PDA

View Full Version : SSBM - Funny Stamina Deaths

SecretMew
17th May 2006, 8:57 PM
We decided to play SSBM some days ago, and we got an idea to cap some stamina matches with random characters. We gathered the funniest deaths of the matches and I decided to edit a video of them, together with Lefusel's help... We are using random characters because then the winner is more randomized and the fights get funnier :D. Comment if possible, I decided to put the vids to a same thread because I don't like spamming.

Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (The First one). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQHdcYOCx4s)

Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 2). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4RVLChCAro)

Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 3), "including other funny happenings too" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYcGqqp99JA)

Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnnAar36kFU)

Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 5) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ZvU1JmZAM)

NEW! Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 6) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpcBKDh5Whc)

Caius
17th May 2006, 10:55 PM
Heh, 'nother masterpiece-ish video!

Jerichi
17th May 2006, 11:17 PM
I must say, those are quite amusing. It makes me wanna play Melee again...

trouble440
18th May 2006, 12:00 AM
Those cracked me up!

The Organizer
18th May 2006, 12:16 AM
Wow you sure are makeing alot of these, but im starting to get interested in them, keep em coming lol.

Xylitol
21st May 2006, 12:29 PM
I've played super smash bros only once, so I didn't get all of them. But some were really funny! "The return of emochu!" xD

Fleeka
21st May 2006, 2:39 PM
How do you record these?
and try the black hole glitch. It Roxxors but you need 3-4 people (easier with 4)

SecretMew
23rd May 2006, 7:07 AM
How do you record these?
and try the black hole glitch. It Roxxors but you need 3-4 people (easier with 4)
Using a vhs to dvd cable. It can record videos to computer, I just put the cable to the red, white and yellow video cables what GC uses to that USB cable and cap them with Virtualdub. It isn't possible with the 60Hz GCN video cable though. That's probably why I can't record them with 60Hz.

SupremeBlisseyFan
25th May 2006, 10:13 PM
Funny as heck. Make More!

shadowofdreams
31st May 2006, 4:50 PM
they are funny but i can't get part 3 to load!

Auraninja
31st May 2006, 5:02 PM
I think you improved a lot from the third video.

I like the first two, but I think the third one was just hilarious.

shadowofdreams
5th June 2006, 3:44 PM
it finnaly works and i love it. are you gonna do more?

SecretMew
5th June 2006, 5:30 PM
it finnaly works and i love it. are you gonna do more?
Yes I am. But we are currently trying to get a better cable to improve quality and trying to make 60Hz mode possible.

SUPER BLASTOISE
5th June 2006, 5:49 PM
I must say, those are quite amusing. It makes me wanna play Melee again...
me too ^__^

The Golden nintendo fan
6th June 2006, 2:49 PM
HeHe These are funny! Im looking forward to the fourth one!

VoLTeR
6th June 2006, 6:25 PM
xD nice work.

One question:

How do you unlock that Happy Stage (The one with the swaying heart in the centre)?

I thought I had everything...

And some criticism!: Sometimes the captions stay too long and overlap onto the next death/section/part/whatever.

Dimentio
6th June 2006, 11:03 PM
How do you unlock that Happy Stage (The one with the swaying heart in the centre)?

That's Yoshi's Island, an old stage from SSB number 1. You get it by hitting the sandbag a total of [insert real big number here] ft. I forgot how many though!

I liked these, If you plan on making another, I'll watch it.

~fuzzy out~

Prominn
7th June 2006, 2:48 AM
xD nice work.

One question:

Ah-ha! Smash Bros Uber Fanatic to the rescue.
In the Sandbag Hit, choose Yoshi. Grab the bat, then just lightly tap X or Y to jump a bit, and then press Down and A, so he rapidly kicks downwards. You can get a lot of damage onto the bag like this, then SMASH IT.
Same with Fox, but you use his blaster instead.

It's 1232 or 1323 feet.

Chaotic Houndoom
7th June 2006, 2:49 AM
Rotfl its when everyone gets killed. XD

mo_money
7th June 2006, 4:17 AM
lol, the ssbm version of 6/6/6.

SecretMew
7th June 2006, 3:29 PM
The next part is here!
Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnnAar36kFU)

shadowofdreams
7th June 2006, 4:08 PM
part 4 was awesome but had about the same quality as the others.

SecretMew
7th June 2006, 5:11 PM
part 4 was awesome but had about the same quality as the others.
True... If we could only record RGB-video...

