PDA

View Full Version : Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Serebii
25th May 2006, 12:50 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/454.jpgBattling the Enemy Within!

Finally at the final Battle Frontier Facility, the Battle Pyramid, Ash & Co. find a challenge just to find Brandon, the Frontier Brain. Once found, while they are going through the Pyramid, Ash gets adversely affected by one of the artifacts inside. Will Ash snap out of it in order to battle Brandon and the legendary Pokémon Regirock?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/454.shtml)

Discuss

DreamFiend_633
25th May 2006, 1:20 PM
Posessed Ash makes this episode more interesting.

Eddieursa
25th May 2006, 2:02 PM
Anybody have information about Ash's possession?. I mean, what exactly happen to him exactly?.

gamefreak5034
25th May 2006, 3:48 PM
wow ash is battling another legendary, plus the fact that Ash truns evil makes this episode worth looking forward too, but i cant believe it only going to last an episode

Serebii
25th May 2006, 4:23 PM
People please will you bloody read the rules for these threads...I am fed up of EVERY WEEK having to remind you

And dont post after me now saying sorry either ¬¬

JazzJazz
25th May 2006, 7:41 PM
Apparently Ash didn't face off against Brandon at all in this episode, with regirock belonging to no one... so I guess we might end up seeing Ash with a perfect record against the Frontier Brains (i.e. no rematches).

Neko Godot
25th May 2006, 7:43 PM
Apparently Ash didn't face off against Brandon at all in this episode, with regirock belonging to no one... so I guess we might end up seeing Ash with a perfect record against the Frontier Brains (i.e. no rematches).
Uh, Ash lost to Anabel and had to have a rematch, making a perfect Frontier Brain record impossible.

Korobooshi Kojiro
25th May 2006, 9:21 PM

So, I guess we may be seeing Ash face off after the Grand Festival, seems good to me!

The Great Butler
25th May 2006, 9:30 PM
So it seems I was right. Regirock WASN'T Brandon's, there was no Braveness Symbol match at all. I'm sure we'll see it after the Festival, maybe Ash will catch the giant Slaking in the next episode for it (but that's not for this thread.)

Who did the Salamence belong to, though? I'm sure it was Brandon's but I want to make certain.

Blaziken master
25th May 2006, 9:32 PM
It was just a pokemon that lives in the pyramid

V Faction
25th May 2006, 11:53 PM
Yes, like bats that roost in belfries or hobos that live in synagogues.

People please will you bloody read the rules for these threads...I am fed up of EVERY WEEK having to remind you
Make a notice with your little synopsis every week reminding people not to post. It won't help a single bit, but at least you'll feel all warm and fuzzy.

dannyphantomhott
26th May 2006, 2:09 AM
Bring on the possesed Ash =]

Sunain
26th May 2006, 2:27 AM

Ash lost to Anabel. Since the final Frontier Brains are suppost to be the hardest, I wont be surprised if there is another rematch vs Brandon

CyberCubed
26th May 2006, 2:31 AM
I sure don't want Ash losing to Brandon multiple times. If the writers need something to stall time to D/P, this is not the way to do it.

The fact that May's quest will be ending shortly only further wonders why they're dragging Ash's out so long and ending May's so fast. They could have had her lose another Contest so her quest was extended along with Ash's.

dannyphantomhott
26th May 2006, 4:36 AM
Awe I find it fun to watch Ash win or loose in his adventures. Maybe that's a sign of May leaving, I don't know I'm just speculating, but this isn't the place to do so...I really can't wait to see the episode.

Eddieursa
26th May 2006, 7:35 AM
Clearly information from Bulbapedia:

Major events:
+ Ash is possessed by King of Pokélantis Empire's evil spirit which comes from the stone ball sealed in the Ancient Ruins, and Brandon agrees to battle in order to save Ash.
+ Ash's Sceptile fights Brandon's Regirock in an informal battle and loses. Ash will return to the Battle Pyramid for a rematch with Brandon after the Grand Festival.
+ At the end of the episode, the Battle Pyramid flies off for the next ruins and Ash sees Ho-oh for the 3rd time.

Chatsy
26th May 2006, 7:41 AM
So Brandon does battle Ash in his possessed state?
Oh goodness gracious, this just made me happy.

And Regirock was Brandons - Oh well, it was fun while believing in the other thread. Also, Ash has to rematch the two last brains - Good way to show that they're saving the best for last.

Why Ho oh is there is a wonder to me.

AK2
26th May 2006, 8:28 AM
So Brandon does battle Ash in his possessed state?
Oh goodness gracious, this just made me happy.

And Regirock was Brandons - Oh well, it was fun while believing in the other thread. Also, Ash has to rematch the two last brains - Good way to show that they're saving the best for last.

Why Ho oh is there is a wonder to me.

It's interesting to note that ALL 3 times Ash saw Ho-oh in Kanto.

Ash saw him at the beginning of his journey- signaling the start.

What did the appearence at the end of Johto, or this appearence signal though?

Chatsy
26th May 2006, 8:38 AM
How ironic since Ho oh has a shrine in Johto XP

I assume that the second appearing of Ho oh was to signal the new start in Hoenn, but this time... A new start again? Ash will be battling legendaries, if what's been said is true, after all. Eh, who knows?

♥Princess Ketchum♥
26th May 2006, 10:29 AM
wow xD We see ho-oh again? and poor ash i cant beleive he has turn evil but he is really hot!

Gaiash
26th May 2006, 10:58 AM
It was just a pokemon that lives in the pyramid
Yes and Brandon just happened to send it out of a Pokeball

skarmachild
26th May 2006, 11:02 AM
wow xD We see ho-oh again? and poor ash i cant beleive he has turn evil but he is really hot!

Christ, he turns 'evil' for about 5 minutes before he gets Thunderbolted by Pikachu, turning him back to normal.

Korobooshi Kojiro
26th May 2006, 11:16 AM
No, more like half of the episode, and is still evil during the fight with Regirock.

skarmachild
26th May 2006, 11:19 AM
No, more like half of the episode, and is still evil during the fight with Regirock.

Really? Oh okay, I blame Babelfish. My bad.

FireHead Hank
26th May 2006, 11:56 AM
seen the pics.

Here are my favorite things about the episode:
-I'm surprised how cool Regirock is, unfortunately, it's a legendary..(The Salamence isnt Brandons, it's just one that's in the Pyramid and scaring Team Rocket)
-Ash is possesed the whole battle.
-Once, when Regirock charged to attack, Ash ordered his Sceptile to hide behind the referee, which forced Bradon to cancel the attack....:D
-Ash lost, so we get to see another cool battle with Brandon

great episode.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
26th May 2006, 12:06 PM
i think Ash looks pretty hot evil and i love it And i cant wait to watch the episode l8r and draw him to

V Faction
26th May 2006, 1:29 PM
Every trainer has a choice... To be evil!
To listen to that voice inside... Gotta cheat!

Go Evil Ash~ Go Evil Ash. It's ya berfday~ Not really, just sayin'!

In the meantime, we find out Regirock DOES indeed belong to Brandon and rampant speculation about Ho-Oh begins!

Eddieursa
26th May 2006, 1:49 PM
Men, I think have been even worse that when Pikachu was possessed by Groudon's orb!!!!. (*How Scary!!*). By the way, anybody know what was the intentions of that evil spirit?.

Almighty Zard
26th May 2006, 2:42 PM
Man i cannot wait to see this episode now, too bad that Sceptile couldn't beat Regirock though, should've used Solarbeam, but Ash posessed is the best thing i've seen in this show since the jouto tournament.

That Scary Clefairy
26th May 2006, 3:19 PM
I wanna hear his voice now. Wonder if it sounds dark and evil.

Chatsy
26th May 2006, 3:20 PM
seen the pics.

Here are my favorite things about the episode:
-Once, when Regirock charged to attcked, Ash ordered his Sceptile to hide behind the referee, which forced Bradon to cancel the attack....:D
Ahaahha, oh god, that classic XD

Possessed Ash ftw, most definitely - It gives us a nice look at what not to do. Oh yes, very. <3

Anikin
26th May 2006, 3:42 PM
I can't wait to see the episode where I live. And Regirock apears in this one makes it all worth watching.

gamefreak5034
26th May 2006, 5:27 PM
just saw the pics, and i really think the evil Ash battled badly with sceptile

Almighty Zard
26th May 2006, 5:41 PM
just saw the pics, and i really think the evil Ash battled badly with sceptile

from what i saw he battled well until the lock on Hyper Beam combo did him in. Also how come nobody as comented on how the pyramid can apparently move from location to location yet i found that interesting as well.

That Scary Clefairy
26th May 2006, 6:00 PM
I'm wondering that as well. also is the ruin part of the pyramid or not? cause the pyraimid look kinda "clean" compared to the ruin.

Sunain
26th May 2006, 6:11 PM
This episode has hints of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode 'Power Play.' In that episode Troi, Data and O'Brien are possessed by spirits and the spirit controlled people are only seperated by a shock.

Ash never lost and he never battled in this episode! Ash is possessed by King of Pokélantis Empire's evil spirit which comes from the stone ball sealed in the Ancient Ruins, and Brandon agrees to battle in order to save Ash. He was controlled by spirit for most the episode, so his normal personality and battle techniques were hindered in the mini battle. After Sceptile looses Regirock with a target locked 'heatseeking' Hyperbeam, King of Pokélantis Empire's evil spirit tries to send out Pikachi but May, Max and Brock block him from allowing Pikachu to battle. Normal Ash manages to break the spirit control for a second and tells Pikachu to thunderbolt him. Pikachu thunderbolts Ash and the King of Pokélantis Empire's evil spirit is forced out of him. Brandon uses the ancient pyramid 'Pokeball' and recaptures the spirit. The episode ends the the Battle Pyramid's corners extending to allow the propellers to have space to rotate and fly's off. Ash and friends see Ho-oh following the Battle Pyramid off into the distance. Ash recalls the first time he saw Ho-oh.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
26th May 2006, 6:38 PM
i so wanna watch the episode xD

.Bambi.
26th May 2006, 6:38 PM
Ash losing was unexpected. Then again, I was wondering how they were going to wrap up a believable battle with so much time in this episode being spent down in the ruins.

I loled when the Battle Pyramid just flew away...didn't someone somewhere jokingly say that Satoshi-tachi would have to find the Pyramid, which was constantly changing locations. Neh?
OMG, best n00b idea ever! What if the next time Ash faces Brandon, he sends out Registeel or Regice? Then, he loses to them, and the 3rd time he battles him, he faces the final Regi? That way, we get the best of all 3 worlds! It'd be tediously exciting =D >.>

The Great Butler
26th May 2006, 6:52 PM
Whether or not Salamence was Brandon's doesn't matter---this episode sounds really, really cool. Where are the pictures posted?

dannyphantomhott
26th May 2006, 7:24 PM
I can't wait to see this episode, I saw the images and man evil Ash is so awesome. Pretty cool that we got to see Indigo Ash as a flashback, awe I love flashbacks, they get me all teary LOL.

Sunain
26th May 2006, 7:25 PM
Ash losing was unexpected.

Ash never lost and he never battled in this episode! Ash is possessed by King of Pokélantis Empire's evil spirit which comes from the stone ball sealed in the Ancient Ruins, and Brandon agrees to battle in order to save Ash.

gamefreak5034
26th May 2006, 7:35 PM
I like how Ash made sceptile hide behind the ref, really showed he wasnt himself

Brinstar
26th May 2006, 8:27 PM
This episode felt like a bad Simpsons ep. All the right plot points were there, but none of it came together in the end. :[

Korobooshi Kojiro
26th May 2006, 8:59 PM
Is it me, or when Brandon was talking about like ancient people their was a figure that resembled Aaron?

The Great Butler
26th May 2006, 9:00 PM
Is it me, or when Brandon was talking about like ancient people their was a figure that resembled Aaron?

I caught that too.....Aaron's the only one who wears a hat like that....okay, Mirage Master wore a similar hat but why in the name of a Pikachu would he have anything to do with this?

Torkoal Stu
26th May 2006, 9:17 PM
This totally gave me a Yu-Gi-Oh vibe...>_>; I mean with the evil spirit and breaking free for a short time then going evil again but evil Ash was nice for a change.

WOW amazing they let a character own a legendary o_o; But rather Brandon than Noland I guess.

Hiding behind the ref? o_0

Ho-Oh, we're getting alot of series one flashbacks lately like in the Rocket Ep we got Kanto, Johto and Early Hoenn flashbacks, right?

But one thing, the Pyramid flew off? Those effects so didn't work did they? I mean the Pyramid just stuck out and looked wrong :/

.Bambi.
26th May 2006, 9:32 PM
Ash never lost and he never battled in this episode! Ash is possessed by King of Pokélantis Empire's evil spirit which comes from the stone ball sealed in the Ancient Ruins, and Brandon agrees to battle in order to save Ash.
Well obviously I knew that. I said it was expected that Ash would lose the Battle. Though he may have been possessed, he was using his body and his Pokemon. I don't think Ash would have been able to take Regirock down possessed or not, so...

