PDA

View Full Version : What episodes are you looking forward to next season (U.S.)?

wobbanut
10th June 2006, 4:22 PM
Regardless of whether the voice actors change or not, which episodes are you anxious to see next season? (from the dojo episode through the latest episode) Here's my list:

-- May's time travel episode
-- Mime Jr.'s debut
-- the orienteering episode
-- Brock and May's contest
-- The Pike Queen Lucy episode
-- Psychic vs. Ghost episode (D'oh! How can I forget the Wobby in love episode?)

How about you?

CyberCubed
10th June 2006, 4:49 PM
All the Contests and Brain matches for sure.

Definitely the Pewter Gym and Team Rocket disbandment episode. Orienteering sounds good, the Bonsly capture episode, May's Eevee, etc.

Really, there is a LOT of good stuff in Battle Frontier. Even though I've seen some of them in Japanese, I can't wait for the dub. Hopefully the dub voices don't suck next season though.

jolteonjak
10th June 2006, 5:03 PM
Pretty much every episode from Manene on...only exceptions being the Jynx episode and the Scizor episode.

Its a major shame the old cast isn't doing this season. It really is becoming the best season of the entire series.

V Faction
10th June 2006, 5:09 PM
Can't say. I was looking forward to how 4Kids was going to handle this. The big episodes for sure.

Lil Brother
10th June 2006, 5:18 PM
In the order that I can think of them in...

-Pewter Gym
-Ho-Oh and evil Ash
-Tucker
-All of the contests
-Anabel eps
-Ninjas
-Chimecho leaving/Manene's capture
-Deoxys (probably two-parter)

But all of season nine is great. I hope the show stays like this throughout D/P and doesn't become another boring filler fest.

And if 4Kids were dubbing this, I would be absolutely dreading it actually. But they're probably keeping the music and that's a plus. ^^

Plus, Cartoon Network shows endings, right? Maybe we could get translations of Glory Day and May's Theme? :D *is way too hopeful about this*

And I'm waiting to see how they'll handle openings. Hopefully they translate/don't rape Spurt. I wouldn't mind Spurt to a Pokemon Theme remix...

EDIT: Great, I'm so used to Manene's original name I forgot it had a dubbed one. :/

Jo-Jo
10th June 2006, 5:23 PM
The ep where James gets Manene
The Brock vs. May contest
The ep where May gets her egg
The Wakana contest, of course! ;)
The TR disbandment ep
The Kanto GF, not that it's aired in Japan yet
All the contests with Harley in them

Contest Fan
10th June 2006, 7:07 PM
The Kanto GF, Every Contest but espeacially the May vs Jessie contest and the one where Harley beats May

.Bambi.
10th June 2006, 7:32 PM
- Gonbe's Battle Debut! Harley and taking the Game Seriously!
- Harley and Team Rocket! The Formation of the Villanious Alliance! [for Banette, if anything]
- Manene Appears! House of Relaxation! [Chimecho...;o;]
- Grovyle VS Tropius! Grass Field Duel!! [I'm shocked no one has said that one with the Caps Lock on]
- The Breeding Center and the Pokemon Egg! [So...much...HAPPENS!]

That's it. Yep, I'm not looking forward to a Brain Battle in particular because

1) I've seen all of them in Japanese
2) Either I disliked the Brain and the episode was good, or I LOVED the Brain and the episode was crap [Azami >.>]

Kabuto
10th June 2006, 7:40 PM
Mainly the Sceptile episodes look exciting. I also want to see the Brain battles and the Deoxys episode.

S.Suikun
10th June 2006, 7:44 PM
- The premiere episode, because I want to see if the voices have improved or not
- Dragonair's Lake and the Battle Pike, because they're the only two eps in the season that I have not seen already in Japanese

Ash6K
10th June 2006, 7:45 PM
The episodes I'd like to see are the episodes when Ash's Phanpy and Grovyle evolve (and episodes with Donphan vs. Seviper...then Charizard, and Sceptile vs. Deoxys then Regirock). I would like to see May's new Eevee and her contest with Brock too.

