PDA

View Full Version : Thread/Topic Title Clarity

Locke Yggdrasill
6th June 2006, 2:08 AM
Hello. As of late, I've found that many members aren't as clear as they should be in their thread titles, such as ones in Misc. or, recently, General Pokémon Discussion, titled "lolling hard". It was something about a moveset for Persian on the POTW/D page on the main site. I remember a moderator had made a thread about it some time ago, but I can't seem to find the thread. I've made this thread in request for a new sticky and/or announcement, where all of the members who didn't read the thread and/or have joined after it was pruned could read over it and find that their ways are, perhaps, wrong. Danke Sehr.
*shot by a certain mod who has my bebez*

hIrAm
6th June 2006, 2:11 AM
Thank you!

I've been thinking about posting the same thing. I mean thread titles such as this:

what if ..

or,

if there wasn't pokemon ...

Kind of hinting something .. or something. Just give the full title.

Good job, HLY.

Mega Trickster
6th June 2006, 3:16 AM
Thank you!

I've been thinking about posting the same thing. I mean thread titles such as this:

what if ..

or,

if there wasn't pokemon ...

Kind of hinting something .. or something. Just give the full title.

Good job, HLY.

Don't forget "Is......" "WTF?!" "Gay" "Glitch" "OMFG LOOK!" *is eventually shot*

Moonlight.
6th June 2006, 5:38 PM
Yep...it took me a while to figure out what that "lolling hard" thing was about. Something else that annoys me is how people use certain titles to grab your attnetion and they ahd nothing to do with the thread...

Well, you can always preview the post by hovering your cursor over it...

Enishi
6th June 2006, 6:27 PM
Cute, and imaginative titles are fun, but plain stupid and confusing isn't needed, Who wants to have a title that sounds like the start of something really interesting and get disappointed when you look at the actual thread. I also find that most of the time people dont actually read the title or other posts and just post anything to up their count and try to look included, like in a moveset thread "lol, your pokemon moves suck" etc..

Locke Yggdrasill
6th June 2006, 9:21 PM
The only exception to this rule that I can think of is for RMT, since topic titles don't have to be related to the thread.

PhQnix
6th June 2006, 9:34 PM
Sorry to have a go at you again Yiggy, but do you really think a sticky will make a difference?

There are numerous stickies and announcments plastered all over the forums, yet people still break the rules.

Thus I severly doubt anyone will pay attention to yet another sticky.

I'm all for the cause though.

Locke Yggdrasill
6th June 2006, 9:37 PM
I'm not protesting for a sticky, per se, but just for some form of action to be taken. I don't know, maybe like...second offence is a warning or something.

Black Mage
7th June 2006, 10:01 AM
As of late, I've found that many members aren't as clear as they should be in their thread titles, such as ones in Misc. or, recently, General Pokémon Discussion, titled "lolling hard". It was something about a moveset for Persian on the POTW/D page on the main site.

0ma is actually quite cool D:

IMO it was probably a little off track, but it also made sense a bit since the set WAS crap (not joking, it was) But yeah, silly stuff (I can't think of anything) more often than not tends to be spam.

Yep...it took me a while to figure out what that "lolling hard" thing was about. Something else that annoys me is how people use certain titles to grab your attnetion and they ahd nothing to do with the thread...

It only took me one second to find out D:

*shot down*

~Thunderstar ;121;;373;

Locke Yggdrasill
7th June 2006, 8:55 PM
I wasn't trying to beat him down. :<
I was just using 0ma as an implied (but perhaps poor) example.

Fatal
7th June 2006, 11:50 PM
Well, I'm sure most people are aware of this, and it can be enforced, but I would highly doubt that it would do any good. Sometimes people like to use strange topic titles to grab people's attention, and I agree that they can be misleading, but it's not like a mod can really say "Hey, your topic title isn't descriptive enough, you now have a warning"

-Fatal