PDA

View Full Version : Grating Spaces! (453)

Serebii
18th May 2006, 6:44 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/453.jpgBrock & Ash! Defend Pewter Gym in Tag Battle!

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & Co. stop in to Pewter Gym to see Brock's Family. When they get there Brock gets two suprises, his Onix has evolved into a Steelix and the gym has pretty much been vandalised on the inside due to lack of care for the gym. However when he's trying to fix it, Team Rocket come in disguise with strong Pokémon delivered by Delibird in order to try and capture the gym, Charizard & Aggron. Will Ash & Brock be able to defend the gym?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/453.shtml)

Discuss

CyberCubed
18th May 2006, 6:54 PM
Delibird returns? O_o

We haven't seen that thing since Johto!

Gravy
18th May 2006, 7:01 PM
The news of Delibird returning brought a huge smile to my face. I was anticipating this episode enough as it is, but that slice of news made my day.

Serebii
18th May 2006, 7:01 PM
For the record...the Pokemon Delibird delivered weremeant for Butch & Cassidy

Missingno. Master
18th May 2006, 7:47 PM
TR get Charizard and Aggron?! Unexpected.

Does Brock take back any of his Pokemon? Geodude? Steelix? Crobat? Ludicolo?

skarmachild
18th May 2006, 8:20 PM
Capture the gym!?

James: "Go - Pokeball!"

Imagine the gym getting captured in animation.

Edit: Ruh-oh, I predict May uses her technologically advanced Squirtle to save the day.

Darkstorm16
18th May 2006, 8:21 PM
wow this one is going to be good.

skarmachild
18th May 2006, 8:24 PM
wow this one is going to be good.

How did you work that one out?

jolteonjak
18th May 2006, 8:33 PM
EXCELLENT! Its not Ash's Charizard!

skarmachild
18th May 2006, 8:39 PM
Too bad Aggron + Charizard will blast away somewhere else away from TR. Team Rocket with Aggron + Charizard would be MASSIVE DAMAGE

ChaosMage
18th May 2006, 8:47 PM
Delibird=love

Is it confirmed whether or not Steelix is Brock's old buddy Onix?

Magical Leaf
18th May 2006, 8:53 PM
When they get there Brock gets two suprises, his Onix has evolved into a Steelix and the gym has pretty much been vandalised on the inside due to lack of care for the gym.
Does that answer your question?
Really, it saddens me that Onix was the one to evolve, he was a good battler as he was. Geodude, however, was in need of a boost. Seems he'll always be a lovable lump...

Anyway, Delibird was unexpected. To be honest I never saw the anime when Delibird was in it (I stopped watching halfway through the orange islands, and started again a few episodes into the BF), but i'm still strangely excited to see him, after all i've heard.

skarmachild
18th May 2006, 9:06 PM
Anyway, Delibird was unexpected. To be honest I never saw the anime when Delibird was in it (I stopped watching halfway through the orange islands, and started again a few episodes into the BF), but i'm still strangely excited to see him, after all i've heard.

^ Applies to me too.

Eddieursa
18th May 2006, 10:52 PM
I think at least Steelix and Crobat could return to Brock's team. Didn't you notice it?, the Pokemon teams of our heros are "mimicking" the ones of their rivals in the Hoenn League. Check this:

+ Ash and Tyson are having a very similar team: Both of them have a Sceptile and a Donphan. "The Meowth in boots" of Tyson is a perfect equivalent to Ash's Pikachu. And if Corphish would evolve, Crawdaunt could be the equivalent in Ash's team of Tyson's Shiftry (the both are powerful Dark Types Pokemon).

+ Now Brock's team is very similar to Morisson's team: Both of them have a Steelix now. If Brock's Marshtomp evolve, both would also have a Swampert. Brock's Forretress could be the equivalent to Morisson's Metang (both look like each other and are Steel Type). And finally, you won't deny me that Crobat (Brock) and Gligar (Morisson) look like each other a lot.

Geodude and Ludicolo don't think so, but I would bet for Steelix and Crobat to return to Brock's team. Anybody could confirm it?.

JazzJazz
18th May 2006, 10:58 PM
Team Rocket with Aggron + Charizard would be MASSIVE DAMAGE

For their debut episode, yes, but it wouldn't be long before they become as useless (for lack of a better word) as the rest of Team Rocket's pokemon.

CyberCubed
18th May 2006, 11:01 PM
It would be swell if we get some confirmation on who the Gym leader will be in this episode. If Forest is still the Gym leader than why is Brock defending the Gym?

Hopefully he isn't so Brock can get the hell out of the show after this saga ends. I'd rather the writers not run him into the ground anymore than he has been since AG began.

Thriller
18th May 2006, 11:03 PM
Aggron and Charizard will be gone by the next 5 minutes of the episodes end off Camera D:

Do you people really expect TR to keep them? Giovanni will just take them away once he hears about this.

Delibird returning seems awesome. Hey, did Brock take Steelix back since its not a Rock type anymore?

Heracross
18th May 2006, 11:07 PM
Well now, Delibird surely is a pleasant surprise. Funny how they can have continuity from Jouto, but not the region they're actually in.

Alfonso
18th May 2006, 11:26 PM
If I recall, Brock didn't give Forest the Gym Leadership. I think it was confirmed by Murg that that was a mistranslation and that the Gym Leadership was given to Flint and Lola.

Kabuto
18th May 2006, 11:41 PM
I'm shocked. They are actually referring back to Delibird! I'm fianlly starting to see some Team Rocket continuity (first Cassidy and Butch and now this). Maybe they are leading up to a final confrontation with Giovanni (once again I get my hopes up way too high)

wobbanut
18th May 2006, 11:51 PM
Delibird!!! :D I've missed that plump little bird. I'm glad they brought it back for at least an episode.

skarmachild
19th May 2006, 12:29 AM
Doesn't this episode air on the 18th? It's the 19th of May where I live =/

How long till this episode airs in Japan?

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th May 2006, 12:31 AM
It aired already, but it usually is like a half a day or so before pics.

skarmachild
19th May 2006, 12:35 AM
Ah okay, just waiting for Pocketmonsters.net to update really.

Mimori Kiryu
19th May 2006, 12:42 AM
Interesting episode. I'm excited to see Delibird back in action. When it was on back in Johto, it was such a cute thing. I'm really excited. ^_^ I do like it that Onix is a Steelix, that's a good thing for Brock. It seems his pokemon always get the short end of the stick. >>;

TheTurquoiseTauros!
19th May 2006, 12:44 AM
^Your right about about that! Boy will it be great to see delibird!

skarmachild
19th May 2006, 12:49 AM
^Your right about about that! Boy will it be great to see delibird!

God, all you do is post spam.

Ironic posting ftw.

Thriller
19th May 2006, 1:50 AM
That wasn't spam...

You people are acting like Delibird has a major role in this ep. It will probably only have a 2 minute scene.

DreamFiend_633
19th May 2006, 1:52 AM
So? What happened if you all have seen it?

TheTurquoiseTauros!
19th May 2006, 1:57 AM
That wasn't spam...

You people are acting like Delibird has a major role in this ep. It will probably only have a 2 minute scene.