The Phantom Thief
10th June 2006, 8:15 PM
Well, I'm mostly looking foward to The Contest and Brain eps but others include:

Pewter Gym ep
Evil Ash ep
Mime Jr capture ep
Orienteering ep
Phanpy and Grovyle evolution eps
Bonsly Capture ep
The ep where May gets Eevee
Deoxys ep

I've seen some of these in Japanese but I look foward to hearing the dubbed version of them. Hopefully the new VA's have improved by the time Season 9 comes.

taitofan
10th June 2006, 9:10 PM
Harley's episodes, Wakana's contest, the other contests, the Brain battles, Manene's debut, possessed!Satoshi, the ninja episode, Kinya's episode, orienteering, Eevee's (egg and hatch) debuts, Roketto Dan's disbandment... And I think that's all. Oh, and the as-of-yet unaired GF. Yep.

Medea
10th June 2006, 11:36 PM
-All Harley episodes
-All Drew episodes
-Battle Dome
-Battle Pike

Ashy Boy
11th June 2006, 1:05 AM
Ash vs Spenser
The debut of the Pokemon Ranger
Anabel
The Battle Dome fight

Comis Patronus
11th June 2006, 1:06 AM
None, sadly. I stopped watching the anime......

The Great Butler
11th June 2006, 2:52 AM
The Brains, and maybe the Deoxys episode.

- Dragonair's Lake and the Battle Pike, because they're the only two eps in the season that I have not seen already in Japanese

Pike's on YouTube. I've watched it, and it's deathly boring >_>

Yamato-san
11th June 2006, 7:43 AM
- Grovyle VS Tropius! Grass Field Duel!! [I'm shocked no one has said that one with the Caps Lock on]

I really, really hope PUSA goes with a different type of voice for Grovyle. Honestly, there is no way in hell I can picture him in this episode with the f***ed-up voice that 4kids gave him. While they're at it, I hope they give Sceptile a similarly-fitting voice.

people already said what needed to be said about the Battle Pike. As for Hakuryuu's lake, it sucked. And I had my hopes up because the title featured my favorite Pokemon. T_T If only they let it play more of a role instead of appearing five seconds at the end like the Safari Zone episode... oh, and that f***ing turtle needs to die after the way it upstaged Heigani (whom the episode mostly focused on before that thing suddenly shows up and flaunts its new technique), degrading the episode worse than it already was... 'course, it needs to die for a million other reasons too, but I won't delve into them.

Orion-Sama
11th June 2006, 7:46 AM
Only looking forward for the 3 Hinata eppies to be honest. And any other Fan Service-heavy/esque episode there might be. Because that's the only thing I look forward to in the Anime anymore. :)

Sailor Merury
12th June 2006, 5:44 AM
Salon Maiden Anabel Enters!
Pokemon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!

♥Princess Ketchum♥
12th June 2006, 2:40 PM
I Am looking forward to

The Battle prymaid episode when ash goes evil and he other BF Battles
the GF
Drew episodes

jolteonjak
12th June 2006, 3:45 PM

Now that you mention it, I wonder how it'll be dubbed. Will PUSA talk about Grovyle/Sceptile's love for Meganium? How will they explain its amnesia of attacks (not the actual attack mind you)?

Aside from that, I'd say its up there for me because almost everyone was waiting for this day to come.

Gravy
12th June 2006, 4:01 PM
I really, really hope PUSA goes with a different type of voice for Grovyle. Honestly, there is no way in hell I can picture him in this episode with the f***ed-up voice that 4kids gave him. While they're at it, I hope they give Sceptile a similarly-fitting voice.
If 'The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon' is anything to go by, I wouldn't count on it. They'll either rip the voice from older episodes, or they'll get someone else to imitate it (ie. Combusken). So Grovyle will still sound like a ****, and Sceptile will still sound like a slightly altered Munchlax.
The apparant downside to continuity.

