PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist ships

Ketsuban
10th June 2006, 8:33 PM
Hah, just watch this turn into a pit of Roy/Ed and Ed/Winry... ha ha ._.

So let's discuss ships from FMA! And please, no flaming. There's going to be yaoi and yuri and incest in this thread, so go bugger off if you don't like it. Or just politely explain your opinions. Either's fine.

The most "normal" pairing I support is Hawkeye/Mustang; boring, yeah, but it just appeals to me.

And then there's my OTP, Russel/Fletcher. I also support Ed/Al, but not as much.

In addition, I'm firmly of the belief that Belshio and Nash were a couple before Magwar came along and stole the latter. Ah, triangles~

When it comes to manga-only I support Ran Fan/Ling (how obvious can you get?) and Al/Mei (socute!)

Thoughts? Other pairings? Discussion? Flames? *readies marshmallows*

taitofan
10th June 2006, 9:32 PM
RusselxFletcherxEdxAl pwns. <3 And practically any combo you make of them. I rather like EdxFletcher myself...

GreedxEd is my OTP, while EnvyxEd is a very close second. EnvyxGreed was somewhat canon in that mini-OAV... Okay, it was Greed flirting with Envy disguised as Winry, but let me have my fun. X3 GreedxEnvyxEd is my shiny OT3. <3

GreedxKimblee has nice UST, while ArcherxKimblee is teh sex. WrathxAl is adorable, and EnvyxWrath just looks pretty. What else...? RoyxMaes is good, as are JeanxEd, WinryxSheska, RizaxEd (the only het in this fandom I like), and RizaxWinry.

I believe that's all. Though I'm sure I've forgotten something. ^^;

Hah, just watch this turn into a pit of Roy/Ed and Ed/Winry... ha ha ._.Oddly enough, RoyxEd has never appealed to me. Well, neither has EdxWinry, but that's no surprise to anyone who knows me. ^^;

Ketsuban
10th June 2006, 11:13 PM
I dun like Roy/Ed either D:

Ooh, Riza/Winry! I forgot about that one! I lurff it too... and yes, the Blondpile. And Al/Fletcher is just too cute for words.

Greed flirted with Envy? XDD

taitofan
10th June 2006, 11:28 PM
I remember the Blondepile thread. It was fun, even if it was just the two of us. X3

And yes, Greed was flirting with Envy, and it made me laugh heartily. Envy was disguised as Winry, and Greed was flirting with "her." When Envy turned back to himself... It was amusing to see his face go red that quickly, oh yes it was. And then there was the other mini-OAV with the SD characters when all the guys were swooning over chibi!Envy... Man, those were gold. <3

Ketsuban
11th June 2006, 1:36 AM
I really must see these OVAs. XD

Ed Elric Bunny
11th June 2006, 3:17 AM
Err I'm not obsessed with the series like I used to, but what the hey.

Al x Fletcher: So cute. <3 I can imagine them cuddling and the like. xD

Ed x Russel: HAWT.

Roy x Riza: The only het couple I like in this series. I like how they acted towards eachother in the last episode, it was romantic. xD;

That's probably it, I now remember I didn't like much couples from this series. Although if I had a stronger like for Winry ( Not that I hate her..anymore x: ), I'd probably support Winry x Sheska.

OH. And may I add that I don't like Ed/Roy either. Never appealed to me, since it didn't make sense in my book, but then again, if that doesn't, I kinda guess Ed/Russel wouldn't either. XD;; Oh well.

MarcmenX
11th June 2006, 8:06 AM
I'm not a fan of Elricest... no, it's not becuase it's incest, I do support a few incest pairings myself, but Elricest just isn't one of them... Why? Becuase I think Ed and Al's relationship is as touching and heart warming as it is, no need for it to become sexual... what I'm saying is, I just think they love each other enough as it is, and they're relationship is perfect already (Don't hurt me...)

Pairings I'm into:

Marta (The snake girl) X Al

Ed X Donte (when she's in Lyra's body)

Hughes X Schezka (Can't spell her name, but I always thought that despite Hughes being married, there was something going on between the too)

Lust X Ed , Izumi X Ed (Becuase I can) , Ed X Rose, Winry X Schezka (Can't spell her damn name...)

Al X Sloth (I told you I was into a few incest pairings >.>)

Ed X Winry (Typical, I know, I know, but I can't help it >.>)

oh, and sometimes I like Ed X Envy, however, I perfer that Envy take Winry's form, make Ed do him, and afterward Envy turns back to Winry and taunts Ed like "HA HA! YOU DID A GUY!" and Ed goes "HA HA I GOT YOU PREGNANT!" and Envy shuts up and is like "oh crap..."

Saffire Persian
11th June 2006, 8:28 AM
I prefer the normal "cannon" ships. (Well, as canon as you can get.) As in Roy x Riza, Ed x Winry.

I don't see why people see them as boring at all :S

I, too, must see those OVAs XD.

