know anything that you could get out of it though. =/

RaZoR LeAf
17th May 2006, 10:59 PM
How about creating eruptions? Like Numel/Camerupt/Eruption. You can pull lava up from the ground. Firstly only a little, but eventually, it can explode out of the ground with force. Maybe surrounding your body with fire? It can stem from your original ability, but go through Fire Punch, Blaze Kick, and finally, you can surround yourself with flames. Maybe even be Pyrokinetic (like Pyro from X-men (egad, plagurism plagurism!)), and control fire shaping and moving it how you wish.

Seeing as I was talking with Dias about the RPG in chat, I though I'd share two of the abilities my character will eventually have:

Current ability:
1. Make the air colder, warmer, dryer, wetter (with emotions)
2. Affect the weather
3. Change the weather

1. Weather Ball (base ball sized)
2. Weather Ball (bowling ball sized)
3. Weather Ball (wreaking ball sized)

FireHead Hank
17th May 2006, 11:19 PM
How about creating eruptions? Like Numel/Camerupt/Eruption. You can pull lava up from the ground. Firstly only a little, but eventually, it can explode out of the ground with force. Maybe surrounding your body with fire? It can stem from your original ability, but go through Fire Punch, Blaze Kick, and finally, you can surround yourself with flames. Maybe even be Pyrokinetic (like Pyro from X-men (egad, plagurism plagurism!)), and control fire shaping and moving it how you wish.

Seeing as I was talking with Dias about the RPG in chat, I though I'd share two of the abilities my character will eventually have:

Current ability:
1. Make the air colder, warmer, dryer, wetter (with emotions)
2. Affect the weather
3. Change the weather

1. Weather Ball (base ball sized)
2. Weather Ball (bowling ball sized)
3. Weather Ball (wreaking ball sized)
I really like your ideas especially the one with the eruption thing. Thanks!

You could also have the ability to create a little meteor high, up in the sky, which would crash into the ground. You could develop this ability until you would be able to create a meteoric swarm(the D/P dragon attack). I know you didnt ask for any suggestions but I thought it was a cool dragon ability.

Diamond_Unicorn
17th May 2006, 11:47 PM
Electricity could also be connected to fire. Also, here are some fire power ideas.

Manipulating flame by shaping it as he desires, increasing or decreasing its heat, intensity, and size.

Creating and manipulating flames that are semi-solid or completely and can pick up objects.

Can't be burned by fire or can even absorb fire and make his more powerful.

Heating up the air around him so he can fly. (It works for other flying fire/heat people.)

Flaming up parts or his entire body.

Dias
18th May 2006, 2:18 AM
Well, I've finished my ability progression; originally intended on having three but ended up extending it to four (though one is just mainly cosmetic).

Wear Fiend

1. Has small horns protruding from his temples and slightly sharp fingernails.
2. Horns grow in size, fingernails become stronger and teeth sharpen.
3. Demonic wings sprout from his back and his horns fully mature.
4. Fingernails mature into full claws, skin becomes tougher and more durable.

Darkvision

1. Can see in the dark, though his vision is in black and white.
2. Can inspire fear in others with his gaze, making them shaken and jittery.
3. Can see perfectly in the dark (actually, better than he can in the light).
4. Can paralyze others with his gaze, gripping them with fear.

Shadow Magic

1. Can extinguish lights around him. Candles, torches, and fires dim until snuffed and electrical lights flicker and turn off.
2. Can send shadows to spy, deliver messages, et cetera.
3. Can move between shadows; Decus can enter a shadow and exit another. He has to be able to see the shadows.
4. Can move between shadows, though he can travel greater distances. He is able to ‘see’ other shadows after entering one, so he can exit ones farther away, in other rooms, etc.

Devil’s Toys

1. Can project a small burst of dark energy.
2. Claws/fists can be imbued with dark matter.
3. Can hurl an orb of dark matter.
4. Can enter a state of rage, becoming enwreathed in dark matter.

