PDA

View Full Version : My made up town

Celebi251
7th June 2006, 6:26 PM
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/5517/mytown2nb.png

so? how do u guys and gurls like it? it took me a little while in ms paint, but its done!

kuro mizu
7th June 2006, 6:39 PM
now im no expert on making maps, but heres my critique: I think there are too many pokemon in the picture. They look like they are just thrown out there and are roaming the town. Maybe only have 10-15 in the town. But i do like the gyarados! Next, under the center and right grasses, there is a brown line...maybe get rid of that. And what is that brown bar in the upper left hand corner? I think you should just take it out. But i think you do have a good ammount of buildings in the town. Just keep working on it and pay attention to very small details, they can be crucial in how the final result looks. Keep up your map making!

DarkWater.

Celebi251
7th June 2006, 6:44 PM
now im no expert on making maps, but heres my critique: I think there are too many pokemon in the picture. They look like they are just thrown out there and are roaming the town. Maybe only have 10-15 in the town. But i do like the gyarados! Next, under the center and right grasses, there is a brown line...maybe get rid of that. And what is that brown bar in the upper left hand corner? I think you should just take it out. But i think you do have a good ammount of buildings in the town. Just keep working on it and pay attention to very small details, they can be crucial in how the final result looks. Keep up your map making!

DarkWater.

yea...i just realized that rock thing in the top left corner just after i hosted it on imageshack....and i was worried about the amount of pokemon. but thx a LOT for the pointers, and i will try to keep doing the maps!

kuro mizu
7th June 2006, 6:46 PM
yeah, there arent a lot of people who are doing these...most people are just spriting and editing...but i think you should definately keep this up and make some more towns.

shadowofdreams
7th June 2006, 6:49 PM
good map. you gonna do more?

Emo Saria
7th June 2006, 6:51 PM
Why are they all staring at me?...
It looks pretty good except it looks really messy around the roads and grass and... stuff... The roads arn't lined perfectly either, but otherwise, it's allright... Still needs a bit of work, but I can't make towns at all so what do I know?

Divine_Light
7th June 2006, 6:58 PM
Oh dear god, where to start, IMO the map is too big and has no boudaries (ie, fence, tree's, ect), there are too many people and give credit to coronis for pokemon and trainer overworlds and sprite resourcer for the building and ect, There are no pattern in the grass

Celebi251
7th June 2006, 7:03 PM
Oh dear god, where to start, IMO the map is too big and has no boudaries (ie, fence, tree's, ect), there are too many people and give credit to coronis for pokemon and trainer overworlds and sprite resourcer for the building and ect, There are no pattern in the grass
yaaaaawwwwwwwnn........im not doing this 4 a living, and if u want to make comments--positive or negative--do it nicely, no"dear god". got it?

Divine_Light
7th June 2006, 7:33 PM
How old are you 2.. 4.. 5, Don't tell me what you little noob i'll give crit good or bad its my choice not yours, Whats the town called Noobville

Celebi251
7th June 2006, 8:05 PM
How old are you 2.. 4.. 5, Don't tell me what you little noob i'll give crit good or bad its my choice not yours, Whats the town called Noobville

alright! this could go on 4ever....ill stop if u stop, and next time, if u crit work, could u do it nicer plz? yes, theyre your comments, but its my thread.
truce?

Divine_Light
7th June 2006, 8:09 PM
There is no nice bad crit, I agree this could go on forever, But you had no right telling me what to do, Truce *shakes hand*

Bu†cH
7th June 2006, 8:17 PM
Cut and paste here.....cut and paste there.....it's all cut and paste and I'm not impressed, especially with 2 dozens of Pokemon sprites to try to make up for it. T_T

You (especially) need to make your own buildings. This is the most important part of making your own map.

And another big one, you did not give credit to Coronis. He created most of the Pokemon and trainer overworlds.

.Dan.S.2006.
7th June 2006, 8:22 PM
Hmm well I can give you a double wammy in this post. I will resolve the argument and help you with that map of yours.

Right, poke_fan_12 you are in no position to comment on someones age because you have the vocabulary of someone a lot younger. The word 'n00b' is not allowed on these forums and it is very immature the way you continued to say 'n00bville.' Now here we are friendly and give advice on where to improve, we don't flame or bash, we help.

Now it's my turn. It is not terrible for a first attempt. In MS Paint it can be very annoying and difficult. You did a good job but here is what I will do. If you want my help with map making then PM me and I have a load of 16x16 standard tiles for maps, it's how I make mine. Also a lot of sprites were taken from Coronis and put on there, you might want to give credit to him for them.

So like I said if you want the map tiles and a personal tutorial then PM me.

Celebi251
8th June 2006, 1:09 AM
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/3865/mytown27tw.png
well, i made another one for those of u who like them.....and credit to Coronis for the pokemon and trainer sprites.

Silver Salamence
8th June 2006, 6:09 PM
There are still alot of random pokemon here and there. If you see a real town in the games you'll see that there are only a few pokemon here and there. On your first map there is a random chunk of brown rock up north. On both your maps there are little bits of white and gray around buildings. Some parts look choppy and some parts are cut off due to no room.

It is a good map, I'm not saying it's bad or anything. It just needs work.

BH-Star
8th June 2006, 6:31 PM
one thing: i think you overdid it with the pokémon.. one or two are allright.. i think there are way too much pkmn in this town..

but besides that i think it's really nice..

Aeroglyphix
8th June 2006, 6:55 PM
Looks very good.

Dean
8th June 2006, 9:48 PM
Your maps are really cool

EmbersBackUpSinger
8th June 2006, 9:49 PM
Its hott. But too many pokemon.

Captain Murkrow
8th June 2006, 10:42 PM
too many pokemon. do rare pokemon like typhlosion run wild through towns? I don't think so.

Prof.Rocket
8th June 2006, 11:36 PM
I like it! I think some towns should be overrun with Pokemon, gives them a bit of character! Anyways, I like it a lot!