PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Woodwraith Corrupter

~RaikouRider243~
13th June 2006, 3:59 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ravnica/woodwraith_corrupter.jpg

WOODWRAITH CORRUPTER
Ravnica: City of Guilds rare

3BBG: Creature - Elemental Horror

1BG, T: Target Forest becomes a 4/4 black and green Elemental Horror creature. It's still a land.

3/6

=======================

Notice it doesn't say "until end of turn." Yep, this thing permanently changes lands into creatures, even if he dies. 4/4 is a nice size too...and being black, they can't be Terrored or Sealed. It doesn't die to Last Gasp, nor to Helix. Red decks need at least a Char to kill it. The card is kinda expensive, but if you're running green/black, you should have revive cards like Vigor Mortis, Zombify...so just dump (dredge) and revive.

3/5

Note: I know I'm reviewing a lot of ravnica but that's when I started playing the game. Hopefully I'll start going to dissension/guildpact, maybe older sets.

Felix Feral Fezirix
13th June 2006, 4:36 AM
I started at Kamigawa or something. >_< My first deck was The Plague theme deck from Urza's Saga, which I pulled out of my cousin's drawers chock-full of old stuff. >_<

This isn't that useful. I'd rather keep my forests for mana. Mana mana mana. Yay. I mean, it's much easier to yank a heck lot of creatures out of your hand and beat down on your opponent, right?

Nevertheless, it's kinda useful.

2.75/5.

Rudimentarybrain
13th June 2006, 6:02 AM
Pikachuism, you may still tap the forests for mana. I started playing when mercadian masques came out, woooo bribery! anyway, the card is kind of alright, I'd rather use more elements of control in a BG deck than spend my mana and deckspace on another overpriced elemental, whatever, 1.5/5.

skiboydoggy
13th June 2006, 7:21 AM
O_o
It's still a land though, which should prove useful in situations, although I'd rather "Enchant" a land with something like Dawn's Reflection or something.

Shadow Trainer
13th June 2006, 6:21 PM
Useful for turning those extra lands into effecient beaters and the six toughness is not bad either. 2/5

Runeseekermew
14th June 2006, 1:19 AM
this card is awesome. think about it. if the wraith costs 6 to play, that means in three turns, you will have a mini army of 4/4 lands. couple that with coat of arms, and every one of those is now a 9/9. and if you have alpha status* then one of those lands becomes a 19/19!!! the possibilities are endless. not to mention, engineered plague doesn't really affect it.
*(2G enchantment-Aura enchanted creature gets +2/+2 for each other creature in play thay shares a creature type with it)
EDIT: Yay! my 20th post!!
EDIT EDIT: this card is like a 4.5/5, and i'm just wondering why everyone is marking it so low.

Felix Feral Fezirix
14th June 2006, 4:35 AM
Because it is teh expensive.

As a creature, your land is now in danger of "destroy" effects for creatures. Being a land is so much safer. Though if you really want to, you can transform them...

It's just not economically viable. If you survive till late game, you can just this, but before that you'll have to drive mana acceleration to play it. Not to mention you can't risk losing a land if your opponent has cards that kill creatures outright. >_<