PDA

View Full Version : Return of Abyssion *punch and chips are provided*

Kev Chi
2nd June 2006, 7:13 PM
Okie Dokie. Here's the cafe for your explaining needs. I saw most of the people who signed up have played the game, but if you haven't, pretty much anyone here can give you an idea of what the game is like. Anything else, just ask. :D

Also, if you got ideas for some of the moves or spells your going to use, list them and I can make a master list in this post.

Raider Phoenix - Aeon Cruxis
Demon Fang
Tempest
Beast
Hurricane Thrust
Sonic Thrust
Sword Rain:Alpha
Sword Rain:Beta

Razor Leaf - Misah
Summon: Wolf (No Element)
Summon: Night Raid (No Element)

Tifa Lockheart - Kurama
Pyre Seal
Summon: Demon Hawk (Wind)
Summon: Demon Wolf (Ice)

Kairi - Pavelle Siele
First Aid
Photon
Ray
Nurse

Inner Flame - Sapphire Gem
Guardian
Fireball
Lightning
Wind Blade
First Aid

Jerichi - Rico Talmar
Fireball
Icicle
Lightning
Aqua Edge
Stone Blast
Wind Blade

Kev Chi - Kev Chi
Demon Fang
Sonic Thrust
Stone Blast
Wind Blade
Lightning

Suteki Kishi Saber - Melunas Syrenisis
Keiri ("Executioner")

Raider Phoenix
2nd June 2006, 9:39 PM
Kev would it be alright if I use all of Lloyd's T-type and S-type techs?

Sonozaki Maya
3rd June 2006, 2:32 AM
I've got a massive list of all the techniques I created before hand somewhere. I can post them in their current state (I put it in levels learnt only, though, I'll leave out the other unnecessary stuff).

SKILL LIST:

Lv01 - Keiri ("Executioner")
Melunas somersaults into the air and slams his katana through the middle of his opponent.

Lv04 - Choushindou ("Great Oscillation")
Melunas gathers a lot of pseudo-mana energy and uses it to create a spiralling wave which can hit an area of enemies.
[Reference to Tales of the Abyss]

Lv07 - Kyokubiha ("Infinitesimal Wave")
Melunas slices into the air several times creating a long, dragging wave which stays there and ends after several seconds.

Lv12 - Fukyuu Jishin ("Everlasting Benevolence")
Melunas raises his blade and then purple lightning strikes the enemy from above. Similar to Super Lightning Blade but it is a ranged version.

Lv16 - Zennou Aenaiha ("Tragic Omnipotent Wave")
Melunas releases a fierce energy blast that is shaped somewhat like a bird, and it is purple, crakling with pink electricity. A stronger version of Beast (iof Lloyd/Presea)

Lv22 - Rakuraisen ("Thunderbolt Spiral")
Melunas calls upon the skies' power to bring down heaven's judgment in the form of a spiralling thunderbolt. A weaker, but larger area version of Indignation.

Lv42 - Hakanai Tsuyu ("Transient Dew")
Melunas creates a circle that is fashioned after a beautiful spring and dewdrops fall within it, gradually healing allies. Stronger version of Healing Wind.

Lv74 - Shugorei no Inori ("Guardian Spirit's Prayer")
Melunas creates a temporary barrier reducing all damage taken to some extent. An extremely weak version of Guardian, and more effective than Barrier.

Lv99 - Getsumeizan ("Moonlight Murder")
Melunas slices into the enemy thrice, releasing trails of deadly moonlight that sear through the enemy.

Lv144 (original: 220) - Yuuutsubu no Yaiba ("Melancholic Dance of Swords")
Melunas goes into a rage and then does an elegant dance on the target, slicing, dicing, slashing and impaling into it for a total of ten nasty hits.

Lv179 (original: 255) - Shikai Baraen ("Lifeless Rose Garden")
Melunas enchants his katana with poisonous powers and then flawlessy strikes an enemy's vital point, poisoning it and dealing significant damage.

Lv220 (original: 699) - Kanmu Ne... ("Sweet Dreams")
Melunas swiftly attempts to decapitate an opponent, either slaying it instantly or dealing quite a bit of damage. More often than not, Kanmu Ne fails.

Lv255 (original: 700) - Ariake Yume ("Dawn Dream")
Melunas' ultimate skill. Melunas firstly somersaults over the opponent and impales it, before carrying it up into the air, still stuck on the katana, before Melunas calls upon purple lightning to strike it down on the katana, which charges it with electricity. Melunas then tosses the poor target into the air off the weapon, before leaping up and appears to be transient in the sense that he dashes through the enemy whilst attacking, seemingly to appear as if it were a dream. Finally, Melunas falls down behind the enemy and smiles, the enemy down. Enemy gets stunned.

