PDA

View Full Version : Hiding the Legendaries: help and stuff

Musical Mayhem
16th May 2006, 10:04 PM
Okay everybody, if you have any questions, now's the tiem to ask because we're starting TOMARROW! I hope i spelled that right. Now, I will post various problems that we had in the old RPG....

1. Absolutely no FLAMING! Flaming is bad, we had an incident with that last time.
2. NO SHORT POSTS! I cannot say this enough.
3. KISS: to a degree. it doesn't have to be all simple, but don't go and overcomplicate it, also an issue last time.

I think that's it... If I forgot anything, tell me.

Torkie10
16th May 2006, 10:09 PM
Well, I do beleive that people should keep their mailboxes available for RPG mail. If it is full, then problems could arise. SP, I would like you to take care of my characters while I study for finals. I will be ready on the 23, because the 22 is the last day of school for me.

Musical Mayhem
16th May 2006, 10:18 PM
Wow, you're last day of school is the twenty second!? *looks at June 14th longingly* the sad part is when I get out of school, the RPG will be put on hold because of my vacation. That's life for you. I'll take care of Torkie for you, nonetheless or however you spell it.

Psychic
16th May 2006, 10:53 PM
o.o You're starting an RPG just so you can put it on hold after four/five weeks? Then why not just wait until you get back before starting, or after the summer? And if already one person can't RP for awhile, and when he gets back you leave less than two weeks later, why start now?

A lot of people will probably want to shoot me for saying this, but I'm sure it's on all our minds despite not wanting to say it. *hears other RPers lock and load within shooting range* It just seems a bit silly, unless we're sure that we can either finish the RP within a month, or your vacation is extremely short.

And so you know, you wouldn't be the first to postpone starting an RPG until after the summer. With my first RPG, which I posted almost exactly one year ago (and it was the only RP on the whole board with a Seal of Approval- you won't be able to find it, though), I opened sign ups before the summer, but because I was spending five weeks in Israel over the summer, I postponed it until after the summer. Then I got back and never started...then I reopened Sign Ups this Ferbruary (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=106121), and Hell, we would have started if four people didn't still owe me sign ups. So after the summer sign ups will probably open again and I can get the RP rolling over a year after it was originally posted.

So, the moral of this story is to never throw bananas as rabid Plusles...unless they're a birthday gift from PsiUmbreon. *waves at the superdupermod* Yes, today is my birthday. :O

Oh, and for the rules: you might want to add that people should follow the main RPG rules of SPPf. Explain KISS, as I'm sure not everyone understands it. Make it clear that she shouldn't GodMod, Powerplay or be an overall Twink.
Oh, and to what degree we can use our powers, how often/when, why and for what reasons? Because I don't think we should show off our powers, even to a random NPC that will never appear. You know, keeping a low profile and all.

^.~

~Psychic
*goes off to celebrate birthday*

Torkie10
16th May 2006, 10:58 PM
After the summer is over, some people will be busy with school. :/ I hope you actually come back... this one RPG I am in, the GM said we needed to stop and let her read what we had so far, because she was almost never on. And she hasn't commented in over a MONTH. -___-; Other than that, what happens to a pokemon that is turned human? Do they recieve human organs and stuff, or just the skelatal structure and skin? 0_0; That would help to explain a lot of my other questions...

Musical Mayhem
16th May 2006, 11:04 PM
I would guess that they recieve human organs and such. I'm not the kind of person to leave my RPG unattended like that *coughNeoquestIIIcough*, I worry that I've missed something important on the weekend.

Psychic
16th May 2006, 11:56 PM
The Legendaries are becoming human. Therefore, they have everything a human has- in terms of their bodies, at least. And from what I could tell, they completely changed their bodies to those of humans, (except that they chose how their hair, eyes, skin, height and weight was, etc.) so that they are no different than a human. That's why no characters have wings or tails or paws: because humans don't have those things. To have wings or a tail means having extra bones- usually hollow ones for wings and an elongated spine for a tail. Obviosly, nobody has any of those things, meaning they are completely and utterly human (appearance-wise, at least). Therefore, obviously, they will have the same bone structure, organs, nerve paths/endings and even hearts and brains as a human. They retain their personalities, thoughts, emotions and memories of their true forms, but they're just in a different body.