I suppose I'll say where the abilities came from, or what they are based on. Mainly inspiration was drawn from a few dark-type Pokemon attacks, and then from two prestige classes from Dungeons and Dragons; the Acolyte of the Skin and the Shadow Dancer. Wear Fiend is inspired by the Acolyte of the Skin's ability to summon a demon or devil's flesh onto/into himself, which matures over time. Third and fourth level of Shadow Magic come's from the Shadow Dancer's shadow jump ability.

Levels two and four under darkvision are based off of mean look, glare, and the Acolyte of the Skin's Fiendish Glare. Which is basically just like the atack glare - paralyzing gaze. Levels one and three of Devil's Toys are a weaker and stronger shadow ball (as Dan said I could use some ghost stuff). Level two is shadow punch, and level four is beat up, but with the uncontrollable, recklessness of raging.

Kev Chi
18th May 2006, 2:54 AM
Since everyone else is posting their abilities:

Metal Skin:
1. Arms are covered in steel when tensed.
2. Arms and Legs become covered in steel, on command.
3. All parts of his body become covered in steel.

Meteor Mash:
1. Mach Punch: A weak punch able to dent steel doors
2. Mega Punch: A stronger punch able to pound holes into steel doors.
3. Meteor Mash: Pretty much just annilates mountians.

Tempered Metal:
1. Able to stand heat hotter then 300 degrees.
2. Able to stand heat as hot as magma.
3. Able to stand heat as hot as lightning.

Steel's Strength
1. Able to lift bolders.
2. Able to lift houses.
3. Able to lift a Wailord (or Snorlax, whatevers heavier =P)

Tempered Steel is kinda ify but I like it lol. I was also thinking about something were I was immune to posions but I kinda figured in comes with the type.

cdra1617
18th May 2006, 3:34 AM
Since everyone's doing it and I am working on a post, I thought I'd post my ability ideas. Or two of them anyway.

1. Creates small sparks of electricity
2. Creates a lightning ball strong enough to stun smaller Pokémon or children temporarily
3. Creates a lightning attack strong enough to stun an adult temporarily

1. Can influence the actions of lightning and electricity
2. Can control small amounts of lightning/electricity
3. Can control bolts of lightning and large amounts of electricity

Spectre
18th May 2006, 4:02 AM
Ice Time:

1. Freeze small amounts of water and chill the air slightly.
2. Able to chill the air enough to cause minor frostbite.
3. Freeze meduim amounts of water and chill the air enough to cause snow.
4. Freeze large amounts of water and cause severe frostbite. Easier to do when enraged.

The freezing thing kinda acts like a domino effect, spreading like wildfire.

Stained Glacier:

1. Small clumps of ice can surround the hands. Easily melted.
2. Thick layers of ice can be formed on the hands. Melts slowly.
3. Thick layers of ice can be shaped into a cuspidate form a.k.a. icicles. Difficult to melt.

Close range combat weapon. Starts as a more efficient fist, then slowly becomes a spear like object on hands.

Hailstorm:

1. Small amounts of ice can be shot at the enemy.
2. Small amounts of large ice can be shot at the enemy.
3. Beams of frost can be shot to create instant frozen objects. Only works on non-living objects. Large amounts of ice and frost can be shot at the enemy.
(4. Indefinite amounts of frost can be shot to create a "walkway" in the air.)

Kinda copied from Iceman on X-Men, his runway thing he shoots. 4 is in parenthesis because i wasn't sure if this was overpowered or not.

Frozen Life:

1. Able to freeze a joint on a body, causing decreased mobility. Only 1 part. Effect wears off once ice disappears.
2. Able to freeze multiple joints on a body for decreased mobility. Effect wears off once ice disappears.
3. Able to freeze multiple joints of a body for immobility. Effect wears off once ice disappears.

Was sorta iffy about this one. Sounds overpowering and I think I might need to explain it a bit. If this is unacceptable, I'll explain it at a later time.

Kev Chi
18th May 2006, 4:40 AM
You know that magnetic ability you wanted me to have Razor? I think that'll go good with cdra's character. :D (and I'm going to be all over the place if she has that ability) x_X

Typhlogirl
19th May 2006, 10:12 AM
Since everyone seems to be chatting 'bout abilities, I thought I'd add my four and see if they are alright.