I had to tweak the levels to fit the ToS-esque levels. Original levels are to give you a taste of how long it WOULD take to learn it. I also omitted quite a few original magicks, but he is able to learn:

Healing Wind, Thunder Blade, Air Thrust, Tornado, Explosion, Tidal Wave, Ground Dasher, Dreaded Wave and Nurse.

Kev Chi
3rd June 2006, 3:02 AM
Raider: That'll be fine. :) Just list the ones you have currently, and then as you gain power over time, you can list them as they come.

SKS: Those are fine. :) Can you tell me which ones you currently have? (I'm guessing only the first one seeing how the RPG hasn't even started o_O)

Also, I plan to provide a link to some music when a certain battle happens, just to give you some motovain(sp?) while writing. If it doesn't work, o well. If you dislike/like the idea of this, state your opinion. :)

Sonozaki Maya
3rd June 2006, 3:21 AM
Most likely just Keiri, the first one. Seeing as it hasn't even started yet. XD

Raider Phoenix
3rd June 2006, 3:28 AM
Alright here's the ones I'm starting with. The whole music idea is actually very good. Also it's motivation.

Demon Fang
Tempest
Beast
Hurricane Thrust
Sonic Thrust
Sword Rain:Alpha
Sword Rain:Beta

I hope those are fine.

InnerFlame
3rd June 2006, 4:04 AM
Skill that my character currently know

Guardian
A green force field envelops Kratos/Zelos.

Fireball
A couple of Fireballs, wowzers.(Love to burns some buns :D)

Lightning
A bolt of lightning strikes at the enemy from above.

Wind Blade
The air around the enemy suddenly begins to slash away at it.

First Aid
First Aid without rubber gloves or CPR. (Rarely ever use)

Spiral Cut
Spins around slashing any enemy within the area.

Quick Slash
Getting in close quickly slash opponent.

Skills that I will learn

Eruption
The ground explodes with waves of fast lava, dealing damage while also sending the enemy up.

Air Thrust
A large area of air around the enemy suddenly begins to violently slash at the enemies in the area.

Thunder Blade
A large wad of lightning is materialized into a sword; it strikes the enemy, creates a large area of impact, and then shocks everything inside that area.

Hell Pyre
They jump backwards after slashing at the enemy, and whilst in the air, their weapon shoots out a fiery shot which upon contact, explodes.

Lightning Blade
A powerful stab onto the opponent brings out a large lightning bolt from the sky.
-----

I'm going to make-up own sword skills attacks later... so are we meeting anywhere specific?

Kev Chi
3rd June 2006, 5:03 AM
Skill that my character currently know

Guardian
A green force field envelops Kratos/Zelos.

Fireball
A couple of Fireballs, wowzers.(Love to burns some buns :D)

Lightning
A bolt of lightning strikes at the enemy from above.

Wind Blade
The air around the enemy suddenly begins to slash away at it.

First Aid
First Aid without rubber gloves or CPR. (Rarely ever use)

Skills that I will learn

Eruption
The ground explodes with waves of fast lava, dealing damage while also sending the enemy up.

Air Thrust
A large area of air around the enemy suddenly begins to violently slash at the enemies in the area.

Thunder Blade
A large wad of lightning is materialized into a sword; it strikes the enemy, creates a large area of impact, and then shocks everything inside that area.

Hell Pyre
They jump backwards after slashing at the enemy, and whilst in the air, their weapon shoots out a fiery shot which upon contact, explodes.

Lightning Blade
A powerful stab onto the opponent brings out a large lightning bolt from the sky.
-----

I'm going to make-up own sword skills attacks later... so are we meeting anywhere specific?

You know, I thought about that. Maybe I'll pick a town, you can either live in or near it, and we meet up in the middle or something? or maybe during a battle, we all see each other? like a mass monster raid on the towns? x_X

I'll go familiarise myself with the locations. On my current record, I'm entering the Tower of Mana for the first time. Tomm morning, I should have it up.

Raider Phoenix
3rd June 2006, 5:23 AM
Would you need help with that? Also is Sylvarant and Tethe'alla seperate or united as Symphonia?

Sylvarant Towns: Iselia, Triet, Isoold, Palmacosta, Asgard, Hima, Katz Village.

