PDA

View Full Version : by any chance... (YGO)

kalkris
30th May 2006, 10:44 PM
does anybody at all play helios? I mean, its a godly powerful card. It has hardly any drawbacks, especially being in a RFG deck, and the supports (macro, grand convergence) really help it out. Duo says "It CAN (can being the main word here) be Special summoned" by sacking the first helios, but it says nothing about other methods of summonig it. And, Grand Convergence is a burning Dark Hole! Why do so few people (at least in my neighborhood) play helios?
~Lil Kalki

Alfonso
30th May 2006, 10:56 PM
Gran Maju De Eiza is better because you can mill your deck out of play easily than doing the same to both decks. (You and your opponents.) I run a RFG deck with Gran Maju De Eiza, the Helios' and Macro Cosmos and it works a dream. Way too fast, and it's way too easy to get Gran Maju up to 4000+ attack.

Raito
30th May 2006, 11:08 PM
When a Top Player in the US or UK wins or Top 8's a SJC or Nationals with that decktype. Everyone will be playing it. Besides, it's probably best to wait until Tris Megistus comes out.

Alfonso
30th May 2006, 11:15 PM
When a Top Player in the US or UK wins or Top 8's a SJC or Nationals with that decktype. Everyone will be playing it. Besides, it's probably best to wait until Tris Megistus comes out.

Yeah :/ I'm not looking forward to that. I'm starting now so people don't think that I'm some sort of netdecking git.

Seriously though I've tried it and it's amazing. So many cards are rendered useless. CoTH, PB, Sangan, all the other searchers, Dark World... I love it.

Raito
30th May 2006, 11:22 PM
That's why people are thinking about running more RFTDD and more Removal. Which I'm doing both. Alfonso, do you have AIM, I would love to AIM duel you.

Judai Yuki
31st May 2006, 12:59 AM
I run a RFG deck it's 64-0-5 but i would'nt run that card though.

FireKero!
31st May 2006, 3:14 AM
It's not a necessary card, but it's great in RFG/D.D decks.

But don't forget it's rarity and card set. That's a possible reason why no person in your meta plays it.

Judai Yuki
31st May 2006, 3:51 AM
Um it comes in a 30$ game anyways why doesnt everyone just use Yvd?

Mikau
31st May 2006, 1:59 PM
What game do you get Helios in? I have seen it in the anime. But I'll have to agree with Alfonso that Gren Maju Da Eiza is better. I have one and a Soul Release in my old deck.

Raito
31st May 2006, 7:48 PM
Um it comes in a 30$ game anyways why doesnt everyone just use Yvd?
IP ADDRESS

It comes in Ultimate Masters if I'm not mistaken

cameronius
7th June 2006, 5:57 PM
Yeah it does. Some kids I know have that game but don't like the cards. I got three of Helios, Duo Megites, and Homonuculus! All I did was trade away holos that I have too many of. Now, all I gotta get is Macro Cosmos.

Pika Hikari KT
7th June 2006, 11:03 PM
Gran Maju De Eiza is better because you can mill your deck out of play easily than doing the same to both decks. (You and your opponents.) I run a RFG deck with Gran Maju De Eiza, the Helios' and Macro Cosmos and it works a dream. Way too fast, and it's way too easy to get Gran Maju up to 4000+ attack.
Agreed. Hard to believe this thing is only a three star(and therefore gets under the binder cards) when placed in the correct deck!;) But the FullNeko Alchemist's(:D) RFG(remove from game) monsters are a good alternative if you can't get a hold of Gren Maju(and I believe he's pretty common).

EmbersBackUpSinger
7th June 2006, 11:04 PM

I agree with you a ton!!!^^

FireKero!
10th June 2006, 8:10 PM
Agreed. Hard to believe this thing is only a three star(and therefore gets under the binder cards) when placed in the correct deck!;) But the FullNeko Alchemist's(:D) RFG(remove from game) monsters are a good alternative if you can't get a hold of Gren Maju(and I believe he's pretty common).

FullNeko Alchemist? As in the user on pojo?

Are you by any chance this FullNeko?

Little_Pikachu
12th June 2006, 12:17 AM
At first my friends got the game and tried to make decks around Helios, then EOJ came out and now Macro cosmos and Grand Convergence have sparked a RFG deck making trend, but no one seems to be bothered about putting Helios in them anymore.

Alfonso
12th June 2006, 1:31 AM
At first my friends got the game and tried to make decks around Helios, then EOJ came out and now Macro cosmos and Grand Convergence have sparked a RFG deck making trend, but no one seems to be bothered about putting Helios in them anymore.

Not really.

You'd be surprised how many people aren't playing Macro. Kinda sad, really. My deck dedicated to Macro is just delicous though... I love it. <3

"Oh, and yeah. My Gran Maju De Eiza has 8000+ attack"

^ Something I get to say a lot ^_^

Pika Hikari KT
22nd June 2006, 6:12 PM
FullNeko Alchemist? As in the user on pojo?
No, I meant Daitokuji/Banner, duh! FMA parody and all...Neko means cat, BTW.>^.^<