HoennMaster
26th May 2006, 9:38 PM
I must say that even though Ash has to come back that this is better than winning in one episode. The hiding behind the ref was unexpected and I found it weird that you have a Pidgey, HootHoot, and Salamance. One just stands out in the crowd

Pika Hikari KT
26th May 2006, 9:49 PM
OMGBAKURA'SBACK!

Damn, this is worth it to download just for Rica Matsumoto returning to her second most famous role.:) It was like an episode of YGO...but the protagonist actually LOSES! What were the odds? Hold up...

Atem lost four times in the Duel Monsters series, one of which is incredibly similar to this one(Raphael). I estimate he had around 60-90 duels, so the odds were probably 1 in 100. Then again, I stink at algebra.:p

Back on topic, it's neat that the Pyramid moves around from place to place...makes it more of an actual challenge, since Brandon IS the final Brain.

...Hey, waitasec...Ash just lost to two Brains in a row first time through!:o

JazzJazz
26th May 2006, 10:46 PM
...Hey, waitasec...Ash just lost to two Brains in a row first time through!:o

I wouldn't count Ash's loss in this episode as "proper", simple because Ash wasn't really himself and we don't know what would've happened if he weren't possessed.

Flamez
26th May 2006, 10:57 PM
Seen the episode and i dont count it as a proper loss either, it wasnt ash battling it was the evil spirit. Besides sceptile was surprise as hell too when the spirit told it to use bullet seed to knock the rocks from the ceiling on regirock. And then telling sceptile to take cover behind the ref, sceptile doesn't battle like that and ash doesnt use those strategy's so you can definetly say that sceptile was a little confused, not battling in its regular rhythm. Still though i liked the episode, evil ash was the best thing and Ho-oh apearing was a surpise but good. I believe this is the first time may,max, or brock have seen it. Nice touch though introducing ho-oh to may right before her big tournament, its shame that most likely she'll lose to drew, and im gonna go off at that time.
O yea and just to add, i actually liked the fact that sceptiles first loss was to a legendary like regirock and not some random trainers pokemon. and besides as i said ash wasnt really in control and sceptile wasn't in its rhythm. Overall good episode i'd say 9/10.

ghost master
26th May 2006, 11:27 PM
Nice touch though introducing ho-oh to may right before her big tournament, its shame that most likely she'll lose to drew, and im gonna go off at that time. true but technically it was max and brock's 1st time. I also think this was something more directed for Ash. BTW does anyone know where the Pyramid is going and what he needs to do to have a rematch? I heard rumors on BMGF that it may be flying to the Tanoby Ruins in the sevii islands.

burrut13
26th May 2006, 11:37 PM
question: does anyone know if there is more than one regirock, or regice, or registeel?

Judai Yuki
26th May 2006, 11:42 PM
I believe there are one of each.

The Great Butler
26th May 2006, 11:47 PM
question: does anyone know if there is more than one regirock, or regice, or registeel?

I believe there are two at least of each. We know Brandon owned Regirock so let's assume he has Regice and Registeel as well. There's one of each, then the 'Rock, 'Ice and 'Steel that appeared in the Lucario movie. At least two of each species.

And I believe more strongly than ever that the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence were Brandon's. My reasoning is simple: Noland owned all the Pokémon at the Battle Factory, same for Lucy at the Battle Pike. Brandon owns the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence, he just allows them to live in the Pyramid outside of their Poké Balls.

Ashy Boy
27th May 2006, 12:06 AM
Ash going evil... that is quite unpleasant on so many levels. It's hardly surprising that in this state Ash abused his own Pokemon.

Geodude
27th May 2006, 12:48 AM
Abuse? No. He just had Sceptile battle in ways he/they normally wouldn't, using tactics that were much more underhanded than usual. And Pikachu was scared of Ash because of the spirit. Abuse is a much stronger word than what actually happened.

Darkstorm16
27th May 2006, 1:11 AM
I wonder where's the battle Palaces new locations going to be?

Geodude
27th May 2006, 1:13 AM
No confirmed information. *RUMORED* to be Tanoby Ruins.

Enough of that, please keep the discussion relevant to the episode.

Yamato-san
27th May 2006, 1:23 AM
And I believe more strongly than ever that the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence were Brandon's. My reasoning is simple: Noland owned all the Pokémon at the Battle Factory, same for Lucy at the Battle Pike. Brandon owns the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence, he just allows them to live in the Pyramid outside of their Poké Balls.

Actually, I don't think those ruins were part of the pyramid. Judging from what Jindai's judge said before taking off, the Battle Pyramid seems to settle wherever there's ruins worth exploring (Jindai took off because I think the judge said there were some new ruins discovered). And to answer an earlier question, no, those ruins are not part of the pyramid. I think it should be pretty obvious, with the way the pyramid had a flat base, and those ruins were underground.

And still on the subject of the ruins, Musashi pointed out something funny at the end of the episode. There was a legend behind those ruins that supposedly concerned Houou (and Rocket Dan, as well as Satoshi, went through the ruins to find Houou). As they were blasting off, Musashi seemed to make the connection that Houou, as well as Poppo, Hoho, and Bomander (the latter three all having attacked them in the ruins), are Pokemon that start with the Japanese syllable ホ "ho" (ボ "bo" and ポ "po" is kinda the same thing, which explains Poppo and Bomander). Don't know why the ruins would have a theme of a Japanese letter, but whatever. Speaking of Musashi, earlier in the episode, she picks up a Muchul statue which she thought was adorable. Nice bit of continuity, there.

Anyway, ever since the Kekking episode was announced as taking place after this, this episode was a friggin huge relief. A loss in the battle means no rushed Brain battle against a legendary within a single episode. And hey, if Jindai's off to explore more ruins, maybe there's still hope that he'll have Regice and Registeel when Satoshi re-challenges him. Though, I gotta say it was a disappointment that Jindai treated Regirock as an average Pokemon.... I don't even think Haruka's Pokemon Zukan, nor any of the characters, made mention of the fact that it's legendary (let alone be astounded that Jindai was able to catch one). It's also worth noting that the battle was stated as being one-on-one, so any theories that the legendary Pokemon would get leeway and be treated like Akane's Miltank were wrong.

Possessed Satoshi was also a bit of a let down.... I was hoping for Matsumoto Rica to talk in her sinister Bakura voice, and maybe using "ore-sama" for first-person as a nod towards her other role. Instead, when Satoshi's possessed, he seems to take on the spirit's voice instead of the spirit communicating through Satoshi's voice. The spirit seemed to be a male seiyuu, and he used "ware" for first-person. It was still pretty cool, just not quite what I was expecting. And even though Pikachu did shock Satoshi out of it, it wasn't near as much of a cop-out as it could've been (some speculated he'd be shocked immediately.... in this case, though, Satoshi was possessed for a good while, and in the end, Satoshi had to struggle to get out his command to shock him).

Those saying Satoshi wasn't in control for this battle are a little off. He did have a little control at times (those scenes where Satoshi's floating in some abyss and sees Jukain, whom he shouts commands to. He also manages to ward off the spirit momentarily).... it makes sense, really. The spirit relies on a skilled trainer to battle for him, but still manages to use his own, underhanded tactics in the middle of it all. BTW, for those wondering, the spirit had a reason to fight in a Brain battle. Jindai agreed that if he lost, he'd surrender any Pokemon he has (notice that when Satoshi first got possessed, he tried to take Haruka's Pokemon, stating that all the Pokemon are his or something to that effect). Having a lot to gain (and lose), he was desperate to get Pikachu in there after Jukain went down, even though the battle was officially over at that point.

The battle itself was pretty sweet, too. It's not often you get to see the afforementioned underhanded tactics, like using a judge for a shield, of all things (I'm surprised he wasn't disqualified for that, but I guess they never exactly state rules on the Pokemon's boundaries. Pokemon seem to cross those white lines on the arena floor all the time). Lock-on looked pretty spiffy, as well (reminds me a little of Sui Fong's skill in Bleach, in which a mark is left on the opponent's body to make it a vulnerable target).

The Big Al
27th May 2006, 1:43 AM
I'm sorry if someone has already said this but this one smacks of a Star Gate ripoff. The pyramid even looks like the ship and flies to boot. Though they also threw in some Indiana Jones for good measure. And we get a another ripoof in two weeks with the next episode.

The CGI people must have had a ball making this episode. The black aura around Ash for half the episode and all the sweet visual effects. They really went the extra mile.

And I bull's eyed (no pun intended) Lock-On. I always knew it would make a crosshairs target on the opponent. And here's where 4Kids not dubbing and this being on CN will pay off. *loathes the thought of what it would be turned into*

PDL
27th May 2006, 1:50 AM
judging by the pics, the episode appears to be tied with Ash's "destiny"... since it concerns Ho-oh... somewhat. It's quite deep for an episode of pokemon.

and did anyone notice that one of the doorways of the Pyramid looks exactly like the doorway from the ruins in "A Ruin with a View"?

Gravy
27th May 2006, 2:58 AM
Brandon : " Regirokku....;037;!!"
Regirock: "Reg. Rock."
Masato: "REGIROKKU NO ;037; DA! =O"

Hooray for headesking wordplay.

I think Brinstar summed this one up perfectly. It wasn't a disappointing episode, far from it in fact. There was just something about it that made the whole thing feel a little empty and incomplete. Like a public pool without chlorine, or a truck stop without a surly waitress.
I’m not one of these frightening Ash fangirls that have suddenly decided to pop up out of nowhere, but seeing Ash possessed and relying on some pretty destructive tactics in battle was the definitive treat. And I rather liked Brandon's somewhat brash attitude, yelling at Ash a few times and what-not.

I didn't like how Regirock was portrayed as 'just another powerful pokémon'. Now, I know Brandon is considered to be the big cheese when it comes to the Frontier Brain flock. And I know the Regi trio aren't exactly on the penthouse floor of the legendary hierarchy. But come on. I'd like a little effort put into how such a duo came to be. At least with Articuno and Noland there was a mildly satisfying explanation behind the partnership.
There was no real story behind it's capture (or indeed, HOW it was captured) were no major reactions to this legendary creature springing out of Brandon's pokéball, and overall there was really no attempt to make it seem all that special.
Hell, the group were even surprised when they discovered Brandon's title of Pyramid King. Surely Regirock, an ancient pokémon from tales of old, should have been evidence enough of this guy's importance.
So, it seems I'm still able to stick by my opinion of ‘legendary owned by trainer = crap‘.
Unless of course, they make up for this the next time we encounter the Pyramid King. But you know me...I ain't one to count on things like that ;)

BUT...that particular gripe aside, it was still an OK episode. And Sceptile fighting Regirock under the command of some psychotic ancient king proved to be pretty cool. As such a thing should~

Regirock's movie voice >>>>> Series voice.
CG Pyramid flying off into the horizon in tack-E formation = a laugh and a half.
Incorporation of in-game elements + Team Rocket = a moderately amusing brain melter.

ghost master
27th May 2006, 3:01 AM
and did anyone notice that one of the doorways of the Pyramid looks exactly like the doorway from the ruins in "A Ruin with a View"?
Yeah I noticed.

The spirit seemed to be a male seiyuu, and he used "ware" for first-person. It was still pretty cool, just not quite what I was expecting. according to Sunian he was the king of pokelantis.

BTW, for those wondering, the spirit had a reason to fight in a Brain battle. Jindai agreed that if he lost, he'd surrender any Pokemon he has (notice that when Satoshi first got possessed, he tried to take Haruka's Pokemon, stating that all the Pokemon are his or something to that effect). Having a lot to gain (and lose), he was desperate to get Pikachu in there after Jukain went down, even though the battle was officially over at that point.
Wonder why he was so desperate for pokemon? Or did he just want the regis for whatever reason.

And hey, if Jindai's off to explore more ruins, maybe there's still hope that he'll have Regice and Registeel when Satoshi re-challenges him. hmm so he off to ruins looking for something. Probally the regi's.

Pika Hikari KT
27th May 2006, 4:15 AM
Possessed Satoshi was also a bit of a let down.... I was hoping for Matsumoto Rica to talk in her sinister Bakura voice, and maybe using "ore-sama" for first-person as a nod towards her other role. Instead, when Satoshi's possessed, he seems to take on the spirit's voice instead of the spirit communicating through Satoshi's voice. The spirit seemed to be a male seiyuu, and he used "ware" for first-person. It was still pretty cool, just not quite what I was expecting. And even though Pikachu did shock Satoshi out of it, it wasn't near as much of a cop-out as it could've been (some speculated he'd be shocked immediately.... in this case, though, Satoshi was possessed for a good while, and in the end, Satoshi had to struggle to get out his command to shock him).

