PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Cute!

Sachiko
4th June 2006, 1:23 AM
When I went to buy Ultra Maniac 1 in January, I spotted this title beside it, and I looked at it some... Usually it takes a while before I decide to buy a manga, but I bought this after a few minutes!!! I loved it!!

This story is about two 15- year- old friends/ rivals- for- life, Ami and Noa, who are on the hunt for a boyfriend!!! When they meet two guys named Tamon and Tomohiro at a party, that's when things start to get interesing... Check out Tokyopop's web site to find out more. (comedy and drama, 10+.) Volumes 1 and 2 are out now.

This manga has a very interesting plot and it's funny. I also like the art. I wanted to know if there is anyone else who has this manga, so I can discuss it.

foxypokefan
4th June 2006, 4:02 AM
hi wich manga was it? i love manga!

foxypokefan
4th June 2006, 4:03 AM
you can call me moon or tori if you wish, to make things simple. =3

Shigeru-kun
4th June 2006, 5:48 AM
I really like this manga too, though I am kinda wary of it. Not too big on lots of sexual stuff, so I personally hope there's not as much of that in the later volumes. *sweatdrops* Otherwise I totally agree, it's wonderful. The art for it is very unique, so pretty. Lots of thin, but elegant lines. ^^

Cutiebunny
5th June 2006, 2:47 AM
I remember reading this in the original Japanese in Nakayoshi. I can't remember the name of the top of my head(something like Urukyuu). I never cared for the manga too much personally. It's rather old though, so I'm surprised TOkyopop has decided to translate it. But, if you're a fan, you'll be happy to know there are 9 volumes of it...or at least there were in Japanese.

Nami Akimoto frequently does stuff for Nakayoshi, so, if Tokyopop is translating this series, it's likely they'll do the other series she's produced as well.

BTW, is "Kitchen Princess" or "Kilala Princess" going to be released by Tokyopop or DelRey Manga? Both of these were really good.

Sachiko
7th June 2006, 2:57 AM
Yay!! Replies!!!

hi wich manga was it? i love manga!

It is called Ultra Cute, Tori.

I really like this manga too, though I am kinda wary of it. Not too big on lots of sexual stuff, so I personally hope there's not as much of that in the later volumes. *sweatdrops* Otherwise I totally agree, it's wonderful. The art for it is very unique, so pretty. Lots of thin, but elegant lines. ^^

It's rated 10+, so anything sexual is really at a minimum. Don't worry about it. And I love the art, too. ^_^

I remember reading this in the original Japanese in Nakayoshi. I can't remember the name of the top of my head(something like Urukyuu). I never cared for the manga too much personally. It's rather old though, so I'm surprised TOkyopop has decided to translate it. But, if you're a fan, you'll be happy to know there are 9 volumes of it...or at least there were in Japanese.

Nami Akimoto frequently does stuff for Nakayoshi, so, if Tokyopop is translating this series, it's likely they'll do the other series she's produced as well.

BTW, is "Kitchen Princess" or "Kilala Princess" going to be released by Tokyopop or DelRey Manga? Both of these were really good.

It was urukyu. And I can't find any info on Kitchen Princess or Kilala Princess.

TwilightPrincess
15th June 2006, 6:36 AM
I was gonna get Ultra Cute but I decided to get MeruPuri instead.

Cutiebunny
17th June 2006, 6:35 AM
It was urukyu. And I can't find any info on Kitchen Princess or Kilala Princess.

Nah, read the hiragana again. It's "URUKYUU". Japanese has a lot of double vowel sounds, and unfortunately, Tokyopop does such a horrible job of translating stuff due to their mad desire to "Englify" it.

I'm surprised you couldn't find anything about these manga on google. I've seen quite a few websites dedicated to Kilala Princess. It's like a female version of 'Kingdom Hearts'.

Sachiko
3rd July 2006, 6:46 PM
Nah, read the hiragana again. It's "URUKYUU". Japanese has a lot of double vowel sounds, and unfortunately, Tokyopop does such a horrible job of translating stuff due to their mad desire to "Englify" it.

Really??? Thanks for telling me....

But, if you're a fan, you'll be happy to know there are 9 volumes of it...or at least there were in Japanese.

Yeah, I found out there are!!
The third volume is being released on July 11th. I don't want the thread to die before then...

I was gonna get Ultra Cute but I decided to get MeruPuri instead.

Buy them both!!

I found a site with pictures of shojo manga, including ultra cute. I am unable to go on that site right now, but I think it's shojo-love.com