PDA

View Full Version : Eragon RPG

/Exiled/
30th May 2006, 1:17 AM
I just finished the 2 eragon books, and I love em. So i'm thinking of making an RPG. It would kind of take place in a seperate time line, but with the same world.
Right now I have the idea that there would be these dragon rider academies being set up everywhere, after the dragons had been replenished, and the dragons started picking they're new owners. But the villan is not what youd expect. A rogue dragon that accidently killed his partner goes into a deep depression. Soon the dragon stumbles upon evil and becomes a shade dragon. The spirits convince him that he shouldnt be the only one to suffer, and that he should kill every other dragon.

You play as a student who just got their first egg and you slowly grow aware of the evil as you gain power.

Thats what I have so far. Please comment and help me out.

Yami Ryu
30th May 2006, 7:01 AM
You know that sounds so much like the books >_> it's not funny. If you can't be original and think up you're own plot, don't rip off the books. ._. oh he accidently kills his partner. How. By flammethrowering him? Sitting on him. Tossing him off while in the air?

I'm sorry but already I smell your rp is going to be a bad one.

<<

Bandana
30th May 2006, 7:38 AM
Finally I found an Eragon/Eldest one! But what if it was before Galbatorix was evil or when Galbatorix had just become evil? Because, from what I remember, they never said who the other riders were but a few Dragon names were mentioned in the first bit.

/Exiled/
31st May 2006, 12:24 AM
well Yami Ryu, thats the basic part of the plot I had, And you should be able to tell this is a work in progress. And also There is a twist, lots of them but it would ruin the story if i told you.

Yami Ryu
31st May 2006, 6:00 PM
Still, couldn't you have gone for something more original than 'Partner of so and so dies, surviving Partner turns evil from insane rage at losing Partner, and decides to A: Kill all the humans or B: Kill all the dragons' which seeing as your evil thing is a dragon, wtf would he want to genocide his species?

And if it's the humans he wants dead, how is he going to go around doing that seeing as, well I doubt the other dragons would allow this to happen, and either have banished him or killed him the moment he dared tried to hurt a human.

Let alone one of their own.

And how is it only the newbies are the only ones that slowly grow aware of the evil? Or is it more of the rp plot you can't tell.

I'm sorry but, just because it's the basic part of the plot doesn't mean it has to feel like a rip off of the story.

/Exiled/
31st May 2006, 10:26 PM
well again, this was my first idea please if you give critique also give some suggestions. And the dragon wants to kill the other dragons because it believes others should feel its pain. I could tell you the deep twists in the plot line, but it would ruin the rpg.

Yami Ryu
31st May 2006, 11:26 PM
well again, this was my first idea please if you give critique also give some suggestions. And the dragon wants to kill the other dragons because it believes others should feel its pain. I could tell you the deep twists in the plot line, but it would ruin the rpg.

Alright so it killed it's human/elven partner, yet the ones it wants to feel pain are the humans? .. that .. is just too MUCH like the book. Even if it had been the dragons it wanted to make feel the pain of loss, it'd be such a rip off, but it'd be less so. Get my drift? I suggest you try and come up with your OWN idea for the RP.

Look, plot twist or not, the basic outline of the plot is weak and shakey. I suggest you read some other books, RP's whatnot, to get inspiration for a better plot. Like mesh things together for a try at something that doesn't make your RP sound like a rip off of the Eragon books.

Bandana
2nd June 2006, 8:30 AM
Hey. What if it was set in another country? Didn't they talk about them in the books, but didn't say anything too specific. And it gos something like the country was overrun by dragons and all the other beings had to hide from them etc etc.
So some people go off to Alagaesia because of legends of humans and elves interacting and befriending the dragons. Maybe the riders and the dragons could stop the wild dragons destroyuing all the other races in their country? But the legend was old and when they get to Alagaesia they find out that only Eragon, Galbatorix and Murtagh are the only ones with dragons, making things look grim for them. And what turned into a quest to seek aid pulled them into a war that didn't even involve their own country?

J

katiekitten
2nd June 2006, 8:35 AM
Then delete the post. :)

I like the sound of an Eragon RP, but you should listen to Yami. She has some really good advice.

...shouldn't this be in the RPG ideas thread? *points to sticky*