Spookz
11th June 2006, 8:34 AM
To be honest, I only like a couple of pairings in FMA. The whole plotline and everything just seems so complex that few of them seem very likely. I usually find myself supporting ships that could actually work out/make sense. [/babble]

I'm rather fond of Roy x Riza and for some reason I rather like the idea of Lust x Greed, don't ask me why, possibly because they're my favorite of the seven.

Ketsuban
13th June 2006, 8:50 PM
Hughes X Schezka

O-omg I forgot that one. I can't help thinking Schiesca has a crush on Hughes, how sweet...

Haine
15th June 2006, 6:47 AM
I don't tend to care that much for shipping but it can be fun to pair up characters.

I like Ed x Riza - I don't know why.

Saffire Persian
16th June 2006, 2:25 AM
Hughes X Schezka (Can't spell her name, but I always thought that despite Hughes being married, there was something going on between the too)

Interesting pairing - but I see it as one-sided. o.0 To me, Hughes was the ultimate family man. I can't see him betraying his wife for another woman. XD... I miss him, dang it.

Ketsuban
16th June 2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, that's why I don't really like Roy/Maes... well, maybe before Hughes got married it could have worked, or maybe Maes and Gracia are just so much in love that they know they could sleep with other people and still remain together. Roy/Maes/Gracia would be fun~ <3

taitofan
16th June 2006, 11:24 PM
I like it pre-marriage myself, or AU. Though a threesome does sound nice... X3

I like Ed x Riza - I don't know why.Same here. I read a fic with it as the secondary couple, and I liked it sooo much. I still don't know why though. ^^; But the pretty fanart I've seen certainly helped, let me tell you.

Mimori Kiryu
16th June 2006, 11:29 PM
Yayz. FMA couples. ^0^ I love the normal ones, such as Ed/Winry, Roy/Riza, Al/Winry, but...

I'm a no-no for Elricest. >_< I would explain, but you'd end up being here all day. I don't like it. Period. D:

But, I'm fond of these: Ed/Roy, Ed/Envy, Ed/Lust, Winry/Riza, Al/Fletcher (OMFG, hot!!~~<3333 My OTP right herez)

I could go on. XD

GetBacker
27th June 2006, 2:12 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those animes in which no shippings or potential shippings jump out me, and I'm hard pressed to even think of any. (I assume Maes x Mrs Hughes is cheating). I don't like Roy/Ed or Elricest and anyway I don't think either them work or make sense.

The only FMAship I can think of is Al+Fletcher (youngerbrothershipping?).

(Can anyone think of a shipping involving Scar?)

Nylf
28th June 2006, 9:45 PM
Scar x Lust(anime only)

Scar x Ran Fan(manga only)

I only support the first one, but you asked for some Scar pairings, you got some Scar pairings.

Dull as dirt here. Ed x Rose, Ed x Winry...that's it.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I like het pairings.

Ketsuban
29th June 2006, 1:57 AM
That's okay, het is just fine! ^_^

How about manga-version Scar x Marcoh? *has a sick mind*

Orenji-chan
25th December 2006, 6:49 PM
I personally like Winry and Ed, you can tell that Winry has deep feelings for Ed through the series, (When she isn't beating him up with a wrench or making him drink his milk! XD) I am also a Riza and Roy supported because I think they can balance eachother out, but that's just my opinon! ^^

Demon of Light
25th December 2006, 7:19 PM
I'm very fond of Roy x Riza. I just like their interaction and how they care for each other. I love the last episode of the anime and chapter 39 of the manga for the exact same reason.

I also give a thumbs up for one-sided Al x Riza. I don't know why, I just think Al having a crush on Riza is a cute idea.

Anabel
26th December 2006, 8:13 PM
I'm partial to Ed/Winry myself, but my favorite would have to be Royai. Riza's just so loyal to Roy, and it's quite clear that he's fond of her (at the very least in a platonic way).

Mandi.
26th December 2006, 8:19 PM
I'm one of the few people who don't like Ed/Winry. I go for Roy/Ed, instead. But FMA is one of the only shows where shipping isn't an important thing to me. The only shipping I really like in the show is Roy/Ed, and I'm still not that crazy of a fan. xD

Light Venusaur
26th December 2006, 8:19 PM
I really must see these OVAs. XD

You can have a look @ most of the OVA's over @ MySpace acc. (http://www.myspace.com/light_venusaur)
Anyways I support Ed/Winry shipping!
I'm making banners that we can use.
Edit:
Done!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/FMA/FMA-1.png
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/FMA/FMA-1.png
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/FMA/FMA-2.png
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/FMA/FMA-2.png
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/FMA/FMA-3.png
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/FMA/FMA-3.png

Ketsuban
26th December 2006, 9:09 PM
Thanks, LV, but I can't view videos since I only use public computers...

Anyway, since the last time this thread was updated, I stopped shipping Elricest but I still like Tringhamcest. I also like Ed/Alfons (c'mon it was so canon) and Ed/Selim (Selim has a huge crush on him in the manga, it's SO cute).