But anyway. I'm not looking forward to any in particular, seeing as I've already seen any episodes that are worth while. If anything, I'm more interested in seeing just how the series is going to be handled from the begining of season 9 onwards. Why look forward to seeing one or two episodes when every single one of 'em is going to have a surprise in store? :P

Oy. But if I had to choose, the episode where Chimecho is left behind is one I'm looking forward to seeing.
And the battle dome episode. Lets see if they decide to camp up Tucker.
Ahh, and the Pewter Gym battle episode! Lets see if they research that Chronicles crap and give all of the Brocklings the same names!

Yamato-san
12th June 2006, 11:13 PM
If 'The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon' is anything to go by, I wouldn't count on it. They'll either rip the voice from older episodes, or they'll get someone else to imitate it (ie. Combusken). So Grovyle will still sound like a ****, and Sceptile will still sound like a slightly altered Munchlax.

what about Absol? To hell with continuity, I say. Nintendo took the rights away from 4kids for a reason: they were f***ing up badly in recent years (worse than usual, in any case), and they knew Pokemon needed to be saved from their greedy clutches once and for all. Considering Grovyle is one voice that fans tend to complain about (seriously, no thought must've been put into that one. I wouldn't be surprised if 4kids based that voice by taking one glance Sugimori's rather laidback-looking artwork and stuck with it), there is some chance PUSA would change it to fit him better. Besides, if the voice actors are gonna be different, and there's likely gonna be a sudden shift towards the usage of original background music, do you think PUSA will care about how one Pokemon says its name (especially if it was deemed horrible and unfitting by several fans during 4kids's run)?

CyberCubed
12th June 2006, 11:25 PM
Grovyle isn't around for that long when the dub continues anyway. It has the Greta battle and some minor stuff otherwise, but then it evolves soon enough so it's not that big a deal.

V Faction
13th June 2006, 1:59 AM
Ah, new voice actors imitating bad voices of old voice actors. Can things get any worse?

Rather than suffer through PUSA's feeble attemps at trying to recreate 376 4Kids Pokemon voices, they should just stick with the original Japanese voices--Honest to God. This whole change is supposed to be some sort of ressurection... why not go the distance?

CyberCubed
13th June 2006, 2:14 AM
Because we're not going to hear Squirtle go, "Zeni Zeni!" when the names have nothing in common.

BTW, I thought most of the voices in the Mastermind special were spot on. The new Machamp sounded identical to 4kids one, as did May's Squirtle.

Yamato-san
13th June 2006, 2:26 AM
the way Machamp say their name in the English version aren't that much different from Kairikii in the Japanese version, anyway. As for Squirtle... I haven't watched it in a dub episode yet (though I've heard its voice isn't the same as Ash's Squirtle), but in the Japanese version, that baby voice is enough to make me cringe. By making it sound like Ash's Squirtle, and therefor less annoying, I'd say PUSA handled it very nicely.

TwilightFacade
13th June 2006, 2:35 AM
The Psychic vs. Ghost episode first of all just to hear if the voices got better.
The Manene/Chimecho episode.
I heard that the Orienteering episode was good.
The contests/festival
The Pewter episode to see Ludicolo for like 5 seconds. :P
The Brain episodes.

CyberCubed
13th June 2006, 2:41 AM
the way Machamp say their name in the English version aren't that much different from Kairikii in the Japanese version, anyway. As for Squirtle... I haven't watched it in a dub episode yet (though I've heard its voice isn't the same as Ash's Squirtle), but in the Japanese version, that baby voice is enough to make me cringe. By making it sound like Ash's Squirtle, and therefor less annoying, I'd say PUSA handled it very nicely.

May's Squirtle basically sounds like a younger version of Ash's Squirtle. Which is good.

4kids even made an attempt to make her Bulbasaur sound female, with a much higher voice compared to Ash's Bulbasaur. Which again, is good.

Shift
13th June 2006, 3:11 AM
I'd really like to know where I can listen to clips of the Japanese Pokémon like Grovyle, because I have no clue as to what they originally sounded like before the dub and I can't find videos on Youtube to help me out.

Oh, and I guess I'm looking forward to the Psychic vs Ghost episode, since Haunter had one of my favorite dub voices, and I'm interested in seeing how they'll handle it.