Thank you!! It would suck if it only had like a couple minuets and I really didnt like the fact that onix evolved.......I love onix and now I miss him but maybe steelix travels with brock now!

Serebii
19th May 2006, 1:57 AM
People...please dont post if you dont know anything about the episode...thats what the speculation thread is for and why we keep it open til pics are up

kyle_andrew
19th May 2006, 2:07 AM
I think the episode will be quite interesting. Good see one of Brocks oldest pokemon has finally evolved i would love for him to take one away with him give them a little more spotlight but i dunno need to wait and see. Should be good seeing Ash and Brock working together in battle against an aggron and charizard!. Also at the fact Jessie and James will be using both these sper strong pokemon to fight

DreamFiend_633
19th May 2006, 2:14 AM
People...please dont post if you dont know anything about the episode...thats what the speculation thread is for and why we keep it open til pics are up
I'm sorry.

HoennMaster
19th May 2006, 2:22 AM
Okay, glad Delibird came back, I hope he took some of his pokemon (like Crobat, Ludicolo, and Steelix) back

Flamez
19th May 2006, 2:31 AM
Didn't you people just read what serebii wrote.lol.

Anyways i went to pokeani and from my stupid translation i picked well pretty much what we already know. Donphan and steelix vs. charizard and aargon. And i belive both pokemon return to where they came from. They also mentioned ludicolo, we'll be seeing it not sure for how long but at least a glimpse im sure. Damn its times like this that i wish i know japanese as much as i know spanish and english.

HoennMaster
19th May 2006, 3:30 AM
I just said I hope, that's not speculation

Kabuto
19th May 2006, 3:31 AM
Actually it is because it contributes nothing to what the episode was actually about.

HoennMaster
19th May 2006, 3:56 AM
Oh well, anyways, I am surprised at Delibrid appearing. Plus, Team Rocket controlling a Charizard again? Unoriginal to me

skarmachild
19th May 2006, 11:02 AM
Okay, glad Delibird came back, I hope he took some of his pokemon (like Crobat, Ludicolo, and Steelix) back

Brock takes none of his Pokémon back.

FireHead Hank
19th May 2006, 3:24 PM
seen the pics...
The doublebattle with Steelix&Donphan with TR is just awesome.... but why didnt Brock took one of his old Pokemon(Steelix!!) with him? Steelix would be so cool on his team...
I dont get why the Golem is as happy as the other Pokemon (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/NinJa-StyLe/107.jpg)to see Brock, it's not HIS Pokemon, it's his fathers...I mean Brock hasnt any relation to it..

GreenKirby
19th May 2006, 6:03 PM
Very Meidocre Episode:

Brock yells too much at his parents
They humiliated Charizard AGAIN! (I can see the Geodude puching Charizard pic in sigs everywhere)

It's a good thing Delibird took back the pokemon, because Jessie shouldn't use Charizards for the rest of her life.

Torkoal Stu
19th May 2006, 6:34 PM
Pictures, seen, review:

* Gym painted again, same Brock reaction. LOL!

* Giovanna in Swim-shorts...no comment.

* Flint and Lola took Ludicolo, the writers were just looking for a way to give that thing no screen time right?

* Nice battling, but Domphan does seem to be the weakest in Ash's team.

* Max finds out TR again? wtf?

* Was Forrest using Brock's Geodude? Or his own?

This makes me wonder if Brock will leave soon.

FireHead Hank
19th May 2006, 6:47 PM
* Was Forrest using Brock's Geodude? Or his own?

It's Brocks.

-We know that he hadnt have any pokemon, that's why Brock gave Forrest his Geodude/Crobat/Onix.

-When Ash and Brock start the battle, Brocks "old" pokemon are all in their Pokeballs. (that's the reason why Forrest releases Geodude out of its Pokeball)

-When Brock leaves, all the Pokemon say goodbey and if there would be another Geodude, it would also been there.

Torkoal Stu
19th May 2006, 6:50 PM
-We know that he hadnt have any pokemon, that's why Brock gave Forrest his Geodude/Crobat/Onix.
He didn't give them, he lent them, they still belong to Brock in a sense. Forrest is just using them for the gym, they don't belong to Forrest, they belong to Brock. Forrest just is like lending them from him.

Or thats what I heard the Japanese version of the special said.

thunder pichu
19th May 2006, 8:27 PM
i can't come to think of it brock's onix has evole in to steeix and ash pokemon not that abot it form anthony the gym of waterloo ontairo canada bye;136;

CyberCubed
19th May 2006, 8:35 PM
So uh, who's the Gym leader of the Pewter Gym again? I still haven't figured it out.

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th May 2006, 8:40 PM
http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag176/036.jpg

Explain why Manene is with Ludicolo?

Torkoal Stu
19th May 2006, 8:42 PM
http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag176/036.jpg

Explain why Manene is with Ludicolo?
Jessie and James are there with Flint and Lola is disguise.

Seriously they are.

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th May 2006, 8:48 PM
Yeah, I shouldv'e looked at all the pictures first before posting.

Anyway, Delibird looks sweet in the new animation style. I hope we see it some more, cause Jessie and James using other Pokemon is cool.

The Big Al
19th May 2006, 9:12 PM
J&J can't even use power well trained Pokemon to win. But the part where Charizard and Aggron got p*ssed at one another was priceless.

Nothing too special except Onix is now a Steelix.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
19th May 2006, 9:33 PM
Well this was an excellent epeisode for me. Not only did I see some of my favourite Pokemon like Crobat and Charizard, but BROCK STAYS WITH THE GROUP!

Hahaha, Brock the gangster rock ain't leaving yet and that makes me glad. I find it funny that the Charizard and Aggron were meant for Butch and Cassidy. Steelix looked pretty cool when fighting with Charizard. I'm going to have to save some screenshots of them fighting.

Overall it was an awsome episode. Long live Brock!

ghost master
19th May 2006, 10:16 PM
So uh, who's the Gym leader of the Pewter Gym again? I still haven't figured it out. Forrest is supposed to be but it seems like Flint and Lola still do whatever they want with it since forest is still kinda young and probally doesnt fight back. Isnt the Golem Forest's? Not Brock's and it should be added to the bio on serebii since it isnt there yet.

Very Meidocre Episode:

Brock yells too much at his parents
They humiliated Charizard AGAIN! (I can the Geodude puching Charizard pic in sigs everywhere) It was a pretty good episode I thought. I'd yell at my parents if they kept on trashing the gym that I worked hard on and had a good reputation until they took over. Also what do you mean again on Charizard the thing almost always gets good spotlight and does good things. last time we saw one it beat an Articuno.

Flamez
19th May 2006, 10:39 PM
Seen the episode and what ghost master said is true charizard doesnt get humiliated. They showed both ash and brock trying to take it out first dealing damage to it since they show charizard as a very powerful pokemon. Ludicolo seems to be brock's parents luggage carrier,lol. Steelix was great, they definetly showed it with more power, got hit a few times but kept on battling, really impressive.
Heres a break down of attacks that ash and brock used:
Donphan hit Charizard with 2 Take downs and a Roll Out attack.
Steelix hit charizard with an iron tail and dragonbreath.
Donphan hit Aagron with a roll out attack. And Steelix hit Aagron with Iron Tail.
Geodude uses sandstorm and hits Charizard with a Mega punch. Charizard falls down but we never really see what happens to them cuz ash orders pikachu and donphan to attack and so does brock and his brother sending them blasting off. A good episode overall, i was hoping it would be better with a definite winner but we couldn't see that. I'd say a 8/10.