:O I explained things better than the GM. And it isn't even my RPG.

And it would be nice if you didn't ignore my posts, thanks. >>

~Psychic

Torkie10
17th May 2006, 12:22 AM
If they have human bodies, then, how can they have any powers at all? 0_0; That is what I was wondering. I'm sorry, Psychic, did it look as if I was ignoring your posts? ><; I didn't mean to sound like that...

.:Ultimate Shroomish:.
17th May 2006, 4:48 AM
so its starting 5/17/06 ? ijust want to be sure.

17th May 2006, 4:49 AM
sorry to double post I'm excited,so we havt to worl together as partners?

Dex
17th May 2006, 4:56 AM
If they have human bodies, then, how can they have any powers at all?

I suppose it's a "Side Effect" of sorts- Their power can't be just thrown away, a trace of their pokemon power will still remain.. I suppose.

Xtra
17th May 2006, 5:14 AM
Yay, it starts tommorow!!!!!!!!

*everybody starres*

*Sweat drop* Uh...heh...heh.

~*Nobody*~
17th May 2006, 5:40 AM
I'm not starring.... yet. *Starres* heheheehe! Any way, my inbox is open and all but I have that 65535 messages glitch so I don't know....

RaZoR LeAf
17th May 2006, 11:54 AM
Yay, it's starting soon! Anymore pointless spam and this thread will be closed!! whee!!

Musical Mayhem
17th May 2006, 9:12 PM
Ok guys, new rule: NO FREAKING SPAM! Thank you. Happy belated birthday Psychic, I wasn't ignoring your post, I didn't notice it, sorry. I was in a hurry. You're very right about the legendaries human bodies. They're still legendary, but their bodies are different. Change of plan, we can't start until next tuesday, I've got a science project due and Torkie who's my right hand gal, is gonna be busy with finals. Sorry.

~*Nobody*~
18th May 2006, 3:31 AM
Ah well, I just hope your project goes well! Any way:
I aggreed to be Inner Flame's partner, but Inner Flame hasn't posted yet. Oh well, can't wait for it to start!

~ Legendary Suicune Girl

Literate
19th May 2006, 9:19 AM
Um. *raises hand* I have several questions.

1. If we have partners, we communicate with PM right? Or would we have extremely short posts? And other things?

2. How do days pass? Do you post something like, "The Next Day?" (I'm pretty new to RPing, so I wouldn't know how much of these things work. >_< Don't kill me.)

3. Great. I just forgot what it was. Um...Since there is an overload of Light pokemon, is there going to be any Dark partners? Since there's a lot.

Sorry for troubling you. I'm pretty new to RPing. >_<

~PEACE~

Musical Mayhem
19th May 2006, 9:20 PM
to answer your questions litestars:

1. we comunicate via pm, unless your posts are extremely discriptive because we had trouble with short posts last time.
2. time will pass gradually, but to avoid confusion, i'll control the time.
3. after a certain point, lsus will no longer be accepted and i'll even out the sides with the remaining legendaries. Sound fair?

~*Nobody*~
20th May 2006, 8:11 PM
Sounds good to me. ..... You know what? I have tuesday off! I'll be able to post as soon as the thread goes up!

Musical Mayhem
22nd May 2006, 11:03 PM
All right you guys! We've started a day early! Hooray! Added rules:

1. No flaming. Flaming= hurting people mentally or their reps.
2. No short posts. I'd say keep it over 4 lines.
3. No convo without mailing the other person you are having the convo with.
4. No powers out of check. The legendaries are trying to stay undercover, they wouldn't show them off to people for the sake of it.
5. All questions and comments go in the cafe, not in the signup board or the RPG.
6. Do not make a sub plot without the GM's permission. That means PM me about it, I'll give you feedback.
7. Be realistic. Don't go crazy with I"m an Oober legendary and stuff like that. You are HUMAN! You're not an oober legendary at the moment.
8. No arguing with the GM unless the GM is not following the rules, in which case you should notify a mod if the problem persists.
9. If the GM kicks you out, do not SPAM.
10. Anyone found breaking these rules will get a strike. Three strikes, you're out, even if you are crucial to the story.
11. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid. Don't make complicated subplots or crazy relationships that don't make sense. Refer to rules 6 and 7.