I just watched the episode, and I totally agree. I realized this voice was way deeper than Thief Bakura's, and therefore beyond Rica's range. Kachi very letdown.;_; But BakurAsh(I made up a nickname!) is awesome looking anyway...and like all awesome evil characters, I'm getting a shiver of excitement.(Happened with Scar, YamiTaker, Voldemort, Jafar and now BakurAsh. Don't heels rock[Taker's the only exception, since he's that way to begin with]?:D)^^

BTW, it just occured to me: Even if BakurAsh won, I don't think Brandon would've given him the badge. Why? As a wrestling fan, I know that the most known cowardly bad guy(or heel) defense when they're in trouble is to hide behind either an underling, or the referee!(JBL can be considered guilty of both accounts.:p) Since that was an act of cowardice, Brandon wouldn't have saw it fit to give it to him--after all, it's called the BRAVERY Symbol for a reason!

Also, forcing Pikachu to fight? I'm getting nostalgia of SkullGreymon...;)

Lil Brother
27th May 2006, 4:39 AM
Okay, I can not be the only one that is incredibly ticked off at May, Max, Brock, and Scott all saw Ho-oh. Ash and Pikachu are the only ones allowed to see Ho-Oh, gosh damn it! >:O Now the endings of the first and second-to-last episodes of the original series are completely bastardized. Over-exaggeration? Yes, but I still want the writers' heads in jars. >>

HoennMaster
27th May 2006, 4:42 AM
I find it stupid that the Pyramid can fly. Plus I just thought of this, So what if some trainer completes all of the other six locations, Scott tells them where the Pyramid is they get there and the Pyramid had already flown away? Does that mean Scott calls Brandon and tells him not to move until the trainer comes?

Anyway, I wish the Sceptile and Regirock battle would have been just a little bit longer. But overall I'll give this episode a 8/10

CyberCubed
27th May 2006, 5:28 AM
Since I usually point out the May-related events...

Anyone notice that May was the first character to notice Ho-oh? ZOMG! Maybe she has a connection with Ho-oh too!!!!11!!!!1

I was really surprised with Sceptile using the referee guy as a shield. That's a first for this show, and I'm surprised Sceptile obeyed, even if it seemed pretty underhanded. What if Regirock fired its Hyperbeam...would Sceptile just jump out of the way or would it pull the referee with him?

Looking at this episode, they honestly *could* have gotten away with Ash winning. Regirock was really downplayed as a legendary, and there was plenty of time devoted to the battle, (like the last half of the episode).

I'm slightly miffed about Ash losing because we waited 7 weeks for this challenge (since the Battle Tower), but I suppose it's for the best. I do want to see the other Regi's, because if it's just Regirock again for the rematch then...meh.

As long as the Pyramid rematch happens right after the Grand Festival, it's all good.

Geodude
27th May 2006, 5:31 AM
I was really surprised with Sceptile using the referee guy as a shield. That's a first for this show, and I'm surprised Sceptile obeyed, even if it seemed pretty underhanded.
Which of course was the whole point.

TwilightFacade
27th May 2006, 7:14 AM
Wowzers! What an episode. I have a feeling this episode will lead to something important. Perhaps we will get to know a little more about Ho-Oh after Ash gets the symbol.

Speaking of which last time I checked.....Pyramids didn't fly. Perhaps it will go to the Tanoby Ruins since that seems like a proper place to put it.

Brandon seems like a jack*ss. I think he needs a hug. :D

Nice to see Regirock. It looked really cool. I hope we can see Regice and Registeel in the rematch. Of course, who wouldn't?

I'm pretty sure this was the debut of Lock-on and it was pretty cool.

I can't wait to see how the dub handles Ash's evil voice. If 4Kids was going to dub this I would have bet money on Dan Green.

I was actually shocked Sceptile obeyed orders. I know that is what loyal pokemon do but still...*shrugs*

Gotta love the Indiana Jones references.

Nice theory about HootHoot, Pidgey, and Salamence, Yamato San.

Chatsy
27th May 2006, 8:06 AM
I also longed for the Bakura voice of Matsumoto Rica so I seriously seizured when I heard this old dead man's voice.
Satoshi sure hit puberty hard, eh?

Funny how Ho oh has a relation to ruins in Kanto too - Guess it just proves that it's the ultimate legendary Pokémon overall. Besides Mew, anyway.

I didn't get why Jindai had to yell at Satoshi so much, but I guess Satoshi needs a nice hard biatching once in a while XP

When the Pokélantis King guy tried to steal Haruka's Pokémon, I was a bit...meh at how Haruka tachi yelled at Satoshi for it. Like "Hey, why are you using those suddenly new dark powers like that?"
Yes sir.

The King using dirty tricks - Nice. Just shows what a prick he is.

Like others, I also felt like there was missing something in the end. We didn't get much reaction from Satoshi after the possession - only "Awww, thanks guys for being good fwiends <3". Unless I missed a bit /^^;;

This episode was otherwise very refreshing.

AcethePuma
27th May 2006, 10:18 AM
Ash losing was unexpected. Then again, I was wondering how they were going to wrap up a believable battle with so much time in this episode being spent down in the ruins.

I loled when the Battle Pyramid just flew away...didn't someone somewhere jokingly say that Satoshi-tachi would have to find the Pyramid, which was constantly changing locations. Neh?
OMG, best n00b idea ever! What if the next time Ash faces Brandon, he sends out Registeel or Regice? Then, he loses to them, and the 3rd time he battles him, he faces the final Regi? That way, we get the best of all 3 worlds! It'd be tediously exciting =D >.>

wtf ^^ nice idea ^^ maybe there will be something like lugia for the birds in the future d/p titels *shot* no i mean maybe they´ll introduce another legenderie like lugia in gold/silver or lets say like in the movie....

i doubt that it will come that way but ^^ who knows what tomorrow brings ^^

skarmachild
27th May 2006, 11:02 AM
wtf ^^ nice idea ^^ maybe there will be something like lugia for the birds in the future d/p titels *shot* no i mean maybe they´ll introduce another legenderie like lugia in gold/silver or lets say like in the movie....

i doubt that it will come that way but ^^ who knows what tomorrow brings ^^

Whats with your constant '^^'s? They're damn annoying and stupid.

I can't make a post without having a go at someone now can I?

Anyway, episode was pretty good despite my earlier predictions, yay for flashbacks. I didn't expect Ash to sound that different when he was possessed, but oh well. Now the Pyramid moves again, who's gunna tell him where it is next?

Darkstorm16
27th May 2006, 11:32 AM
I am still angry that Brandon didn't offer a re-match atleast a day after the incident.

MechaBulba
27th May 2006, 11:46 AM
A Flying Pryrimind! I know its in the future but come on! Thats just crazy. Also its a rip off of Stargate lol.

Sceptile lost pretty fast from what i can see. Thats quite shocking!

So whats going on next? will there be a rematch or is that it 4 Ash?

The Benmeister
27th May 2006, 11:49 AM
Wow, the fact that a symbol was not won just made the episode all that much better. The flying pyramid looked kind of out of place, but it was gold.

I'm quite happy with the recent streak of good episodes in this series. However, I wonder if we'll soon find out when the episode(s) featuring the actual obtaintion (is that a word?) of the final symbol.

Jikkle
27th May 2006, 1:09 PM
Meh to be honest I would've like to seen this episode with ruins but some filler character rather than make it Brandon and the BP. I don't know just after having what looks to be a good GF it will seem kind of a let down to end on the note of Ash refinding the pyramid and have a 2 episode battle with Brandon to end it.

Irene
27th May 2006, 1:13 PM
...now, THIS is the kind of thing I was really expecting... hoping, more than expecting. Okay, le's say I was praying for it D:

I guess this is one of the episodes where I'd seriously need a perfect translation. All that Pokélantis talking did indeed catch my interest, now I want to know more about that. Are all the ruins visited by the Pyramid (well, Jindai rather than the Pyramid D: ) going to be related to it? Or are they just from different civilizations every time?
I MUST know in which way the flying Pyramid is related to all of that. Is it an ancient machine built with unknown magic and science knowledge (that was probably used in ancient Pokélantis) or is it just a weird and HUGE airship used by Jindai and his nameless (?) assistent to fly here and there looking for ancient trasures?
If so, man, they're rich. Or maybe once again it was Enishida who financed it all. I'm confused. XD

I also need to stop thinking about Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water.

As for the Poppo, Hoho and Bohmander, as they were free in the ruins I highly doubt they were Jindai's.
Yamato-san's name theory makes sense, I'd also add that the sound of their cries, since it's composed of variations of the same "Ho" letter, could in a person's opinion sound vaguely similar to Houou's cry, thus leading Rocket Dan in their mistakes.
Unless I missed something and they indeed were in the Pyramid itself.

In general, good episode. Full of action, eyecandy (for me at least), plot ideas for fanfiction (again, for me at least), good music, and Ancient Pokémon paintings 8D ;142;
Even if they made Jindai sound a bit older than I expected, more in his 50s than 40's. Could've been just the seiyuu's tone though.

Brandon seems like a jack*ss. I think he needs a hug. :D

SERIOUSLY. He does.
*points to self* We have a volunteer here D:

Almighty Zard
27th May 2006, 1:19 PM
Sceptile lost pretty fast from what i can see. Thats quite shocking!

If i get berated for saying this i don't care but, this is only the fifth time Sceptile has been used since it evolved, did you really think it was going to waltz in and pound Regirock easily.

So whats going on next? will there be a rematch or is that it 4 Ash?

Let me see he already has six symbols do the math.>_>

Judai Yuki
27th May 2006, 1:34 PM
Did Ash order Sceptile to attack the ref?

ghost master
27th May 2006, 1:40 PM
Did Ash order Sceptile to attack the ref? No, to hide behind the ref.

The Big Al
27th May 2006, 2:02 PM
Did Ash order Sceptile to attack the ref?
No he ordered Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield.

Frak beaten to it.

For those complaining about the male voice, it goes back to the fact this is a Star Gate ripoff. Ra in no way shape or form sounded like a young boy like his body suggested. So, to remain consistant with the ripoff they did the same with Ash.

Judai Yuki
27th May 2006, 2:05 PM
Ohh that's so much wasted potential <<

Omega Pirate
27th May 2006, 2:09 PM
I've only looked at the Episode Pictures on the main site but the Pyramid taking off like that was extremely Stargate-esque.

Did the writers intend for everyone to know this was episode to be a Stargate rip-off or was it supposed to be secret?

Serebii
27th May 2006, 2:10 PM
No he ordered Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield.

Frak beaten to it.

For those complaining about the male voice, it goes back to the fact this is a Star Gate ripoff. Ra in no way shape or form sounded like a young boy like his body suggested. So, to remain consistant with the ripoff they did the same with Ash.
Sorry but your analogy is flawed

The Evil King that possessed Ash was using Ash's Voice
Ra's Voice was the kid's voice but altered

The Big Al
27th May 2006, 2:14 PM
Sorry but your analogy is flawed

The Evil King that possessed Ash was using Ash's Voice
Ra's Voice was the kid's voice but altered
And who's to say they didn't alter Ash's VA's voice in order to create the evil king? You'd be amazed at how much you can distort a voice.

Serebii
27th May 2006, 2:15 PM
Because it was credited as a different VA :p

The Big Al
27th May 2006, 2:17 PM
Though we are talking about a weekly half hour anime show vs. a Hollywood full length feature film. They may not have the tech to do the voice altering like in Star Gate. But I'm just saying that's the kind of atmosphere they wanted to create with BakurAsh as someone called him.

Serebii
27th May 2006, 2:18 PM
Im also referencing a weekly 20 episode-per-season 60 minute TV Show that has been going on for 10 years...for the record :p

The Big Al
27th May 2006, 2:25 PM
Im also referencing a weekly 20 episode-per-season 60 minute TV Show that has been going on for 10 years...for the record :p
But still, Star Gate and SG-1 altered the voices. The people at Pokemon brought in a guest VA. Also, in Star Gate they periodically found people who needed their voices altered. This was a one time deal in Pokemon.

SG-1 rocks btw.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th May 2006, 2:29 PM
Everything has a bigger budget then Pokemon, yet some of the bigger budgets rely too much on using money then the show's quality.

And darn, no Yami Bakura voice for Ash.

CyberCubed
27th May 2006, 2:34 PM
Pokemon *could* have a bigger budget though, it's not as if Nintendo can't spare some extra dough for some better animation.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th May 2006, 2:39 PM
I think the animation is better then most american shows though (Coconut Fred, Johnny Test).

BTW, the anime sure has been giving us alot of first series references, kinda cool I must say. Ho-oh, flashback with Ash getting Pikachu, Brock's family, Delibird, B&C, Nanba, Grunts, ect.

Poke_Freak
27th May 2006, 4:16 PM
oh no! ash has gone evil! *hides in corner*

so does he get to battle brandon again? or does he need to find the pyramid again first?

SuperShadow
27th May 2006, 4:34 PM
I've only looked at the Episode Pictures on the main site but the Pyramid taking off like that was extremely Stargate-esque.

Did the writers intend for everyone to know this was episode to be a Stargate rip-off or was it supposed to be secret?

