PDA

View Full Version : May, We Harley Drew'd Ya! (456)

Pages : [1] 2

Serebii
15th June 2006, 1:48 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/456.jpgBegin! Pokémon Contest - Grand Festival!

It's time for the Grand Festival. May is eager to enter to try and best her place in the Hoenn Grand Festival. However she soon learns that her rivals Harley and Drew are also participating in this Grand Festival. The preliminary appeals are up first and May finds a whole new challenge in besting another co-ordinator and her elegant Lapras. Will May get through the preliminaries?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/456.shtml)

Discuss

Nintendo Theatre
15th June 2006, 3:13 PM
Okay, I've just seen the episode and wow, just wow.

I won't spoil much until a few more people have seen it but I can say it was extremely enjoyable, for me anyways, I'm a huge May fan...

Ashy Boy
15th June 2006, 3:15 PM
What did Team Rocket do this time?

Nintendo Theatre
15th June 2006, 3:18 PM
Well, Team Rocket, thankfully, were not a giant plot device oin this one. Like most of the GF's and Tournaments, they stayed in the background and did normal, fun Team Rocket stuff.

Ashy Boy
15th June 2006, 3:22 PM
Well, Team Rocket, thankfully, were not a giant plot device oin this one. Like most of the GF's and Tournaments, they stayed in the background and did normal, fun Team Rocket stuff.
Why, you think Jessie would make another sad attempt to wreak havoc in the festival just like in the Hoenn region.

Alfonso
15th June 2006, 3:29 PM
Nintendo Theatre, I VERY MUCH doubt you've seen the episode, so either cough up for information, or stop posting. The whole reason for this thread is for people to find out spoilers, whether they have or have not seen the episode. If people don't want to be spoiled, they don't look at this thread. Those that do look, want to know.

Of course, you haven't seen the episode at all, since the episode isn't anywhere up on the internet yet, unless you've got a super secret source that we and everyone at PocketMonsters don't know about. So either explain yourself, or stop with the crap.

Unless you're posting up actual information about the episode, don't post in this thread. The speculation thread is still open for speculation and general posting about the episode before information is released.

Nintendo Theatre
15th June 2006, 3:54 PM
You want info, here ya go.

-The Lapras Girl is named Saori. Apparntley she's this season's Robert, she did a spectacular job during the appeal and got an extremely high rating from the judges.
-Saori and Drew, from what I can understand, apparently know each other from way back, and he really wants to beat her. I couldn't dicipher wether she was a famikly member or old firend, but when Serebii comes back, he can confirm it.
-As stated earlier, Team Rocket stayed in the background the majority of the the eppy. Thank god!
-May and Drew got past the preliminaries, duh.
-When Saori and May seem to have become good friends, not a harsh new rival like Harley.

Gravy
15th June 2006, 3:58 PM
How about some info that we couldn't figure out from the information we've had for the past couple of weeks?
You know. Like why Shuu sent out two pokémon at once, what Harley got up to or what Haruka decided to use for her appeal. http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th June 2006, 4:00 PM
No offense, but pretty much all of that info was a given Nintendo Theatre. We know her name was Saori, that she knew Drew, it was kinda obvious everyone would make it through the prelims, and TR was barely in the preview. Plus, unless you live in Japan, I sincerely doubt you have seen it, or pictures.

So, can you tell us what's in the preview for next weeks episode? XD

vaporeon89
15th June 2006, 4:07 PM
Can anyone tell about any new Pokemon or attack in this episode?

;134;89

Nintendo Theatre
15th June 2006, 4:12 PM
How about some info that we couldn't figure out from the information we've had for the past couple of weeks?
You know. Like why Shuu sent out two pokémon at once, what Harley got up to or what Haruka decided to use for her appeal. http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Here ya go:

-Harley past perlims right now, facing off against May. Bannette was his appeal
-Shuu, or Drew, sent out two Pokemon for a better chance at appeal, Roselia and Masquerain.
-May used Eevee in her appeal

Enough for ya?

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th June 2006, 4:17 PM
Okay, I'm gonna listen to you, but majide if any of those turn out to be wrong, well expect some negative rep from me.

But, I'll take my leave now until pictures come. But, did May get any of her oldies back?

ZoraJolteon
15th June 2006, 5:55 PM
I always tell you to take my translations with a pinch of salt, but you'd probably be better off putting that salt into one of Nintendo Theatre's open wounds.