Credit to my co-GM Torkie10 for the rules. Rule ten and eleven by me. Thank you.
LInk: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=3289937#post3289937

Psychic
23rd May 2006, 12:56 AM
It would be nice if you didn't constantly ignore my posts, ShyPikachu. Seriously, I'm tired of you ignoring half the things I say, especially if I'm saying things that could actually help or even save the RPG from GASP being closed because of SPAM and short posts! :O

All right you guys! We've started a day early! Hooray! Added rules:

1. No flaming.
2. No short posts.
3. No convo without mailing the other person you are having the convo with.
4. No powers out of check.
5. All questions and comments go in the cafe, not in the signup board or the RPG.
6. Do not make a sub plot without the GM's permission.
7. Be realistic.
8. No arguing with the GM unless the GM is not following the rules, in which case you should notify a mod if the problem persists.
9. If the GM kicks you out, do not SPAM.
10. Anyone found breaking these rules will get a strike. Three strikes, you're out, even if you are crucial to the story.

Credit to my co-GM Torkie10 for the rules.
LInk: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=3289937#post3289937
Because, you know, I NEVER posted ANYTHING about rules you might want to add or clarify...

Oh, and for the rules: you might want to add that people should follow the main RPG rules of SPPf. Explain KISS, as I'm sure not everyone understands it. Make it clear that we shouldn't GodMod, Powerplay or be an overall Twink.
Oops. How. Did. That. Get. There. ?

Oh, you originally mentioned KISS in your first post. And gasp you didn't mention it again! Maybe you should mention it and also explain what it means...unless you don't know and only mentioned it because you heard someone else say it. (And it would be a good idea to stick with the KISS rule in this RPG.)
You should also elaborate on half your rules because a lot of them are unclear, or have rather large loopholes.
This isn't arguing, fyi, so there is nothing against what I'm doing in your rules. :D

Oh, and to what degree we can use our powers, how often/when, why and for what reasons? Because I don't think we should show off our powers, even to a random NPC that will never appear. You know, keeping a low profile and all.

That doesn't answer my question very well. Could you please specify? >>

Also, should be RP in first person or third? The GM is supposed to set the example, and I think we should all RP in the same point of view, especially because first is very annoying because sometimes you forget who has what character that way.
Plus it’s generally easier to RP in first- that way you’re less limited and all. XP

I hope nobody minds if I recycle old posts.

~Psychic, the one who would appreciate not being ignored

Musical Mayhem
23rd May 2006, 9:52 PM
OOC: Sakura16, why the heck would someone throw away a Dratini? Those things are insanely rare, and even if one lost a battle, no trainer would be stupid enough to throw it away, or even be careless enough with it that they would be able to do something like throw it away. Maybe because the trainer is careless and a cold hearted fiend. Maybe they died or got sick and couldn't take care of it anymore. You're looking at it from the bad side, but so many things are positive.

It would be nice if you didn't constantly ignore my posts, ShyPikachu. Seriously, I'm tired of you ignoring half the things I say, especially if I'm saying things that could actually help or even save the RPG from GASP being closed because of SPAM and short posts! :O

I'm not ignoring you Psychic. I'm tired of you saying I'm ignoring you. Why are you gasping Psychic? Is that such a bad thing? Spam is.

Oh, you originally mentioned KISS in your first post. And gasp you didn't mention it again! Maybe you should mention it and also explain what it means...unless you don't know and only mentioned it because you heard someone else say it. (And it would be a good idea to stick with the KISS rule in this RPG.)
You should also elaborate on half your rules because a lot of them are unclear, or have rather large loopholes.
This isn't arguing, fyi, so there is nothing against what I'm doing in your rules.