Hawk Eyes

1. Enhanced eyesight. (can read small print easily, see things a fair way away)
2. High level eyesight. (Similiar to Enhanced, yet stronger)
3. Perfect eyesight. (can comfortably read signs three miles away, can locate ants on the ground from the air.)

Accuracy

1. Better than normal accuracy.
2. Enhanced accuracy (can hit a moderately moving target everytime, can hit objects a fair way away)
3. Perfect Accuracy (Can hit any target, any speed, any distance)

The final accuracy level will take a far amount of time to advance.

Wind Blades

1. Can summon small breezes to wings.
2. Can fire wind in a stream at a target, fire small, quick blades from wings.
3. Can fire large, incredibly fast blades of wind from wings.

Super Air Speed

1. Can equal a car.
2. Can equal a passenger plane.
3. Can reach Mach 2.

This will only start once my character is used to her wings.

I decided not to include the gravity reduction as that grows with Hondia's wings.

-;157;

Shadowcat
19th May 2006, 10:47 AM
Needles of Illusion

I: Able to shoot poisonous needles and normal needles at foe from a few meters

II: Able to shoot normal needles accurately at the opponent

III: Able to shoot poisnous needles accurately at the opponent

IV: Able to shoot both kinds of needles from a long distance.

V: Able to shoot both kinds of needles from a long distance accurately and swiftly.

I'll post the rest once I have an idea.

Draco Malfoy
20th May 2006, 8:02 AM
RL, as an extension/expansion to Power Two of my character, as his Final Stage for that power, can he create plant hybrids and can he create a completely new plant species? I won't do anything TOO ridiculous.

Kev Chi
20th May 2006, 8:15 PM
Just like to say that this is one of the better RPGs I've been in. I was in a few of Rene's but they got closed. I've also been in a few others but people just didn't know how to post or some would sign up and not post at all. Thanks again Razor :D *wonders if he should post again*

FireHead Hank
20th May 2006, 8:40 PM
I have a question about the abilities...Is there any particular order when new abilities should apear/the abilities should reach their next stage? (for example; first learn all the abilities, then the abilites are able to reach their next stage)

cdra1617
20th May 2006, 9:02 PM
Um, I was thinking about the partners you mentioned. I saw that it said wild, but I had a thought for one that was not...

See, I want Ari to run into some trainer's little Eevee that isn't being taken care of. I'd like her to adopt it in (the trainer will be dealt with, you can be sure) and raise it. Then, somehow, she'd run into a Thunder Stone and it'd evolve.

If I can't do that, I'll just get an Electrike to start following her around. o.o;

Ytnim
21st May 2006, 1:36 AM
Hi all, I've joined kinda late, but I'm taking up the fighting type. Since everyone else has posted something about their abilities, I might as well.

Toughness
1. Skin turns a greyish colour, and becomes harder than normal. Muscles change slightly, becoming more resistant to tiredness.
2. Skin hardens further, becoming more resilent and muscles increase resistance to tiredness.
3. Skin is now quite hard, enough to soften most bludgeoning blows and small nicks and cuts. Muscles are extremely resistant to tiredness, they might never get sore through overuse.

I have some ideas for some other ones, but I just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas on abilities first.

Erik Destler
22nd May 2006, 9:11 PM
I'm having difficulties thinking of decent abilities for my ghost character.

I thought of this one, which is loosely based off of Levitate.

Stage one- Only somewhat transparent, only lasts for about ten minutes

Stage two- More transparent, yet somewhat more solid. Can go through things more painlessly than stage one; lasts twenty minutes

Stage three- Somewhat transparent, fading in and out. Lasts thirty minutes to an hour, and notably things from the ground cannot even touch him.

Stage four- Completely transparent, lasts as long as needed, things from the ground just go through him, as most other things can.

That's all I have, but I need some help thinking up some more.

katiekitten
23rd May 2006, 12:05 AM
I hope ma post was ok. ^.^

Hmm...