Aipom in opening now wears Ash's hat.
May appeals with Combusken
The new girl's hometown La Rousse
Aipom shows up and steals Ash's hat.
Drew appeals with Absol
Harley appeals with Banette
Harley battles with Wigglytuff and ???, May with Munchlax and Eevee.

Alfonso
15th June 2006, 6:08 PM
Drew appeals with Absol

...La Rousee? Wasn't that the place from the Deoyxs movie? o__o

Harley has with WIGGLYTUFF?

Oh dear. Oh deary, deary me. At first I was disgusted, but now I just can't just laughing. They really want to drive a *certain point* about Harley across, don't they? *chuckles* I was pretty depressed cause I'm cleaning my room, but damn, this has put a smile on my face.

...Still. It doesn't really... fit him, does it? I mean, there's the whole stereotypically camp/feminine Pokemon route you could take, but Harley's Pokemon have always been kinky/creepy. I don't know. It makes me chuckle, but I'm not whether Wiggly actually fits into his team overall. Hmmmm.

I guess they just wanted to go down the whole girly Pokemon road, heh. XD Still, Wiggly is underused and I imagine Harley's Pokemon are all male, so... let's hope this was has a huge b*tchy streak and uses Doubleslap.

*hopes Marik does the human version of Wiggly soon...* Mmmm. Pretty in Pink.

Oh, and Nintendo Theatre? Expect a warning for spreading false information.

CyberCubed
15th June 2006, 6:08 PM
Hoo boy.

I

OH NOES!

Eh, I would have prefered Eevee but ok.

Isn't that the city from the Deoxys movie?

Crap. They just HAD to waste screentime with Aipom, didn't they?

Drew appeals with Absol

Awesome, couldn't have asked for a better Pokemon.

Wigglytuff? X_x

Kabuto
15th June 2006, 6:18 PM
Wigglytuff ?! Wouldn't have expected that for Harley. It does fit him well though. Drew has Absol eh? Cool, but I'd have liked Gardevoir.

Torkoal Stu
15th June 2006, 6:19 PM
Wigglytuff? X_x
My thoughts exactly.

Though Absol nice ^_^

BrokenDreams
15th June 2006, 6:30 PM
So which is the true info, I mean it's to early. Plus I think they should have flashbacks of the first Indigo Championships since it was Ash's first tournament. Please no bash on my opinion.

CyberCubed
15th June 2006, 6:34 PM
Zora has the correct info 98% of the time.

Pikachu
15th June 2006, 6:37 PM
I'm confused, which information is true again?

Pika Hikari KT
15th June 2006, 6:38 PM
Wow--didn't expect Harley with a Wigglytuff...but it kinda fits him. It acts all innocent until something ticks it off--infinite Doubleslap hell 4 U!:D

Drew with an Absol is badŕss. But you'd think he'd have got a Kanto Pokémon before this...

I had a feeling that Aipom would show again...but not this soon! I guess Ash's definitely getting the little guy now(I expected this from the start)!^_^

The girl's from the town in Destiny Deoxys? That's pulling one outta their butts...:p

CyberCubed
15th June 2006, 6:38 PM
HOLY CRAP!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/1150381981600.jpg

Guys, he's finally cracked! LMAO!

Holy ****!

Joe
15th June 2006, 6:41 PM
XFD!!! Mayley?! O.O; That's fecking hilarious!!

Also, about Combusken appeal; awesome. Combusken usually has some of the best appeals. =D That Fire Spin one ages ago rocked. Nearly killed May, like, but still. xD

haruka~
15th June 2006, 6:42 PM
o_O;;
He makes a cute May. n__n
Now I really want to see this episode.

Torkoal Stu
15th June 2006, 6:42 PM
For a second I thought there were two May's.

Though I have to say it strangely suits Harley.

ZoraJolteon
15th June 2006, 6:46 PM
*waves WTF flag*

I think that there might be video communication with this year's Hoenn Grand Festival, and some sort of sibling rivalry thingy going on, but this is rather shaky.

Thriller
15th June 2006, 6:47 PM
Yep Harley's lost his mind ._.

My guess is if Aipom follows it'll constantly try to steal Ash's hat.

Lol at Wigglytuff and Harley. I hope that Mystery Pokemon of Harley's is my Tannee Wannee <3.

And I guess I'll be the first to comment on Drews Absol. Overused, simple as that. A Johto Pokemon would have been better.