No I really meant that. It just slipped my mind, I didn't just say it because of Lady Myuu. I know she's your friend and all, but that doesn't mean that I did it because of her. I will elaborate the rules for you. Not because I like you, because I have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyPikachu

That doesn't answer my question very well. Could you please specify? >>

You answered your own question. Figure it out.

Also, should be RP in first person or third? The GM is supposed to set the example, and I think we should all RP in the same point of view, especially because first is very annoying because sometimes you forget who has what character that way.
Plus it’s generally easier to RP in first- that way you’re less limited and all. XP

I'm leaving that up to personal preferance, just don't switch back and forth. What's wrong with easy?

~ShyPIkachu, the one who would like to GM, but can't seem to get the hang of it.

Ho-oh Master
24th May 2006, 12:11 AM
so I was wondering, where are we in the RPG?

like did anything from the lat RPG ever happen? or do we have to start all over and do kinda what we did before but a little bit better?

~*Nobody*~
24th May 2006, 1:35 AM
Problem: I don't know what to post!... Its a RPer block! ACK! A little help?

Xtra
24th May 2006, 2:49 AM
SP, you should probably free up Latios, since Searchman is banned.

Musical Mayhem
24th May 2006, 9:39 PM
Ho-Oh Master: no, nothing from the last RPG happened. You are where you said you are in your sign-up, that's why it asks for a location. ^_^.
Legendary Suicine: You could go out for a moonlight swim *random guy whistles in background* Colin! *shoves brother out of cafe with a milkshake* Or you could have a flashback, that usually gets me busy until we have something interesting.
Xtra: yeah, you're right *goes to free Latios*

Literate
26th May 2006, 8:17 AM
"The Legendaries have disappeared. Don't sugarcoat it."
So are they not tracking Suzu/Celebi? Or do you mean only the ones that are not under their control? I'm confused....:confused:

~PEACE~

Musical Mayhem
26th May 2006, 9:39 PM
well, they would be tracking the dark ones, hence the *radio* part. So they're trying to find the ones that aren't under their control.

Xtra
27th May 2006, 4:51 PM
One thing I don't understand in your version is that you were avoiding black rings, yet only worried about freezing Zapdos's island.

What are the black rings? And why would she worry about freezing the island if she needed to escape black rings?

Musical Mayhem
27th May 2006, 9:47 PM
I haven't seen that movie in forever, so I can't remember a lot of it. Sorry if my version is different then yours. People are different, way different point of views.

~*Nobody*~
27th May 2006, 9:55 PM
Thanks SP I'm going to post soon!

Xtra
27th May 2006, 10:44 PM
It just seemed weird. If there weere black rings following me andf trying to capture me, I'd worry more about getting the heck out of there, not playing a trick on a sibling.

But it's okay. it's not like it was a major part of the plot.

Psychic
28th May 2006, 9:42 PM
I figured I’d wait a bit before replying until you calmed down. I mean really; you sounded about ready to rip my throat out in your original post. Well, better you calmed down before I retort everything you say.

Maybe because the trainer is careless and a cold hearted fiend. Maybe they died or got sick and couldn't take care of it anymore.
Still, Sakura16’s post makes no sense. Let’s go ahead and say the trainer who previously owned the Dratini truly was ‘careless and a cold hearted fiend’ as you say. Especially seeing as she said that the Dratini was ‘badly beaten’ and ‘Probably was thrown away by a careless trainer after it lost a battle’ in her own words. Hmm, then I guess the trainer didn’t get sick- they were just annoyed that their Pokémon lost a battle, so they threw it away.
Now, usually when a Pokémon looses a battle it’s okay, because during a battle one person wins and the other looses. That’s the way it works, and it can’t be avoided. Now, Sakura16, a person wouldn’t be a trainer if they threw away their Pokémon because it lost a single battle, simply because the trainer wouldn’t have any Pokémon left after awhile. And you know what? If a Pokémon looses a battle, then they’re supposed to train to become better. Only a real idiot of a trainer thinks that all their Pokémon will automatically win all battles.
Now, let’s look at Dratini. Am I the only person here who knows it’s a ‘pseudo Legendary’, meaning that it’s an extremely rare Pokémon? This is one of THE rarest Pokémon in all of Kanto, not including the Legendaries themselves, and just about any trainer would DIE to have one. They’re extremely hard to find and capture. Frankly, if a trainer is going to put in so much effort to find a Pokémon, they aren’t going to get rid of it that quickly. Even if they WANTED to get rid of it for whatever reason, they could sell the Dratini for a LOT of money. Why throw Dratini away when you can still get rid of it, but make money off it?