Tethe'alla Towns: Meltokio, Sybak, Mizuho, Ozette, Altamira, Heimdall, Exire, Flanoir. Also are the techs I posted okay?

Lily
3rd June 2006, 5:44 AM
For Pavelle, how about-

First Aid

Boooo. Nurse/photon/ray/holy lance seems a bit too complicated, especially at the beginning, unless that's alright...;;

Kev Chi
3rd June 2006, 6:30 AM
Sylvarant and Tethe'alla right now are joined but that will change in my first post. =P I think Palmacosta might be a good spot. Not excatly near any of the seals (Wind is probably the closest). You can start in or around it (if you want to make up like a small town close to it, that's cool.)

I'm thinking about mixing two of Sylvarant seals and Tethe'alla seals. I don't want to have one summoner be domanint for one half while the other has to wait. Maybe Razor and Tifa can pick two from each land? What do you guys think?

Raider: Your techs are ok.

Kairi: Photon I think is ok. Ray too is ok but how bout instead of (at first) mutiple rays, you have one ray like Luna's attack?

I'll update the list tomm morning. Too tired right now. x_X

Lily
3rd June 2006, 6:32 AM
Alright, so it's -

First Aid
Photon
A single Ray XD

No Nurse? ^_^;

Kev Chi
3rd June 2006, 6:34 AM
Now that I think about it, Nurse would be alright. Would be kind of a pain to First Aid everyone. x_X and Nurse is a weaker vesion of the healing spells (sort of). Its not like your asking for Revatilize X_X

Sonozaki Maya
3rd June 2006, 11:10 AM
My character would learn healing spells along the way anyway, one of them happening to be Nurse. Unless you can replace that with Healing Circle, that isn't too complicated.

Wait, so is Palmacosta already rebuilt in the time period or is it still left for ruins? How about Luin?

RaZoR LeAf
3rd June 2006, 12:15 PM
Since Tifa and I both have 4 of the main 8 spirits each, would it be possible to summon other things later in the RPG? I don't know what exactly right now, but that can be sorted out as we go further on.

As for splitting them. I think swapping the locations of Earth and Wind (Earth is nder a mountain, Wind is atop a monument, so they could be change to ontop of a mountain, under a monument), and then Lighting and Water, both of which are sort of on small islands aurrounded by water.

Jerichi
3rd June 2006, 5:28 PM
All right, this is my master list, containing every spell. I'm not gonna use every one from the start, though, cause most of them are pretty powerful. I've only thought of my first and third level spells as of right now, but I'll get my second level spells in soon. They may be combo spells.

Fireball (Level One Fire Spell)
A flurry of Fireballs are shot at the enemy.

Icicle (Level One Ice Spell)
An icicle comes up from the ground

Lightning (Level One Lightning Spell)
A bolt of lightning strikes the foe

Aqua Edge (Level One Water Spell)
Super-compressed water strikes the foe

Stone Blast (Level One Earth Spell)
Chunks of stone rise up from beniteh the foe

Wind Blade (Level One Air Spell)
A sphere of air cuts at the foe

~~~

Flame Whip (Level Two Fire/Air Spell)
Four tall flames form in a circle around the enemy, and whip inwards three times. Then, the flames combine, and finish the spell

Comet (Level Two Ice/Earth Spell)
A large chunk of rock covered in ice falls from the sky, hitting the enemy, then promplty shattering.

Spark Dome (Level Two Lightning/Fire Spell)
A dome of electricity forms around the foe, doing light, constaint damage. Then, the dome fades, and large sparks rain down for decent damage.

Thunderstorm (Level Two Water/Lightning Spell)
Eight jets of compressed water strike the foe in sets of two, with lightning striking them between every set; the lightning gets a little stronger each time.

Mud Geyser (Level Two Earth/Water Spell)
Two geysers of muddy water erupt in front of and behind the enemy, followed by one in the middle.

Blizzard Blades (Level Two Air/Ice Spell)
A large sphere of wind laced with ice crystals enveloped the enemy, doing light, constant damage from the wind and heavyer damage from the ice.

~~~

Flame Pillars (Level Three Fire Spell)
A pillar of flames erupts from the ground, then four erupt from the sides of it, followed by one massive pillar of flame.
Chant: Ruler of the Underworld, bring your flames and rage upon my enemies! Flame Pillars!

Crystalize (Level Three Ice Spell)
A ring of ice surrounds the foe, and then shrinks on them. They are encased in a block of ice, which then spilts, sending four shards of ice at other enemies for 2 feet.
Chant: Eternal frost, freeze my foes and put out the flame of evil! Crystalize!

