PDA

View Full Version : My deck......Need major help befor JUNE, 21st...PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Light Venusaur
2nd June 2006, 4:14 AM
(I've gotten over 27 reply's on pokebeach...but I want the most help I can get!!!)
THIS IS MY MAIN DECK THAT I USE ALL THE TIME!!
NEED HELP WITH IT ASAP PLEASE!!
THIS IS THE DECK THAT I'M GOING TO USE FOR THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS IN JUNE!!!
I WANT TO KEEP THIS PURE WATER!!!
My Misty Revenge Deck.....(I don't want Goldeen/Seaking, Magikarp/Gyarados)
Pokemon:
3x Horsea (trr) ;116;
2x Seadra (trr) ;117;
2x Kingdra (trr) ;230;
3x Corsola (ufo) ;222;
4x Totodile (ufo) ;158;
2x Croconaw (ufo) ;159;
2x Gatr (ufo) ;160;
1x Gatr Ex (ufo) ;160; ex
1x Suicune (pop2) ;245;
1x Lapras (LM) ;131;
1x Kyogre (emerald No.15) ;382;

Train:
3x copycat
3x Celio's Network
2x Island Cave
2x Holo Scientist
2x Rare Candy
2x Mr. Briney's Commpassion
2x Curse Powder
1x Oak's Research
1x Professor Birch
1x Holon Farmer
1x T.V. Reporter
1x Warp Point
1x Battle Frontier
Energy:
16 x water energy
MUST BE HIDDEN LEGENDS ON!!!

Cipher 2008
2nd June 2006, 2:13 PM
A one-type deck in Nationals? Big risk! Though with a deck like that...little less of a risk.

If you've got another TRR Kingdra, switch it with one of the Corsola. A 3-2-3 line would work well there, and Corsola ain't that great.

Light Venusaur
2nd June 2006, 10:37 PM
A one-type deck in Nationals? Big risk! Though with a deck like that...little less of a risk.

If you've got another TRR Kingdra, switch it with one of the Corsola. A 3-2-3 line would work well there, and Corsola ain't that great.
I only have the 2x Kingdra....

Cutiebunny
3rd June 2006, 3:06 AM
Eliminate Corsola.

Add one more Croconaw and 2 more water energies. I personally think your deck is energy challenged and you might find yourself pulling trainer cards when you need energy cards. I always like to have around 20 energy cards per deck and a way to get energy when I need it. However, since you're only working with one kind of energy, it does make things a tad easier.

Still...have only one type of Pokemon may make things difficult for you. It might be better to have some colorless types around just in case.

Shiloh Phoenix
3rd June 2006, 4:53 PM
NO. geez how many times do I have to tell you people, 16 energy is the most you ever want. if you could get 2 more gatr ex, you could try this:

pokemon 15
4 jirachi DX
4 totodile
3 croconaw
3 gatr ex
1 gatr UF

trainers: 30
4 rare candy
4 swoop teleporter
4 prof. elm's training method
4 island cave
4 rocket's admin
3 steven's advice
3 TV reporter
2 warp point
1 pokemon retreiever

energy: 15
4 boost
11 water

that'll get you pretty far.

Light Venusaur
3rd June 2006, 11:00 PM
NO. geez how many times do I have to tell you people, 16 energy is the most you ever want. if you could get 2 more gatr ex, you could try this:

pokemon 15
4 jirachi DX
4 totodile
3 croconaw
3 gatr ex
1 gatr UF

trainers: 30
4 rare candy
4 swoop teleporter
4 prof. elm's training method
4 island cave
4 rocket's admin
3 steven's advice
3 TV reporter
2 warp point
1 pokemon retreiever

energy: 15
4 boost
11 water

that'll get you pretty far.
I WANT TO KEEP THIS DECK PURE WATER....so no sub-types plz! ;003;

NateDawg161992
4th June 2006, 12:33 AM
Jirachi never attacks it just gets cards in the beggining.

Esperante
4th June 2006, 1:48 AM
You can "want" your deck however you want, but that just means you'll have to sacrifice winning. You pretty much have to play jirachi or something of the like.

Cipher 2008
4th June 2006, 1:46 PM
You can "want" your deck however you want, but that just means you'll have to sacrifice winning. You pretty much have to play jirachi or something of the like.

I agree. If I had the deck you originally posted, I'd put some Fighting- and Fire- type Pokémon in it. Gives you much more of a chance.

EDIT: Indigo Champion!! WOO!
And yes, I'm gonna do this every time.

Shiloh Phoenix
4th June 2006, 6:10 PM
I WANT TO KEEP THIS DECK PURE WATER....so no sub-types plz! ;003;

your funeral.

Headshot-Jackal465
7th June 2006, 10:56 PM
Having a one-sided deck in a competition is very dangerous no matter how good the cards are.

Also, I tend to dislike having more than one Macro-evolution chain in my decks. If it has to evolve twice, try to leave out more than one "family" of them.

I also tend to favor decks without singles. Having oner of a card is too jmuch of a risk--especially if its a really necessary card. If it ends-up in your prize pile, you're in trouble.

Not bad though. Just needs some fine-tuning.

Oh--and I would add a few energies myself...nothing's worse than having your best pokemon active, but in an energy drought...

Light Venusaur
8th June 2006, 8:17 AM
Having a one-sided deck in a competition is very dangerous no matter how good the cards are.

Also, I tend to dislike having more than one Macro-evolution chain in my decks. If it has to evolve twice, try to leave out more than one "family" of them.

I also tend to favor decks without singles. Having oner of a card is too jmuch of a risk--especially if its a really necessary card. If it ends-up in your prize pile, you're in trouble.

Not bad though. Just needs some fine-tuning.

Oh--and I would add a few energies myself...nothing's worse than having your best pokemon active, but in an energy drought...
;003;;003;;003;;003;;003;;003;;003;;003;;003;;003; ;003;;003;;003;;003;
Thank You, ur the 1st one that was truthful! (even from beach)

Headshot-Jackal465
9th June 2006, 3:56 AM
no problem--its a solid deck, but it just has its little kinks. Some people say that there aren't enough energy, but I say better more than less. I've had way too many energy droughts so I tend tyo put in around 22 and trainers that could allow you to search your sdeck for cards you need, so you can get that card you need when you need it while still getting a constant influx of energy.

And I like that Lapras is in there--he's a haymaker even though most people don't see him as one, and its always good to have at least one haymaker in a deck even if its not a haymaker deck so you can seize control of the game early on.
Ive seen people use more than one macro-evolver (basic-stage1-stage2) in decks and do just fine, but from my experience, it just became too much of a hassle...one more thing to worry about, you know?

Im so glad I could help, good luck when the competition comes!

Shiloh Phoenix
19th June 2006, 5:00 PM
no problem--its a solid deck, but it just has its little kinks. Some people say that there aren't enough energy, but I say better more than less. I've had way too many energy droughts so I tend tyo put in around 22 and trainers that could allow you to search your sdeck for cards you need, so you can get that card you need when you need it while still getting a constant influx of energy.

And I like that Lapras is in there--he's a haymaker even though most people don't see him as one, and its always good to have at least one haymaker in a deck even if its not a haymaker deck so you can seize control of the game early on.
Ive seen people use more than one macro-evolver (basic-stage1-stage2) in decks and do just fine, but from my experience, it just became too much of a hassle...one more thing to worry about, you know?

Im so glad I could help, good luck when the competition comes!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

how many times do I have to scream this at you people before it sticks?! 16 is the MAX number of energy in a good deck.