It was Stargate and Stargate SG1 ripoff with the battle pyramid flying. I saw the pics. and aeeing Ho-oh was nice and it leads me to believe that D/P realease is permanant, THIS IS JUST A THEORY though. But how do we now they even know what Stargate actually is, seeing how a feature movie lasts 6 months but then again there's 2 Stargate series, the first 1 being around 10 years and and the next one entering season 3. I'm surprised how nobody mentioned Pokelantis and Stargate/Sg1/ Atlantis deal seeing how I'm a fan and can make strange connections there seems to be another weierd Rip off.

Chatsy
27th May 2006, 6:46 PM
Repost from BMGf because I'm lazy like that:

I'm not sure about this one, but after Satoshi tachi fell down through the ground to the underground ruins, and Satoshi decides to look around, did he just use Haruka's phrase "Kamo" thing much to Haruka's annoyance?

It seriously sounded like that. :/

S.Suikun
27th May 2006, 7:01 PM
First of all, curse my computer for taking 20 hours to get each episode. Just finished watching it. I personally thought this was one of the best episodes in the series' entirety. Evil Ash ordering Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield was hysterical. Speaking of the referee, I thought he was one of the most well-designed side characters we've seen. It was a unique design.

For an episode not directed by Iwane, the animation was pretty damn good. Many times throughout this saga, the CG has become either unnecessary or unimpressive. I thought it was used very effectively throughout this entire episode, however. I can't say I was too fond of the BGM, though. It was definitely different, and I guess it was supposed to set the ancient pyramid and eerie possession theme, but the opera house parts became a little too distracting.

V Faction
27th May 2006, 7:27 PM
I find CG to be tacky in anime. What's more, Pokemon got REAL CG-happy back around late Hoenn/early BF, changing attacks so as to mooch off of the CG wave, making it not as unique as it could have been. And nowadays, it isn't all that unique to begin with. It would be best if the Pokemon crew stayed away from it, but that's obviously not going to happen in the long run.

Anyhoo! Their attempts at prolonging the Battle Frontier life is cheap, though workable. An occurance like the Pyramid as of now might have ended with Ash getting the symbol back in the beginning of the series with the attitude they had back then. I'm glad to see that this isn't case here. While we slowly wait for giant Slakings and festivals of grandness to pass by, I can't help but wonder if Brandon will learn to not be such a hard-*** in the future.

For the sake of my interest, I hope that doesn't come to be!

Rizardon
27th May 2006, 7:33 PM
I didnt expect Evil Ash' voice to be so heavy.
Also, i wish i knew what they were saying about Ho-oh
and during the match....
Ahh well, i wonder when Ash will battle Brandon again
and if they,ll use the same Pokemon.

P.S: Seems like the next episode will be sort of a King Kong one, Slaking capturing May. :D

♥Hana.Hikari♥
27th May 2006, 7:56 PM
This is one of the episodes that I will ceratinly love for a while. The whole evil and possesed Satoshi is a great relief for me, as I thought it will never happen, in this arc anyway. I agree that the voice was a little heavy, but other than that, I liked it. YamiSatoshi ordering Junkai to hide behind the referee as a shield was a pivotal and hilarious moment for me. I hope after the GF, that the real battle with Jindai will be epic, as it is the last of the Frontier Brains and all.

The only letdown that I felt was everyone seeign Ho-oh. That ticked me off. I grew up with the sentiment, that Ho-oh is like a meaningful symbolism that bonds with Satoshi's journey, and Satoshi himself. A remembreance of how it all started, how he got Pikachu to like him, etc. Even in later episodes it was like a pokemon that Satoshi could only see, that he's made for greatness, especially in Johto when it said along the lines that Ho-oh only shows itself to worthy trainers. It contributed to Satohsi's dream. This episode blew that away, and now Ho-oh, at least to me, doesn't feel special at all anymore. Just another legendary.

Oh well.

Medea
27th May 2006, 11:00 PM
Okay, saw the episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part, there is a part of me that is very happy that Ash lost. And even though I'm not too fond of any of the Regis, it was pretty cool to see Regirock (as long as it's only one of them). And oh yes, evil Ash...

0_O

...When I heard his voice, that's kind of how I looked.

BrokenDreams
28th May 2006, 12:38 AM
From all the talk about Ho-oh when I look at the pictures I think that only Ash seem to notice Ho-oh, I mean there was no surprise look like Oh My Gosh its Ho-oh. Plus, if everyone saw, that spoils everything seriously. Well done writers, well done.

Kabuto
28th May 2006, 1:47 AM
This seems good.

- The pyramid was the final challenge after all. Maybe this'll give us a chance to see the other two Regi's in action.

- Ash possessed wasn't just a plot filler after all. It actually introduced a new way of battling after all (I laughed that he told Sceptile to hide behind the referee). Too bad Oni-Ash didn't have the pull a strategy at the last second that Ash has. Still Sceptile vs. Regirock was a good fight.

- Ho-oh reappeared! That was a surprise, but the bigger shock is that Ash wasn't alone when he saw it this time. Too bad though, because May should not have pointed it out or even seen it along with the rest of the group because I'll always think of Ash being the only one worthy.

- Can't wait for the rematch. Too bad Ash has only one opponent like the Orange league.

GreenKirby
28th May 2006, 3:11 AM
The evil spirit is a crappy battler. The fact he got to misuse Sceptile though, makes this episode bad.

Crystal Clair
28th May 2006, 3:40 AM
This episode was kickarse! Evil Ash was hot! And this comes from a girl who thinks all Ash fan girls are crazy.
That referee was cute! *_*
just one question, when Jessie usually refers to Ash, she says something that sounds like either "Jolly boy" or "Charlie boy"
Could someone please explain that to me? O_o

Yamato-san
28th May 2006, 7:12 AM
"Jari-boy". Don't know what the translation for "jari" is, exactly, but #Pocketmonsters seems to have it as "Brat-boy". It's said all the time in the English version as "twerp".

- Can't wait for the rematch. Too bad Ash has only one opponent like the Orange league.

There is no evidence, as of yet, that this is the final challenge.

Jindai and his nameless (?) assistent

His name is "Soutarou". I can tell because he's listed in the credits.

Actually, I didn't see the Pokelantis king's name anywhere in the credits (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Yamato-san/4e02a128.png). Let's see, Jindai, Soutarou, Enishida, Narration, Casting.... nope, don't see the Pokelantis king anywhere. Either 1) They altered Rika's voice for those possession scenes (or Rika really strained her throat for this episode), 2) Soutarou is actually the name of the king (but somehow, I don't see the kind of an ancient Pokemon civilization whose name parodizes Atlantis as having some common, Japanese name), or 3) The voice of the king is uncreditted (the most likely scenario).

If i get berated for saying this i don't care but, this is only the fifth time Sceptile has been used since it evolved, did you really think it was going to waltz in and pound Regirock easily.

You act as if Jukain is some newborn. It may've gained its form recently, but never forget that he trained a lot since Satoshi got him.

Repost from BMGf because I'm lazy like that:

I'm not sure about this one, but after Satoshi tachi fell down through the ground to the underground ruins, and Satoshi decides to look around, did he just use Haruka's phrase "Kamo" thing much to Haruka's annoyance?

It seriously sounded like that. :/

Yes, it's true. I watched it again and Satoshi used "kamo" at the end of his sentence "Satoshi kankentai shuppatsu kamo!" (Satoshi exploration team, head out!). Haruka replies with "Mou! Watashi no mane nanka shinai de yo!" (Geez! Don't copy me!)

While I was watching it again, I noticed another thing. When Satoshi managed to ward off the spirit momentarily, it was because Jindai called him a coward for trying to take out Regirock with the collapsing ceiling. Satoshi came out of the trance to deny it, but then the spirit took control again, saying that cheating doesn't matter so long as he wins.

Geodude
28th May 2006, 7:37 AM
Yes, it's true. I watched it again and Satoshi used "kamo" at the end of his sentence "Satoshi kankentai shuppatsu kamo!" (Satoshi exploration team, head out!). Haruka replies with "Mou! Watashi no mane nanka shinai de yo!" (Geez! Don't copy me!)
Heh, I thought he was saying something like that, but wasn't completely sure till now. That's hilarious, he mimicked two of May's quirks.

Irene
28th May 2006, 11:59 AM
His name is "Soutarou". I can tell because he's listed in the credits.*

Thanks for the info Yamato-san!

*may be a little OT, but were all the referees named in the previous Brains episodes? I only know that the Factory one was named Sugio

EDIT: nevermind. I just found out that Bulbapedia has the names and seiyuu listed when available.

Darkstorm16
28th May 2006, 11:59 AM
Every single time Ash has seen Ho-oh makes me believe now, is Ash really destined to capture Ho-oh? I mean chances are just becuase they are legendary, doesn't mean there is only one. Look at Regirock, there's the one in the movie and the one Brandon owns. So maybe there could be 13 Ho-oh's. The only reason why they are legendary is becuase of their strengths really. So maybe including Ho-oh with Ash might say that Ash might one day capture that Ho-oh.

Dean
28th May 2006, 12:39 PM
Wow regirock and evil ash? That's awesome!

skarmachild
28th May 2006, 12:41 PM
Every single time Ash has seen Ho-oh makes me believe now, is Ash really destined to capture Ho-oh? I mean chances are just becuase they are legendary, doesn't mean there is only one. Look at Regirock, there's the one in the movie and the one Brandon owns. So maybe there could be 13 Ho-oh's. The only reason why they are legendary is becuase of their strengths really. So maybe including Ho-oh with Ash might say that Ash might one day capture that Ho-oh.

Of course there isn't only 1 of the legendaries. Lugia? More than one. Articuno/Dos/Tres, theres more than one. Mewtwo is an exception because it wasn't properly born as a Pokémon, some freak of nature.

ghost master
28th May 2006, 1:06 PM
Of course there isn't only 1 of the legendaries. Lugia? More than one. Articuno/Dos/Tres, theres more than one. Mewtwo is an exception because it wasn't properly born as a Pokémon, some freak of nature. I dont know. Ho-oh maybe. They treat it like this god. They also always when talking about it refer to it as only one existing. Remember with the Johto episodes dealing about it they always talked about one ho-oh disappearing and that the Ho-oh would return.
Also there is only one set of Suicune/raikou/entei because Ho-oh reincarnated their pokemon form into a legendary pokemon.

Eddieursa
28th May 2006, 2:10 PM
Can anybody confirm if it's true that the Battle Pyramid flew to the Tanoby Ruins in the Sevii Islands?.

Almighty Zard
28th May 2006, 2:18 PM
You act as if Jukain is some newborn. It may've gained its form recently, but never forget that he trained a lot since Satoshi got him.

No i don't think that, it battled quite well and possibly could've won, if it used
Solarbeam. In a battle against a legendary you gotta throw you're most powerful attacks in there if you wanna win.

Geodude
28th May 2006, 2:36 PM
Yeah, if Ash wasn't possessed, I'd say Sceptile would've won.

Can anybody confirm if it's true that the Battle Pyramid flew to the Tanoby Ruins in the Sevii Islands?.
Nobody knows.

Yamato-san
29th May 2006, 1:26 AM
When Satoshi asked for a rematch, and Soutarou said they were ready to take off, I think Jindai said something to the effect of "Sorry, but I have different ruins to explore." No specific ruins were mentioned.

Yeah, if Ash wasn't possessed, I'd say Sceptile would've won.

the possession could've played a part, but you'd also have to remember that Satoshi never had prior experience with Lock-on, and as we've seen, Regirock's Hyper Beam proved to be a one-hit kill on Jukain. During the rematch (or some training episode beforehand), Satoshi will likely remember Lock-on and devise some sort of counter strategy for it. Don't mean to sound like I'm contradicting myself from earlier, but I was just telling Almighty Zard back there that Jukain is highly experienced despite being newly evolved. If it wasn't for the Lock-on/possession, he sure as hell could've just waltzed in there and pounded the legendary (hell, underhanded tactics aside, he put up a damn good fight. Before Jukain used Soutarou as a shield, Regirock was doing nothing but defending, and within no time, enduring Leaf Blade started to put a strain on its body).

Sunain
29th May 2006, 1:29 AM
Satoshi will likely remember Lock-on and devise some sort of counter strategy for it.

Yeah like hide behind Regirock instead of the judge this time. Heh. That way the lockon wouldnt work.

RedJirachi
29th May 2006, 4:35 AM
So did Ash win or not

hIrAm
29th May 2006, 4:45 AM
So did Ash win or not
No, he lost. There will be a few filler episodes, then he'll ahve a re-match. I think the Grand Festival for May is in between his next battle aswell.

Akane
29th May 2006, 4:59 AM
Wow...this was a great episode! I loved it! Even when Satoshi turned evil. XD But I still can't believe that The Evil King will do that to him. And boy Satoshi wasn't the same. And when he battled against Brandon...it wasn't him at all. He doesn't battle like that. Maybe I am kinda of glad that he lost because then the evil king probably wouldn't have left. Satoshi will probably will be evil forever. But I am so glad that Satoshi took over and kicked that evil king out. =D Still though, it was a nice change that he became evil. XD Loved his laugh.