This is why your idea is so flawed- because trainers don’t get rid of Pokémon like that, ESPECIALLY super-rare and valuable Pokémon.

OOC: Pyschic, I did that because something later on happens and the Dratini is important for that experience.
Okay, but your character still could have found Dratini another, more logical way. A way that doesn’t make your character seem like a Mary-Sue who saves a poor widdle Pokémon from a mean, terrible trainer. Boo hoo- I smell a person with a n00bish plot centering around their characters.

You're looking at it from the bad side, but so many things are positive.
What is that supposed to mean? What is this ‘positive’ side you’re talking about? I’m not being ‘negative’; I’m explaining that Sakura16 doesn’t know how to make something seem realistic. It’s called ‘telling it like it is’, you may have heard of it.

I'm not ignoring you Psychic. I'm tired of you saying I'm ignoring you.
Um, yes, you kind of were ignoring me. I’m tired of you thinking you’re not ignoring me, so there. :P
You don’t believe me? Here is proof: look at the fourth post in this thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3257551&postcount=4). Now look at the post under it- that would be Torkie10. He comments on you going away, then asks about how the Legendaries in human form. The post after this is you answering Torkie10’s questions. After reading these two posts, I realize nobody seems to have noticed any of what I said. Also, Torkie10 asks a question that the GM did a poor job answering so I post again (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3257960&postcount=7), explaining the answer in great detail. At least I was relatively acknowledged then…and somebody noticed it was my (belated) birthday. *grabs three week old confetti off the ground and throws it in the air*

Other examples of me being ignored? I posted (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3025719&postcount=50) in the old Discussion thread, warning everyone and dishing out advise. You post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3025918&postcount=51), and pretty much brush everything I say aside. And so, the SPAM and one-line posts problem stays a problem, so we get warned by a Mod.

Of course, I said multiple times that we should start getting smart with our posts before a Mod arrived. And what ultimately happened because we all ignored Psychic? A Mod closed the RPG.

Why are you gasping Psychic? Is that such a bad thing? Spam is.
What you said doesn’t really make much sense, but if you must know, I was gasping at, and I quote: ‘being closed because of SPAM and short posts! :O’ and yes, I think that the thread getting closed is a bad thing.

No I really meant that. It just slipped my mind, I didn't just say it because of Lady Myuu. I know she's your friend and all, but that doesn't mean that I did it because of her.
If you really meant it, then I don’t understand why it’s being ignored. Yes, you are ignoring KISS- just ask Zerodius. *winkwinknudgenudgeyouknow* Everything seems to slip your mind, doesn’t it? ^.~
Um, you wouldn’t even know about KISS if Myuu hadn’t mentioned it. And her being my friend has nothing to do with it- if someone, especially a Mod says something smart, it’s always best to listen to them. You shouldn’t listen to her because she’s my friend and you shouldn’t listen to me because I’m her friend- you should listen to a person because of their opinions, not who their friends are.
If you do this, then good for you- you don’t judge people based on who their friends are.

I will elaborate the rules for you. Not because I like you, because I have to.
You’re saying that you’re fixing the rules FOR me, despite not liking me. But you say you aren’t fixing them for me, but because you have to. Riiiiiight.
And anyways, you shouldn’t be fixing them for me, because I know the rules. I’ve been around here a LOT longer than you, remember? I think I know what I’m doing, and I think I’m doing it a bit better than you.[/conceited]
All I was saying is that many people can’t follow vague rules very well, and plus when you have vague rules then it’s easy to find a loophole.
And anyways, I don’t do this for me- I do this for you. It’s not my RPG- I’m just a lowly participant. Do you see any other regular participants offering advice? No? That’s because they don’t have to.

