PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Death Battles.

AmeldaS
12th June 2006, 12:48 AM
Question,
In how many episodes, and who was battleing when there was sudden death?

Thanks!

V Faction
12th June 2006, 1:03 AM
Sudden Death Gym Battles: Uhh... None, if I'm thinking correctly. Battles... It's really hard to end that way with them.

Sudden Death Contests: Just one and that was the most recent Contest between Jessie and May. If someone could be kind enough to say the name of the city...

S.Suikun
12th June 2006, 1:03 AM
The only one that sticks out in my mind was the most recent contest with May/Squirtle vs. Jessie/Banette. They both had equal points when the timer ticked down, so they went into a no-limit sudden death match.

EDIT: God dammit, V.

CyberCubed
12th June 2006, 1:04 AM
There are no sudden deaths in Gyms, because there's never any time limit!

V Faction
12th June 2006, 1:08 AM
EDIT: God dammit, V.
God damn me indeed, S.S. Yes.

There are no sudden deaths in Gyms, because there's never any time limit!
That's exactly it! You either Faint, don't Faint, or tie by knocking each other out.

CyberCubed
12th June 2006, 1:15 AM
That's exactly it! You either Faint, don't Faint, or tie by knocking each other out.

Makes you wonder why EVERY single referee at a Gym says "No time limit!" in the rules when there's NEVER any time limit. Wuh?

V Faction
12th June 2006, 1:16 AM
My guess is either one too many drinky-winkies or mouth flap compensation.

AmeldaS
12th June 2006, 2:31 AM
Thanks!
can close this now.

Psydaquil
19th June 2006, 6:04 AM
What would happen if it was 1 vs. 1 and they fainted together?

Gigusei
19th June 2006, 2:52 PM
What would happen if it was 1 vs. 1 and they fainted together?You'd have this brand new thing called a draw or maybe even a tie...

Phosphate
19th June 2006, 3:50 PM
In the episode where Ash battled a Skarmory, his Cyndaquil went into a sudden death match. It was flamethrower vs. Steel Wing, and Cyndiquil won.

Ashy Boy
19th June 2006, 4:54 PM
- The battles in the Raikou special
- Charizard vs Entei
- Charizard vs Blasiken
- Charizard vs Magmar
- The battles in the Mirage Pokemon special
- The big fight in the first movie

Dogasu
24th June 2006, 12:34 AM
Um...you do realize that "sudden death matches" and "battles to the death" are two different things, right?

High Commander Solomon
24th June 2006, 4:59 AM
They could have a double-knockout at the end of a gym or league battle. Certainly we've seen a double-knockout, but it wasn't an elimination match, so we know it COULD come about.