Power Surge (Level Three Lightning Spell)
A circle of magic appears on the ground and a mirror appeares above it. A surge of electricity starts to flow between the two, first at the middle, then radiating out, with a final strike from the whole circle.
Chant: May the hammer of Thor rain down on those who appose me! Power Surge!

I'll edit in the rest later.

Kev Chi
3rd June 2006, 6:27 PM
SKS: Yes, both of the towns are rebuilt, seeing how this takes place quite a few years after ToS.

Razor: I think other summons would be fine. As for the swapping the locatians, do you mean Wind would be on top of a mountian and Earth under a monument?

BTW, Shadow will be joining us. He asked me via PM. He is the last one to join. Like I said before, I don't want billions of people joining cause I think things will just get too messy and compicaled. X_X Thanks. :)

Raider Phoenix
3rd June 2006, 6:50 PM
I think Razor means that Wind is under a mountain while Earth is on top of a monument. If this a few years after ToS then wouldn't the original group have had children?

Kev Chi
3rd June 2006, 7:07 PM
I think Razor means that Wind is under a mountain while Earth is on top of a monument. If this a few years after ToS then wouldn't the original group have had children?
Not nessicarly. They could of stayed single, or if they did get married, choose not to have childern. I'm also thinking about having another Desain like group, but with a different name. Any ideas on a name or something?

As for the wind/earth thing, make more sence having Wind on top of the mountain and Earth under the momument, no? not that I'm disagreeing with you or anything. :)

Raider Phoenix
3rd June 2006, 7:11 PM
I got two ideas for names. Cruxions or Crusaders.

Kev Chi
3rd June 2006, 8:28 PM
Cruxions sounds kind of cool. I'll wait to see what others have to say.

Note: RPG is now up. :) and Master List has been updated.

Jerichi
3rd June 2006, 8:38 PM
Cruxions sounds good to me. I'll post either today or tommorow, but first, I have to finish my level two spells. Then my level three.

EDIT: The level two are finished. I'll finish the level threes when the time comes.

Sonozaki Maya
4th June 2006, 3:14 AM
Cruxions sounds too much like Cruxis. Other than that. It seems alright. I don't really mind.

Raider Phoenix
4th June 2006, 3:28 AM
Well Kev could chose Crusaders instead of Cruxions.

Kev Chi
4th June 2006, 5:04 PM
Meh, I think I'll go with Crusaders. I want to try and lean away from the old game in some way.

RaZoR LeAf
4th June 2006, 10:24 PM
OK I realised that since my character would probably get killed in a fight on his own at the moment, that I should give him a basic summon, kinda like Sheena had Corrine. So...

Summon: Wolf (No Element)

Summon: Night Raid (No Element)

The first is easy to cast and summons one or more basic Wolf enemies. The Second is a bit toughter and so far he can only summon one Night Raid without getting tired. Two if he's able to, three is out of the question. Hope this is ok for a start.

Kev Chi
5th June 2006, 1:49 AM
Could use some of the seals that Shenna used also. Those summons are fine. I'll update the list. :)

Kurama
5th June 2006, 4:37 PM
if i make one up like RaZoR LeAf do i have top explain it

EDIT: found out me two same as RaZoR LeAf:

summon: Demon hawk:wind(because i won't get this element
summon: Demon wolf:Fire(Same)

i will use seals like:
pyre seal
demon seal(way later)
power seal(and the s type after it
spirit seal(^same)

Kev Chi
5th June 2006, 5:08 PM
Those summons should be fine. Pyre is the only seal you have now or power and spirit too? List is updated again. :)

Kurama
5th June 2006, 5:10 PM
power spirit also

Kev Chi
5th June 2006, 9:21 PM
Hey Razor, I tried clicking onto your page, but I got nothing. Did I do something wrong? o_O

Raider Phoenix
5th June 2006, 9:24 PM
I think you might need a Media Player since you're supposed to hear the music once you click on the link.

Kev Chi
5th June 2006, 9:33 PM
I got Windows Media Player. I don't know if it's the same thing as what I need? O well, if Razor's works for everyone else, I good with my remixed song. :)

Raider Phoenix
5th June 2006, 9:42 PM
I have the same thing and I heard the music so something's wrong then on your side.

RaZoR LeAf
5th June 2006, 10:06 PM
I linked directly to the mp3, try downloading it from the link rather than just clicking on it.

