PDA

View Full Version : More spoiler precautions

SUBRICK
25th May 2006, 10:01 PM
I love this website, I really do.

I also appreciate the spoiler warnings placed next to... spoilers.

But everyday I come here I fear new screens of D/P will be revealed on the front page. I really want D/P to be as much secret as possible to me.

So instead of putting the pictures, you could put a "WARNING" pic. instead and anyone who truly wants to see the screens can just press the link.

It may sound selfish of me, but when r/s came out, I had not discovered the Internet yet. A game is definitely better when you dont know what to expect. So my suggestion is to place another type of spoiler warning that doesn't show the pics right away.

Kal-El
25th May 2006, 10:51 PM
That could be done with simple Javascript although some browsers might not support it.
That could be why Serebii doesn't do things like that.

EDIT: But since he just implemented a new Javascript button for spoilers on forums...

Psycick Potato
25th May 2006, 11:03 PM
You do have a point, if this website shows a too many spoilers about D / P, then you might know everything about the game before it comes out. That would ruin the game, and put you in possible boredom.

Skrusti
26th May 2006, 12:15 AM
...Why the hell do you come to a website that says it has all the latest news on D/P if you don't want to SEE news on D/P?

If you don't like it, go now and bookmark the pages on Serebii.net you most frequent so that way you don't HAVE to see new pictures. Joe isn't going to bow down to your whims. There are more people that want to see new game info than those who don't. Trust me, this question has been asked a multitude of times before, and has been shot down each and every time.

Fiery Blaziken
26th May 2006, 12:42 AM
...Why the hell do you come to a website that says it has all the latest news on D/P if you don't want to SEE news on D/P?
Look at the left sidebar.

Make an observation.

There's other info besides the stuff on DP.

Maybe Subrick wants to see all the anime info, but doesn't want DP, becasue he/she wants to play it for themself.

Ever think of that? D:

SUBRICK
26th May 2006, 12:46 AM

If you don't like it, go now and bookmark the pages on Serebii.net you most frequent so that way you don't HAVE to see new pictures. Joe isn't going to bow down to your whims. There are more people that want to see new game info than those who don't. Trust me, this question has been asked a multitude of times before, and has been shot down each and every time.
I usually just frequent the forums. Serebii isn't just about D/P news. I mentioned in my post that I was being a tad selfish, but I'm not exactly making any demands either, so bowing down to my every whim is kind of an exaggeration. And can I know why exactly has this idea been shot down multiple times? I mean, I'm not asking to stop spoilers completely, just the pictures that link to them.

Chris
26th May 2006, 10:03 AM
Joe pretty much gives enough warnings as is that there are spoilers ahead. It's not his or any of the forum's staff's fault if you decide not to follow said warnings.

Omega Pirate
26th May 2006, 10:56 AM

There is other things on the website other than news about D/P, sheesh.

SUBRICK
26th May 2006, 8:36 PM
Well, I've already seen a picture on the D/P info. As long as I dont click the links, there shouldn't be much more I can find out. Unless Joe puts a picture of all the next gen pokemon on the front page. XP Putting a spoiler warning right next to it won't make a difference. Meh. I guess this topic can be closed.

Chris
29th May 2006, 9:27 AM
Okay, allow me to point something out.

What grabs more attention?

SHOWING a hint of what's to come or simply STATING what's to come? When D/P was announced, everyone was fairly excited. Once screenshots and Pokemon were revealed, everyone was extremely excited and activity here boomed more than the simple announcement of them coming.

We all knew new Pokemon were coming. We all knew screenshots of the progress of the game were to come. What grabs everyone's attention is SEEING how far along things are coming. That's what gets everyone's attention.