PDA

View Full Version : Shining Milokaross!

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
14th May 2006, 3:27 PM
I'm still working on SM!
www.shining-milokaross.co.uk
but, how do I center the text, so that it doesn't go behind the navbar?
I love the new layout, just need to add more tables, they ALWAYS make it better XD. I made it, well, heavily edited it from a blank COTD layout, thanks, Dragonfree.

Hiroki
14th May 2006, 3:39 PM
but, how do I center the text, so that it doesn't go behind the navbar?
I'm kinda lost here... =/. Do you want the text in the center of the the nav?

14th May 2006, 4:01 PM
No, i want the main content next to the navbar, out side of it, so it doesn't go into the navbar's table.

Dragonfree
17th May 2006, 12:29 AM
Uh, okay, that looks like you took my free layout and then for some strange reason put half of another layout inside it.

If you're going to use mine, use just mine. Don't delete the content div and put in a bunch of random tables instead; it defeats the entire point of using a CSS layout and will mess it up if you don't know what you're doing, which you clearly don't. Remove the tables altogether; put JUST the content and nothing else inside the div that was already there called "content".

Comis Patronus
17th May 2006, 12:30 AM
You do know that the spelling is Mirokarosu right? Anyway, an improvement from what I've gathered.

Dragonfree
17th May 2006, 12:31 AM
Actually, the full romanization of "Mirokarosu" is "Milokaross" or something close to it.

Similar to how you can either write "Sutoraiku" or "Strike" as Scyther's Japanese name.

Faltzer
17th May 2006, 6:56 PM
So basically you insult SPP before and then still come here? Whoa.

And by the way just use Dragonfree's layout. Not mix up random tables. Did you really learn good html or did you really just insert random tables? By the way you should remove that tables thing from there and add a border in CSS.

Jetx
17th May 2006, 9:55 PM
Okay, I'll crit..

I don't know what's up, but you've seriously used the wrong tags in the wrong place, I don't really know why. but it makes the pages look like background images. :/

Also, don't use the

[Link
Link
Link] and dummies on the navbar; it doesn't look great.

Also, you stole Coronis's 4th Gen sprites, you can't go putting them on your website...

Oh, one more thing that really ****** me off. You won't let people be a top affiliate because of their host?! That's really immature, I would understand if you said 'No sites with freewebs layouts' but why 'no freewebs'? Seriously, if the site I'm building at the moment had its own domain, you couldn't tell it was freewebs. Basically, it's really unfair to deny perfectly good site because it's host.

Apart from that, it's actually pretty good. Oh yeah, i was giving you advice; not insulting you. ¬¬

Faltzer
18th May 2006, 1:11 AM
Okay, I'll crit..

I don't know what's up, but you've seriously used the wrong tags in the wrong place, I don't really know why. but it makes the pages look like background images. :/

Also, don't use the

[Link
Link
Link] and dummies on the navbar; it doesn't look great.

Also, you stole Coronis's 4th Gen sprites, you can't go putting them on your website...

Oh, one more thing that really ****** me off. You won't let people be a top affiliate because of their host?! That's really immature, I would understand if you said 'No sites with freewebs layouts' but why 'no freewebs'? Seriously, if the site I'm building at the moment had its own domain, you couldn't tell it was freewebs. Basically, it's really unfair to deny perfectly good site because it's host.

Apart from that, it's actually pretty good. Oh yeah, i was giving you advice; not insulting you. ¬¬

Affiliate isn't that immature. Freewebs is way to over used by people and basically many people deny freewebs when it comes to top affys. Also, PokeXD has WAY more content then Pokeuniverse and he makes him a normal affy. Pretty un-fair.

EDIT:Oh wait. He didn't give him credit.
EDIT 2:http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2282/banner44eb.gif I recommend a better made banner so people know you worked hard on it.
EDIT 3: Page is all messed up when I go to some pages. Fix that.

21st May 2006, 2:39 PM
Thats the whole point I've been asking about!
Anyways, Everything from.... NOW is not to be mentioned, if it is about me, okay? I didn't use two layouts, I used one, then put tables in, I did give crit to Coronis.
"Thank you to CORONIS for the sprites!" Read the page dudes.
I Don't know CS-frickin'-S! I get lost at the Syntax!
Now how do I move the text to the right? I have but <div align="right"> in my top.txt and </div> in the bottom.txt, but does nothing!

Magma Leader Maxie
21st May 2006, 4:40 PM
For aligning text put text-align:right; in the CSS stylesheet or directly use <div style="text-align:right;"> on the page. If it's Dragonfree's layout, then you're likely to mess your page up if you insert anything into the stylesheet without knowing exactly what effect you're after. Like suggested above, just use it as it is. Other than that, either take a few hours to sit down and learn basic CSS or get someone to make it for you.

