PDA

View Full Version : If Wild World did NOT exist...

Zora
23rd May 2006, 2:01 AM
Note, this is not an anti-ACWW thread, as I chearish that game, it is just something that I thought about. Anyways...

A long time ago an issue about ACWW having Wi-Fi and how strangers can come into your town. This was later solved with Friend Codes. Noow if Wild World did not exist, would the idea of friend codes exist, since it seems like the game that brought up that ideal?

Blues
23rd May 2006, 2:20 AM
If Wild World didn't exist, then Mario Kart would've been the first game to implement friend codes. THey obviously already had the idea in mind when they put it in both games. Besides, Mario Kart came out first (I think).

Zora
23rd May 2006, 3:06 AM
If Wild World didn't exist, then Mario Kart would've been the first game to implement friend codes. THey obviously already had the idea in mind when they put it in both games. Besides, Mario Kart came out first (I think).

MKDS had FC slapped on when the Wi-Fi decision was made. ACWW was the first game to had that idea. Keep in mind the ACWW was released before MKDS in Japan. Therefore, technically ACWW was released first.

~*Pikafan*~
23rd May 2006, 3:14 AM
Well, if it didn't, then I don't think so.

Bu†cH
23rd May 2006, 3:21 AM
I'd send my money on other important games, like Final Fantasy IX or Tactics, Dark Cloud 2, or Resident Evil 4, and anything else that costs $27 or less.

Yes, I got the game for $27. Target had a clearance sale for Wild World for only $24 plus tax.

Swampy
23rd May 2006, 9:25 PM
I doubt it would have been made. We would prolly have something *worst* then friend codes to exchange if they didn't think of that. :X

BH-Star
23rd May 2006, 10:06 PM
its not like it was invented for acww.. they made i for the wifi games in general so then they wouldn't have made acww but i dont really give a turd..

Little_Pikachu
24th May 2006, 12:10 AM
I would imagine friend codes would exist. Sometimes you want to play specifically against your friends and not a load of randoms, how else would you organise that? Unless you forced everyone to have a unique user name, but still, it's the same sort of thing, a unique thing that helps you find people you're looking for.

Zora
24th May 2006, 12:23 AM
I would imagine friend codes would exist. Sometimes you want to play specifically against your friends and not a load of randoms, how else would you organise that? Unless you forced everyone to have a unique user name, but still, it's the same sort of thing, a unique thing that helps you find people you're looking for.

Simply by selecting who to face, therefore you are never actually paried up with random people.

Sneaky Kokiri
24th May 2006, 8:37 PM
its kinda good friend codes exist though because on wild world some people would come into your town and cut down all your trees :s

but i reckon it was just allready thought of for all wifi games.

Another Fan
25th May 2006, 6:02 PM
Simply by selecting who to face, therefore you are never actually paried up with random people.

Then they would have to make a giant list of everyone who is on and force them all to have different names even though there is a character limit.

I doubt that would work.

Zora
26th May 2006, 2:26 AM
Then they would have to make a giant list of everyone who is on and force them all to have different names even though there is a character limit.

I doubt that would work.

Xbox and PS2 servive using that, Nintendo should be able. It isn't just a name by list, but also has profile "links" for some general information. (Like wins/losses for MKDS, Hunter Liscence for MPH, ect.)

Another Fan
29th May 2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah, portable vs. non portable. Hm... giant menus with 100s of people on my tiny DS screen? I rather not.

I really think that that sounds really clunky portable or not. Long loads times really turn me off.

Tendo128
30th May 2006, 3:17 AM
WW or not, I think they'd prolly still use the system. Even though in MKDS you can't even communicate with friends, the friend code system is still there just to designate specific people you want play with (a purpose still served in every NWC game to date).

Greek Saw
30th May 2006, 3:19 AM
Wait, I don't quite get this. Does the Wild Wolrd have to do something games???????

Zora
30th May 2006, 5:34 AM
If Wild World did not exist, would Friend Codes exist? That is the question. Also keep in mind ACWW was released first, in Japan, about a week before we got MKDS.

Bulk
30th May 2006, 8:36 PM
Well, I recon they would exist but they wouldn't be assigned to the cart. It'd be MUCH easier if each DS had it's own FC and not each game you bought. But because AC:WW allows you to move into someone's house, other peopel are going to be going online with your game on different DS's therefore, that's why the FC are like they are. Without AC:WW it'd be much easier to use DS's with their own FC and not the games.