PDA

View Full Version : Buso Renkin..

ultimate goku
8th June 2006, 11:14 PM
I bought this month's Shonen Jump for the sake of the Toriyama interview, despite my having developed a strong hatred for Viz and all of its merchandise(see the "WTF" thread I created) after Viz went back to making all those edits made to some of my favorite manga series(DB, Naruto, etc.). But I made an exception for this month's issue, and soon as I skimmed through the pages of the DB section(I've had the tankouban for this for 6 years now, XD), I saw this preview thing for some manga called Buso Renkin, which piqued my interest due to the big fat "from the creator of Ruroni Kenshin!" thing next to it, and as I flipped through the chapter.. I realized it wasn't half bad. Even though it seemed like a carbon copy of Fullmetal Alchemist with all this Alchemy talk, I took a liking to the great artwork, amazing weaponry, etc., so can anyone tell me where to get it because Viz won't be releasing it for a while. Thanks in advance.

HK
9th June 2006, 7:23 PM
I bought this month's Shonen Jump for the sake of the Toriyama interview, despite my having developed a strong hatred for Viz and all of its merchandise(see the "WTF" thread I created) after Viz went back to making all those edits made to some of my favorite manga series(DB, Naruto, etc.).

FOR TEZUKA'S SAKE, IT'S ONLY THEIR SHONEN JUMP/SHONEN JUMP ADVANCED LINE. THE REST OF THEIR MATERIALS ARE FINE. GET. IT. THROUGH. YOUR. HEAD.

This is seriously p*ssing me off.

Even though it seemed like a carbon copy of Fullmetal Alchemist with all this Alchemy talk, I took a liking to the great artwork, amazing weaponry, etc., so can anyone tell me where to get it because Viz won't be releasing it for a while. Thanks in advance.

Because if it has some similar material and refences in it, then it must be a rip-off, right? I mean, in that case, most war films are rip-offs, right?

... Anyway, my bitterness aside, Viz will be releasing it this September, if I'm not mistaken. If you want scans, obviously links to them can't be given out here, but I can tell you that Buso Renkin only has about fifteen to twenty chapters scanned, so you'll have to wait, and, I dunno, actually buy the official releases.

That Scary Clefairy
9th June 2006, 8:28 PM
FOR TEZUKA'S SAKE, IT'S ONLY THEIR SHONEN JUMP/SHONEN JUMP ADVANCED LINE. THE REST OF THEIR MATERIALS ARE FINE. GET. IT. THROUGH. YOUR. HEAD.

This is seriously p*ssing me off.

Well RK and less extent Bleach are good SJ line from what i'm told.

MegaRob
23rd June 2006, 6:42 AM
Buso Renkin seems to have a much different feel from Kenshin. I wouldn't have even thought it was from the same creator if not for Shonen Jump saying otherwise. o_O;
Some nice humor there and nice art as well; but it makes me all the more scared of Japanese schools what with the strict atmosphere and such. Ah, and I got really worried when that homunculus ate the sister. Girls in peril in these anime/manga always gets me on the edge of my seat.
I'll have to buy the first GN when it comes out; looks like it's worth a shot. lol, who knows how long it'll be before the upcoming anime is licensed here though? :p

WheelerTheViper
4th July 2006, 3:25 AM
The artwork is SO nice. Somehow it puts Ruroni Kenshin to shame in my mind, it just looks better art wise. Story? Looks pretty intresting. I might buy it when it comes out, but maybe I'll read the whole thing first (I usually read the dang things at the store to try them out XD)

So I have high hopes for the series!

Harukuro
11th July 2006, 1:33 AM
I've read a bit of this series and I liked it. True the story reminded me of Fullmetal Alchemist at first, but then it gave it an interesting twist. I would recomend it and yes an anime version is coming out this fall. (in Japan that is);310;

That Scary Clefairy
11th July 2006, 3:58 AM
The artwork is SO nice. Somehow it puts Ruroni Kenshin to shame in my mind, it just looks better art wise. Story? Looks pretty intresting. I might buy it when it comes out, but maybe I'll read the whole thing first (I usually read the dang things at the store to try them out XD)

So I have high hopes for the series!

Personally the art style, the designs and drawings were much better in Kenshin than Buso Renkin. some where in the Jinchu arc is when Watsuki got duller in his draing and the style look too cartoony compare to his earlier volumes of RK. I love Kenshin and Kaoru's design in the first few volumes but soon as the volumes went on, it didn't statify me and look more blatent.

personal opinion. That's all.