PDA

View Full Version : Replying to Spam - Something must be done.

Thriller
24th May 2006, 6:31 PM
Go ahead, try to say its no big deal, something still needs to be done about it.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=119981

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=119831

Yeah, 2 threads but the 2nd one got many more replies...

The rules state that you don't reply to Spam. These two threads were very clearly Spam made by a member that was very clearly a spammer.

I'm not trying to sound like an elitist, I'm just trying to help the forum but people just keep replying to spam and nothing seems to get done about it.

If I'm mistaken and the people replying to it are infact getting warned, I apologize and you can go ahead and close this.

Tamer Zack
24th May 2006, 7:12 PM
Unless we can get collars around every member neck and shock them for everytime they reply to Spam then there's nothing we can do about it just delete there posts and that's about it.

Kijuna
24th May 2006, 8:19 PM
It's a stupid rule anyway. The meaning of spam is too subjective to enforce a rule like that, and frankly some of these mods are corrupt already.

Kijuna
24th May 2006, 9:03 PM
Ah.

I mean I've seen topics closed with the reason that the mod didn't like the topic.

Jetx
24th May 2006, 9:36 PM
Some of them are trying to stop others from replying, and some are just having a laugh. But I suppose it's a bit of a problem...

Fatal
24th May 2006, 9:40 PM
Ah.

I mean I've seen topics closed with the reason that the mod didn't like the topic.

That's because the topics are most likely stupid and make no sense whatsoever. :)

That surely doesn't make that mod "corrupt" For what? Doing their job? Closing threads that seem SPAMmy or have no proper discussion taking place? Yeah, I don't think so. ;o

As for replying to SPAM, people should just leave threads like that alone really. I mean, if it's a thread asking for help like "Where can I find pictures of ____" then I don't really see a problem with people replying if they're helping the person rather than saying "wut this is spam, you cant make threads like this" or something. But threads like that "Why is moltres a chicken?" thing should just be left alone or silently reported to a mod. What I meant by silently reported is that people should just click the report button, type something quick in, and then leave it alone. But rather, people go "Oooh, man, this is total SPAM, this aint allowed! *reports*" =/

-Fatal