Alfonso
15th June 2006, 6:47 PM
*waves WTF flag*

I think that there might be video communication with this year's Hoenn Grand Festival, and some sort of sibling rivalry thingy going on, but this is rather shaky.

Hmmm, so the Houen Grand Festival is taking place at the same time as this? Doesn't that mean a year has passed since the last one ended?

Hmmmm.

Let's hope we'll see some cameos from older coordinators who have made it to the Houen one. Eriko! <3

gamefreak5034
15th June 2006, 7:02 PM
omg Harley is seriously starting to scare me and with aipom returning im definetly sure hes gonna get caught, not that i understand why the writes chose aipom

jolteonjak
15th June 2006, 7:05 PM
Drew appeals with Absol

This is intersting. When I first saw Harley having Wigglytuff, I immediately thought of the Wigglytuff from "Lights, Camera, Quacktion." It kept Doubleslapping everyone. I hope his is the same...or very similar.

Drew with Absol...that was totally unexpected and very welcomed. I never saw that coming.

What the hell else can May do with Combusken appeal-wise? I'd've rather seen Eevee or Squirtle appeal (so you Squirtle haters can't complain when it battles).

Aipom is back, huh? This'll be interesting.

Dreamcoat
15th June 2006, 7:12 PM
I'm confused, which information is true again?

The list below:

Drew appeals with Absol

Golden Darkness
15th June 2006, 7:29 PM
...La Rousee? Wasn't that the place from the Deoyxs movie? o__o

Harley has with WIGGLYTUFF?

Oh dear. Oh deary, deary me. At first I was disgusted, but now I just can't just laughing. They really want to drive a *certain point* about Harley across, don't they? *chuckles* I was pretty depressed cause I'm cleaning my room, but damn, this has put a smile on my face.

...Still. It doesn't really... fit him, does it? I mean, there's the whole stereotypically camp/feminine Pokemon route you could take, but Harley's Pokemon have always been kinky/creepy. I don't know. It makes me chuckle, but I'm not whether Wiggly actually fits into his team overall. Hmmmm.

I guess they just wanted to go down the whole girly Pokemon road, heh. XD Still, Wiggly is underused and I imagine Harley's Pokemon are all male, so... let's hope this was has a huge b*tchy streak and uses Doubleslap.

*hopes Marik does the human version of Wiggly soon...* Mmmm. Pretty in Pink.

Oh, and Nintendo Theatre? Expect a warning for spreading false information.

Well, not all of it was false.

The stuff about the girl being named Saori and the girl knowing Drew was true.

Nintendo Theater's appeal info was the only thing inaccurate.

Vivian comes all the way from Hoenn to appear as a Judge

I saw nothing about Saori's hometown being La Rousse city, but it mentioned as Drew's. Hard to tell with the imperfectness of the translator and all.

ZoraJolteon
15th June 2006, 7:31 PM
Wait, scratch that last comment. Vivian's introduced as a Guest Judge who hosts the Hoenn Grand Festival.

EDIT: Jynx!

MayisCool
15th June 2006, 7:33 PM
a Harley sure likes how May dress's! I am looking forward to this one..

Russian May
15th June 2006, 7:37 PM
HOLY CRAP!

Holy ****!

WTF!?!?! Harley's gone completely crazy! Can't wait to see the episode!

BrokenDreams
15th June 2006, 7:41 PM
CyberCube where didi you get the episode picture?

Neko Godot
15th June 2006, 7:44 PM
Who's that girl in the center? She's hot! :D

Ashy Boy
15th June 2006, 7:56 PM

LUDICROUS!!! HAS HARLEY LOST HIS MIND????

I know Harley really hates May but still he looks very stupid.

Kabuto
15th June 2006, 8:06 PM
I think the writers finally proved Harley is gay. First Wigglytuff and now this, xD. Seriously, he probably is going to fake May's appeal or something.

Fizban
15th June 2006, 8:11 PM
At the Shinou Grand Festival, everybody will be dressed like May. Including the judges.

"Ya, suki desu ne kamo"
"ARE YOU READY KAMO?!"

I'm glad they are starting off the Festival with a bang.

Chatsy
15th June 2006, 8:17 PM
THAT image.

THAT EXACT image right there!

THAT just made my day!

So Aipom becomes a running gag with stealing Ash's hat?
Oh well, I guess they need to have Ash do something during May's contests. :/

Holy crap, that image is ever so amusing XD

Mawile XD
15th June 2006, 8:22 PM
HOLY CRAP!

