PDA

View Full Version : UK nationals

cheekie3
14th May 2006, 9:09 AM
did anyone here attend the UK nationals last week.

i can't be bothered to do a full report.
but i went 3-4 day 1 and 1-3 day 2 ending on a disappointing 4-7 finish.

fun day met lots of people.
got some good cards including zaborg and i pulled a warrior elimination <3

Torkoal Stu
14th May 2006, 9:55 AM
There are UK nationals?

Holy Feck, I thought UK was neglected all the time when it comes to everything about Yu-Gi-Oh TGC.

Hey cheekie where did you get information about the Nationals?

Because if there is ever another one, i'm SO going O_O!

But congrats, did you duel anyone interesting? I mean with awesomeness cards and stuff.

Also were your cards from the US allowed, because before the merged together to make multi-regional cards we had US cards, are they playable though?

cheekie3
14th May 2006, 11:56 AM
they have nationals every year, last year the winner(adam) went to worlds this year the winner and the rest orf the top 8 go to the europeon championships. this year it was in birmingham and was set over 2 days.
so you will have to wait a year till the nest one and you have to qulify in a regenal or city to play or you can just play side events.

american cards and english cards are both allowed, its japanese etc cards that are not allowed.

i didn't play any of the top players, but most of which had ratings over 2800 when mine is not even at 2600 lol.
most had cc decks(chaos verients) but i did play a final countdown deck and a burm/stein deck.

for information on it and the full coverage go here-

http://www.metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=61&EventId=128

Torkoal Stu
14th May 2006, 12:10 PM
Wow thanks cheekie ^_^

I'll have to watch out for that next year then.

But coolioness ^^ Thanks for the info.

Little_Pikachu
20th May 2006, 4:36 AM
I was there, competing in the nats this year, I even made it to the second day somehow and overall I won 5 out of the 11 games :) Although by the end of it I was totally messed up with a cold and made loads of mistakes, if you saw someone looking like they were about to commit suicide with a pocket full of tissues and throat sweets that was me :(
It was a lot of fun, my friends who didn't qualify had a lot of fun in the side events too. It's a great experience for anyone who likes to play, no matter what your level.

Raito
20th May 2006, 4:47 AM
OMGWTFBBQ Little Pikachu plays Yugimonz?! *shot*

It's a revolution! We...must...Aim Duel now!

Torkoal Stu
20th May 2006, 8:39 AM
Wow Little Pikachu I didn't know you played Yu-Gi-Oh. Cool ^^

I so have to go next year now D:

IRL Duels > IM duels (I seem to constantly duel on IM now XP) > All other online duels.

cheekie3
20th May 2006, 5:59 PM
I was there, competing in the nats this year, I even made it to the second day somehow and overall I won 5 out of the 11 games :) Although by the end of it I was totally messed up with a cold and made loads of mistakes, if you saw someone looking like they were about to commit suicide with a pocket full of tissues and throat sweets that was me :(
It was a lot of fun, my friends who didn't qualify had a lot of fun in the side events too. It's a great experience for anyone who likes to play, no matter what your level.

you still did 1 better than me
i was making mistakes from the start in my first round i mst'd swords on its last turn without attacking XDXDXD

CRAZY WACKO DUDE
21st May 2006, 6:29 PM
Guys, to help you, here (http://www.yugioh.co.uk/) is a link to a UK forum that can help you with finding various tournaments, you will be able to get your deck rated, and arrange to duel online in the Duelling Room, and the Online Tournaments section.