And some criticism!: Sometimes the captions stay too long and overlap onto the next death/section/part/whatever. I just let them be long enough so even slower readers could read them. I'm quite fast reader myself, but I don't want to put them too fast because I don't want that the viewers of the vids need to pause a lot. But maybe I should improve the comment speed.

meta-master
17th June 2006, 3:45 AM
HaHaHa! the last two make me really want to get this game soon :)

SecretMew
18th June 2006, 8:40 AM
HaHaHa! the last two make me really want to get this game soon :)
That's nice :D. At first I played the game with LeFu's home, when I didn't have GC. Well anyways, the fifth parth is coming quite soon, and it has got some more funny scenes and it'll have quite different funny part, you may watch it then when it's ready.

meta-master
18th June 2006, 7:50 PM
I hope to get it for my birthday, and thats less than a week away :D

SecretMew
18th June 2006, 9:23 PM
The fifth part has arrived.
Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 5) "Has a secret surprise on the middle of the movie!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ZvU1JmZAM)
Remember. If you're going to say your opinions about the surprise, use the spoil tag by then.

meta-master
19th June 2006, 6:16 PM
that was good but the fourth one was better.

Frozendragon
21st June 2006, 10:14 AM
They are really funny. Pichu has an heart attck lol. How did you get the N64 past stages of kirby and yoshi?

SecretMew
21st June 2006, 3:47 PM
They are really funny. Pichu has an heart attck lol. How did you get the N64 past stages of kirby and yoshi?
You must hit about 500m in the Home run contest. I dunno about the feets though, I think someone asked the same thing at the first page of this thread.

Medly
21st June 2006, 8:53 PM
I have only one thing to say:XD

Neopolis
28th June 2006, 5:56 PM
Awesome. I loved the part where Ness hit everyone with a baseball bat and the homerun sound played, made me laugh out loud XD And poor Pichu for getting a heart attack so often.

What's up with calling Luigi Zorro though?

shadowofdreams
28th June 2006, 7:48 PM
they call him zorro because he keeps on killing everybody:D

meta-master
28th June 2006, 7:53 PM
who's zorro?

Medly
17th July 2006, 4:05 AM
Sorry, I perfer the oringeals

Blaperile
15th October 2006, 7:09 PM
It's fun to play Super Smash Bros. Melee. Only the Yoshi HomeRun Contest and the event Space Travelers are difficult.

Wild Cherry
17th October 2006, 8:18 AM
Haha, thats genuis! Calling Luigi Zorro.

You have quite a talent in doing this! I enjoyed everyone of them.

SecretMew
21st October 2006, 7:14 PM
Now we made the sixth part because we haven't been making them for a while, enjoy :P.
Funny Stamina Mode Deaths (Part 6) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpcBKDh5Whc)

Orange Dementia
21st October 2006, 9:21 PM
I...don't get it?

All I see is a normal SSBM match, on Stamina mode?

SecretMew
22nd October 2006, 7:40 AM
I...don't get it?

All I see is a normal SSBM match, on Stamina mode?
Keep attention to the characters deaths how they happen, because if you try to look them all you can't maybe notice anything. Pausing is recommended if you are slow at viewing things. And remember to read the comments to get what is funny too.

Orange Dementia
25th October 2006, 9:07 AM
Keep attention to the characters deaths how they happen, because if you try to look them all you can't maybe notice anything. Pausing is recommended if you are slow at viewing things. And remember to read the comments to get what is funny too.

Aha, I see now.

Very, very, very funny.

One of them...number 3 I think made me laugh out loud.

parasectdude
25th October 2006, 12:19 PM
I watched these a long time ago, and I never knew you made them! I love them, but I can't remember most of the good bits. All I remember is the recurring Zorro theme. I definitely remember something in the third one make me laugh out loud too. I think I'll watch them again now.

Just watched number six. Best bits were 'Dumb monkey', 'Goodbye cruel world' (by a long shot), the torture machine and 'Legs of Fury'.

SapphireWonder
26th October 2006, 1:39 AM
I wonder if it was from SuperSmashBros.Melee or SuperSmashBros.Brawl?
MAN!ALL OF THEM ARE FUNNY!

SecretMew
26th October 2006, 11:43 AM
I wonder if it was from SuperSmashBros.Melee or SuperSmashBros.Brawl?
MAN!ALL OF THEM ARE FUNNY!
They were from Melee. But probably when I'm getting Brawl there will be new generation stamina mode deaths, I wonder about if it even has got that mode though.