You answered your own question. Figure it out.
;.; But you’re the GM! You have to explain things to us and help us! We don’t run the RP, and we don’t always know what you’re thinking. Unless you want us to break/find loopholes in your rules; we have no problem doing that…
Just elaborate on rule number four- go into a tiny bit of detail on when to and not to use our powers. Putting a little bit of effort into it wouldn’t hurt.

I'm leaving that up to personal preferance, just don't switch back and forth. What's wrong with easy?
…*would be so much easier if we all RPed in the same point of view*

And whoops, my mistake- I meant that THIRD person is easier to RP in because it’s less limited. Think about it- if you RP in first person, you can’t say “Something snuck up behind me!’ because in real life, you can’t see something behind you, can you (I’m not talking about peripheral vision- I mean out-of-your-line-of-vision in back of you). THAT’s why third is easier- you can describe EVERYTHING going on around your character, even things they don’t notice that could be happened far away from them.
Oh, and another thing about RPing in first- if you keep saying ‘I did this, I did that’ people are going to forget who your character is. But if you say ‘Crystal did this, Crystal did that’ people are going to remember that your character is Crystal.

That’s just something you might want to keep in mind.

And Legendary Suicune Girl of Pokémon, your introductory post was really short and didn’t do a very good job introducing your character. Some good introductory posts to look at are those of Nightblazer, Zerodius and myself. Honestly, your post was a little over a hundred words. You know how many words Zerodius’ post was? Almost one thousand words. Mine? About six hundred and fifty words. The two longest posts in the whole thread so far (while the rest average out to about two/three hundred words).
Even have a look at other people’s posts, and you’ll have a better idea of how an RP post is supposed to look. >>

~Psychic, who feels like an alte kaker over here with all the newbies

Dex
29th May 2006, 12:35 AM
So are they not tracking Suzu/Celebi? Or do you mean only the ones that are not under their control? I'm confused....

All of them, But they know that Celebi is in their control at the present. I was going to mention that in another post, but I had buisness at the present time. I'm gonna make a post now.

Sakura16
29th May 2006, 3:33 AM
Hmm some how I knew you wouldn't let it go, Pyschic. Okay do you want me to explain exactly WHY I did it that way? Alright.

The reason why it was a Dratini was because it's previous owner was a Dragon master. He has many powerful Dragon Pokemon(Dragonite, Dragonair, and Salamence) and two other Dratini. Both Dratini stronger and a higher level than the one Kyra found. The Dragon Master was just too lazy to train another Dratini to become stronger. And I only said that it looked badly beaten and probably throw away. Kyra didn't know the whole story yet so she just guessed what had happened. It was actually sick and had been sent into battle while it was sick causing it to look badly beaten. The Dragon Master, who will appear later, just carelessly tossed it away knowing that he all ready had two perfectly good Dratini who could battle much better than the other one.

Please if this doesn't make any sence to you then tell me and I'll explain it some more, though I'm still getting used to the constructive critisisim.

Xtra
29th May 2006, 5:50 AM
Very good points, Psycic

Torkie10
29th May 2006, 10:10 PM
Gee, I sure hope that this one doesn't get closed. Maybe we should make Psychic the GM instead. The fic already seems out of control. I would not be surprised, nor disappointed, if it got closed right now. It looks like it is going to be going down the same path as the last one.

Literate
30th May 2006, 7:27 AM
Heya. I got another question.

Would it be better to imply what city we are in at the moment? 'Cause I should be interacting with another legendary but I don't know who is in what city. We should extend it to some point where we can tell who is in the cities, because I'm not posting until I find another person in Celadon. >.>

Thanks you for reading.... I'm confused. o.o

~PEACE~

Musical Mayhem
30th May 2006, 9:25 PM
If you really meant it, then I don’t understand why it’s being ignored. Yes, you are ignoring KISS- just ask Zerodius. *winkwinknudgenudgeyouknow* Everything seems to slip your mind, doesn’t it? ^.~
Um, you wouldn’t even know about KISS if Myuu hadn’t mentioned it. And her being my friend has nothing to do with it- if someone, especially a Mod says something smart, it’s always best to listen to them. You shouldn’t listen to her because she’s my friend and you shouldn’t listen to me because I’m her friend- you should listen to a person because of their opinions, not who their friends are.
If you do this, then good for you- you don’t judge people based on who their friends are.