JazzJazz
19th May 2006, 10:51 PM
I dont get why the Golem is as happy as the other Pokemon (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/NinJa-StyLe/107.jpg)to see Brock, it's not HIS Pokemon, it's his fathers...I mean Brock hasnt any relation to it..

It's probably heard stories about Brock from the trainers in the gym and, if not, I'm sure that Brock's pokemon themselves (i.e. geodude & steelix) would've communicated to golem how good their "true" trainer is.

Alfonso
20th May 2006, 12:22 AM
Forrest is supposed to be but it seems like Flint and Lola still do whatever they want with it since forest is still kinda young and probally doesnt fight back. Isnt the Golem Forest's? Not Brock's and it should be added to the bio on serebii since it isnt there yet.

No, I'm pretty such Lola and Flint are the Leaders and that the whole Forrest as Gym Leader was a mistranslation. Either Murg or Dogasu brought this up a while back I believe, hence the confusion and hence the current situation.

Going from the episode and the possibility of a mistranslation, Lola and Flint are most likely the people Brock put in charge.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
20th May 2006, 12:26 AM
I actually like the idea of the gym becoming a rock/water gym....if that is what happens.

Geodude
20th May 2006, 12:34 AM
Well the gym was decorated again like it was when Lola tried to turn it into a Water gym, and Golem was there when Brock put a stop to that. So my guess is Golem knew that Brock would be able to set things right again, since in the gym's current state, it was hardly a proud gym for tough Rock-types to live in. So the Rock-types and Brock's other Pokemon were probably happy for two reasons: to see him again, and that seeing him meant a return to normalcy.

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th May 2006, 12:43 AM
We don't know if Brock ever interacted with Golem when he was a kid, so Golem may know of him from childhood.

Geodude
20th May 2006, 12:52 AM
Heh, for all we know his Geodude could be the offspring of his father's Golem.

JONNO.FRESH
20th May 2006, 12:56 AM
I cant wait for this ep to be shown here. Steelix and Donphan look great and delibirds return was awesome

Gravy
20th May 2006, 1:00 AM
Not sure if I'm the only one who noticed, but it seems Ikue Otani has taken back her role as Manene~

I disagree with the earlier comment suggesting that this was a mediocre episode. The animation was excellent for the most part, the battle was really enjoyable, and there were some pretty funny scenes scattered throughout.

Needless to say, I really got a lot out of this ep. It gave Brock some much-needed time to shine, delving into the aspects of his character that usually tend to lie dormant during the series. You have to love it when he wigs out over his folks' total lack of parenting skills, before reverting back to the level-headed housewife he really is.
Not to mention another chance to see how his mind works in a pokémon battle. He had some pretty interesting support strategy going on, what with launching Donphan into the air and blocking attacks with the debris from Iron Tail. It's times like this that I look at the poor schmuck and wonder just what, exactly, he did to deserve being a prop during Ash's Houen trek. Episodes like this certainly show that he hasn't quite crossed the border and landed himself in Hum-Drum.
And hey, Brock's Steelix didn't have the usual generic Haganail voice that's usually pasted onto the species. It still had a hint of the ol' Onix in there somewhere, and that was pleasently surprising.
And that Aggron's voice was fecking awesome. In-game cries are better? Hahaha, it is to laugh.

Battle itself was great. As I said earlier, there was some beautiful animation going on here, with a real sense of power behind each attack and some nice movement. Brock and Ash showing what they're best at is always good in my book, especially when a fighter like Donphan manages to get into the fray and take some names.
Team Rocket also performed well, though Jessie suffering from the brunt of the opposition's assualt was inevitable. Though I must say, I may not be a mjor Charizard hater, but hot damn. The fact that Charizard seemed to be on the recieving end of the majority of painful looking attacks was absolutely hillarious. And quite refreshing infact :p

Overall, there's very little I can say about this episode in a negative light...but I'll try ;)
Only complaints I have are;
- The lack of Crobat doing anything worthwhile.
- Mizuho only had about 2 minutes of screentime. I feel like I've been robbed.
- That forced inclusion of Pikachu during the blast-off scene. Just what was the point?
-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/zardowned.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/zerd.jpg
I TOTALLY CALLED THAT ONE.
Sort of.

Blazken
20th May 2006, 1:32 AM
good battle

Is it just me or Is this Charizard Oversize he look the same size as Aggron

Geodude
20th May 2006, 1:45 AM
That doesn't matter. Different Pokemon can obviously be different sizes, within a reasonable range of course.

This episode also marks the first time that ALL of Brock's siblings had at least one speaking line, and time to say it individually.

And he named them all off, too (http://www.geoscreens.com/brock/ag176familynames.wav). Cool.

And I THINK (someone'll have to confirm this) that Flint/Lola were actually NOT responsible for the gym decorations this time around. When the disguised TR showed up, the kids knew who they were (well, who they were supposed to be disguised as, anyway), so I kinda got the impression that TR did the "re-designing"...especially considering their reactions to what the kids were telling Brock.

CyberCubed
20th May 2006, 5:33 AM
The only bad thing about this episode was giving Jessie a Charizard. Out of ALL the fire types in the world, they have to give her one of the most overused fire-types in the series. They had choices like Ninetails, Flareon, Magmar, Rapidash, Typlosion, etc. yet they keep re-using the same damn Pokemon over and over again.

Plus we just had the Charizard in the Hoenn league plus Ash's Charizard in the start of the BF, did we really need to see another one?

It's really disgusting that some of the lesser-seen fire types are always shafted for the same Pokemon over and over again. When the hell will we see Ninetails/Rapidash/Magmar/Typlosion in a decent battle again?

Anyway, I am convinced that Brock's parents are insane. Brock had every right to yell at them at the end, it was pretty funny too. They're really pathetic parents too. How many times have they abandoned their kids now? The fact that they were heading off to vacation leaving their 10 children home alone (and two of them are like 4 years old for goodness sakes!) is really nerve wrecking.

The ending gives the vibe that Flint/Lola learned their lesson, but who wants to bet they're going to go AWOL next time we see a reference to the Pewter Gym again?

All the more reason for Brock to stay there and reclaim his position as the Pewter Gym leader. He actually kicks *** in battle, but he never gets to unleash his potential in the main series because he'll always be under the shadow of Ash and May. I'm really hoping they give some excuse for Brock to return here as the BF saga draws to a close, he just "fits" there you know?

He's run his course, and Gym leader Brock >>>>>>>>>>>> tag along with Ash and be background material Brock.

Seriously, get Brock the hell off the main cast and put him back where he belongs instead of constantly wasting his potential in the main series.