Well, you could be able to spy on others dreams? You know, like haunter? At first, whilst sleeping you could get glimpses of others dreams, and it could progress until you can tresspass freely and sometimes even change them. Hows that? :)

Yeppers, I actually posted. >.< Sorry for the wait, I was having a couple of problems. All sorted now. :)

My abilities, then. Thanks for the help, guys!

With the feelers...

Stage 1: Good sense of smell, can smell feelings from close distances, farther if the wind is blowing the right way. Through her feelers. XD

Stage 2: Better sense of smell, can hear from farther away. Can feel someone approaching through vibrations in the ground through her legs from five meters away.

Stage 3: Smell distance improves, as does vibration sensing. Smell is so good she can smell cheese a mile away, farther if the wind is blowing the right way. Vibrations from 20 KM.

Stage 4: Smell improves more, as does vibrations. She can sense even tiny vibrations from a meter away.

Stage 5: Advanced sense of smell, advanced vibrations. :)

I really liked the light idea. And the jumping. XD

Stage 1: Is able to create a small glow, visable only in dark areas. Can only maintain it for five seconds.

Stage 2: Brighter light, can slightly be seen in daylight. Can jump slightly higher than normal, and farther. Can maintain light for a minute.

Stage 3: Brighter still, she visably glows in day light. Can jump her height. Can maintain light for ten minutes.

Stage 4: Light is slightly painful to others eyes, but you can still adjust to it. She can jump twice her height. Maintains light for an hour

Stage 5: She can jump three-four times her height, light is blinding and can momentarily blind someone. She can maintain light for three hours.

The harden would be pretty useful... I could link it in with her fear... *is struck with brainstorm*

Stage 1: A weak shield that hardens her body for five seconds, in which she cannot move. Protects her from small scratches.

Stage 2: Shield lasts fifteen seconds, and is strong enough to resist a slash.

Stage 3: Shield lasts thirty seconds, and is strong enough to resist a stronger attack, a punch and a kick.

Stage 4: Shield lasts fourty five seconds, and is stronger. Able to resist small drops.

Stage 5: Shield lasts a minute. Is able to protect her from major falls, and attacks.

Kev Chi
23rd May 2006, 1:00 AM
For Erik, how bout you split up the levitate and the invisibility? No need to combine them. The dream idea is pretty good too. For Havok...maybe something to do with punches or kicks? maybe weak punch for start, then element punches/kicks for the end?

Ytnim
23rd May 2006, 7:15 AM
Updated list of Abilities

Toughness

1. Skin turns a greyish colour, and becomes harder than normal. Muscles change slightly, becoming more resistant to tiredness.
2. Skin hardens further, becoming more resilent and muscles increase resistance to tiredness.
3. Skin is now quite hard, enough to soften most bludgeoning blows and small nicks and cuts. Muscles are extremely resistant to tiredness, they might never get sore through overuse.

Fighting Prowess

1. Gains basic knowledge of self-defense of a variety of martial arts.
2. Increase to all muscle size, tone and strength equivelent to a martial arts master in their prime.
3. Gains intermediate knowledge of self-defense of a variety of martial arts.
4. Further increase to all muscle size, tone and strength of supernatural proportions.
5. Gains expert knowledge of self-defense of a variety of martial arts.

I will be adding/editing this post with new abilities.

Erik Destler
23rd May 2006, 4:29 PM
For Erik, how bout you split up the levitate and the invisibility? No need to combine them. The dream idea is pretty good too. For Havok...maybe something to do with punches or kicks? maybe weak punch for start, then element punches/kicks for the end?

Well, I wasn't really meaning invisible, but I see what you mean. It's not so much of a Levitate that one was, it's more of a transparency; like a ghost. As in, floating through walls or something.

The dream idea is awesome, but when will he be able to use it? I mean, it's not like that many people are going to be asleep in the roleplay. x3

Honestly, I was thinking about this, and Dan wasn't specific, but can I use moves for Shadow Pokemon? (Colloseum and XD) I mean, I think I can make an ability based off one or two of them combined with another move.