I learned about KISS in fifth grade when we were writing naratives thank you very much. I'm getting this closed. I'm tired of people nagging on me and making fun of me and spoiling it for the "newbs" who want to have fun. *pms lady myuu about said closing*

Lady Myuu
30th May 2006, 11:24 PM
From what I read, you werent being very responsible or thinknig this out much. They were not nagging you, they just wanted to know what was going on. You have to take questions like that as a gm.

If you really want to close this, I will. But I really think you need to think about it a bit more, they just wanted more explanation and realism to the rpg.

Shypikachu, think about it a bit more before being so rash.

31st May 2006, 3:01 AM
I'm banned!?!??!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!why????and if it's becouse I never posted in the RPG,its becouse you kept changing the date it started.

Ho-oh Master
31st May 2006, 3:21 AM
first I'm very sorry for not posting in the RPG, I forgot about it and I hear from torkie that the RPG is going to be closed and I havn't even read anything about it let alone post. what is happening?

~*Nobody*~
31st May 2006, 3:30 AM
And Legendary Suicune Girl of Pokémon, your introductory post was really short and didn’t do a very good job introducing your character. Some good introductory posts to look at are those of Nightblazer, Zerodius and myself. Honestly, your post was a little over a hundred words. You know how many words Zerodius’ post was? Almost one thousand words. Mine? About six hundred and fifty words. The two longest posts in the whole thread so far (while the rest average out to about two/three hundred words).
Even have a look at other people’s posts, and you’ll have a better idea of how an RP post is supposed to look. >>

I was going through a writers block! And I still am. I agree with Torkie10, I wouldn't be very dissipointed if it closed.

Xtra
31st May 2006, 6:21 PM
I just want to say that my computer went plooie, so I'm stuck with library computers. Assuming it doesn't get locked, I will try to do as much as I can with the RP, but no promises.

And Searchman, you seemed to be banned from the Forums. We didn't know how long the ban was, so that's why we freed up Latios

Musical Mayhem
31st May 2006, 9:22 PM
I know they're not nagging me! God! I"m going to die! I swear. *takes deep breathes* I didn't think it out enough I know, but I'm just grrr, right now. I'm not gonna be disappointed if you close the RPG, I'll be happy. The first one was doing okay until I got grounded and then it went all crazy. This one didn't even start out well. It's just gettting worse. So goodnight and goodbye. Gar. OH yes one more thing...

Of course, I said multiple times that we should start getting smart with our posts before a Mod arrived. And what ultimately happened because we all ignored Psychic? A Mod closed the RPG.
It's not because we ignored you, it's because of various things. Like I got grounded, Zerodious got complicated and other people were making short posts. That's just the way it is. I know I'm the GM, but that doesn't mean all fault should automaticly fall on me and make you the hero. There. I said it. Grr.

EDIT: on second thought, don't close it. I'm making Psychic the GM and I quit. Thank you. Psychic you can take the wheel and I quit. There. Have your fun.

Psychic
31st May 2006, 10:23 PM
Hoo boy I have some replying to do. >>

Sarkura16: @_@ And yet, this Dragon Master still could have sold the Dratini for a helluva lot of money, despite being sick and having lost one whole battle. Selling the Dratini would be like selling a pair of John Lennon’s socks on e-Bay.

Xtra: Um, thanks, but the name is Psychic; P-S-Y-C-H-I-C. If you don’t know how to spell it, check out a PokéDex and see what type Mew is. Or just look at the name I put at the end of each of my posts. >>

Gee, I sure hope that this one doesn't get closed. Maybe we should make Psychic the GM instead. The fic already seems out of control. I would not be surprised, nor disappointed, if it got closed right now. It looks like it is going to be going down the same path as the last one.
Torkie10: this wouldn’t have gotten closed. Contrary to what some of you guys think, the RPG (note that this isn’t a piece of fanfiction) started off fine, and it is nowhere near out of control. It was not and is not going down the same path as the old one, and this doesn’t need to be closed.