Heracross
20th May 2006, 5:51 AM
Damn, it was awesome to see Satoshi and Takeshi working together at this level. Considering all the time they've known each other they don't express their frendship nearly enough.

pikachu146
20th May 2006, 7:02 AM
Wow,Ash and Brock work well as a team.That donphan and Steelix combo was amazing!
How did TR get Charizard and Aggron? I Don't get it.

ChaosMage
20th May 2006, 8:40 AM
Wow,Ash and Brock work well as a team.That donphan and Steelix combo was amazing!
How did TR get Charizard and Aggron? I Don't get it.

Delibird, a delivery pokemon for Team Rocket, delivered them to Jessie and James thinking they were Cassidy and Butch. The pokemon belong to Giovanni.

Anywho... I LOVE DONPHAN SO FUDGIN' MUCH!!!

Seriously, it was really amazing in this episode and needs more time to shine! Steelix is amazing, although it's a shame that Geodude and Crobat were more or less shoved into the background. Aggron is cool, but Charizard is overdone. BADLY.

Great episode, I'm off!

Karma Dude
20th May 2006, 8:56 AM
Yeah that was a cool episode I don't believe brocks mum made the place so girly...

Blaziken master
20th May 2006, 11:56 AM
Well this is one of the best episodes I have seen in a while.Crobat looked so cute in its first scene!

ghost master
20th May 2006, 1:38 PM
The ending gives the vibe that Flint/Lola learned their lesson, but who wants to bet they're going to go AWOL next time we see a reference to the Pewter Gym again?

All the more reason for Brock to stay there and reclaim his position as the Pewter Gym leader. He actually kicks *** in battle, but he never gets to unleash his potential in the main series because he'll always be under the shadow of Ash and May. I'm really hoping they give some excuse for Brock to return here as the BF saga draws to a close, he just "fits" there you know?
Yeah this episode seemed to have made it only more obvious that he should stay. Also we thought flint and lola learned their lesson before but then watching this episode I guess they havent. Just like 3 certain sisters who cant work it out right even if misty's gone for a tiny bit.

One question. Flint and Lola are the owners of the gym but it seems like Forest battles the trainer since he owns Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat. It appeared like he was using Flint's Golem as well. Would that be considered Forrest borrowing the pokemon for the gym similar to Forest borrowing Brock's pokemon?

HoennMaster
20th May 2006, 4:00 PM
I don't know if it is just me but it seemed like Charizard and Aggron were powerful when Team Rocket was in disguise, but as soon as they were revealed Charizard and Aggron were weak as ****. Anyone else agree?

Kabuto
21st May 2006, 1:24 AM
I don't know if it is just me but it seemed like Charizard and Aggron were powerful when Team Rocket was in disguise, but as soon as they were revealed Charizard and Aggron were weak as ****. Anyone else agree?

They are powerful, just that Team Rocket cannot battle.

While Charizard can take down an Articuno meanwhile under TR's control:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/zardowned.jpg

Even if it is a 4x weakness Geodude totally obliterated Charizard because of Team Rocket.

gamefreak5034
21st May 2006, 2:51 AM
they did that last time they had a charizard when it was beat by totdile

BrokenDreams
21st May 2006, 5:28 PM
The episode was okay but they made Donphan look weak in this episode

Chatsy
21st May 2006, 5:47 PM
Damn, it was awesome to see Satoshi and Takeshi working together at this level. Considering all the time they've known each other they don't express their frendship nearly enough.
Word.

We need more of them boys working together >=O

This episode was quite good - It was nice to see how much Brock's siblings idolise him. However, I got annoyed at the end of the battle, after Team Rocket got blasted off, were we saw a scroll scene of Brock's siblings, May and Max, and then we close in on Brock, his brother, Ash and MAX!

>.O

He can't be that fast.
I loathe how they reuse certain scenes when they absolutely do not fit. Good grief.

And WTF was that thing Lola bought? I can't make it out. o.o

Pika Hikari KT
21st May 2006, 6:54 PM
Overused it may be, but that has to be one of the the best looking 'Zards since the Cinnabar Gym battle. But since Jessie was using it, it was a total disaster. Had she used Aggron, she might've had a bit more luck(it can learn a lot more attacks...remember when she was spouting off attacks to Seviper way back in Hoenn?). That reminds me, was James equally as bad with Aggron?

What a waste of two awesome and powerful Pokés.;_;

And once again, no love for Geodude(it doesn't have a personality, but I like using them in the early game.:)). I'm starting to believe it really DOES have an Everstone wedged in its back.XD But it's a rare chance for Brocko to show what he can really do, so that's good.:)

JazzJazz
21st May 2006, 8:03 PM
What a waste of two awesome and powerful Pokés.;_;

Were you actually expecting Jessie and James to utilise the full potential of charizard and aggron respectively?

Ashy Boy
21st May 2006, 11:06 PM
Were you actually expecting Jessie and James to utilise the full potential of charizard and aggron respectively?
I doubt it.

RaikousThunder
22nd May 2006, 12:49 AM
This episode looks cool. I likre it mostly cause it features Brock. Steelix looks awesome. I just love Onix's and Steelix's designs, theyre awesome. Was that beam attack from Steelix Dragonbreath? I liked the green flames better but it still looks cool. I would have liked Geodude to evolve too but eh Steelix is good. Cant wait to see this cept Brocks voice will probably be crappy. *misses Eric Stuart*

Yamato-san
22nd May 2006, 12:54 AM
Delibird sure was a pleasant surprise, but everyone else already said that. And does this mean Yamato and Kosaburou now have a Bossgodora and Lizardon? Would be interesting if that Lizardon reappears, because then we'd be seeing the Pokemon portrayed in more antagonistic roles. Quite the contrast from the Lizardon that Satoshi owns (plus, it's very rare that two characters own the same Pokemon). And now I can't help wondering where the hell these Pokemon were in the previous episode, when we saw Rocket grunts using things like Zubat. If Sakaki could give Pokemon like that away, he sure as hell could equip his army a bit better.

Does that answer your question?
Really, it saddens me that Onix was the one to evolve, he was a good battler as he was. Geodude, however, was in need of a boost. Seems he'll always be a lovable lump...

I too think it was utter bulls*** that Iwark evolved. After Takeshi and Jirou were talking about the pride in having a rock-type gym back in that Housou special, what does Jirou go and do? Evolve the rock-type into a steel-type. And it's portrayed as Takeshi's signature Pokemon throughout the whole friggin franchise. Dumping it at the gym's one thing, but evolution basically says "He's neeeeeeever coming back". Besides, would a Goron's presence have killed them?

BTW, is this the first time that Haganeil was noted as having a ground sub-type? At some point, Masato (whom deserves the nickname "everyone's favorite piece of game continuity") mentions that Haganeil's a "Hagane/Jimen-taipu" (Steel/Ground-type).

Steelix is amazing, although it's a shame that Ludicolo and Crobat were more or less shoved into the background.

Fixed it.

Seriously, the people complaining about Ishitsubute getting the shaft are forgetting that it at least got to participate in the battle at the end. Runpappa and Crobat would've killed for that sort of action, especially given that they didn't get much of a chance to shine when they were travelling with Takeshi (Crobat was both a flyer and one of Takeshi's Pokemon. It did nothing but scout, and rotted in its ball the rest of the time. Meanwhile, Runpappa got quite a bit of spotlight before it evolved, but after it reached its finally form, it appeared about five times and didn't take long to be ditched. Ishitsubute at least did slightly more than that).