RaZoR LeAf
24th May 2006, 4:00 PM
Sorry i've not replied in a while people, but here we go. Everyone that has listed abilities, they're all fine.

masterwannabe - I don't see a problem creating hybrid plants, just so long as you don't create a cure for cancer out of a daffodil and a rose.

Firehead Hank - It can be any order, whether you master one while you're still learning two others or you do them one by one, it doesn't matter.

cdra1617 - An Eevee is fine

Erik - I never thought about Shadow Pokemon to be honest, but yet, you can use those too.

I'll get a character post up ASAP.

FireHead Hank
5th June 2006, 4:07 PM
I've got a problem. In my first post I never really mentioned the exact name of my Location and the names of the Pokemon I met. I thought it was kinda clear that I am in the Safari Zone with some Rhyhorns and Kangaskahns.... but it seems like it didnt;

I just wanted to post my second entry after I had read through the new posts and saw in Sapphire's post that she started in the Safari Zone too, though I posted first...but probably you couldnt guess my location..... You know, I already have my "route" in mind, but now that Sapphire didnt saw/recognized that I'm already in the Safari Zone, am I supposed to change my location? Because Sapphire already posted her location, but I didnt('cause I was one of the first posters and the "post-your-location" rule wasnt there)....I dont no what to do now...could someone help me?:/

Dias
5th June 2006, 4:29 PM
I believe we are supposed to gradually meet up over the course of the RPG anyway. Hence why we can sense each other's presence. I don't see why you couldn't be in the same place; you'd just probably meet up earlier.

Diamond_Unicorn
6th June 2006, 4:57 AM
Well, these are the abilities that I thought would be good for Tala. And there's Tala's first ability once it's fully developed. Tell me if there's anything wrong with them.

Phantom Sight
1. Sees phantom images, younger or weaker phantoms are blurs
2. Can see all phantoms clearly and communicate with them
3. Can summon phantoms

Mental Barrage
1. Sends a psychic blast into a person’s mind that causes a prick of pain, like being struck by a needle.
2. Psychic blasts become more painful, like being stabbed in the head with a dagger and may cause a momentary blackout
3. Psychic blasts painful enough to cause unconsciousness that can last for several minutes

Telepathy
1. Hears current thoughts of unprotected minds
2. Can read minds of average defense, has also gained ability to send her thoughts to others
3. Can read most minds and even influence the actions of weak or willing minds

I'm also making her precognitive, but I'm trying to restrict it so she isn't some kind of Deus Ex Machina, or however you spell it.

katiekitten
6th June 2006, 1:27 PM
Tala? *eye twitches* XD Nah, it is just that I named my story character that. So much for her name being original. *hits self* XD

Hank, like Dias said, you were going to meet up anyway.

Sapphy! *hugs* I haven't alked to you in a while...

Diamond, they are good abilities! Although maybe not make it so advanced so early? Like for the second and last one, as they are sligtly linked, you could make it so she is able to sense other minds. For she has to be able to understand what is going on, before advancing to attacking other minds. I dunno, just an idea. :)

Diamond_Unicorn
15th June 2006, 12:50 AM
Hey, I've been wondering. I know Razor Leaf said that our characters wouldn't be able to actually converse with their pokemon, but would Tala be able to mentally communicate with other pokemon once her powers develop to that point? Or would it just be psychic pokemon she could establish full communication with?

I also updated the mind blasts and telepathy. After Katiekitten's suggestions and looking back at the mind blasts, it did seem to advance too quickly, so I put another stage in. And I became a little more detailed.

Mind Blast
1. Sends a psychic blast into a person’s mind that causes a spark of pain, like a thin needle
2. Psychic blasts become more painful, like being hit
3. Causes sharp pain, like a muscle cramp
4. Psychic blasts painful enough to cause a temporary black out

Telepathy
1. Hears current thoughts of unprotected minds in the near vicinity, can also sense when other minds are around
2. Can read minds of average defense, has also gained ability to project her own thoughts
3. Can read most minds and even influence the actions of weak or willing minds

I would appreciate help with precognition, because I'm not sure how to even start them, although I think they're going to be her last power to fully develop.