Rizardon
29th May 2006, 7:46 AM
I just watched this episode and there,s still some questions remaining for me..

-When Ash got possessed and woke up later on in that weird dimension, wasnt he sort of confused? It looked like he wondered where he was, but when he saw Regirock he just immediatly wanted to battle.

-Why did Yami-Satoshi want to use Pikachu after Jukain got knocked out? Wasnt it a 1 on 1 battle or could the King just not accept his defeat?

-I dont understand Japanese that much so i even wondered if the King was a Pokemon or something since it came from a Pokeball artifact so i,m puzzled.

-What was it that Brandon said to Ash during the battle that got him so mad that he could become himself again for a few seconds?

Chatsy
29th May 2006, 10:12 AM
-What was it that Brandon said to Ash during the battle that got him so mad that he could become himself again for a few seconds?
Jindai called Yami Satoshi a coward for using the boulders to attack Regirock with, which upsetted Satoshi so he came to in order to protest but the king's spirit was too strong for Satoshi to remain as himself.

-Why did Yami-Satoshi want to use Pikachu after Jukain got knocked out? Wasnt it a 1 on 1 battle or could the King just not accept his defeat?
You just answered your own question with the bolded part.

-When Ash got possessed and woke up later on in that weird dimension, wasnt he sort of confused? It looked like he wondered where he was, but when he saw Regirock he just immediatly wanted to battle.
Satoshi was apparently not aware of the fact that his body was taken over. I think he first realised it after he broke out of the possession for a few seconds.
I believe that it was all to visualise for the audience that the king "fooled" Satoshi to believe that he was battling in order to steal battle tactics from him - not to mention get to know what Pokémon Satoshi had. I doubt that the king would've known that Satoshi had a Jukain otherwise.

-I dont understand Japanese that much so i even wondered if the King was a Pokemon or something since it came from a Pokeball artifact so i,m puzzled.
Nah, the king was an actual dude (I think the statue was of him). But how and why he was sealed in a Pokeball-like orb is beyond me.

Darkstorm16
29th May 2006, 11:43 AM
Wow atleast they are prolonging the series alittle more but it makes me think if it will probably take a while to get to the Battle Pyramid, they might not have a tournament. Also what is May going to do the rest of the time now?

Irene
30th May 2006, 9:02 PM
Uhm...

You know when Jindai talks about Pokélantis to the gang... does he mention something about being interested in Pokélantis for some reason, or is he just a explorer looking for any random ancient ruins?

...I seriously need to talk to someone who has seen this and actually understands a bit of the dialogue ^^;

♥Princess Ketchum♥
30th May 2006, 9:11 PM
i loved this episode so bad xD I Cant wait for the Dub

10/10

Almighty Zard
30th May 2006, 10:23 PM
the possession could've played a part, but you'd also have to remember that Satoshi never had prior experience with Lock-on, and as we've seen, Regirock's Hyper Beam proved to be a one-hit kill on Jukain.
I really wish people would stop blaming the loss on the fact that Ash was possesed, the moron deserved to lose the minute he touched the stone pokeball.

During the rematch (or some training episode beforehand), Satoshi will likely remember Lock-on and devise some sort of counter strategy for it. Don't mean to sound like I'm contradicting myself from earlier, but I was just telling Almighty Zard back there that Jukain is highly experienced despite being newly evolved.If it wasn't for the Lock-on/possession, he sure as hell could've just waltzed in there and pounded the legendary (hell, underhanded tactics aside, he put up a damn good fight. Before Jukain used Soutarou as a shield, Regirock was doing nothing but defending, and within no time, enduring Leaf Blade started to put a strain on its body).

Okay first of all, i did not say that Jukain was weak or inexperienced or as you put it a newborn, but i was getting really tired of people constantly thinking that just because Regirock was gonna be used that Ash was going to waltz in with Sceptile and dominate the whole match, second i hope Ash is not going to have Sceptile learn Detect, and copy tyson from the hoenn league(which i'd rather not see.), if they fight again i'm hoping Ash uses Solarbeam, cause i just went back over the pictures and unless someone is capable of understanding no-faces expressions, then i don't see any signs of straining at all, the whole boulder thing was dumb to begin with(what kind of idiot would drop rocks on a rock type), and from what i saw all Sceptile got in was one leaf blade that didn't do much other that knock Regirock back.

Gravy
30th May 2006, 10:37 PM
and from what i saw all Sceptile got in was one leaf blade that didn't do much other that knock Regirock back.
It got in two Leaf Blades, both direct-hits to the body, and both successfully causing Regirock to scream out in robotic pain and fall to it's knees.

It also used Bullet Seed and Leaf Blade earlier in the match, which forced Regirock back~

The Great Butler
30th May 2006, 11:06 PM
This episode was AMAZING, I saw the whole thing today. Really, if they wanted to, the whole idea of Pokélantis and the evil king possessing Ash could've been a movie with more fleshing out to the plot, and the token legendaries could've been the Regis. Really, the other trios have gotten their starring roles (The birds in "The Power of One," the dogs in Spell of the Unown/4Ever/Legend of Thunder) while the Regis have been relegated to back-burner status to Lucario+Mew and as Brandon's personal posessions. They deserve a shot at the spotlight of their own.

Was it just me, or did Brandon act like a real jerk in this episode? I know Ash isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but everything Brandon said in their first meeting seemed to make him angry. Not to mention the part where Ash broke from the possession just to scream at Brandon for calling him a cheater was very stupid. >_> And I could've done without the frequent extreme closeups of Brandon's face.

What exactly did Brandon say to Ash at the end, before he flew away with the Pyramid? It seemed like he was being a jerk again, but I don't understand Japanese at all so I may be wrong.

I liked the animation in this episode, and the CG wasn't bad either. The scene where Brandon recaptured the king's spirit in the Poké Ball relic.

The battle itself was great. I was expecting an instant own from one of the sides but it really was a well fought duel for both Brandon and Evil Ash.

Regirock's voice is 00ber-cool. I sure hope PUSA doesn't screw it up in the dub.

TR's scenes weren't necessary, but they were pleasant diversions from the main plot well enough. The Smoochum statue scene was funny.

Oh my god, SALAMENCE. <3 <3 <3 :D

All in all, this episode was great, and is second only to the Anabel double-bill as far as the Brain episodes go. My expectations are high for the next Pyramid episode (for which I still think Ash will catch King Slakong)

BrokenDreams
31st May 2006, 3:24 AM
It got in two Leaf Blades, both direct-hits to the body, and both successfully causing Regirock to scream out in robotic pain and fall to it's knees.

It also used Bullet Seed and Leaf Blade earlier in the match, which forced Regirock back~

Well it looks like either Sceptile is very strong or Regirock is weak.

Rizardon
31st May 2006, 7:26 AM
Well it looks like either Sceptile is very strong or Regirock is weak.

Regirock defeated Sceptile in one hit with
Hyper Beam, how can he be weak? :p

I hope Brandon and Ash will both use a different
Pokemon in their Rematch, Regice/Registeel VS Charizard/Pikachu
or something.

Irene
31st May 2006, 3:20 PM
This episode was AMAZING, I saw the whole thing today. Really, if they wanted to, the whole idea of Pokélantis and the evil king possessing Ash could've been a movie with more fleshing out to the plot, and the token legendaries could've been the Regis.

I personally think that in the Lucario movie, the Regis had more dignity than the Legendary birds in the Lugia one. I mean, I love the birds and everything, but the part the three golems played in the movie was, to my eyes, WAY better than their feathery counterparts. The birds were just DUMB, while the Regis, that are supposed to be brainless drones who protect their environment from human intruders, ended up being totally cool and in the end even "changed idea" about those humans and left them alone.
Though, of course, Suicune and Entei had WAY better parts in the respecive movies, and Raikou got that awesome special....

Still, I agree on the fact that the Pokélantis story should've been featured in a movie, hopefully starring Houou.

And I could've done without the frequent extreme closeups of Brandon's face.

I, in fact, have been very happy with them, thank you.

Was it just me, or did Brandon act like a real jerk in this episode?

It was just you.

Yamato-san
31st May 2006, 7:41 PM
What exactly did Brandon say to Ash at the end, before he flew away with the Pyramid? It seemed like he was being a jerk again, but I don't understand Japanese at all so I may be wrong.

I think Haruka said that Satoshi lost as a result of his possession before Jindai exclaimed that Satoshi lost on his own (he even called him inexperienced).

Irene
31st May 2006, 9:27 PM
I think Haruka said that Satoshi lost as a result of his possession before Jindai exclaimed that Satoshi lost on his own (he even called him inexperienced).

Before anyone start saying "OMG BRNDON HOW CULD DARE U??? ASH HAS, LIEK, WON THIS LEEGUE AND TIS..." and so on...

...Jindai certainly has MORE experience than Satoshi. Not to bash Satoshi or anything, but an adut of almost 50 years that's passed his ENTIRE own life exploring the world in search of ancient ruins and exposed to the dangers of the wild nature and such, certainly has had more EXPERIENCES than a young teenager, even a so experienced one like Satoshi. Satoshi may have traveled through three regions and many other places, but he still lacks "something" to be so-called experienced. Call it age, call it whatever you want.

(Now, don't get me wrong. I generally like Satoshi, but I keep in mind that he's a CHILD, after all. And he make mistakes children do)

The Great Butler
31st May 2006, 9:41 PM

That's what I thought.........I never did like Brandon, he'd be on the bottom of my list for favorite Brains if his hobby of archeology wasn't something I'm interested in......

Porygandrew
31st May 2006, 10:17 PM
Wow, this is probably one of the most messed up episodes of Pokemon ever. I've just got done watching it and boy did the entire episode come out of left field.

But what I don't get is if they all fell into a hole at the beginning of the episode, why isn't there a big gaping hole in the ground when the pyramid flew away?

CyberCubed
31st May 2006, 10:28 PM
It's nice that they made Brandon a "take-no-nonsense" kind of guy. I always thought he was a bit boring compared to the other Brains, so at least his arrogance toward Ash is welcomed.

Being the most powerful Frontier Brain, he should know what he's talking about. What is funny though, is Sceptile did a good amount of damage to Regirock and Brandon didn't seem to acknowledge it.

The Great Butler
31st May 2006, 10:34 PM
Taking no nonsense is one thing, directly insulting someone who A) is not inexperienced, and B) was possessed by a thousand-year evil spirit during the battle before flying away in a giant pyramid is another. But I get the feeling we're gonna be splitting hairs over this, so let's leave it at that.

I still say this episode rules. :) Ancient ruins + Evil Ash + Frontier Brain + Salamence (<3 <3 <3 :D) = awesome episode.

Irene
31st May 2006, 11:47 PM
(...)directly insulting someone who A) is not inexperienced(...)

Still, Satoshi touched an object he should have NOT touched, specially after JUST having been almost smashed by a giant boulder that HE caused to activate by touching the OhSoCute Pikachu statue ^^;

I think Jindai was mainly referring to THIS, more than the battle itself. MANY "important" trainers in all the series have often told this to Satoshi, he indeed can be a good battler if he wants to, but does the obvious mistakes a CHILD do. And oh, I won't repeat this again ^^;

I'm really trying not to bash Satoshi, but it's hard not to state the obvious when I say that Satoshi is still an inexperienced kid.

Opal Pikachu13
1st June 2006, 2:17 AM
I liked this episode. Evil Ash was awesome! I didn't like when he was trying to force Pikachu to fight after Sceptile got knocked out though. Brandon was a pretty good battler from what I seen. I knew Ash was going to lose, in that evil state of his, for he probably would battle using Sceptile alot better than when he was evil. But good episode though.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
1st June 2006, 3:31 AM
I seen this episode, managed to find it somewhere, but I loved possessed Ash. Even though it was HIS own fault since we all know he still like a kid and does not know to touch something that you may not know. Brandon was all right but I think he an idiot. If he owns the damn pyramid, (hello it flies) why the hell he would have some 1000 year old spirit in his own damn pyramid. Does he want to possessed his own challengers? That right there got me thinking.

Satoshi
1st June 2006, 4:04 AM
If he owns the damn pyramid, (hello it flies) why the hell he would have some 1000 year old spirit in his own damn pyramid. Does he want to possessed his own challengers? That right there got me thinking.
The ruins where Satoshi got possessed by the evil king WERE NOT part of the Pyramid.

It was just an underground dungeon that Jindai was currently exploring (how would you explain Jindai exploring it at the beginning of the episode? He was exploring his own Pyramid? That would be sorta' stupid if you ask me o_O).