Overused it may be, but that has to be one of the the best looking 'Zards since the Cinnabar Gym battle. But since Jessie was using it, it was a total disaster. Had she used Aggron, she might've had a bit more luck(it can learn a lot more attacks...remember when she was spouting off attacks to Seviper way back in Hoenn?). That reminds me, was James equally as bad with Aggron?

I agree, it looked pretty badass. Besides, would we really wanna see a lesser-used fire-type, particularly Kyuukon, getting pwned in a typical Rocket battle at the end? I sure as hell wouldn't want that. Besides, by having two large, dragon-like Pokemon, they not only seem threatening, but Musashi and Kojirou end up being easily impressed, thinking they'll be unstoppable.

And I think Kojirou did do better with Bossgodora. While Musashi only made use of basic Flamethrowers and Fire Spins and stuff, Kojirou took advantage of the fact that it could use Water Pulse, a less conventional attack which their opponents are weak against. Also, it was Musashi's Lizardon that started the fight between the two at the end by projecting Flamethrower onto Bossgodora's back (I don't know if Musashi gave a lousy command, or if the Lizardon itself doesn't know where to aim.... maybe Musashi got the idea of friendly fire after seeing Haganeil strike Donphan towards them, I'd have to watch it again).

Geodude
22nd May 2006, 3:43 AM
I think what happened was it was due to J&J's lack of coordination. Jessie called for Fire Spin at a time and position where Aggron was in the way. Same thing happened to Ash and May back in The Bicker the Better when Skitty hit Corphish with Blizzard when it was supposed to be teamed up in battle with it.

ghost master
22nd May 2006, 9:14 PM
I too think it was utter bulls*** that Iwark evolved. After Takeshi and Jirou were talking about the pride in having a rock-type gym back in that Housou special, what does Jirou go and do? Evolve the rock-type into a steel-type. True Brock did say talk about that but then why would Crobat be used also it really isnt Forrest's fault it evolved(the anime varies on if a pokemon requires a certain item to evolve). Although you do have a point that Onix was probally the strongest rock type. Golem could work since it seems like Forrest was using Flint's Golem for the gym.

Magus
22nd May 2006, 9:23 PM
Was anybody else disappointed by how little Forrest actually did in this episode? I realize that Ash is the main character, but it seems to me that having Forrest as Brock's partner would make more sense. The kid is training to eventually take over the Gym, isn't he? And really, what did Ash do with Donphan that Forrest couldn't have done with Golem or Geodude?

Also, if Forrest had tried to flirt with May (they're about the same age, after all), that would've been good for a laugh.

Geodude
22nd May 2006, 10:41 PM
Well Forrest is still young, and he was clearly upset about the situation, so maybe he tried to stop it but wasn't able. And having Brock there and fighting to keep the gym gave him courage. And he did cut in front of Ash and Brock at one point so it's not like he stood back and let them do everything.

wobbanut
22nd May 2006, 11:53 PM
I realized something interesting last night: Onix is the first "Original" pokemon of the twerps to evolve on the show. By that, I mean the pokemon they had prior to being introduced on the show (not counting Ash and May, since they got their first pokemon on the show). Brock started with Onix and Geodude; Misty had Staryu, Starmie, and Golden; and Tracey had Venonat and Marill (yes, I count Tracey).

Of course two original pokemon already evolved a LONG time ago (Jessie and James's Ekans and Koffing), but it's a first for the twerps. Pretty cool. :)

.::Lynee::.
23rd May 2006, 11:44 AM
Just watched it and I think this Es is quite cool.
Well, the battle is very interesting but I don't like Charizard ^^ That's better to replace Char and Jess should use Ninetales.
When Steelix turns Donphan on with the view defeating Argon - that's a good stragedy

V Faction
24th May 2006, 12:11 AM
On the subject of Onix's evolution:

Bittersweet. Oh, hey, it evolved? Great! Now instead of being an honest to goodness Onix, its a generic Steelix. What a surprise that we see it using Iron Tail and Dragonbreath during the battle--two attacks that are so non-descrip. for a Steelix its painful to witness.

Odd, isn't it? Usually we cry for evolution, and when the time comes we almost have to do a double-take. Great idea, Pokemon writers--wrong choice. In other news, Geodude gets Sandstorm (relatively unique but nothing we haven't seen) and Mega Punch (we're back to RBY TMs now! [yes, I know it's a tutorable move. Go easy!])

On the battle itself:

Funny. But also more of the same. I can see the headline already...

"You've seen Team Rocket get cranky at one another and lose battles before! Now, get ready to witness the same thing again... BUT with new Pokemon!"

And new is a relative term. Charizard? Okay, I know I've joked about his appearances in the past before, but at this point I'm inclined to believe that they sincerely can't think of any other Pokemon to pick. Seriously! Maybe it's a disease or something. Charizarditis. A new discovery. Prevents any sane person from choosing a Pokemon other than Charizard. Looks like they were able to take some medicine for a short bit because I see AGGRON of all Pokemon! What a choice. Now there's something creative and not-Charizardish.

But anyway... Yeah, the battle wasn't anything special on TR's side of the field. They get blasted off... the Gym is saved ....Mozeltoff. Ash and Brock were cookin' fiercely but the efforts were a bit of a 'why bother' situation.

NoDot
24th May 2006, 2:55 AM
As to why it was Charizard, I've been developing a theory for a while. If I had to wager a guess, they like using Charizard a lot, because they have the character models for it. Instead of making new models or drawing them from scratch, they can just whip out the previous footage for the Pokemon and its attack, saving time and money.

V Faction
24th May 2006, 3:15 AM
Well the Charizard in this episode sure did have a lot of new animation and its attacks, while similar, were used differently. It's not a bad theory but I'm not sure if can work, y'know?

I just chalk it up to Charizarditis. It's easier.

deAthscythe
24th May 2006, 12:49 PM
just seen it it was an okay episode
but who's golem was shown ;/

Pepsi_Plunge
24th May 2006, 2:50 PM
it's from Brock father Flint
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Storm_Dragoon
24th May 2006, 2:52 PM
Using Charizard is getting old tho, why not use Pokemon we rarely see.

Dreamcoat
24th May 2006, 7:42 PM
Using Charizard is getting old tho, why not use Pokemon we rarely see.
The writers would rather be eaten by a pack of vicious Shuckles than using Dunsparce.

gamefreak5034
25th May 2006, 1:25 AM
just saw the show, but how is aggron able to learn water pulse?
\

V Faction
25th May 2006, 1:26 AM
Yes. You saw it use it, didn't you? Rarely will they mix up attacks.

gamefreak5034
25th May 2006, 1:29 AM
ya they usually stick the pokemons standard moves

CyberCubed
25th May 2006, 1:43 AM
Not in AG they don't. This is why we have Eevee firing Shadow Ball and Meowth in boots using Thunderbolt and the like.

