PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender overworld spriting opportunity

Crystamon
6th June 2006, 4:13 AM
I don't think this is illegal. I remeber reading about how if you want multiple tries at the something, or something, it was okay. So I will continue with the assumption this is okay. If not, mods, you know what to do.

I am going to attempt a new comic shortly, based in the fictional world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, a TV show on Nickelodeon. It will be set in the world, but will have entirely new charecters and will be set about 500 years before the TV show.

For this comic, I am going to need sprites. Lots of sprites. And as I am no good at overworlds, I thought I'd turn to the spriters here for help. Here are the Sprites I need overworlds of. I would like overworlds of each standing, walking, and probably running. After everybody (If anybody) sublits their sprites, I will use the ones I like the best. That person will be given credit when I post my comic.

The Sprites.

Keru, A Firebender (http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6360/fiurebender9pf.png)
Yin, A Waterbender. (http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5108/waterbender9gr.png)

That's all I've got for now, but later I will have others. Also, if anyone can make an airbender sprite for me, that would be great. There are severel pictures of Aang, an Airbender, online for reference. I would like the sprite to have those Air Nomad clothes on. And also, the blue arrow tatoos.

Please and Thank You!

zuloon
6th June 2006, 5:47 AM
They don't really look anything like the real ones from Avatar.

fallinroxas
6th June 2006, 7:09 PM
i agree wit zuloon

maxxa
6th June 2006, 8:06 PM
there just recoloured sprites with bits stuck on not interesting at all and they look absolutely nothing like the show ppl

Crystamon
6th June 2006, 10:30 PM
*Sigh* Okay. I'm only going to say this once. I"M NOT ASKING FOR FREAKIN CRITICISM OR COMMENTS HERE, PEOPLE! I want people to make me some overworlds. If you have no interest in that, or in my comic, don't post.

1. Don't post unless you have something about my comic, or wish to make some overworlds! I admit, I probably made that less clear by posting in Fan Sprites. If a mod would move this to Fan Art Requests to rectify that, that would help.

2. There are reasons that the sprites look different than the ones in the show. Yin, the Waterbender, is from the Central Water Tribe, which is situaited midway between the Fire and Earth nations, in the middle of the sea, on a fictional group of islands called the Delya Islands. As it is not located art one of the poles, there is no need for winter clothing. Thus, Yin is dressed differently.

Keru is dressed differently because I'm not a master spriter, but also because this is in the past. If you recall, in one episode, Sokka laughs because a water tribe plans to sneak aboard a Fire Navy ship in old uniforms. He tells them how the uniforms have cjanged, and they would be found out. If the uniforms could change in eighty years, they could change in five hundered, which is how long ago this is.

3. Don't post in my thread, for any reason at all, unless you can do it L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y. (Glares at fallinroxas and maxxa.)

Thank you. If a mod could grant my request?...

Kinginsoar
6th June 2006, 10:40 PM
I'll help!

Just gimme the trainer, and I'll overworld it if I have time.

Crystamon
6th June 2006, 10:41 PM
The links are in my first post. Just click on the names.

Kinginsoar
6th June 2006, 10:50 PM
Where'd you get Nin's head from? Do you know where to find an overworld that has a head like that?

Crystamon
6th June 2006, 10:53 PM
Yin. It is the psychic boy's head. I didn't change it, just recolored it. So I assume that it will be on the psychic guy's overworld.

Electabuzz
7th June 2006, 1:18 AM
No. I'm sorry, these aren't allowed. You can't ask for people to make you sprites in any forum other than the sprite request forum.

zuloon
7th June 2006, 1:38 AM
"For this comic, I can't do anything on my own so I'll need to ask for everyone else's help, time and effort so I can claim it as my own."

Nice try.

2. There are reasons that the sprites look different than the ones in the show. Yin, the Waterbender, is from the Central Water Tribe, which is situaited midway between the Fire and Earth nations, in the middle of the sea, on a fictional group of islands called the Delya Islands. As it is not located art one of the poles, there is no need for winter clothing. Thus, Yin is dressed differently.

And it's glaringly obvious which sprites they were edited from, why? You can make them have different clothes, sure. But it's quite obvious the first was edited from the team magma sprite (you spelled fire wrong, by the way) and that the second one was from a psychic boy.

Crystamon
7th June 2006, 2:55 AM
I really don't care if it's "glaringly obvious" where they came from. That wasn't the point. The point was that they would serve my purpose as water and fire benders.

"For this comic, I can't do anything on my own so I'll need to ask for everyone else's help, time and effort so I can claim it as my own."

And I suppose in everything you do, all your material is made from scratch? That you and you alone make everything you use? If you use sprites, you get them from somewhere, don't you. I bet that when you make a sprite, it's edited or mixed with something made by somebody else. Maybe it's pokemon elite 2000, or the Spriters Resource. The point is, you use something made by someone else.

I plan to do the same thing. I will be making the comic, I will be creating the plot, and I will get some of the credit. It's the same as if the sprites I'm asking for where already posted on a site, except they're not. I have to ask people to help me make them. I will of course give credit for everything, like any sane and right spriter, and it offends me that you thunk I would ignore the others and claim the comic as merely a product of my own work. Even though you are obviously a good spriter, I don't want anything from you. Go away.

And Electabuzz, I already noticed my error. You will notice my entreaties to the mods to have this thread moved the Fan Art Requests.

zuloon
7th June 2006, 5:11 AM
Err...I don't make comics.

And even if I made one, it'd be hand-drawn.

Crystamon
7th June 2006, 2:54 PM
Sorry. While I was posting, I had seen the comic banner in your sig and assumed it was yours. I didn't notice till afterwords that is was a R.I.P. for Pokechow, blueguy's comic.

shadowofdreams
7th June 2006, 6:55 PM
good sprites.

.Dan.S.2006.
7th June 2006, 7:48 PM
Look just close this, ok? Fan Art Requests is the place for this.

And also shadowdeoxys those two words are the only ones you use in any sprite thread, whether they are good or not. Stop spamming to up your post count.

Shadowfaith
9th June 2006, 9:20 AM
Unfortunantly, we don't alow threads like this even in the request forum. You may only request in shops. So I suggest you either find a shop that would be willing to make all these sprites for you. Or get in touch with a spriter via PM.

Sorry.

*Closed*