PokemonTrainerLisa
1st June 2006, 4:17 AM
I watched this episode yesterday, and I've gotta say that I really loved it. I mean, at first, I didn't like the idea of evil/possessed Ash, but they actually pulled it off in a way where it worked, so I liked that. And also, evil Ash didn't do anything that was way too out-of-character for Ash, so I was glad about that. My favorite part was how May, Max, and Brock helped bring Ash (Satoshi) back to normal and helped him realize what was happening by calling his name out. And I loved the fact that he told Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on him. That was a smart thing to do, and I'm not sure if I would've thought of it had I been in that awful situation. :)

And also, I really hope that when this episode gets dubbed, they use the original voice actors. I would love to see how Veronica Taylor does the voice of 'evil Ash'!! ^^

It would be very interesting to see how see manages giving him that voice. I wonder if it would be just like Ash's voice, except with a much lower, and evil sounding tone to it or something......

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
1st June 2006, 4:19 AM
The ruins where Satoshi got possessed by the evil king WERE NOT part of the Pyramid. It was just an underground dungeon that Jindai was currently exploring (how would you explain Jindai exploring it at the beginning of the episode? He was exploring his own Pyramid? That would be sorta' stupid if you ask me o_O).

Yeah duh it would be stupid, but that what I saw. Ash, May, Max, and Brock fell in the beginning underground, wait a minute, so your telling me the ruins aren't part the pyramid, there seperate. Whoa my bad, I had to see it again, I thought they were together. It looked liked it since there right there next each other and it seems. This is why I don't like to say anything, I always feel like a retard and stupid, but what I seen. But how did Brandon knew to open the chamber in the part Ash fell in before he found the evil spirit. Thats got me thinkin' like that before I was off.

Jolteon Jordan
1st June 2006, 4:40 AM
wow and I thought a possessed Pikachu was kinda cool, but a possessed Ash? that sounds cool. I can't wait till this episode airs.

Heracross
3rd June 2006, 9:19 PM
Eww, what possessed them to re-animate the first episode flashback? Houou flying over the rainbow looked terrible. :/

Joe
3rd June 2006, 10:11 PM
Yami-Satoshi's laugh was fecking hilarious. xD Haahaahaaahaaahaaa!!! And what was with Brandan shouting 'CAAAA' or something every now and then? Somebody wanna fill me in? >>;

Yami-Satoshi telling Sceptile to go behind the ref was priceless. The look on Sceptile's face was gold, and then Regirock, being a kind-of-robot, just not stopping it's attack without command. =P Awesome.

Team Rocket in this episode was kind of pointless. Oo Wtf were they there for? And don't tell me comic relief, cos them getting pecked isn't funny. >>; Jessie saying 'kawaii' was actually kinda cute. O.O; I'm going insane. xD

Yamato-san
4th June 2006, 6:03 AM
man, seeing as the anime isn't gonna reference Rika's other role as Bakura, I guess my odds of seeing that Perfect Blue reference have dropped to, like.... more impossible than it already was, I guess (as if I'll really see Satoshi go insane and try to stab someone with a parasol on this show). Hmm.... always room for a Houshin Engi reference, though (for a trainer that uses an electric elemental, I'm surprised this never happened yet).

Hey, is it just me, or is Pokemon Symphonic Medley turning out to be another over-used song? First it was Ready, Go!, then I've seen comments on Battle Frontier playing a tad too much. Now, I'm getting that feeling with Symphonic Medley.

Being the most powerful Frontier Brain, he should know what he's talking about. What is funny though, is Sceptile did a good amount of damage to Regirock and Brandon didn't seem to acknowledge it.

What about Lock-on? He could acknowledge Jukain's strength, but he sure as hell can't acknowledge not devising a way out of there.

Still, Satoshi touched an object he should have NOT touched, specially after JUST having been almost smashed by a giant boulder that HE caused to activate by touching the OhSoCute Pikachu statue ^^;

I think Jindai was mainly referring to THIS, more than the battle itself. MANY "important" trainers in all the series have often told this to Satoshi, he indeed can be a good battler if he wants to, but does the obvious mistakes a CHILD do. And oh, I won't repeat this again ^^;

I'm really trying not to bash Satoshi, but it's hard not to state the obvious when I say that Satoshi is still an inexperienced kid.

I wonder... after this whole ordeal's over, what are the odds that Satoshi's still gonna make several childish mistakes? Unless the D/P region plans to redesign him to look and act even more mature, much as Advanced Generation did, I just see this as being a repeat of his multiple attempts at learning to use the environment to fight. Anyone remember the episode "Hakuryuu Shows Up For 5 Seconds! Heigani, Overshadowed by Crap?!" (don't expect a parody sub of this)?

pharaohguy530
4th June 2006, 2:22 PM
Its a great episode, I watched it on youtube, and it was so cool. Seeing Regirock and Team Rocket being attacked by a pidgey and hoothoot (also Salamance) was cool.
When Ash was turned evil, at first i thought, "WHAT?!?!? ASH IS A SHADOW POKEMON?" Then I realized that could never happen, unless he was like Evice with the shadow influence on him. But an ancient spirit taking control of him....I can't wait for the english version, but then again, maybe japense is better since they are going to have that new dub, and Ash will sound like Luffy from one piece........

Pokemon Fan
8th June 2006, 5:52 PM
This doesn't mix well with the cultural symbolism Ho-oh expresses.

In both the pokemon version and in the phoenix legends Ho-oh is based on, it appears to special people with special destinies, pure of heart, unique etc. There is no reason to think Ash is destined to capture it.

And really, I don't see it letting Brock and the others see it as ruining its importance in the series. Its not like Ho-oh can make itself only visible to Ash when it descends from the clouds. It arguably semi-appeared to Misty and Brock back in "For Ho-oh the Bells Toll" in Johto when they saw its power rays from the sky helping Suicune undo the damage to the area.

Ash remains the first person to see Ho-oh in centuries and that remains important.

CyberCubed
8th June 2006, 6:09 PM
The difference here is May pointed it out. She spotted Ho-oh first and told the others, one would suspect that Ash would be the first one to spot it.

BrokenDreams
8th June 2006, 9:53 PM
Yah it would be better if Ash spotted Ho-oh instead of May.

Pure
16th June 2006, 8:15 PM
Yeah, but maybe it poses some symbolism for May, too?

Also, the whole thing with Team Rocket was kind of stupid, but at least Pikachu didn't send them flying.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
18th June 2006, 5:28 PM
i adored this episode *__* and i love evil ash =P

Rizardon
18th June 2006, 6:09 PM
The point is, i always thought Ho-Oh only appeared to the
truly great trainers. But now that May, Max and Brock saw them,
does that mean anything for them? Or is it only for May, since she
spotted him?

IcyKerpymon
25th June 2006, 7:18 PM
I didn't understanded:
did Ash won the Symbol?

Rudoku
25th June 2006, 7:29 PM
I didn't understanded:
did Ash won the Symbol?
Yes, because we all know that getting possessed, cheating and still getting defeated earns you the symbol.

Satoshi
25th June 2006, 7:31 PM
I didn't understanded:
did Ash won the Symbol?
I didn't understanded:
Did you even watch the episode?

-_-

Judai Yuki
25th June 2006, 7:46 PM
Hmm i wonder what would've happened if Satoshi didn't tell Pikachu to shock him.He probably just would've done it anyway.

WaterDragon trainer
7th December 2006, 1:28 AM
This episode was awesome. It was great to see Brandon. I've been anxious to see this episode for a long time. Regirock was awesome, although I thought the new voice was slightly cooler than the one in the Lucario movie. "Evil Ash" was kind of weird, yet a little cool. Although unimpressive, it was cool to see Lock-On in the anime. It was cool to see Ash snap himself from his possession.

chosen_one386
7th December 2006, 1:50 AM
This episode was awesome! Here are my points...

1. Brandon's voice suited him very well. I laughed every time he yelled, "NO!" at Ash and the others. I don't know why that was funny to me. o_0

2. I also couldn't help laughing when Ash got possessed. I laughed when Pikachu got possessed in the Groudon/Kyogre two-parter, but that was because the plot sucked. This time I laughed because I found the evil voice funny... I don't know why... o_0

3. AWESOME digital effects, especially when the Battle Pyramid flew off.

Hikozaru390
7th December 2006, 1:52 AM
Brandon sounds like he's voiced by a wanna-bee Dan Green.

Please note that the only Dan Green voice I like is from the Viva Pinata commercial.

Brandon's voice<Dan Green<Anything else.

I guess you could say I didn't like Brandon's voice.

-HaXeR-
7th December 2006, 1:54 AM
Just saw this episode, not bad. Kind of a let down of how it just took 1 thunderbolt to snap him out of it though.

Brandon, regirock, and the kings voices were all pretty good. I was afraid that theyd make brandon sound like an old man.

Uber_Gengar
7th December 2006, 2:01 AM
Brandon is too serious. NO. Also Regirock's voice is cool. And I finally found out it was pronounced Reh-ji-rock not Reh-gi-rock

BOUYSEL'S BEST FRIEND
7th December 2006, 2:03 AM
When Ash told pika to shock his friends pika refused. Ash tells pika to shock him pika does. Pikachu would rather attack its trainer than some people it does not have a close bond with??? The other thing is so stupid I'm am not gonna say it.

Scizor22
7th December 2006, 2:07 AM
I really dont care about may and the grand festival I just want to see ash battle brandon again and wouldn't the hoothoot pidgey and salamance die because they were locked in before team rocket came? It seems like it was yesterday I watched my first battle frontier epesoide when ash wins his last symbol I think I will cry its so sad

Horn Drill
7th December 2006, 2:31 AM
Yeah, I also found it odd that the Pidgey, Salamence, and Hoothoot could survive in those chambers for centuries. O_o

The evil Ash thing was kinda cool, but I think they could've done more with it. They really missed an approtunity there by making him change back to normal in one episode.

Dark Star
7th December 2006, 2:47 AM
It extremely pitiful that TR had to run from a Pidgey! Also, the door that TR used to open their chambers might have not have been the only door and they are flying type Pokemon so they can fly out and therefore survive.

Evil Ash and Brandon both had excellent voices.

I now know why Sceptile went behind the referee. When I saw the episode pictures, I thought he was attacking the referee but now I know that he was using him as a shield. I wish Sceptile put up a better fight though, he got KO'd by one Hyper Beam. Finally, what was so unfair about Sceptile knocking all the rocks on Regirock? It is just using the battle field like Pikachu zapping out of the lights in the previous battle.

Pokemon Fan
7th December 2006, 3:25 AM
When Ash told pika to shock his friends pika refused. Ash tells pika to shock him pika does. Pikachu would rather attack its trainer than some people it does not have a close bond with??? The other thing is so stupid I'm am not gonna say it.
You weren't paying close enough attention. The king was telling Pikachu to zap the others, Ash broke through his control and told PIkachu to zap him. Pikachu knew this was Ash's plan to break free so it obeyed, simple as that.

It extremely pitiful that TR had to run from a Pidgey! Also, the door that TR used to open their chambers might have not have been the only door and they are flying type Pokemon so they can fly out and therefore survive.
There are multiple entries/exits, how do you think Brandon got in otherwise? What TR and Ash used on entry and exit (for TR) were just holes blasted in the roof or caved in.

FYI, in the original version there was some joke or pun about the names of all the pokemon in the ruins (which obviously wouldn't work in the English version) which I think Meowth was talking about when they blasted off (note his wondering expression doesn't really match with some of the annoyed words the dub has him say in it).

Finally, what was so unfair about Sceptile knocking all the rocks on Regirock? It is just using the battle field like Pikachu zapping out of the lights in the previous battle.
I think the main point was you shouldn't try to kill your opponent in a battle, and Ash took advantage of the lights going out, he didn't purposely cause it to happen. Even if he did there is a big difference between using the battle field to avoid damage or increase the effectiveness of your attacks and actually using pieces of the battle field (or roof) to physically harm your opponent (unless you're using Rock type moves I suppose).

Of course, that begs the question of the brutality of that other Brain's Shiftry trying to bury Sceptile in rocks underwater, but plot holes are nothing new.

The only thing that has been made explcitly clear is that if a trainer puts a pokemon in a battle where it could die or be seriously injured then that trainer is more at fault then the one actually having their pokemon do the damage (i.e. back in season one where Blain said that if Ash had continued to battle Magmar with Pikachu when it was so close to falling in the lava then he would have lost his pokemon license) not that that really applies here as Regirock was never in any danger from that collapse.

<><><>

Interesting expansion on the legends of Ho Oh. One wonders if this evil king was the person who sent the evil men to the Tin Tower in Johto to try to capture Ho-Oh (after his kingdom was destroyed by it in his previous attempt), and in turn caused the bird to leave the world of man for three hundred years, or was an entirely seperate event all together. Also interesting how he sealed himself into that sphere when he failed to capture Ho-oh (to extend his life beyond the grave), propagating a legend that he had captured it and hoping to one day be freed to try again (people would search for the sphere and free him because they thought it contained Ho-oh).