I learned about KISS in fifth grade when we were writing naratives thank you very much. I'm getting this closed. I'm tired of people nagging on me and making fun of me and spoiling it for the "newbs" who want to have fun. *pms lady myuu about said closing*
Okay, but just because you know what KISS is, doesn’t mean everyone else does.
You do not need to get this closed for any reason, and nobody I nagging you; there is nothing wrong with me asking questions because as GM, you should be answering them. I am not making fun of you, nor am I doing anything to spoil the RPG for the newbies, and if I was I didn’t know and I apologize.

I know they're not nagging me! God! I"m going to die! I swear. *takes deep breathes* I didn't think it out enough I know, but I'm just grrr, right now. I'm not gonna be disappointed if you close the RPG, I'll be happy. The first one was doing okay until I got grounded and then it went all crazy. This one didn't even start out well. It's just gettting worse. So goodnight and goodbye. Gar. OH yes one more thing...
“I know they’re not nagging me!” “I'm tired of people nagging on me”

Like ShyPikachu, Torkie10 and Legendary Suicune Girl of Pokémon, I don’t really care if this gets closed because frankly, this isn’t the most important thing in my life.
This one DID start out well, and you know why, Shy? Because you learned from the last one- you gained experienced and learned how to be a better GM! You improved the RPG, made sure people followed the rules better and even your general RPing skills have gotten better! This is what happens when you ‘live and learn’, when you accept what other people have to say and use their advise to make yourself better.

It's not because we ignored you, it's because of various things. Like I got grounded, Zerodious got complicated and other people were making short posts. That's just the way it is. I know I'm the GM, but that doesn't mean all fault should automaticly fall on me and make you the hero. There. I said it. Grr.
No, it isn’t because you ignored me, but the fact that what I said wasn’t always heeded did not help in the end, did it? No, it doesn’t help that you got grounded or that Zerodius threw KISS out the window or that everyone was breaking the one-liner rule, but in the end it all added up, and the sum was not pretty.
Nobody is blaming everything on you; people should be responsible for themselves, that’s a given, and you shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions. But when someone breaks a rule in your RPG, it’s your job to show them what they’re doing is wrong so they won't do it again.
I am no hero, and don’t want to be thought of as such. I’m not blameless for everything that happened here, but I can’t be blamed for everything that has happened. Nothing that happens here can make me a ‘hero’, even if you were to be held responsible for any wrongdoings of mine. Nobody is perfect- I know you are not, and I am certainly nowhere near it.

EDIT: on second thought, don't close it. I'm making Psychic the GM and I quit. Thank you. Psychic you can take the wheel and I quit. There. Have your fun.
Please, ShyPikachu, I know you are upset, but do not dump this on me. I do not want to GM an RPG at the moment, least of all one that isn’t mine. Even if my exams weren’t coming up, I don’t want this- I never did, and I never will. I can not take over this RPG. If you don’t want to do this, give the torch to your co-GM, of all people. If you really want to lay this on me, I will do nothing short of getting it closed by a Mod. You started this, and you can either finish it like a proper RP or end it now. I will not assume responsibility for something I did not start.

Again, though this is not something that means a lot to me, I do not want to spoil this for other people. I hope you will reconsider this rash decision, and give yourself time to think it over.
If you would prefer, I could leave the RPG and give my character to Zerodius. (He is only banned for the week, so don’t kick him out just yet.)

~Psychic

Lady Myuu
31st May 2006, 10:35 PM
Shypikachu, wtf.

Shypikachu, your learning but you are still acting rather immature when something doesn't go your way. As GM you should answer the questions respectfully, look at things from all points of view and well. You need to grow up.

I'm closing this as the rpg is closed. DO not complain to Shypikachu about it. DO not complain to Psychic.

This is over with.