PDA

View Full Version : CanonSwingersShipping - AshxMistyxDrewxMay

Swifty
10th June 2006, 5:53 PM
A 4 person "pairing" although the word "pairing" is a misnomer. It's basically 3PShipping but with Drew thrown (literally?) in there.

Basically, this is pretty much an amalgamation of the popular ships of the two main characters (Ash and May) and the cross products of the two supporting characters involved with them (Drew and Misty). I thought of this while chatting with some of the peeps o'er at the CS thread and the Drew Club. Canon thrown in there as these ships are the most contended for canon status. Swingers thrown in there... Uh, no comment...

Pretty much, this is the umbrella of the disjoint set of:
RespectShipping (DrewxAsh)
AdvanceShipping (AshxMay)
3PShipping (AshxMayxMisty)
PokeShipping (AshxMisty)
ImageShipping (MistyxMay)
WaterFlowerShipping (DrewxMisty)
ContestShipping (DrewxMay)

I don't know how much conversation and dialogue we'll get out of this thread, but we'll take what we can get and we'll produce what we can.

Jo-Jo
10th June 2006, 5:55 PM
AhahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahaha.

Oh dearie me.

I feel compelled to support this for the lolz.

CyberCubed
10th June 2006, 5:56 PM
So this thread is basically to mix and match the four characters with each other, to see how many possible pairings you can get?

Might as well just have group sex while you're at it.

Swifty
10th June 2006, 6:00 PM
So this thread is basically to mix and match the four characters with each other, to see how many possible pairings you can get?

Dude, I put the word "swingers" in the ship name for a reason. ;)

Ampris
10th June 2006, 6:00 PM
Heh, I like the sound of this, throw all the 'ships together and see what happens:D
I actually rather like the idea because it would liven up what are, for the most part, in my eyes some rather dull shippings (no offense). Someone should get writing and come up with an insane rambling fic to suit this whimsical dream "pairing".

EDIT: Now I know I'm typing too slowly. Three responses in the time it took me to type this? Yeesh.

Jo-Jo
10th June 2006, 6:41 PM
So long as it doesn't end up as a 'Closer' scenario...

I think that's the point. ;)

NoDot
10th June 2006, 7:01 PM
What about Wakana? :)

Jo-Jo
10th June 2006, 7:04 PM
Awwww, poor Wakana.

I know, she can get together with Max! Problem solved, and May gets a sister-in-law. Yay!

CyberCubed
10th June 2006, 7:12 PM
Wakana is probably 10 and Max is like 8 or so, not too bad an age difference but not far from May and Max's age different either. Then again, May looks far more developed and mature than Wakana did, so the age gap has a different effect here.

I hate the way the Pokemon writers make some characters actually look their age, (Wakana, she's flat-chested and is rather short and child-like,) and then you have May, who looks like she can pass for 16.

Same goes for Ash and May, really. Ash is at least 2-3 years older than her, yet May is roughly his height and the writers treat them as if they're the same age anyway.

Swifty
10th June 2006, 10:14 PM
What about Wakana? :)
She doesn't seem pertinent to this ship unless she wants to be the third- I mean, fifth wheel.

CyberCubed
10th June 2006, 10:17 PM
Who is fourth-wheel then?

Tracey?

Swifty
10th June 2006, 10:24 PM
I dunno if I have my dating arithmetic and calculus correct. :P

I'm assuming in the definition of third wheel the third wheel is defined to be the friend without a partner in a group comprised of the couple and one person. The fifth wheel in this case would be the friend without a partner in a group comprised of two couples and one person.

Kveran
12th June 2006, 3:58 AM
Hey, if it'll keep the different ship'doms from killing each other, I'm all for it.

GladiariaAlata
12th June 2006, 5:34 AM
((Bangs hand on desk, laughing)) This is just GREAT! A combination of some of the most debated ships. This would just solve the problems! I'm in!