Holy ****!
:o

ZOMG!!! Harley with a Wigglytuff... and... NOW THIS?! Harley is insane, but I doubt he'd try to fake May's appeal. I mean, seriously, Lillian would recognize him. And also, Harley doesn't have brown hair.

WaterKrystal
15th June 2006, 8:23 PM
HOLY CRAP!

Holy ****!

WTF and WTH!

Here's the strange/creepy thing, he actually looks like more of girl now...now the boy has a WigglyTuff ( hope it does a kick-*** appeal), a girl type pokemon for Harley, they really wanna make some impression here, lol.

GladiariaAlata
15th June 2006, 8:24 PM
I'm so glad that Pokemon had made me learn Japanese all those years ago!!!!!

My source: http://purer.fc2web.com/ (Mainly from this, but I've hopped around many other sites for confirmation of info)

Everyone knows Shuu got an Absol. T_T

Saori was what Shuu is to Haruka: the rival who beat him on his first contest. In Shuu's first contest, he and Saori become friends/rivals, but Saori beat him in the final round...Like Haruka, he actually CRIED out of disappointment/regrets/whatever.

Oh my gosh.

After that, it seems like the two had kept contacting eact other throughout their journey. According to this Saori-neechan, it seems like recently HARUKA IS ALL SHUU IS TALKING ABOUT.

OH MY LATIAS!!

Dunno if this is come from Saori-neesama or not, but Shuu is come from La Rousse, i.e. THE CITY THAT WAS FEATURED IN THE 7TH MOVIE.

OH MY DEOXYS!!!!

Harley dressed as Haruka. And he comes from Slateport.

OH MY RAYQUAZA!!!! ((Faints))

Another note (which is relatively unconfirmed info because I only saw this from one site), this Saori person could possibly come from Pewter and Takeshi seems to know her (as in know that she exists, may not as friends).

Kabuto
15th June 2006, 8:53 PM
ZOMG!!! Harley with a Wigglytuff... and... NOW THIS?! Harley is insane, but I doubt he'd try to fake May's appeal. I mean, seriously, Lillian would recognize him. And also, Harley doesn't have brown hair.

Pokemon characters have fell for worse things before (Meowth as May comes to mind)

CyberCubed
15th June 2006, 8:57 PM
The scene above looks like its after the appeals though, so I'm not sure if he tried to fake her appeal or not. I guess we'll see...

Contest Fan
15th June 2006, 9:06 PM
I KNEW IT !!!!
I always knew that Drew would get an Absol!!
Got to admit it though I would have never thought Harley would have a Wigglytuff. Th e pic of Harley as May was adorable.

Was there double appealing?

The Great Butler
15th June 2006, 9:44 PM
Yay, cheers to Aipom and Absol. Absol fits Drew to a tee.....and Harley with Wigglytuff?! WIGGLYTUFF?!?! AND HE DRESSES UP AS MAY?!?!??!!

I have GOT to see this episode, somebody please indulge me and post it on youtube......

Alopec
15th June 2006, 9:45 PM
Wow. This morning before school I read something about Harley having a disguise, but didn't find much else, so my friend and I spent all day pondering over what it was. xD The idea of him dressing up as May did not come up once. It took me totally by surprise.

I'm a little disappointed that Drew got yet another Hoenn Pokemon; I was hoping for a Kanto one for a change. But I like Absol, and it suits him, so I'll live.

As for Harley having Wigglytuff? Probably the weirdest thing I've heard yet. O_o

Wigglytuff!? Wow... I still can't get over that.

Contest Fan
15th June 2006, 10:11 PM
Can someone tell me what Harley,May and Drew did during the appeals it would be much appreaciated.
Can't wait for the preview of the next ep it should be cool

S.Suikun
15th June 2006, 10:20 PM
It's official - Aipom is 10 times the Jigglypuff that Snubbull was, and 9999999 times the Jigglypuff that Spoink was (As I still stand that Spoink was never a replacement. It appeared in 2 eps, for crying out loud.) Apparently Aipom being the only non-powerful Pokemon battling Ash's Pokemon in the intro was no accident. Who knows? Maybe next time we'll see the Aerodactyl in the intro with May's bandana!

Isn't this the second time La Rousse was mentioned in the anime? I believe Hinata mentioned it in the Deoxys special. I refer to that place as the Holy Hitomi Shrine, anyways, so whoever comes from there, be it Saori or Drew, gets extra points in my book.