Back in the early series, the writers stuck Pokemon with generic moves that they learn in their movesets. At least in AG we're getting great TM moves, of course some tend to be overused (Iron Tail...yikes!) but others are welcome.

hydradragon16
25th May 2006, 4:37 AM
Good to see that Onix finally elvolved.

HoennMaster
25th May 2006, 12:15 PM
Not in AG they don't. This is why we have Eevee firing Shadow Ball and Meowth in boots using Thunderbolt and the like.

Back in the early series, the writers stuck Pokemon with generic moves that they learn in their movesets. At least in AG we're getting great TM moves, of course some tend to be overused (Iron Tail...yikes!) but others are welcome.

Iron Tail isn't overused, no not at all. But Seriously, I don't see why the writers find that attack so appealing

Geodude
25th May 2006, 12:19 PM
And I THINK (someone'll have to confirm this) that Flint/Lola were actually NOT responsible for the gym decorations this time around. When the disguised TR showed up, the kids knew who they were (well, who they were supposed to be disguised as, anyway), so I kinda got the impression that TR did the "re-designing"...especially considering their reactions to what the kids were telling Brock.
Murgatroyd has confirmed that Flint/Lola hired TR, but TR was solely responsible for the details (meaning, the decorations and stuff).

ash5550
25th May 2006, 12:40 PM

You have a point there. Iron tail is the only otyhetr move besides eletric moves and quick attack are the only moves Uberchu uses. My question is why Aggron and Charizard obeyed J&J.

Serebii
25th May 2006, 12:42 PM
Because they were given to them...for the short time they were J&J's Pokemon given by TR

Yamato-san
27th May 2006, 12:13 AM
Iron Tail isn't overused, no not at all. But Seriously, I don't see why the writers find that attack so appealing

when you start seeing wild Kinogassa that just recently evolved using the attack, you know something's wrong.

crawdauntpro
5th June 2006, 8:13 PM
I quite liked this battle, it was cool! Donphan and Steelix are cool!

ハルカ and ゴンベ
19th June 2006, 12:48 AM
This episode was pretty awesome, who knew a Steelix could be so sweet? Probably the biggest thing I liked about this episode...Takeshi did something! Huzzah! One of the episodes where he does something is rare.

I give it a 9/10

GoGoPokemom
11th July 2006, 12:56 PM
Well , dissapointed to see that charizard belong to the villian in this espisode as it is one of ash signature pokemon .

Riva
18th July 2006, 7:27 PM
So Charizard and Aggron belong to Cassidy and Butch now? Which of those two got which of those two pokemon, ya think?

HoennMaster
18th July 2006, 7:38 PM
It doesn't really matter, I doubt we will ever see them use them.

SpGiga
8th August 2006, 6:13 PM
that pikachu was really weird and bald.

SpGiga
8th August 2006, 6:14 PM
;347; ;munchlax; that pikachu was really weird and bald.

Sombrero
10th August 2006, 11:51 AM
That episode was just awesome!!!
Onix became Steelix! Great! And then Delibirds return! Even cooler, 'cause Delibird's the coolest bird in Pokémon. And TR getting Aggron and Charizard? MAkes teh story interesting!° But the coolest scene of the episode was when their parents were at the airport... with ludicolo^^

MasterTboy
14th August 2006, 3:11 PM
I really feel bad that I missed that episode :(. I've missed probaly about the past 20 episodes. I would of loved to see this episode everyone is talking about. Delibird is awesome. Im going to see the episode that follows.

dnglover25
3rd December 2006, 7:27 PM
I would have liked it better to see Brock take Steelix with him.

WaterDragon trainer
6th December 2006, 1:27 AM
This episode was pretty good. Brock's reaction to the new gym design was hilarious. It was awesome to see Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat. Although it would be nice to see Brock take Crobat or Steelix with him. The battle was awesome, too. Forrest's Geodude was good. TR getting blasted off was pretty cool. It was hilarious to see Brock's reacton when his mom got him that weird gift as well as Delibird leaving TR hanging.

PrepXCore21
6th December 2006, 1:29 AM
overall a good episode i liked the 2v2 battle, had sume good action seems, looked like TR was doing good until the mega punch and firespin combo lol

Almighty Zard
6th December 2006, 1:33 AM
Brock was excellant this episode, and such great overkill for TR as well

Korobooshi Kojiro
6th December 2006, 1:34 AM
Why Is Golem Such A Gosh Darn Poser???!!!

CaptainBrain
6th December 2006, 1:35 AM
Brrrriliant episode. I loved seeing Steelix in action. Brock should have taken Crobat or Steelix with him though. :(

ShinyManafi
6th December 2006, 1:37 AM
This was seriously one of the best pokemon episodes, Steelix was awesome in this episode, but I wish Brock took it with him and seeing Jessie and James send out something else besides Cacnea and Seviper was a good change too, and Charizard blasting Aggron and Aggron blasting Charizard was halirious, cause TR got caught in the middle of it all

chosen_one386
6th December 2006, 1:42 AM
A hilarious episode, but I have two points...

1. I counted up the kids in Brock's family (including Brock) while they are lined up. They are two kids away from being the Pokemon version of Cheaper By the Dozen!!

2. Did anyone notice that after TR got blasted off that Max was up in the blacony by May one second, then on the battlefield with Brock and Ash the next second?

Darkness Angel
6th December 2006, 3:29 AM
I'm just glad they got through this one only because I'm looking forward to tomorrows.

Pokemon Fan
6th December 2006, 4:08 AM
One of the best battles in the series. Its what I wish happened more often, vicious throw-downs between massive fully-evolved pokemon! You could FEEL the impact of those attacks (especially when Charizard got slammed into that wall, that was BRUTAL!), I freakingLOVE this animation crew!

I also really like Dragonbreath's new look, though I still hold a certain fondness for the green flamethrower this one somehow looks a bit more dragonish by appearing to be made of some magical smoke energy.

And here we see how the various looks of Water Pulse function together quite well, the energy sphere can simply transform into a wave of water if the user wishes it.

Oh, and Flint's new voice is not nearly as cool as his old one, though I like how he sounds more like Brock now.

Some nice continuity in this episode, including multiple indirect references to how Brock's crazy parents have a tendency to abandon their kids. Rather dark in a way, Brock's remark to Max that he learned how to cook simply because "everybody has to eat.":(

BattleFranky~40
6th December 2006, 4:29 AM
I'm just glad they got through this one only because I'm looking forward to tomorrows.

This episode is much better than the Battle Pyramid episode. We actually get to see Takeshi DO something in this episode, along with a nice battle, Team Rocket getting some fully evolved pokemon to battle with, the hotness of Mizuho and Ludicolo, and some actual humor.

In the next episode we get... uh, Team Rocket falling for a bunch of traps, an average battle, and a very stupid plot device.

Freya
6th December 2006, 4:30 AM
I liked the Episode i was most exicted by Delibirds return more than Aggron or Charizard in the hands of Jesse and James...

BOUYSEL'S BEST FRIEND
6th December 2006, 4:31 AM
I loved that battle!!! And here comes forest to take over...
Overall a good episode.