As for general page design: your font is hard to read on several pages due to the bg being pale blue and the text being white. Your site seems to comprise of several "chunks" rather than one whole site. The guestbook, for instance, is completely different to the rest of the site. Work on your page integration.

All your files have the exstension .php, so I was expecting to see something dynamic. Instead, I get static, fragmented pages. And DO NOT have half of the navbar filled with "Link". Please read the guide to having a good website that chaos wrote. What he says about not opening up too early is not his idea of a joke. That's very important. Even if your site is just for fun.

P.S. Here's a tip: pay close attention with whom you affiliate with. Reject bad sites, not just blindly reject freewebs sites.

Jetx
21st May 2006, 7:50 PM
"Thank you to CORONIS for the sprites!" Read the page dudes.

Sorry. ^_^;

21st May 2006, 8:07 PM
That <div style="text-align:right;"> doesn't work, ^^;

Hiroki
22nd May 2006, 5:13 AM
My rant on your affiliation requirements.

1. No forums. --- Why the hell not?
9. NO FREEWEBS --- You know the site Pokenightmare.com? They were once hosted by Freewebs.
11. Only 1 spelling error. --- That's like telling people to try not to get randomly assinated, plus your site has lot's of grammar and spelling mistakes.

22nd May 2006, 2:41 PM
Will everyone stop moaning on about my Affiliation ToS? I'm not adding/changing any pages untill I fix this layout, I might also have to change my content management from CuteNews.

Dragonfree
22nd May 2006, 6:23 PM
Do what I said you should do to fix the layout.

Remove all the tables.

Get my layout again, and do NOT erase any of the div tags, especially not <div id="content">.

Put your content inside said <div id="content">. Do NOT insert any tables there. Just put the content, as in the text of the content, paragraph tags, etc.

Put the menu inside the <div id="leftmenu">, following the instructions with the layout exactly. Do not add any table tags anywhere.

Remove the <div id="rightmenu"> altogether, since you don't have a right menu.

Find the line in the CSS that says "margin-right:something" under #content. Remove that line.

Now save it, and DO NOT ADD ANY TABLE TAGS WHATSOEVER ANYWHERE.

Then it will work.

Virtual Headache
22nd May 2006, 9:01 PM
OK: First of all:
I think you should change the buttons for the categories (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/ACTIONGAMER/Website/sm/site.gif for example), they kinda don't match with the color of the site.

And where are the credits for Coronis?
I don't see them o.o

To normal affiliate, all I must do is like your site and have atleast 7 pages!
Please only ask once! And be prepared for rejection!
You should take this out. This doesn't sound really motivating.

Other than that I've got nothing to add, since most has already been said.

You site is ok, but still needs a little work^^

chaos on the internet
22nd May 2006, 9:10 PM
The text on the affiliate page is impossible to read, and perhaps you shouldn't be so harsh since your site isn't exactly popular yet. In general, you should probably look over your own website as there are 4 spelling mistakes and numerous grammatical errors on a page that requires affiliates to have, at maximum, 1 spelling error. Nobody likes a hypocrite :-(

Ignoring the HTML errors on the majority of the pages, you should probably do something to spruce up the layout. The top banner is bland and the headers over the links don't really work with the layout, they look more like affiliate buttons. Also, the hover color should probably be changed.

Anyway, you got a domain, thats a good start for a serious site. Since you have your own domain and hosting, perhaps you should host the forum and guestbook physically on the site :|

23rd May 2006, 3:07 PM
HTML errors? There are? Where? Anyways, yes I got 2 domains, .net and .co.uk, but I prefer my .co.uk,
and Dragonfree, so tables are a no-no?
Hmm, great webmaster I am. ¬_¬

Dragonfree
23rd May 2006, 8:36 PM
Tables being a no-no is not my point. My point is that you're guaranteed to mess something up if you add random table tags to your layout when you don't know what you're doing.

Moonlight.
24th May 2006, 11:05 PM
Make the layout one big table, the way you did it causes some pages to mess up (take the RBY page as an example). Also, do not steal. It gets you nowhere, and people will not like your site.

25th May 2006, 7:52 AM
Where have I stolen? No-where, I gave Coronis credit for the 4th gen sprites, and I think I made the rest of it myself.

Faltzer
25th May 2006, 4:42 PM
Where is the credit..?

Dragonfree
25th May 2006, 4:55 PM
You put it at the bottom of the "4th gen Pokémon" page, which is not enough considering you have the sprites on every page of the site, not just that one. Either make a special "Credits" page or put it on every page of the site.