ShinyManafi
7th December 2006, 3:26 AM
I jumped when Brandon yelled "NO!" for the first time, lol

Evil Ash was pretty funny too and everyone's reactions were lol

BattleFranky~40
7th December 2006, 3:28 AM
I jumped when Brandon yelled "NO!" for the first time, lol

How, exactly? His "NO!"s weren't loud at all.

Korobooshi Kojiro
7th December 2006, 3:31 AM
FYI, in the original version there was some joke or pun about the names of all the pokemon in the ruins (which obviously wouldn't work in the English version) which I think Meowth was talking about when they blasted off (note his wondering expression doesn't really match with some of the annoyed words the dub has him say in it).

Houou.
Poppo.
Hoho.
Boomanda?

Eh, HootHoot and Ho-Oh's original names are very close, so yeah.

Geodude
7th December 2006, 3:36 AM
Brandon is too serious.
He's supposed to be.

Korobooshi Kojiro
7th December 2006, 3:39 AM
Ruins are SERIOUS BUSINESS!

I love, what I thought, was a AYBABTU reference in this.

Darkness Angel
7th December 2006, 4:04 AM
That this eppy was great though i thought Brandon was a jerk at times.

Burnt Naetoru
7th December 2006, 4:38 AM
Well, great ep. Just finished watching it. However, it seemed a bit like filler to put some action in before the festival. I just hope they don't mess up that.

S.Suikun
7th December 2006, 4:39 AM
That this eppy was great though i thought Brandon was a jerk at times.

Nah, Brandon's just like "RESPECT MAH AUTHORI-TAY BIATCHES!"

Now for my typical BGM discussion. The original had a lot of tracks that had this "epic ancient" feel to them. The dub kept some of it, mainly in the first half, but it was all replaced during the battle. I've given up trying to understand these random inconsistancies. Whatever.

Well, great ep. Just finished watching it. However, it seemed a bit like filler to put some action in before the festival. I just hope they don't mess up that.
How was this filler?

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
7th December 2006, 6:41 AM
Nah, Brandon's just like "RESPECT MAH AUTHORI-TAY BIATCHES!"

Now for my typical BGM discussion. The original had a lot of tracks that had this "epic ancient" feel to them. The dub kept some of it, mainly in the first half, but it was all replaced during the battle. I've given up trying to understand these random inconsistancies. Whatever.

Actually, the dub excluding the Beginning Title's Screen, they kept about 2 or 3 of the background music. The part where Ash became possessed by the spirit and the very end. I think there is one more, don't remember. I watched the episode recently and compared to the Japanese version, the dub pretty much toned it down. But of course they kept some of the sound effects. To add the voices were great.

The episode overall was good still, but it was less dramatic to me the tone of the episode went. Team Rocket was funny as always, and poor Ash he was called coward. I was busting out laughing. But touchy, touchy, since Ash loves to touches things and look what happened, he became evil. (I gotta watch for that, I do that too still)

S.Suikun
7th December 2006, 6:45 AM
Actually, the dub excluding the Beginning Title's Screen, they kept about 2 or 3 of the background music. The part where Ash became possessed by the spirit and the very end. I think there is one more, don't remember. I watched the episode recently and compared to the Japanese version, the dub pretty much toned it down.
Yeah, that's why I said some of it was kept, like when Ash first stumbles into the king's chamber. (I also just rewatched the Japanese version recently.)

I haven't commented on Brandon's voice yet, so I think I'll go over to the VA topic right now.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
7th December 2006, 6:49 AM
^^yeah, but barely much, u know how dubbers go on these days, but you watched the Japanese version, did the episode to you feel different in a sense of the way the background music went to you?

S.Suikun
7th December 2006, 6:59 AM
Lemme fire it up real quick and skip to the battle to check...

Okay, the part of the battle where Regirock busts out of the fallen boulders is where the weird "chanting" theme comes in. I think that's where the episode starts feeling differently. It makes it feel somewhat more "epic" than your ordinary Pokemon battle, and also kinda sets the eerie mood of the episode.

It's not like the dub completely suffered with the BGM change, though, just like how it usually doesn't. While apporpriate music can generally add to a scene, it usually doesn't make or break it.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
7th December 2006, 7:10 AM
^^yeah, ok, just wanted to ask, but even though were dealing with a pyamid, evil spirit, and crazy ancient story, at least some of the dub music actually made some scenes more different and better, like the falling rolling boulder scene. But I do agree, that music could hold an impact of the scenes. I gonna have to come back to you about the battle from the dub since I since the episode once in the English version.

Medea
7th December 2006, 10:49 AM
Just finished watching whatever I taped last night...

-Once again, Ash's arrogance...See, that's exactly why I never liked him, EVER.
-Brandon's voice was just as I imagined it...PERFECT!
-I saw the Japanese version a couple of months ago and the voice for the king was enough to scare me half to death. This one, not as much. But it was creepy don't get me wrong.
-Haha, Ash stole the "May's Travel Show"
-Even though I hate all of the Regis, Brandon's I will make an acception for (I have my reasons and you'll see what I mean when Ash battles him again)

That's about all.

Knight_Ram
7th December 2006, 9:13 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [ quote by Barndon of the battle pyramid ]

I thought that was pretty funny, since he said it and it shut everyone up lol. The first time I heard his voice, I was kind of dissapointed but was getting use to it and by the end of the episode it was actually getting better.

Ash was so annoying! If he had only listened... stupid kid! Oh well. his problem that he lost anyway! but I was kind of thinking about what would happen if that evil king bet Brandon.
1. Who could stop him?
2. Does he have an army?
3. Dont you think that since there are people that can beat Ash like tyson and Gary and people like that, that they can defet this king that is within him?

Those are the kind of question that made me wonder throughout the episode. But it never happend so yeah. The battle was pretty funny. Evil king using the ref as a sheild lol, now thats funny!

Ashs friends could of atleast tried to smack some sense back into Ash while that evil king was in Ash. But they didnt so oh well...Also a little cheesey how Ash and the crew get to see Ho-oh but no one else does. 8/10 for me.

Pokemon Fan
8th December 2006, 4:42 PM
1. Who could stop him?
2. Does he have an army?
3. Dont you think that since there are people that can beat Ash like tyson and Gary and people like that, that they can defet this king that is within him?
He had magic powers (like that aura that was trying to grab everyone's poke balls), and he would have likely just focused on building his power again, gathering followers etc. really he had no idea what exactly he would do since he had no idea how long he had been sealed away, no knowledge his followers were all long dead and such. All he had was anger and blind ambition.

Ashs friends could of atleast tried to smack some sense back into Ash while that evil king was in Ash. But they didnt so oh well...
I don't see how that is, they tried to talk to him a number of times.

Also a little cheesey how Ash and the crew get to see Ho-oh but no one else does. 8/10 for me.
Not really when you consider Ho-oh is a Chinese/Japanese phoenix, creatures that voluntarily appeared only to certain people.

jolteonjak
8th December 2006, 8:20 PM
This episode was just meh for me. Both Ash and Brandon seemed like a-holes to me.

Jorah
8th December 2006, 11:04 PM
Brandon was hilarious "NOOOOOO!" and I couldn't help laughing at certain Ash-possessed parts

Scott: But Ash is one step away from becoming the Battle Frontier champion!
Ash: You're wrong, my only goal is to become the ruler of the entire world
Scott: Uhh...

Judge: The challenger, Ash of Pallet Town, please come forward!
Ash: Never! I am the ruler of this world and the King of PokeLantis!
Judge: *sweat drop* OK...

Team Rocket: That little Ho-Oh's worth a lot of dough-oh

Heh, I thought the tune was cool. I thought the music when Ash went in to find Ho-Oh was cool too. And I liked the music at the end. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was the music for going to Victory Road in G/S/C

CyroEmerald_Z
8th December 2006, 11:58 PM
This was one of the wierdest episodes i have ever seen. Ash seemed way to cocky, thinking he can take on Ho-oh easily.
It was really lame the way the King was defeated so easily.

.::Cyro::.

Super-Staff
9th December 2006, 12:11 AM
Let me just comment...

That I bet if 4Kids still had rights to Pokemon, they probably would have added in all sorts of cheesy Yu-Gi-Oh jokes, maybe even have Dan Green voice act for the King of Pokelantis. XD Yeah, that's just a thought.

Juputoru
9th December 2006, 12:21 AM
-"NOOOOOO!" just isn't the same as "KAAAAAAAAAAAAH!". Although NOOOOO is good in its own right.
-I see they managed to make TR's mistakes believable(since the whole "the names of all the Pokemon they found sound like Ho-oh in at least one syllable" thing doesn't make sense with the English names)
-About time we see a someone that doesn't tolerate some random kids wandering around a dangerous place. Well, other than Lance waaaaay back in Johto(although he relented after a while >>)...
-Don't you just love how the ref gives Ash a standard intro and then a fancy one for Brandon?

Geodude
9th December 2006, 12:25 AM
-Don't you just love how the ref gives Ash a standard intro and then a fancy one for Brandon?
Why wouldn't he? Doesn't seem important to me.

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 12:48 AM
No!!! I missed the episode!!! I hope it airs agian soon =[

CabbyFish
9th December 2006, 1:06 AM
This is a great episode. Team Rocket keeps making those mistakes with all those pokemon that appeared. I just loved the way Brandan said, "Noooooo!" He was very well cast indeed. The Pokelantis king was also very well cast, and very well evil. I sure wouldn't want to be stuck with him in a dark alley. The battle was also good on Brandon's part using it to help save Ash. I like Team Rocket's comedic lines in this episode. I love the fact that Pokemon USA and TAJ went the extra mile and let Regirock and the wild pokemon keep their original voices. Great work!

Mythic Mist
10th December 2006, 12:58 AM
I still wish this was a two parter. Or something that carried on throughout the rest of the battle frontier. Would have been neat.

Sceptile Master
19th December 2006, 9:11 PM
At the end where (back to the wonderful first episode) ash remembered seeing Ho-oh for the first time..... I loved that part. It was just so good. On my GameBoy Advance SP I watched the first episode of pokemon after I was done watching "Battiling The Enemy Within!"

Yes if you get this thing that looks like a normal GameBoy Advance SP but has pokemon episodes on it you can watch them on your GameBoy.

wobbanut
25th December 2006, 11:00 PM
Whoa. I don't think I've had an episode of Pokemon truly disturb me, except for maybe "Brave the Wave" (the way Ash yelled at his teammates after he lost), but this episode really did. It was a very good story, but seeing possessed Ash put the referee in danger like that, and get yelled at so much by Brandon (I really hated that guy), was really tough to watch. I liked the shadow pokemon-like effects, and the red background of real Ash like hyper mode in Colloseum/XD (I just could not get those games out of my mind from the pictures or the episode), and I loved the running gag of Team Rocket setting off all the traps, plus AWESOME computer animation, but the overall storyline was just disturbing. I also take exception to regirock getting covered in rocks is cruel (well, it IS a rock pokemon, after all, I'd feel different if it was, say, Lugia or Moltres), while the referee bit WAS evil.

I did love Scott's line, though: "Sounds like Ash has a sore throat". LOL :D I also liked May being upset about Ash copying her Expedition bit (thank the gods they haven't done that lately).

Overall, 9/10, taking off a point for traumatizing me.

aipom_fan
26th December 2006, 7:45 PM
It's kid of a wierd episode, but it was still good. It was kind of wierd that show a episode like that. Anyway i give it a 8.5.

Ashy Boy
19th April 2007, 8:12 PM
I knew Brandon would be a very tough Frontier Brain to beat, but I didn't think he would be strict to the extent of shouting at Ash.

Megaranger
22nd October 2007, 2:56 PM
LMFAO! Brandon is hilarious! I just LOVE the way he kept yelling "NOOOOO!" It had me laughing at the edge of my seat :D

Evil Ash pwned! The battle was utterly hilarious! That "WTF" look Sceptile had on its face when Ash told it to get behind the referee was rich! I couldn't stop laughing at that part :D

Overall, a brilliant episode! But I could imagine Misty to be more worried about Ash than May was. But still:

May: Ash, you keep on talking like that and I'm going to blush!
Brandon: NOOOOO!

... XD

Tron Bonne
2nd November 2007, 6:10 PM
So YTV finally aired this episode this morning, and I loved it. Evil Ash was so hot and creepy at the same time. One thing I didn't like was how everyone saw Ho-oh. I was kind of hoping that Ash would be the only one to see it. Also, I found it strange how Ash didn't really say much about being posessed. He did realize that he was and said thanks to everyone....but if I had just been taken over by some 1000 year old evil spirit, I would have...been a little more shocked than Ash appeared? And I would feel invaded/violated xD

I lauged when Ash told Sceptile to go behind the ref, and Sceptiles expression was awesome. Just shows that even his Pokemon know that's not the way Ash battles.