Freya
6th December 2006, 4:36 AM
1 someone has 2 change the title and 2 i was disapointed i was expecting some Brock and Forest Tag team action

raticatelover
6th December 2006, 4:39 AM
Anybody notice at the end when Brock was complimenting Forest everyone including May Max and Ash had Brock's tradmark look eyes?

Aggron and Charizard were awesome to see battle Steelix and Donphan. A great battle to be seen, but i found it sort of funny how it seemed like they were beating up on Charizard with combos then Aggron uses a crazy powerful attack.

Burning Effigy
6th December 2006, 4:42 AM
That was probaly one of my favorite battles ever in pokemon.

S.Suikun
6th December 2006, 4:49 AM
Same quibble I had with yesterday's episode - Character recognizing another character they've never met on-screen before. Forrest has never met Meowth, yet he yelled "I know that face!"

I know I've been over this time and again, but I just don't get PUSA on the BGM front. Certain songs from the original that are kept in one episode are replaced in another. For example, one of the tracks used for the battle was also kept in the previous contest, yet was cut in both Anabel episodes.

Regardless, in case I didn't say this before, this is one of those episodes that proves why Takeshi can be a fantastic character when he actually...ya know, DOES SOMETHING.

This episode is much better than the Battle Pyramid episode. We actually get to see Takeshi DO something in this episode, along with a nice battle, Team Rocket getting some fully evolved pokemon to battle with, the hotness of Mizuho and Ludicolo, and some actual humor.

In the next episode we get... uh, Team Rocket falling for a bunch of traps, an average battle, and a very stupid plot device.
Both episodes are actually in my Top 10 of the BF saga. Battle Pyramid Part 1 is something different for this series, has some great music, and the battle is certainly better than the 3rd Pyramid battle. TR falling for a bunch of traps is both comic relief and a nice excuse for them to stay out of the main plotline, which is also one of the reasons why the Battle Palace was so great. The only beef I have with the episode is the unbelievably crappy and excessive CG usage. (The boulder is absolutely laughable)

old guard truthseeker
6th December 2006, 12:13 PM
Same quibble I had with yesterday's episode - Character recognizing another character they've never met on-screen before. Forrest has never met Meowth, yet he yelled "I know that face!"

Forrest saw Meowth in 'disguise' when TR was 'consulting' with his mom about remodeling the gym. Remember when J and J gave Meowth a hard time for his bad costume?

eonteam123456
6th December 2006, 6:11 PM
SOOOOOO...Charizrd and Aggron tryed to destroy Pewter Gym? If they had kept them, I would be shocked!

Knight_Ram
6th December 2006, 9:10 PM
SOOOOOO...Charizrd and Aggron tryed to destroy Pewter Gym? If they had kept them, I would be shocked!

Yeah I agree with you on that one! It would definatly make things harder for the twurps.

I actually thought that this episode was good. Especially since there is a thread dedicated to Brock not doing anything, I think that this is a great example of what the show can do with Brock.

If you dont know what I mean its just that Brock hardly does anything in the show anymore and I think that if the show has more episodes based on Brock, Then it would be a great one!

Overall I thought that this episode went well IMO. The batlle scene with Ash and Brock was pretty cool! Forest has done something that I doubt Brock would ever do! (Evolving Onix). And, The return of Delibird was pretty cool! Also very funny how Jessie and James found out that the Charizard and the Aagron were for Casidy and Butch! Lol. But the thing I personaly really disliked was, when everyone found out that it was Team Rocket and they all used the attacks to blow them away. Pikachu just had to come along and take some of the glory away from the other pokemon... Damn you Pikachu! 9/10 Because of you! Oh and I guess its also the 9/10 becauseBrocks dads voice is so sick! Ewwwww! I miss the old one! He was sooooo funny!

S.Suikun
6th December 2006, 9:51 PM
I don't know what would disgust me more about that - Having to see Charizard hog even more spotlight, or having to see a Pokemon as cool as Aggron lose in every single episode.

Medea
6th December 2006, 10:14 PM
Piece of crap this morning. Not the episode, that was good. Time to remember what I said about the episode this morning...

-Love the battle between Charizard/Aggron and Steelix/Donphan.
-Everyone's voice seemed pretty good and I have no complaints.
-Great to see Geodude again (underused as it is of Brock's pokemon)
-Brock in his pink apron again. Real men where pink aprons!
-Great to see Delibird since we have not seen it since late Johto and it was always good for a laugh.

Dark Star
7th December 2006, 2:36 AM
The battle was excellent. The voices were also pretty good.

Seeing Delibird was nice as the writers actually remember something in the Johto Saga. I found its voice to be hilarious. Dee..dee...dee!

Seeing Brock's old Pokemon was also nice. But one thing, was that Golem Brock's or someone elses?

Geodude
7th December 2006, 2:42 AM
It was never said, but it must have been Flint's, since we know he has one. If that Golem was Brock's Geodude, don't you think it's rather obvious that it would have been brought up in the same way Onix/Steelix was?

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
7th December 2006, 2:44 AM
Aww, it was that good, the Cartoon Network was ****ed up on my TV and I recorded the episode, didn't get nothing but a frozen Art Insistute commericial and black screen. But luckily for me, I seen the Japanese of the episode.

The episode was awesome, I really liked everything of it. I couldn't stop laughing how Brock had to suffer how his gym is screwed up and his crazy mom and dad. Geez don't they have a weird relationship.

The battle was great, Team Rocket getting elite Pokemon, and it gave Ash and Brock 2nd thoughts that it ain't going to be easy. I hope I could catch the dub one of these days.

dnglover25
7th December 2006, 2:45 AM
I hate that Brock leaves all his star pokemon ex. Vulpix,Geodude,Onix(Steelix), and Crobat. Even Ludicolo and Marshtop.

Dark Star
7th December 2006, 2:58 AM
Vulpix was never actually his. He was just taking care of it.

dnglover25
7th December 2006, 3:06 PM
True but when i think of Brock i think of all thoose pokemon. I also liked to see the new Dragon Breath color.

CyroEmerald_Z
8th December 2006, 11:59 PM
I loved this episode. Brock's siblings are so funny.
Since when did the gym become a rock/water gym. They were saying they had water pokemon too.

.::Cyro::.

Ash6K
9th December 2006, 12:03 AM
I'm sad that I couldn't watch the dub (cable broken :(). But anyway, I know this episode is great! It has Brock being in a serious battle with Steelix, and Donphan is battling too!

Geodude
9th December 2006, 1:24 AM
Since when did the gym become a rock/water gym. They were saying they had water pokemon too.
That's old news. Several years old, in fact. Haven't you seen Pokemon Chronicles? This episode. (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/004.shtml)

CyroEmerald_Z
9th December 2006, 2:04 AM
That's old news. Several years old, in fact. Haven't you seen Pokemon Chronicles? This episode. (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/004.shtml)

No. I only watched like four episodes, because i have stuff to do on saturday nights (sometimes).
Thanks for answering!

.::Cyro::.

