PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Glissa Sunseeker

klducks
21st May 2006, 3:31 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/mirrodin/glissa_sunseeker.jpg
Glissa Sunseeker - Mirrodin. Rare
2GG: Creature - Elf Legend
First strike
T: Destroy target artifact if its converted mana cost is equal to the amount of mana in your mana pool.
"There's a secret at the heart of this world, and I will unlock it."
3/2

The main character in the Mirrodin block novels. 4 for a 3/2 first striker isn't all that bad. Granted that it's also given the ability to destroy artifacts.

To clarify, it basically has XT: where X = the converted mana cost of the artifact you want to destroy. The wording of that card got me confused at first.

Anyway, this would be a bomb in limited, being able to destroy things on the board this and there as well as be a nice blocker, not letting creatures w/o evasion pass through with 3 or less toughness.

The Duck's Rating: 3/5

Kaizer
21st May 2006, 6:43 PM
I have one of these. Never have found the right deck for it, but I still like it for the forementioned reasons.

By the way, the effect has nothing to do with X,t: effect. It does what it says it does. You add mana to your mana pool. Tap Glissa to kill off an artifact with the proper cmc and hope you have something to spend that floating mana on or you're going to burn.

Still, tis an alright card.

klducks
21st May 2006, 9:40 PM
By the way, the effect has nothing to do with X,t: effect. It does what it says it does. You add mana to your mana pool. Tap Glissa to kill off an artifact with the proper cmc and hope you have something to spend that floating mana on or you're going to burn.
It just seems simpler to read that way, even though it has nothing to do with it. But good point about the mana burn.

I guess you could Top 4 times in a row?

Shadow Trainer
22nd May 2006, 3:37 AM
A 3/2 first striker for four is decent, and the somewhat situational ability is okay. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
22nd May 2006, 12:13 PM
Or you could just tap mana to play something, realise it has the same mana and the cost of an artifact on your opponent's side, and kill.

3/2 + First strike for 4 is not bad. Throw in the ability, and you'll have an okay card.

4/5.