RaZoR LeAf
15th June 2006, 10:06 PM
I'd rather you didn't develop an ability to communicate completely, but being able to speak to it and hear it's own thoughts as a pokemon rather than in a human language would be ok.

Also, guys I'm relying on you to just keep the RPG going for a bit. I've had no free time to myself lately (started a new job, busy busy busy), that's why I've not posted anything yet. I have a day off Sunday (I HOPE), so i'll try my hardest to get something done.

katiekitten
16th June 2006, 7:29 PM
I'll try to post today. :)

A new job? Congrats! Don't worry about it, we all get busy from time to time. =D

Diamond, that is better. I agree with Razor Leaf. Also, perhaps take the sensing of minds and make it the first stage? I dunno, it just seems a little more sensible. :)

For precognition, how about have her have these feelings when something bad is going to happen. Such as her stomach starting to churn the closer it gets. As the power develops, she could get more precise feelings. Different responses to different things, and a vague thought of what it could be. Those could become clearer and clearer, and she can sense events farther into the future, until she knows what is going to happen a day from now, anywhere in the world. That could lead to some problems with control, as the thoughts. She would have to learn to focus her mind, a trial that would be great for chracter development. How will she react? Questions like that. =D

Draco Malfoy
17th June 2006, 12:51 AM
Also, Diamond Unicron, your character whould also develop telekinesis as most Psychic Pokemon and Sabrina herself have that ability. This is how it might work out. Since Telekinesis is an INCREDIBLY diverse and powerful ability which can reach into a lot of powers, a five stage develop is recommendable.

Telekinesis

1) Can only pull, push and leviate three things at a slow speed that she can normally move without her telekinesis.

2) She can now do more than just pull, push and leviate. She can now move seven objects at once that can she can normally move without her telekinesis in any direction she wishes at the speed of a running person.

3) Now she can telekinetically move objects at an incredily fast pace and can move objects that her heavier than herself, even a turck if she tried. She can move an infinate number of objects but if their total weight is heavier than a truck, she will become mentally fatigued at a faster pace.

4) She can now move objects heavier than a mountain. She can also create Force Field/Shields that could stand the force of a nuclear bomb with her telekinesis. This means she could fly unaided by forcing her to "leviate" and moving at fast speed in the air. She can move an infinate number of objects but if their total weight is heavier than a mountain, she will become mentally fatigued at a faster pace.

5) She can now telekinetically lift objects heavier than the largest cities and the largest mountains. She can also now telekinetically manipulate and move things smaller than sight such as molecules and compunds. This means she can discentergrate and rearange your molecules in your face to give you a completely new look you with a flink a finger. Note that she CANNOT create molecules; she can only rearrange and remove molecules which mean the original product must exist. She can also create a physical invisible avatar of her telekinesis and shape it in any shape she wants to; knives, battering rams, stairs, you name it. But while she is using this ability, she can't use the other aspects in Telekinesis when normally, she can use all aspects of her telekinesis at the same time. Her force fields/shields can withstand desctruction more powerful than a nuclear reaction and can protect up to seventy people at once but the more powerful the attacking force is and the longer she sustains the shields, the more psionic/mental backlash and pain it will cause her. She can move an infinate number of objects but if their total weight is heavier than the largest cities or mountains, or if they are microscopic, she will become mentally fatigued at a faster pace

cdra1617
17th June 2006, 7:21 PM
I'm going to be gone for the next three weeks e_e So masterwannabe, katiekitten, and RaZoR LeAf can control my character. I appologize for being gone so long.

katiekitten
18th June 2006, 12:52 PM
Okies! *hugs* Have fun!

Shadowcat
19th June 2006, 6:20 AM
Posting to say that I won't be on really often for a month. katiekitten and RaZoR LeAf can just control my character if they want to. I'm not forcing anyone. Just been busy with reality.

katiekitten
19th June 2006, 10:18 PM
Okies! *hugs*

I am halfway through my post, but the internet cut out on the computer I was on. So I can't post until tomorrow. >.<