Kev Chi
6th June 2006, 1:12 AM
I give up lol. Is there a site for it? I could always download it from there. If not, I'll stick with my gimpy music. =P

Raider Phoenix
6th June 2006, 1:15 AM
Actually yes I found a site with ToS music: http://www.rpgdreamer.com/tos/tosmusic.html

RaZoR LeAf
6th June 2006, 1:43 AM
Actually yes I found a site with ToS music: http://www.rpgdreamer.com/tos/tosmusic.html

Those are Midi's, and there's barely a quarter of the music there. The ToS OST was released on 4 discs.

http://bluelaguna.net/music/tos/mp3s.php

Each link goes to a page where you download from, don't try downloading directly frm the above link.

Kev Chi
6th June 2006, 1:57 AM
Wooo...alright! Free music. Thanks guys. :) I'll have to try downloading this later.

Raider Phoenix
6th June 2006, 4:08 PM
Do we fight the Sword Dancer also? If we do then do we fight them in the same order from the game? SD 1- SD 2- SD 3.

Kev Chi
6th June 2006, 6:14 PM
We can. Maybe once we all meet up and get into one big group, Abyssion will send Sword Dancer after us. =P

Location of people:

SKS, Razor, and Kairi are in Luin

Me, Raider, Jerichi and Inner at Palamacosta

Sonozaki Maya
10th June 2006, 8:52 AM
My entire skill set, which you may or may not take into consideration (http://aitsukihime.googlepages.com/yami_skl.txt)

The RP is kinda dead. I would post, but I need someone else to respond to mine first.

Ignore any stuff you find strange, it's also a skill set for another thing a friend of mine's doing.

Kurama
15th June 2006, 12:39 AM
i know i should have started a while ago but can you guys have come in later like when we all meet in some place

Kev Chi
15th June 2006, 2:22 AM
SKS: Yes, it's sad. =/ I really wish this RPG would have done better. Maybe I'll revamp it somehow.

Tifa: I don't understand what your asking.

Raider Phoenix
15th June 2006, 2:29 AM
Kev if you do revamp it then here is an idea: Instead of just Abyssion how about add Mithos into the battle. Have Abyssion and Mithos oppose each other while the heroes try to stop both of them. Mithos coming back can happen because if I remember correctly Mithos' Cruxis Crystal wasn't destroyed or was it absorbed into Lloyd's Exsphere? Also add more people because even if in ToS only 4 people could fight there were still 8 people in the group so at least 8 people should be accepted.

Kev Chi
15th June 2006, 2:50 AM
Kev if you do revamp it then here is an idea: Instead of just Abyssion how about add Mithos into the battle. Have Abyssion and Mithos oppose each other while the heroes try to stop both of them. Mithos coming back can happen because if I remember correctly Mithos' Cruxis Crystal wasn't destroyed or was it absorbed into Lloyd's Exsphere? Also add more people because even if in ToS only 4 people could fight there were still 8 people in the group so at least 8 people should be accepted.
Not sure if Mithos was killed or not. Maybe I can add the Sword Dancer as an enemy, or the Hell Knight and that other guy (name escapes me). We also have 9 people who joined the RPG (pretty sure it's 9), we just haven't joined up yet.

Raider Phoenix
15th June 2006, 3:01 AM
Now I remember! Lloyd slashed Mithos's Cruxis Crystal but then Lloyd's Exsphere absorbed the remains. I just got another idea: The whole party is still alive and then the remains of Mithos's Crystal somehow revive Mithos and then Mithos brainwashes Lloyd which causes Lloyd to join Mithos. Then Abyssion returns and fights Mithos for control. Also the enemy you said that you forgot it's name, could you perhaps describe it to me? I could help as I seem to know the monster names all to well.

Kurama
15th June 2006, 3:15 AM
Tifa: I don't understand what your asking.
like since i haven't posted can i start at a sertain point in the rpg

i'll kinda be like Sheena but not as an enimy we find eachother in a city and i show you the mayor(or somin' like this) you tell me your about your quest and i decide to join you

Kev Chi
15th June 2006, 4:54 PM
That's fine if you want to do that Tifa.

RaZoR LeAf
15th June 2006, 11:09 PM
Sorry but I wont be able to post for a while. Started a new Job, and I haven't had enough spare time to sit back and write. As soon as I have the time to do something, I will. For the moment, my character can be bunnied as need be.

Kurama
16th June 2006, 2:35 AM
That's fine if you want to do that Tifa.
only becuase my F*ckung brother keep the comp. in his room like it is his