PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Blood Funnel

~RaikouRider243~
12th June 2006, 3:06 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ravnica/blood_funnel.jpg
BLOOD FUNNEL
Ravnica: City of Guilds rare

1B: Enchantment

Noncreature spells you play cost 2 less to play.

Whenever you play a noncreature spell, counter that spell unless you sacrifice a creature.

---

Outside of Golgari, I don't like this card. The drag is it doesn't reduce colored mana costs. The reason Golgari loves this card is sacrificing creatures is a good thing (triggers stuff like Golgari Germination and Savra's abilities.) Black token decks can also make use of this card so long as most of their spells aren't too color heavy. Sure, it makes your spells cost less, but it can bite back hard if you're not careful with it.

2.5/5

klducks
12th June 2006, 4:01 AM
Obviously, this card can heavily be abused if based around it.

The one thing I like about this card the most is the fact that can you can play this TURN TWO. Every other card that's based around is always 4+ so the deck also has to figure out a way to not be killed before you even play your based card. Not to mention, this isn't going to be your win condition either while other based cards card is so even if you get this cranial extracted, you can still win. It would also speed up the game for you.

HOWEVER, the fact that you can only play noncreature spells CAN bite you in the ***, leaving you wide open for full swings. Pack some removal and a fine win condition and play this card.

You cant really give this card a rate though...

Shadow Trainer
12th June 2006, 6:00 AM
I guess this could work in some kind of wierd combo deck that wins by playing a spell and generates tokens or plays small creatures. 1/5

Rudimentarybrain
12th June 2006, 6:42 AM
this card is way too limited, the only good thing about it is the 1B casting cost, and even if you get it out turn two what are you going to do with it? with so many better things to be using your mana and deckspace on, especially with an MBC deck, this card just isnt playable, especially in tournament. I'd give it a 1/5, just another $1 rare.

Felix Feral Fezirix
13th June 2006, 4:15 AM
I don't get it. Maybe you combo it? I dunno. ANd you can sill play creatures. You just don't have to sacrifice them. Of course, Golgari will welcome this with open arms, but this card...is just one of those cards doesn't really have any use. >_<

skiboydoggy
13th June 2006, 6:15 AM
Hmmm... If you're playing tokens, like Evangel or something, it could come in useful.
Bogarden Hammer being cheap... Hmmm...