HoennMaster
15th June 2006, 6:19 AM
Chimecho/Manene
All Brain battles and Contest episode.
The Jynx one
Pewter Gym one
Almost everyone actually

Swellow
15th June 2006, 8:55 PM
The Phan with out a Plan lol aka Ash's Donphan's Grand Debut.
The Spenser helping Scept get his Groove Back
Snorlax's Return
Chimecho's Leave
Marsh, Marsh, Marshtomp Go! lol

jolteonjak
15th June 2006, 8:59 PM
After today, the GF looks like it'll be very good!

TotodileCharizard
19th June 2006, 11:31 PM
I'm pretty much lookin' forward to the BF episodes AND....

-Grovyle VS Tropius! Grass Field Duel!
-Sceptile! Dawn of Revival!

Yeah......

Seiryu
19th June 2006, 11:54 PM
Let's see...

-Salon Maiden Anabel Enters!
-Battle Tower! Telepathy Battle! (Anabel's battle style = pwnage)
-Munchlax's Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously! (Harley beats May. What other reason do I need?)
-The Red Inazuma Skyscraper! (Scizor's one of my favorites, so what can I say?)
-Decisive Game! May vs. Brock!
-Brock and Ash! Defense of Pewter Gym in Tag Battle? (Anytime Brock battles = win for me.)
-Harley and Team Rocket! The Formation of the Villainous Alliance!
-May vs. Jessie! The Final Contest (Harley rocks. 'Nuff said. Too bad he loses almost every time he fights May D: )
-Battle Pyramid! VS Regirock! (Possessed Ash FTW, seriously.)

'Course, I'm looking forward to most of the eps in the saga (like every contest and Brain ep), but these are the ones I most certainly will not miss.

ultima keyblade
20th June 2006, 6:12 PM
All of may's contests, and her Eevee.
Brain fights.
that's all I'm looking forward to for now.(mostly the Eevee)

intergalactic platypus
21st June 2006, 7:17 PM
Everything to see how PUSA handles the dub, but the main indicators will be
-All 4th gen debuts, particularly Manenes-not only will we see new pokemon, but we can see if this voice director thinks James should ever be serious
-The Tucker ep because we can see if the new dubbers will take the same "00ber stereotypes" route to the extent of 4Kids

The Benmeister
21st June 2006, 8:21 PM
The Chimecho/Manene episode, and the episode where Grovyle evolves. Oh, and the Munchlax vs. Octillery contest. Not to say everything else won't be great, but I watn to see those most of all.

Manene!
21st June 2006, 10:28 PM
- All of May's Contests.
- Lucy .vs. Ash battle.
- Manene centric Episodes.
- May time travel episode.
- All evolution/capture episodes.
- A few others that I can't remember.

GreenKirby
21st June 2006, 11:20 PM
Battle Dome! Fusion of Fire and Water!
Fierce Fighting Battle Pike! VS Pike Queen Lucy!
Munchlax's Debut Battle! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!
Sceptile! Dawn of Revival!
Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battke Palace!

The last 3 are the ones I'm looking foward to the most.

Episodes I will miss:

A Hurdle for Squirtle!
The Rival is Salaryman!
Grovyle vs Tropius! Grass Field Duel!
Battle Pyramid! VS Regirock!
May vs Harley! Double Battle on Stage!

ZTcrazy
23rd June 2006, 5:40 PM
I'm really looking forward to the BF brain battles, since I heard they are brilliant and fun to watch. I also can't wait for the contest episodes, they're always interesting and also Mime Jr. and Bonsly's debut.

SneaselDude777
25th June 2006, 10:40 PM
the mime.jr episode
when eevee hatches from it's egg
the frontier brains episodes
perappu's episode
weavile's episode
when ash's grovyle turns into sceptile episode
actually, i can't wait for all of them

◘Ins0mnIac◘
25th June 2006, 10:55 PM
#1 Perrapu's debut
#2 Regirock episode
#3 Tropius vs. Grovyle
#4 Maenene(I can't bring myself to call it Jr. Mime)'s debut
#5 Harley & Team Rocket! The Formation of the Villanious Alliance! <That just looks awesome!
#6 Eevee's hatching
yea...thats about it.....