Harley forgot about May's most "noticeable" features, which will undoubtedly make his disguise fail, whatever the hell he's trying to pull with his gay cosplay routine.

erizibang
15th June 2006, 11:57 PM
So Aipom becomes a running gag with stealing Ash's hat?
Oh well, I guess they need to have Ash do something during May's contests. :/
hahaha yey good for Ash!!

I'm so glad that Pokemon had made me learn Japanese all those years ago!!!!!

My source: http://purer.fc2web.com/ (Mainly from this, but I've hopped around many other sites for confirmation of info)

Everyone knows Shuu got an Absol. T_T

Saori was what Shuu is to Haruka: the rival who beat him on his first contest. In Shuu's first contest, he and Saori become friends/rivals, but Saori beat him in the final round...Like Haruka, he actually CRIED out of disappointment/regrets/whatever.

Oh my gosh.

After that, it seems like the two had kept contacting eact other throughout their journey. According to this Saori-neechan, it seems like recently HARUKA IS ALL SHUU IS TALKING ABOUT.

OH MY LATIAS!!

Dunno if this is come from Saori-neesama or not, but Shuu is come from La Rousse, i.e. THE CITY THAT WAS FEATURED IN THE 7TH MOVIE.

OH MY DEOXYS!!!!

Another note (which is relatively unconfirmed info because I only saw this from one site), this Saori person could possibly come from Pewter and Takeshi seems to know her (as in know that she exists, may not as friends).

*-* i've mainly replied to this in other forum but hey... i've entered to that page and didn't understand a thing... I also turned on the translator but i didn't find anything :S anyway thanks!!
Oh my i have to see the 7 movie!! xD... and I was right!! Saori was to Drew the same he is to May ^^

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 12:09 AM
I wonder if Ash will catch Aipom during the Festival.

Wigglytuff is unexpected, be hillarious if you know who shows up and sends everyone to sleep.

Drew does resemble Tori kinda....

HArley rocks even more.

And Nintendo Theatre, I am SO MAD at YOU!

V Faction
16th June 2006, 12:51 AM
Hurray for more Move->Anime contunuity.

Hurray for Drew's new Pokemon.

Hurray for Aipom.

Hurry for Super Flame Sisters: Mayley.

Thriller
16th June 2006, 1:00 AM
Hold On!

Drew lost on his first round? Still no news about Tanne? Drew is from La Rousse and not Saori? If Drew lost then whats the 3rd GF title about?

Oh wait, I misunderstood the part about Drew and Soari's rivalry.

*Ignores and goes off with pretty Samus avatar <3*

Alfonso
16th June 2006, 1:25 AM
Shuu lost his first Contest, not Grand Festival round, to Saori. (Much like May lost her first Contest to Shuu.)

ghost master
16th June 2006, 1:28 AM
Hold On!

Drew lost on his first round? Still no news about Tanne? it was never stated he lost in the first round and he's obviously faces May in the third. Who is Tanne?

intergalactic platypus
16th June 2006, 1:30 AM
HARLEY AS MAY!!!! That totally made my day for me. Also, why does Harley get Wigglytuff of all pokemon? Harley's like the mean hardcore rival, so he gets...a pink and white balloon with huge blue eyes. Wow

Kabuto
16th June 2006, 1:34 AM
People ask about Harley's Wigglytuff but I think its the pokemon that suits him most. Harleys team is obedient and powerful unlike Wigglytuff, the pokemon that resembles Harley. B*tchy and girly all in one.

Thriller
16th June 2006, 1:49 AM
Who is Tanne?

Octillery. I named it Tanne after that cute cry it makes when its in the anime. Not only that but its already a cutie squid and also a powerful fighter. Its one of my favourite Pokemon next to Ludicolo.

And lol at the people saying Wigglytuff is good for Harley because its a b*tch. That was only ONE Wigglytuff in that episode. Others we've seen such as Nesha's in Mewtwo Strikes Back weren't bad**s like that one was.

Kabuto
16th June 2006, 1:56 AM
And lol at the people saying Wigglytuff is good for Harley because its a b*tch. That was only ONE Wigglytuff in that episode. Others we've seen such as Nesha's in Mewtwo Strikes Back weren't bad**s like that one was.

I have great expectations of the Wigglytuff owned by the b*tchiest guy in the pokemon world.

