PDA

View Full Version : Fallinroxas' sprite last sprite showcase

fallinroxas
5th June 2006, 10:48 PM
umm i have not been on latly and i have stop spriting so im retiring but you guys need to give your opions(spelling) about my sprites and please vote to
weather(spelling) or not i should retire or not

http://www.maj.com/gallery/kh2forlife/pokestuff/mix_evos_workings_v5.pnghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/kh2forlife/pokestuff/request.pnghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/kh2forlife/pokestuff/frlgemtrex001.pnghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/kh2forlife/pokestuff/cool_mixes.png

fallinroxas
5th June 2006, 11:47 PM
ok i have four votes and no repiles

P.s srry for dp

Psychic
6th June 2006, 12:15 AM
Don't double post, especially if you know it's wrong. -_-

Anyways, these are nothing to be proud of. They really aren't very good, being generally quite messily done. Honest-to-God truth is I can't find a single one that is neat and properly cleaned up of all bad pixels with the proper coloring, shading and with all the parts on properly.

You don't make the pasted on body parts look natural or anything, not even properly recoloring them a lot of the time. They just look like you glued random body parts onto with without a second thought. You have to put in a bit more effort into your sprites. Look out for shading, don't reverse body parts because it just makes them look messed up, but if you do edit the shading. Light is always coming from the top left hand corner of any sprites, so the highlights and shadows have to correspond to it.

I'm not going to comment on every single sprite because there's really no need to, plus you would find it extremely discouraging if I had to point out every specific problem with them, and I can tell you now that each one could be about twice as good as it is now.
Sorry, but it's the honest truth. Go read the tutorials (you can't miss the Sticky full of them) and practice a bit more. Have a look at some other sprite collections to get a better idea of what you're doing wrong and how to improve.

Good luck,
~Psychic

PS: I suggest you get other poll options.

Shadow Hybrid.
6th June 2006, 12:21 AM
Psychics Got A Piont They Aren't Very Well Put Togteher And The Only Ones I Actually Like Are The Caterpie/weedle Ones.

Pokefan26
6th June 2006, 12:22 AM
Some of the mixes' shading is off and they aren't blended in well.

You need to blend in the outlines for mixes.

And, honestly, I don't know if you should retire or not. What you think is best. :)

DanK84
6th June 2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, these mixes are overall pretty messy and aren't blended in that well, as Psychic and Pokefan26 said. And in many of them the outline isn't recolored correctly or isn't recolored at all, such as on the Squirtle/Charmander mix, part of its head is still blue.

Kyaku
6th June 2006, 1:19 AM
Most of tham are just C+P. Most of tham you didn't recolor the outlines. I just have to say, get more practice. There's no need to quit.

-Spikey-

-aocom v2-
6th June 2006, 7:04 AM
If you like spriting >> don't retire
If you don't like spriting >> retire

Simple as that ^^
All you need is more practice.

fallinroxas
6th June 2006, 5:51 PM
thanks for the comments and i have been workin on megaman sprites more then pokemon sprites

DanK84
6th June 2006, 10:04 PM
thanks for the comments and i have been workin on megaman sprites more then pokemon sprites
Funny, I am too. You think you'll post them?

Rukario_thenightwolfe
6th June 2006, 10:55 PM
i really like ur art and think u should keep going i would like to see what you come up with

Starter530
7th June 2006, 5:08 AM
First off no spriter should retire no matter how bad they think they are because thats just saying that you're lazy and you want to quit.

Second off to imprve try reading tutorials, and listening to and following others crit. The tutorials help alot and so do listening to peoples suggestions.

Thirdly none of the great spriters (that I know of) were always good. Your sprites just need room for improvement. Like work on recoloring the outlines and try to blend them more.

fallinroxas
7th June 2006, 6:52 AM
thanks agian for the comments and i do like spriting but all i hear form people is that i suck and i should stop spriting

Starter530
8th June 2006, 5:55 AM
The poeple who say you suck without giving crit are jus n00bs dont listen to them.

Dean
8th June 2006, 9:46 PM
The poeple who say you suck without giving crit are jus n00bs dont listen to them.
I agree. Your sprites are very good.

Psychic
8th June 2006, 10:13 PM
thanks agian for the comments and i do like spriting but all i hear form people is that i suck and i should stop spriting
-_- I looked through your thread and not ONCE did I see someone flame or bash you, your sprites or your spriting style. There is a difference between saying "Your sprites need work, this is how you can improve them" and "OMFG U SUKK ST0P SPRI7ING NOW!!!11!ONEONEONE1"

And anyways, you get the message. Now you're just being an attention wh*re. Seriously, you double post, you whine, you complain when noody's aying attention to you, AND in the past you took a sprite not belonging to you.

Now, if you want people to stop telling you these things, then MAKE NEW SPRITES. Follow the advice given to you and practice practice practice, because right now all you do is post the same damned sprites over and over again. ><

~Psychic

kuro mizu
8th June 2006, 11:24 PM
you know that nobody is good when they first start spriting, even though you probably have been spriting for a while, it doesnt mean that you have to retire. Just keep practicing and you will get better. DONT RETIRE!

Shadowfaith
9th June 2006, 9:30 AM
Psychic is infact right. In most of your threads you have double posted, trying to get attention even when it was only a few minutes after you had poste the thread. You have to understand that you will get replies when members feel like it.

Also you may want to stick to making just one thread for your sprites from now on. If you stick to one thread and update regularly, then you are more likely to get more replies to your threads.

Masumi
9th June 2006, 12:49 PM
Shadowfath is right. ^^

Now, I really love your sprites. You shouldn't be worried. They're good.

fallinroxas
10th June 2006, 5:10 AM
thanks for the comments!

SneaselDude777
10th June 2006, 4:19 PM
they're ok but not that great

RisenJade DragonKnightGT
10th June 2006, 6:45 PM
your sprites need work that is way you must aim higher.why quit spriting when you haven't got a full grasp of it?