PDA

View Full Version : rate my deck (i am a beginner)

sander2505
14th June 2006, 10:46 PM
15 fire energys
1 salamence ex:dragon
1 shelgon ex: delta species
1 bagon ex: dragon
1 bagon ex: delta species
2 eevee neo discovery
1 flareon ex ex: delta species
1 torchic ex holon phantoms
2 torchic ex dragon
1 combusken ex holon phantoms
1 combusken ex dragon
1 blaziken ex emerald
3 horsea ex holon phantoms
2 seadra ex holon phantoms
1 kingdra ex holon phantoms
1 latias ex holon phantoms
1 torkoal ex legend maker

Headshot-Jackal465
14th June 2006, 11:14 PM
Mind if Im critical?

First of all, Im not a master of the new cards, so I can't really judge you on that, but a few things seem to stick out for me...

1: Never use singles, what if one is a prize? then, you're sunk.
2: Try not to put more than one macro-evolver--for example, bulbasaur--> Ivysaur--> Venusaur isd a macro while zubat-->golbat is a mirco...rayquaza ia a basic. Having too many macros is dangerous since you're putting too many cards in for one or two evolutions...
3: Watch out for energy droughts, they're bad, so I always use at least 21 energy.
4: Trainers are giood, try to use them.

Sorry to be critical, I used to be the same way. If you need any help in anything ever, pm me, alright.
-RnR, always your HeadshotJackal

NateDawg161992
14th June 2006, 11:53 PM
Mind if Im critical?

First of all, Im not a master of the new cards, so I can't really judge you on that, but a few things seem to stick out for me...

1: Never use singles, what if one is a prize? then, you're sunk.
2: Try not to put more than one macro-evolver--for example, bulbasaur--> Ivysaur--> Venusaur isd a macro while zubat-->golbat is a mirco...rayquaza ia a basic. Having too many macros is dangerous since you're putting too many cards in for one or two evolutions...
3: Watch out for energy droughts, they're bad, so I always use at least 21 energy.
4: Trainers are giood, try to use them.

Sorry to be critical, I used to be the same way. If you need any help in anything ever, pm me, alright.
-RnR, always your HeadshotJackal

I play competively, and agree with moat of Head shot Jackals comments except for 3. Energies in competitive decks rango from 12 to 18 so 15 seems like a good number to me. And about 2 just call it a stage 2 line if it evolves twice, stage 1 if it evolves once, and basic if it doesn't evolve. Also Headshot wouldn't Zubat-Golbat be a Macro because it evolves into Crobat.

For the deck cards from the sets made before Hidden legends can't be used.

4 Bagon (#57 Delta Species)
3 Shelgon (#53 DS)
4 Salamence (DS)
3 Pidgey (Fire Red/Leaf Green)
2 Pidgeotto (FR/LG)
2 Pidgeot (FR/LG)
2 Pidgeot (Holon Phantoms)

4 Rare Candy
4 Celios
2 Great Ball
3 Stevens
2 Copycat
2 Rockets Admin
4 Holons Research Tower
1 Desert Ruins
2 Pow! Hand Exstension

4 Metal
10 Fire
4 Holon FF

I think thats 60 cards. The strat: would be to set up the Pidgeot from FR/LG
and start searching for the cards you need. Once you get Salamence up and have Holon Reasearch Tower in play you can deal 100 damage a turn while discarding a Fire energy instead of a Metal. The other Pidgeot and Holon FF are for when the deck is set up and you don't need to use Poke Powers anymore, because it shuts down the opponents Poke-Powers with a Holon Energy attached. Holon Energy FF also gets rid of Pidgeots terrible weakness to Colorless. Pow! is for when you're behind, Rockets Admin; Copycat: and Stavens Advice are draw, Metal is damage Reduction, and Desert Ruins is for ex's.

Hope this helps:D

Headshot-Jackal465
15th June 2006, 4:25 PM
Also Headshot wouldn't Zubat-Golbat be a Macro because it evolves into Crobat.

Touche. I play the old sets pre-neo, so Crobat slipped my mind.
Ive just been in way too many energy droughts in my life, so I tend to go for 20-22 energy...its a habit of mine. But if you're serious about a copmpetition, I guess there every card counts.

Question: did they reprint gust of wind? If so and it is legal, use that, it may be one of the best, most undereated trainer cards out there. Great for easy KOs and stalling, so its both a defensive and an offensive trainer...helps you gain and keep control of a game both.

okothnuva
16th June 2006, 2:30 AM
15 fire energys
1 salamence ex:dragon
1 shelgon ex: delta species
1 bagon ex: dragon
1 bagon ex: delta species
2 eevee neo discovery
1 flareon ex ex: delta species
1 torchic ex holon phantoms
2 torchic ex dragon
1 combusken ex holon phantoms
1 combusken ex dragon
1 blaziken ex emerald
3 horsea ex holon phantoms
2 seadra ex holon phantoms
1 kingdra ex holon phantoms
1 latias ex holon phantoms
1 torkoal ex legend maker

3 Salamence Delta
2 Shelgon Delta
3 Bagon Delta
2 Kingdra Holon Phantoms
1 Kingdra Team Rocket Returns
2 Seadra Holon Phantoms
3 Horsea Holon Phantoms
1 Milotic Hidden Legends
1 Feebas Emerald

3 Celio's Network
3 Rare Candy
3 Holon Research Tower
1 Island Cave
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
3 Holon Transceiver
3 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Researcher
3 Holon Adventurer
1 Holon Farmer
1 Holon Scientist
2 Rocket's Admin.

4 Metal Energy
3 Rainbow Energy
2 Heal Energy
6 Fire Energy

Got rid of some of the excessive evo lines and the non-Modified cards and put in some trainers to fit your deck better.

NateDawg161992
16th June 2006, 3:16 PM
With Pidgeot it's kinda hard to have energy droughts because he can search for the energies. GoW wasn't reprinted which is a pain because it's so good.

Shiloh Phoenix
19th June 2006, 6:41 PM
that original list is probably all the cards the dude has, since it's not even 60 cards.

sander2505
19th June 2006, 9:50 PM
i got much more card i think about 7000 cards i think or maybe even more.

Shiloh Phoenix
20th June 2006, 2:34 AM
well then make it 60 cards.

jindahouse
8th July 2006, 10:02 AM
I dont really know the knew cards well but with my deck I always used to have 25 energys 25 pokemon and 10 trainers to help you in a tough situation

okothnuva
8th July 2006, 8:14 PM
I dont really know the knew cards well but with my deck I always used to have 25 energys 25 pokemon and 10 trainers to help you in a tough situation

Pfft.

12-21 Pokemon
13-17 Energy
22-35 Trainers