PDA

View Full Version : Finally! The results for the Future Champions Contest!

Silver Suicune
4th June 2006, 3:20 PM
Finally, the long awaited..*drum roll* RESULTS!
These are going to be presented in two parts, The Best category and the First Ever category.

So here is Part 1! Part 2 will be posted later. I will still need to upload the pictures so you can see the winners' sprites, and I'm still uploading each of the winners pictures onto Photobucket. I will edit the pictures in later.
But... here it is!

This contest ran smoothly, but with a rough edge. It was all great with all the entriesÖ we had a total of 35 contestants. This has been judged by 2 judges; Me and Executive Max. The other judges kinda got ignorant.

Well, as promisedÖ the results. The results were judged in the 2 categories, the Best and the First Ever. They were split up into a further 6 topics for each category.
The winners were awarded 3 points for 1st place, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd. So EM and I may have different comments, but it is based on the points put altogether.

In the Best category we have:
-Sprite: This was the largest category we had. We had over 20 participants and the winners are:
In 3rd Place there was a tie (in fact, there was a tie with all 3 places here)
SSís decision:
NatiT:
The sprite was nicely blended. An excellent sprite. Not too sure about the dramatic colour change on the body though.

EMís decision:
Slorg Master: No comment

2nd Place- TIE:
SSís decision:
Deokishisu:
This one had a great blend, and the shading was neat. I loved the tail.

EMís decision:
Winged Wolf:
No comment.

AND IN 1st PLACE- TIE:
SSís decision:
ToTo:
This sprite was brilliant. It stood out from the others because it looked so natural to the eye. Excellent shading, excellent blend.

EMís decision:
Xcisor:
A lot of good works.

Trainer Sprites:
This category had 7 participants. Well done.

3rd Place- TIE
EMís decision:
Winged Wolf:
No comment.

SSís decision:
EgiFux:
Nicely done. It looks a bit Ödemonic though.

2nd Place-
Electrode: EM and me both chose this one as second. I liked the idea of the add-ons... But the conical flask looksÖstrange.

1st Place: TIE
SSís decision:
NatiT:
The colour was pleasing to the eye and shading was nice.

EMís decision:
Haru:
I liked Haru's Gary. Next one is Electrode. for an idea..

Chaos: There were only 3 participants. So everyone who participated in this got a placeÖ There was no 3rd place.

2nd Place-
SSís decision:
-jimbyob-:
For me, this one was rather normal, but compared to Xcisorís, this one was simple and nice. Xcisorís one was well madeÖbut I think personally it looks really complicated.

EMís decision:
Xcisor:
No comment.

1st Place-
Marowak XD:
IMO, XD here is the best again. I agree, EM.

Pixelart: This one was a bit disappointing, as there were only 3 entriesÖ
3rd Place-
EMís and SSísdecision:
FlygonXS:

EM didnít have one. I loved this one, but Iíve seen it so many times that I could nitpick the flaws of it. Iím sorryÖ

2nd Place-
EMís and SSís decision:
EgiFuX:

This one was a nice one, seeing that it looked more like a first than a best. Overshading would have been good on this one, since the shape was nice, but Iíll let him off.

1st Place-
EMís and SSís decision:
Blue Star:
I thought this was creative but it was something new. I liked it. I think it shouldíve been moved to the Other category, but meh.
EM:
Nothing special here..

ReDevamp: These two were bunched together since I thought there wouldnít be enough entries, and for Devamps that was the case, but we had a whole lot of Revamps that came in, so yeahÖ

3rd Place-
EMís and SSís decision-
Shambo:
His Lapras was nicely executed, but I thought it looked a bit pale. The dithering was also kept, which I wasnít sure about.

2nd Place-
EMís and SSís decision-
Wong Agungís Devamp:
His devamp was nice (anyone have a better word?), he effectively used dithering to his advantage.

1st Place-
EMís and SSís decision-
FlygonXS:
I liked it, but the shading looks a bit weird because of the front-on view.
EM: Nice Pidgeot, first pl. Second - lapras. Third - the Devamp of Sunflora

Other: These were things that didnít go anywhere, and some of them were really ridiculous, like giant mapsÖ not mentioning any namesÖ

3rd Place-
EMís decision-
Hypnotik-
No comment.

2nd Place-
EMís and SSís decision-
Xcisor-
Personally I thought that these looked brilliant, they were really creative. Excellently pulled off.

1st Place-
EM and SSís decision-
ToTo-
I loved the idea of a fossil, and that fossil was veryÖ cute, actually. The shading is a bit off, I must say.
Yeah... another map, but I won't give this any place this time.

~SS~

Please wait for Part 2, which will be FULLY LOADED!

P.S. Please tell me if I made any errors with names, or grammar, or spelling etc.

.Dan.S.2006.
4th June 2006, 4:09 PM
I think you should post the sprites in this thread, therefore people can judge also whether the judging was appropriate.

absol attacker
4th June 2006, 4:13 PM
i was just thinking that too. it'd be a lot more convienient if you actually posted them.

Kinginsoar
4th June 2006, 6:29 PM
Ditto. I don't actually KNOW what the sprites look like.

Nevermore
4th June 2006, 6:30 PM
is also in agreement about posting the winners.

OmegaDragon
4th June 2006, 10:05 PM
Wow, I didnt expect to win something, exspecially when it was my third revamp. 0.0
Anyway, I agree with everyone else. You should post the sprites of the winners.

Winged_Wolf
4th June 2006, 10:57 PM
Ah, a 2nd and 3rd place! I'm so very happy. It's strange how none of mine have comments, though... But yes, I concur with the rest - sprite pictues would be greatly appreciated.

▼■DoomWing■▼
4th June 2006, 11:26 PM
Umm... where is the mix category?

Silver Suicune
4th June 2006, 11:38 PM
Well, I'm currently uploading your sprites, and the post will be edited FULLY LOADED with your sprites. Part 2 will also come at the same time as the Part 1 update. Sorry!

Leon
5th June 2006, 11:32 AM
sweet!!! i cant believe i got joint first in the trainer category! kudos to everyone else who placed!

Silver Suicune
5th June 2006, 2:28 PM
I'm just about to upload the sprites for Part 2, except I have a few assignments to get through, so please be patient, I know you all have for the past 1 and a half months...