PDA

View Full Version : Real Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Disk? Can it happen?

Paden
24th May 2006, 12:22 AM
Do you think it could happen? Maybe with a few things changed. My untrusted friend said he tested it, which I doubt.

Comis Patronus
24th May 2006, 12:29 AM
It is possible with the technology today but as for realistic battling where you get hurt-illegal. We don't have that kind of money to make those and no one will buy them except those who are very rich.

Paden
24th May 2006, 12:31 AM
I know, that was one of the things they would take out.

FireKero!
24th May 2006, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/v/SAnwgAFIEHY

Check that out.

Now take that and apply it to Yu-Gi-Oh! and what do you have? You have something wonderful.

If not for the casual player, then at least use something like that to broadcast Worlds or Nationals, or any other big YGO TCG event.

onix lord
24th May 2006, 12:38 AM
Nah, I could never see it happening, even if there is the money available for it. I mean, it would be an awesome idea and I think it would be very cool to play on one, but I just don't see it ever being made.

Divine_Light
24th May 2006, 12:45 AM
Possibly, But only when pigs fly lightsabers and pokeballs exist, You could make a yugioh card picture transparent and shine it through a projector, I tried it will a normal card, It was a stupid idea

Master Mewtwo
24th May 2006, 2:00 AM
It is not impossible. The matter in fact is WHEN it is possible. With the right technology it is possilbe. It might just be a while for this to happen. You can use an LCD projector. Face against eachother and map out where the card or monster will appear and the lights hitting eachother will make it 3D like. Just an idea, but I think it may work out sometime.

Master Mewtwo

EmbersBackUpSinger
24th May 2006, 2:18 AM
Maybe...But that much cost a lot of $$$$

Paden
24th May 2006, 2:40 AM
Well, my friend said it was gonna be the same price of DS Lite.($150) It would be funny if you played a monster like Uria to scare the kindergardners or teachers with him.

Edit: Obelisk would be good for Halloween. ^_^
Edit 2:He said it comes out December 2007.

Jupetta
24th May 2006, 7:50 AM
If it is true... it wouldn't be able to be played with the current cards. New magnetically coded cars would have to be produced. The machinery also seems a little too complicated for something that could be strapped around your wrist, a dueling arena like in Duelist Kingdom seems like a more likely choice if they were to do something like this.
~;354;

Eon Chao
24th May 2006, 11:29 AM
Well, my friend said it was gonna be the same price of DS Lite.($150) It would be funny if you played a monster like Uria to scare the kindergardners or teachers with him.

Edit: Obelisk would be good for Halloween. ^_^
Edit 2:He said it comes out December 2007.

Your friends lieing to you.

1. There's no way it would work with the existing cards as the only way a computer could identify them is through the code on the bottom left hand corner and that'd mean you'd have to type them all in.

2. As pointed out above there is no way you'd be able to carry it around on your arm. That amount of technology would require a supercomputer just to store all the monsters and their animations.

3. Regardless of what most TCG fans think, and as cool as it would be, there's no way anyone would sink their money into something like this so thus it wouldn't be funded.

4. Even if it was made it'd more likely cost a hideous amount more than $150 due to the amount of work it takes to make it work.

5. If it was real then Konami, UDE or Shuesia (sp?) would have said something by now.

ShadowKitsune
24th May 2006, 1:27 PM
And plus, it would cost a lot more than $150. Somewhere around the thousands maybe?

Judai Yuki
27th May 2006, 3:15 AM
It could but noones ever going to spend their time on it.

Skrusti
27th May 2006, 3:56 AM
Improbable, but most certainly not impossible.

It would be neat, extremely neat, if they were able to do something like this. The monetary needs would be enormous, not to mention the technology. Maybe in the future, but certainly not anytime soon would we see something like the Duel Disks.

Clamps
29th May 2006, 9:57 PM
actually they could put a 0-9 keypad somewhere and that would be how it could recognise cards. although with a card book it would be easy to cheat and some cards wouldn't be playable.

Gliese
29th May 2006, 10:04 PM
They can make but they wont because inventors could care less about our dreams for the future of yu-gi-oh cards