XxabridgedgirlyxX
19th August 2008, 1:23 PM
I must say that even though Ash has to come back that this is better than winning in one episode. The hiding behind the ref was unexpected and I found it weird that you have a Pidgey, HootHoot, and Salamance. One just stands out in the crowd

Well yeah in japanese they made a running gag of it because all the japanese name's of salamance, hoothoot and pidgey sound similar to ho-oh

Ash4Lyf
16th November 2008, 4:29 AM
omfg i luv this ep so much XD
when i first saw this properly [the actual first time was when i was getting ready before school and the first thing i saw was evil ash talking to the others after being possessed before he used his aura thingy to get their pokeballs] i killed myself cheering for an actual evil ep unlike the others like 'The Scuffle of the Legends' or something like that.

good points
-ash possessed X3
-an adult actually strict enough to yell their head of at ash
-sceptile hiding behind the ref
-the fact that his pokemon know that it isnt him from the way he battles
-ash being called a coward X3
-ash being dumb enough that he thinks he can actually fight a ho-oh
-ash getting powers
-ho-oh appearing at end of ep

bad points
-ashs arrogance
-team rockets parts [only cause it sorta ruins the whole evil thing they got going there
-king of pokelantis being a total jerk to ash, sceptile, pikachu... well, just about EVERYONE
-way after the ep[so far] they dont make any reference to him being possessed or having a little bit of the king left in him[which would make a great ep, possibly a two parta]
-ep not being a two parta

my score - 10 X3

Purin
29th November 2008, 8:35 PM
This is one of my all time favorite episodes. Seeing Ash being possessed by the spirit of an evil king was pretty awesome. I just wish that it could have lasted for more than one episode and also Satoshi's voice should have been kept during possession... hearing Rica put on an evil voice would have been way more interesting than some random guy voicing the King instead. (Of course, when it comes to the dub, opinions may differ...)

Still, I love this episode!

Tadashi
10th December 2008, 8:36 PM
Ehehe... I really loved this episode :D Evil!Ash was the best thing ever. I was literally hiding behind a pillow. That evil laugh was great, but also terrifying.

Plenty of great strategy from the Evil King, I'd say. "Aim for Regirock's legs." Some would call that a cheap shot, I think it's brilliant. Pokémon is all about honing your skills, so attacking the opponent's weak spot is a great idea... at least to me. And lol, "get behind the referee!" Some dodgy language there ;D

I loved this episode! Loved it!!

Shadow_Lugia_XD001
12th December 2008, 5:12 PM
wow i saw this episode for the first time a few days ago, and i loved it ^_^ i was loling at the 'That little Ho-Ho's worth alot of dough-oh!' and the strictness of Brandon and all his NOOOOO!'s :D
i think possessed ash should have won so then it could have been an awesome two parter, where the king could steal regirock then use it to steal more away from their trainers and then a final battle should have taken place with the rest of Brandons pokemon-3 on 3 maybe?

9.5/10 certaintly one of my favourites :)

adelove25
1st January 2009, 11:44 AM
ash should have told sectpile to use sloarbeam

Torpoleon
3rd January 2009, 3:47 PM
If Ash didn't go nosing around other peoples pyramids and didn't get the king of Pokelantis inside of him he might have won. Awesom! A Ho-oh, haven't seen one of them in a long time! But this was a great episode. How would Pikachu help against Regirock? The King of Pokelantis is kind of dumb.

adelove25
10th January 2009, 1:10 AM
ash should have used sectipliles solarbeam

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 10:59 AM
Possessed Ash was really interesting. But how he didn't get the Frontier symbol was really annoying. They just wanna make us wait so long :/

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 1:08 PM
i never understanded those regi's to be honest, meh, anyway it was a good episode too bad he didn't get the symbol.

Littlemyuu
10th March 2009, 4:10 PM
I love evil Ash....haha
it was a great episode after all

the1stpkmnfan
16th March 2009, 3:19 PM
A pretty interesting episode to watch indeed, and I loved to see Ho-Oh again that wasnt on a finale episode. Man, will Ash ever learn?

katfairy
16th March 2009, 7:48 PM
While I admit Ash wasn't too bright, running off and grabbing stuff like that (doesn't he watch Stargate:SG1?), Mr. I-Am-A-Frontier-Brain-So-I-Know-More-Than-You-Ever-Will rather annoyed me. He struck me as being more arrogant than Ash at his worst, and seemed to be going out of his way to push Ash's buttons. If someone treated me the way that guy treated Ash, I'd probably have reacted the same way, only with a few caustic remarks added for good measure, because people that arrogant usually can't teach anything worth learning except as an object lesson to not be That Guy.

Blue Snover
20th April 2009, 10:59 AM
This was a good episode even though Ash lost.

I felt sorry for Sceptile, it didn't want to battle the way it was being told to, but at the same time it didn't want to disobey Ash.

catzeye
5th May 2009, 12:45 AM
This has to be one of the best episodes in the HISTORY of pokemon.

Good Points

Ash gets possessed: It's about time something happens to him. I love him he is a fave of mine but for the most part he stays relatively unharmed. He's the one always saving others. It was time for someone to rescue him.

Ho-oh: You can't really go wrong with having Ho-oh in an episode like that. It is almost as if it appeared just to mock the king's spirit saying "Nanana Boo-boo, you can't catch me!"

Sceptile vs. Regirock: A nice fight to get Sceptile back on track. Sure it lost but this had to be one of the most interesting battles I've ever seen from Pokemon.

Hiding behind a referee: Pure evil genius! It was about time the writers came up with a villain that showed sociopathic traits. We don't get to see anything like that afterwards until Hunter J.

Team Rocket not interacting with "twerps": It showed how they can get into trouble without having to bother Ash and his friends. Plus this allowed the writers to not use TR as a easy plot device to solve the evil spirit problem. It would be too easy just to have TR blow up and have Ash get knocked senseless. Ash being out cold would force the spirit out.

Bad Points

Possessed Ash only being for 1 episode: They had Pikachu possessed for 2 episodes. It would've given a little background to why Pokelantis fell, and allowed more people to feel the wrath of a clearly ticked off thousand-year old spirit.

Everyone seeing Ho-oh: It was supposed to be an Ash-only thing. Now it's not. Sad...

There are very little complaints with this episode. Granted I don't complain much about Pokemon anyways. Like I said earlier one of the best episodes ever. I give this 10/10. The bad points are just too small to deduct much from this episode's rating.

milenadrg
15th May 2009, 4:24 PM
I liked episode, it was really funny, especially when TR was attacked buy a Pidgey and Hoot-hoot... Brandon was really cool, too...
I liked the fact we saw Ho-oh again... :)

Ash-kid
16th May 2009, 3:08 PM
Why Ash didn't asked for a rematch? this wasn't a match....

CyberCubed
18th May 2009, 1:59 AM
This episode being nearly 3 years old is really something. Feels like it happened only a little big ago.

HoennMaster
18th May 2009, 3:38 AM
Why Ash didn't asked for a rematch? this wasn't a match....

"I want to battle you again!"

"But please"

He did, just differently.

pokeguru
22nd May 2009, 8:48 PM
Sceptile using Bullet Seed on the ceiling to trap Regirock was illegal?

Torpoleon
24th May 2009, 5:02 PM
If Ash wasn't being possesed, he most likely would have won. This is because he was using a Sceptile against a Regirock. Sceptile has the advantage, but it lost to the killer Lock-On-Hyper Beam Combo.

Shadow XD001
1st June 2009, 12:33 AM
Ash got possesed by the King of Pokelantis because he was snooping around in someone's "house." Ash probably would have won, or lost either way with Lock on and Hyper Beam, so it doesn't really matter.

cg_25
23rd June 2009, 10:42 PM
I loved the part:

Battle Judge: "The challenger Ash of Pallet town will Pelase come forward!"
Possesed Ash: "Never, I am the ruler of this world and the King of Poke-lantis.
Pikachu: (looks upset) Pika...?
Battle Judge: (looks confused) " Uh, ok?!" (then continues to speak)

This is definitely my favorite dialog up to this point in the anime.

XxpikapikaxX
26th July 2009, 4:13 PM
This is an awesome episode. Poor Pikachu had no idea what to do, the possessed Ash said not to Thundershock him, the real Ash (he came back for like 10 seconds) said to shock him to get him back, and May, Brock and Max were preventing that. Poor Pikachu!

XxpikapikaxX
26th July 2009, 4:14 PM
This is an awesome episode. Poor Pikachu had no idea what to do, the possessed Ash said not to Thundershock him, the real Ash (he came back for like 10 seconds) said to shock him to get him back, and May, Brock and Max were preventing that. Poor Pikachu!

Possessed Ash was pr

XxpikapikaxX
26th July 2009, 4:17 PM

Possessed Ash was pr

XxpikapikaxX
26th July 2009, 4:19 PM

Possessed Ash was pr

XxpikapikaxX
26th July 2009, 4:23 PM

Possessed Ash was pr

catzisconfus
13th August 2009, 9:09 AM
something unnatural happened in this episode, it is not really something for pokemon to do this but the fact that this is rare for pokemon made this episode better than usual. it was something different for a change.
also, the appearance of a legendary pokemon is always exciting ^^

Surfer_Dude
26th September 2009, 12:20 PM
Ash was nuts here. Telling sceptile to hide behind the referee when regirock attacked :(

Surfer_Dude
26th September 2009, 12:21 PM
Just watched this episode today.
All in all its an awesome one!

Lorde
20th November 2009, 7:51 AM
I've always wanted to see Ash's darker side in the anime, and we got to see it in this episode, which was pretty awesome. It was a nice twist, seeing him all possesed by an evil King since it reminded me of that older Kanto episode about the cursed ancient artifacts. Apart from that I enjoyed Brandon and Regirock, though I was disappointed that Ash's Sceptile easily lost to Regirock. Nice to see the writers remember Ho-Oh as seen at the end. 7/10.

eryyy
23rd November 2009, 4:59 AM
I loved this episode!
Without a doubt, this is the best episode from the whole Battle Frontier season and the whole season was really good.
I always wanted to see a darker side of Ash. This episode rocks.
9.5/10

Willow's Tara
30th May 2010, 8:41 AM
I love this episode too since it's pretty cool and odd, it was interesting to see Ash possessed from the King of Atlantis. They sholuld really do more episodes like that where we see the character's darker side. Brock/Dawn's dark side anyone? (Or if they bring Misty/May/Max and make them possessed), anyways good episode Possessed Ash was quite ruthless ordering to attack the ref with Sceptile.

I could have sworn I made a post in here already

saar
27th June 2010, 4:51 PM
If Sceptile was more relaxed, I think Brandon's Regirock would have been defeated, Ash was not guilty about it.

The fight wasn't the best part in the episode since it wasn't so good, I have loved that Brandon told friends about the legend of Ho-oh. Besides, I love legends stories. It's epic to hear about these things.

Caseydia
19th November 2010, 11:21 PM
I liked this episode but it would have been alot better if a few things happened.

1. If Brandon's voice wasn't so hard.

2. If the possesed spirit inside Ash was a more better battler than I would have respected it better.

3. Ash has never been called a coward. Arrogant yes but not that. Ash is always protecting and saving people and Pokemon. Brandon needed to know that. Plus his friends are no angles neither doing the same crap.

Another thing is that Brock seemed to forget that when Ash was battling him for the boulder badge, Ash told Pikachu to shock it when the sprinklers went off. But as soon as he saw Skeptile doing almost the same dirty trick to Regirock then he says something. But back then, he gave Ash credit. Hmm.

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 10:14 AM
Why doesn't Ash use strategies like the king of Pokelantis did? Sceptile aiming for Regirock's legs.... and usin bullet seed at the ceiling

Painkiller2001
8th January 2011, 3:03 AM
Wow, and I thought possessed Meowth some episodes back was creepy...

I had a feeling Ash wouldn't get his seventh Frontier Symbol already. I've seen the episodes "Aipom & Circumstance" and "Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight" before this and, if I remember correctly, there's some dialogue in it (either by Ash or the narrator, can't remember who says it) that mentions Ash's seventh/final frontier battle "coming up soon".

G50
27th April 2011, 12:55 AM
This episode was ok and scary... Ash was acting as 1 evil dude in this episode, wow. It was cool to see Regirock in this episode. Ash definitely learned valuable lessons in this episode. It was great how Ash was able to break the trance all by himself by having Pikachu attack himself. Ash was definitely careless which definitely led to him being possessed.

40/100

Caseydia
29th February 2012, 4:01 AM
This is the best episode ever! I wanted to see Ash evil for three more episodes in that voice.

silent_control
29th February 2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe an exorcism would've been useful too.

Vernikova
25th September 2012, 8:13 PM
Ash truly is a stupid kid in this episode. There's really nothing else to say about this. Brandon is as competent as ever.

LizardonX
29th September 2012, 3:29 AM
Damn Regirock is powerful, it hasn't lost a single battle onscreen.

PokemontrainerY
8th July 2013, 12:37 PM
This was an awsome and interesting episode, I loved it when the King of Pokélantis possessed Ash and he turned evil. Dark Ash was quite cruel when he was ordering Sceptile to attack the reffere. It's great that he was able to break free from the spirit by telling Pikachu to use thunderbolt on himself. Overall this was a fantastic episode.