PDA

View Full Version : Reality Television RPGs

Draco Malfoy
14th May 2006, 10:41 AM
Since my Kingdom Hearts RPG is running quite smoothly, I decided to make another RPG. But what kind of RPG? After much consideration, I decided to try a completely new untapped idea; to make a RPG based on a Reality Television Game Show. But which Game Show? So I narrowed the search down to three different Game Shows but I haven't managed to decide which one to use. Can you help me pick which Game Show I should use in my RPG? Here are the three:

Big Brother
The Amazing Race
Survivor.

ALL three WILL be in Pokemon-style: there won't be an absence of it so don't worry.

Vote for your favourite.

flygonrulz
14th May 2006, 10:56 AM
Big Brother! I saw it on another forum and it had a load of intrest. I'd sign up straight as I saw it...bigbrotherbigbrotherbigbrotherbigbrotherbigbr other!

Yami Ryu
14th May 2006, 12:05 PM
These seem to be more 'game' style things then RPGs. How would they be pulled off? I mean with the challenges and such, as Survivor is two groups of people, and the challenges are them going against one another, so how would you keep order for that when the challenges came about?

And Big Brother? O_o how could that be done as an RP?

The only one I think would have any hope of surviving really would be the 'Amazing Race' as it could be one person rping two people and wouldn't have to worry about a person dropping out and their partner/buddy/friend/whatever being stuck on their own.

ex-ty
14th May 2006, 12:07 PM
I choose big brother RPG. I've always wondered what it would be like to enter it and i also would sign up straight away.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
15th May 2006, 3:32 AM
im with renegade! I dont see any of these as RPGs. I guess it could be done but.....

Draco Malfoy
15th May 2006, 8:00 AM
I know this kind of stuff suits more for the Game Subforums but this is a good challenge; it'll help me improve my skills as a Game Master. Don't worry. I found a way to RP Big Brother and Survivor. Look, how about this.

For Big Brother, you judge other House mates by their ability to RP (i.e. post lengths, descriptions, spelling, etc.) then depending on how good they are, you evit/nominate them. So, the winner is the best at RP-ing. Players nominate/evit by PM-ing their choices. The evitees can hang around at a nearby alternate Big Brother House for evitees.

Personally I don't like Big Brother because people can get REALLY feisty and deceitful in this game. But everybody gets feisty in competitions anyway...

For Survivor, I'll keep the challenges simple and easy. The winner, is yet again, the person with the best RP-ing skills as if I think you're not good enough, I'll purposely RP your character and make you fall and trip over or something and allow the other participator to win.

My personal favourite is the Amazing Race. I think Renegade pointed out all the reasons why. Plus it's my favourite show. Look, I've seen even harder and worse things get turned into RPGs. Turning Game Shows into RPGs will be a real test of my abilities. I want to try this out; nobody here had really tried this idea before. I want to prove that this is possible. Hell, I've seen worse. In one Forum, I've seen House turned into a RPG. Even more unbelievable, I've seen Desperate Housewives turned into a RPG and that's like nearly impossible. And do you believe that the Desperate Housewives RPG was actually a sucess? Amazing things can happen if you think about; all you have to do is try.

~*Nobody*~
15th May 2006, 8:03 AM
SURVIVOR!!! THAT WOULD BE COOl! But I thought this type of thread weren't alloud? Oh well.