PDA

View Full Version : Outdated Stickies.

Phantom_Bugsy
22nd May 2006, 4:24 PM
Hnnn. There are a lot of stickies around the forums, imo, that just take up too much space and really don't need to be there. :/ Like in fanart there's a bunch, and that's kind of a problem since art that goes to the second page tends to not get looked at or commented on.

the You Know You Like Shipping Too Much When... thread in Shipping probably could do with being destickied, too, as could things like the Family thread in Pokemon Anime. I've seen a lot of good topics die just because some idiot goes and replies to like every thing ever and the thread gets pushed back and pushed back. In places like Fanart, it's ridiculous how many stickies we have. We have 7 there, we shouldn't need that many in a place that gets new threads a LOT.

If this sounds too dumb then feel free to close it and all that good crap...but I just wanted to let you guys know that with all the stickies in some of the forums, it looks REALLY crowded and messy.

Fatal
22nd May 2006, 5:34 PM
I actually think you brought up a good point. I see how the stickies in fan art tend to take up a lot of the page, and push normal art threads back some ways. Yeah, things that aren't too significant don't really need to be thrown in front of someone for them to see it, and that makes it harder for one to see the actual fan. I agree. =/

-Fatal

Phantom_Bugsy
23rd May 2006, 8:40 PM
A lot of things are just little reminders or something. I can see having a sticky for the rules and a sticky for a very common sort of topic, but new rules could be added to the rule sticky, maybe with a title edit that says "Updated: blahblahblahwhateverdate." It can save room and all that good stuff.

Chris
23rd May 2006, 8:55 PM
I've got quite abit to do, so I dunno when I'll actually be able to touch the ones I normally tinker with. WolfGoddess PMed me the other night with a similar suggestion of "spring cleaning" the stickies and such.

I'll see what I can do.

Wolf Goddess
24th May 2006, 1:07 AM
I've got quite abit to do, so I dunno when I'll actually be able to touch the ones I normally tinker with. WolfGoddess PMed me the other night with a similar suggestion of "spring cleaning" the stickies and such.

I'll see what I can do.

You don't need to do those; I just wanted to have your permission to do them. It wouldn't be a problem.

As for fanart, yeah, it's a bit cluttered. The Fan Art Request (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45) stickies could be cleaned up and merged into a single thread, for example.