PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Trygon Predator

klducks
3rd June 2006, 12:28 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/dissension/trygon_predator.jpg
Trygon Predator - Dissension. Uncommon
1GU: Creature - Beast
Flying
Whenver Trygon Predator deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment that player controls.
Held aloft by metabolized magic, trygons are ravenous for sources of mystic fuel.
2/3

This is a really cool card. First of all, a 3 for a 2/3 with a decent effect is nice. Now, being able to destroy artifacts/enchantments for each swing... hello! Bye Jitte, Greater Good, etc. I'm loving it.

The Duck's Rating: 3.25/5

Shadow Trainer
3rd June 2006, 2:34 AM
A 2/3 with flying for three is great and the effect is not bad either. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
4th June 2006, 5:24 AM
Not bad. 3 mana for 2/3 + Flying is pretty good. Chuck in artifact/enchantment destruction, and it's as imbalanced as Nullmage Shepherd. >_< Ownage.

3.5/5.

skiboydoggy
4th June 2006, 10:24 AM
Umm... Nothing is as imba as Nullmage short of a pair of Beacon of Tomorrows.
Anyway, 3 mana 2/3 Flying is a decently good mana -> Body, and the ability is effective to the nth degree without becoming haxed... Yeah, I like it.
Reminds me of things like Rustmouth Ogre if memory serves.

Felix Feral Fezirix
4th June 2006, 12:41 PM
But Rustmouth doesn't eat enchantments.......And it doesn't have Trample, making it hard to hit the player and destroy an artifact.

skiboydoggy
4th June 2006, 3:12 PM
Bloody REMINDS me of.
Oh, never mind.
At any rate though, it's still not as hax as Nullmage and her destruction of my nth Magemark.

Runeseekermew
4th June 2006, 11:58 PM
eeh, predator is a good card, ill give it that much, but then again, its only good in Simic or rainbow decks, so 3.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
5th June 2006, 4:54 PM
Though a Jitte in a Flying deck will have a hard time being destroyed....