CabbyFish
9th December 2006, 6:54 PM
This was a nice episode. We acually see Brock's mother in person for the first time in the main series (not counting side stories). What also added to the flavor was that Delibird was in it for the first time since Johto. Jessie and James were doing a good job in a tag battle for once, until Aggron got hit by flamthrower. I really liked the fact that Delibird made a mistake so that it sets up the play to a lot of comedic effect. Flint was good, and Lola was as cocky as she was in A Family thar Battles Together Stays Together. The gift she bought for Brock was very funny, but I don't have any idea what it is.

pokemaster 13
9th December 2006, 10:58 PM
We don't know if Brock ever interacted with Golem when he was a kid, so Golem may know of him from childhood. it was in the pokemon chronicles episode.before brock went to hoeen lol.

DSRGBA
10th December 2006, 3:42 PM
great episode but not enough crobat action,;169; lol

Shift
11th December 2006, 3:36 AM
I'm impressed that they seemd to remember all the names that were previously given to all those siblings.

old guard truthseeker
11th December 2006, 11:57 AM
I'm impressed that they seemd to remember all the names that were previously given to all those siblings.

The story I heard was that most of them already had names, but 2 or 3 did not, so it was a quite a tricky game of research to get it straight.

wobbanut
21st December 2006, 3:48 AM
Well, it only took 450 episodes, but FINALLY a member of Team Rocket called Brock by name. And it's a good line too. Yay. It's so sad that Brock was the final twerp to be named by either Jessie, James, Meowth, Butch, or Cassidy. "It looks exactly like a dinner meeting of the junior league Brock lookalike contest." LOL :D

Anyway, I'm glad they followed up with Brock's Chronicles episode with this episode, especially seeing how Forrest has been doing with Brock's pokemon. It's interesting that Onix evolved offscreen, but I wish Geodude could have evolved too. I loved seeing Ludicolo and Delibird again, they've been pokemon I've enjoyed watching. The fight between Steelix/Donphan and charizard/aggron was awesome until the final stretch. Dang, does Team Rocket have to lose so much? :( I loved Jessie and James bickering and the pokemon taking their place, though. LOL Brock was also awesome in this episode. I loved how fired up he kept getting about everything. LOL :D

Overall, 10/10. Now I can't wait for Ash the shadow pokemon next week.

Geodude
21st December 2006, 3:50 AM
Yeah, NewBrock must've really had fun with that episode, he got to basically star in it and display a heck of a lot of emotion.

Smack That!!!!!
23rd December 2006, 3:17 PM
Pretty good, but it could have been a little better.

Swirling Squirtle
26th December 2006, 3:20 AM
i thought this was an awesome episode, and really showed how the new voice for brock could act, and he did exceptrionally good

Ashy Boy
5th February 2007, 9:23 AM
The dub version was hilarious especially the battle. Also, Brock's voice tone was really strong and more agressive.

Caseydia
6th February 2007, 4:15 PM
Brock stopping by his home town was cool. Why didn't he just Stay There For Crying Out Loud?!

Dragonfire117
26th April 2008, 2:00 AM
Another one of my Favorite episodes! (Mainly because brock's siblings are in it) But what REAAALLY Ticks me off is what Salvador said early in the episode "Of course MOMMY jumped at the idea, but DADDY wasn't really into it at first....." Honestly, What Eleven-year-old boy (Especially coming from a large family) calls their Parents Mommy and Daddy....He just doesn't seem like the kind of kid who would say something like that. Why did they replace Scott McCord with some other guy, he sounds like Max! And did anyone else notice that Timmy sounds EXACTLY like Mandork from Dexter's lab? And Yolanda doesn't sound fitting for the oldest of brock's little sister, she sounds like an Anastasia to me and I SWEAR I heard Anastasia in the 5th episode of pokemon.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 9:49 PM
Hm I really enjoyed this tag battle. I love seeing Jessie and James with really strong Pokemon. I love when Delibird shows up too :)

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:02 PM
it has been a long time since i saw delibird in the episodes, i enjoyed watching it.

Littlemyuu
14th June 2009, 9:09 PM
Love the episode, and good to see a comeback from Delibird again ^_^

Lorde
8th January 2010, 2:48 AM
Brock's family again was nice. Wish we could've seen other character's families too, and not just Brock's.

Glad Delibird appeared, I really missed it. And giving Jessie and James Pokemon? Strong Pokemon? I wish they would've kept them. I like it when Jessie and James are winning.

Onix finally evolved and that was good. 8/10

Ash-kid
15th January 2010, 11:53 AM
It was great to see Pewter Gym again.

Brock's Steelix was a good surprise. I never though that Onix will evolve.

8/10

Willow's Tara
30th May 2010, 5:56 AM
Nice to see Brock's Pokemon back for an episode, and that Onix had evolved into Steelix. I bet it had gotten alot of battles in the Gym now (I don't remember it battling that much in the episodes it was in)

Was a bit surprising to see Brock's mother, I think it should stay as a rock gym though instead of a water gym, that's an easy way to get through two gyms quick (Pewter and Misty's gym).

saar
27th June 2010, 2:55 PM
Brock's familiy is just great, I always love to see them... His brothers and sisters are cute.
TR again with strong pokemon that they can't control on, it reminds me an episode from Kanto, where Jessie had a Charizard.

Lance The Champ
20th December 2010, 1:27 PM
Funny to see how team rocket remodeled the gym.... No wonder Brock was angry... Also great to see that Onix evolved into Steelix

Painkiller2001
8th January 2011, 5:50 PM
Have not seen the Pewter gym for a long time!
Great to see that Onix evolved into Steelix! Awesome!

A question:
Just what was that thing that Lola got Brock???

G50
27th April 2011, 12:48 AM
This episode was ok. It was great to find out that Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix. Brock's reactions to the inside of the gym were priceless! It was interesting how Jessie and James were lent very stron Pokemon Charizard and Aggron to be able to accomplish their schemes. It was funny and relieving to find out that the Pokemon were actually meant for Cassidy and Butch.

40/100

Bulba the Great!
2nd June 2012, 7:58 AM
I love Jessie's line, "Why does Charizard always have to be the fall guy?" That statement is so untrue it's not even funny.

Vernikova
22nd September 2012, 2:36 PM
Brock's Pokemon get more development off-screen than they do on-screen. Okay, in all seriousness, I didn't enjoy the episode that much. I don't really care for Brock's family to be honest.

PokemontrainerY
6th August 2013, 5:35 PM
In this episode Ash and the others arrives at Brock's hometown, Pewter City. Brock's reaction was priceless when he saw his 'new' gym.
It's great to see Brock's Onix again, who has evolved into a Steelix. I liked seeing Golem, Geodude and Crobat as well.
Later, Team Rocket attacked the Pewter gym so they could steal the Pokemon from there.
This time, they have new Pokemon ....... Aggron and Charizard? That was unexpected.
I liked how Ash and Brock teamed up against Jessie and James and battled them. Despite having those powerful Pokemon, they got blasted off.
Later it turns out that those Pokemon were for Butch and Cassidy, so Delibird took the Pokeballs back from them.
Brock tried talking to his mother about the gym's new look, but sadly she ignored him. I guess she really wants to turn the gym into a water-type gym. -_-
Overall, this was an intersting episode, it's nice too see Brock's familiy again.