Torchic23
16th June 2006, 2:33 AM
Everyone wants to be May these days :rolleyes:

Geez, that pic was funny, I love the look on Saori, May, and Combusken's faces. The Wigglytuff is a ver ygood choice for Harley, with his girlish nature. (Or gayish)

I'm glad Drew got Absol, a very nice choice for him

Thriller
16th June 2006, 2:37 AM
I have great expectations of the Wigglytuff owned by the b*tchiest guy in the pokemon world.

Do you see Harley constantly bashing May and everyone? No, he schemes to foil his rivals. Is that any b*tchy? Nope.

And I don't care what people think, I still think Absol for Drew is boring and uninteresting.

Kabuto
16th June 2006, 2:43 AM
Do you see Harley constantly bashing May and everyone? No, he schemes to foil his rivals. Is that any b*tchy? Nope.

And I don't care what people think, I still think Absol for Drew is boring and uninteresting.

He bashes May alot! And getting revenge can be an even more b*tchy method of doing things.

Absol was the best choice besides Dunsparce or Gardevoir because of its lack of screentime and coolness.

Infinite Master Sceptile
16th June 2006, 3:24 AM
Wow. Drew with Absol! Huzzah! Now that's a MAGICAL MYSTERY POKEMON!
Harley with Wigglytuff? I won't believe this till I see the episode pics. But if it's true, :club:

And that picture made my eyes burn.

Kabuto
16th June 2006, 3:26 AM
And that picture made my eyes burn.

As digusting as it is, you have to admit its funny. The writers are really experimenting with harley which is an excellent thing since we don't see that with any other character.

CyberCubed
16th June 2006, 4:18 AM
As S.Suikun said, they should have had Harley stuff his chest with padding or something so he wouldn't be flat chested and to be comparable with May's.

Crystal Clair
16th June 2006, 4:23 AM
As S.Suikun said, they should have had Harley stuff his chest with padding or something so he wouldn't be flat chested and to be comparable with May's.
With the way May's being drawn lately, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I just showed my mom a bunch of pictures of May from the most recent episodes and asked her if she thought May's boobs were big.
She said they were kinda flat
btw, I'm lovin this Harluka getup. Now I know some people can pull off the Hull Mosquito look.

GladiariaAlata
16th June 2006, 8:37 AM
Oh. My. God.

Now I understand why the preview last week only showed Harley's Banette but not the coordinator.

Harley was using that "Mayley" look (I call that "Harika", or "Harlica") on the appeal stage. (Source: http://members2.jcom.home.ne.jp/friend-ship/index.htm)

HoennMaster
16th June 2006, 9:23 AM
I must say that Absol for Drew is cool (why not a Kanto or Johto pokemon though), but having Wigglytuff for Harley is just way to weird! I love that pic though! How funny!

vaporeon89
16th June 2006, 10:08 AM
Can anyone tell me the attacks Drew's Absol used??

Please, it would be interesting...

;134;89

Sunain
16th June 2006, 10:34 AM
WARNING: While viewing this image, make sure not to sit too close to the screen and that the room is well lit. It is recommended that you have defibrillator standing by and ready for use. Gravol is also suggested. This picture is intended for mature audiences. Viewer discretion is highly advised.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1258/killme3lh.png

Russian May
16th June 2006, 10:36 AM
WARNING: While viewing this image, make sure not to sit too close to the screen and that the room is well lit. It is recommended that you have defibrillator standing by and ready for use. Gravol is also suggested. This picture is intended for mature audiences. Viewer discretion is highly advised.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1258/killme3lh.png

OH...MY...GOSH!!!
Harley is insane!

Serebii
16th June 2006, 11:18 AM
People, please don't make me re-iterate the rules of this thread. Seriously

Ashy Boy
16th June 2006, 11:23 AM
Really sorry about that.

Dreamcoat
16th June 2006, 12:14 PM
Harley with Wigglytuff? I won't believe this till I see the episode pics. But if it's true,

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/movie/nweek.asx

It appears after 15-20 seconds.

Serebii
16th June 2006, 2:26 PM
Pics are up on SPP

vaporeon89
16th June 2006, 2:28 PM
Finally seen the ep
Well, this round was the preliminary, no? Because later appear Drew's Absol begining an appeal, if I'm not wrong.
Well, the appeals were good, specially the Harika moment
Good ep, can't wait to see the next one

,134;89

Chatsy
16th June 2006, 2:33 PM
Ahahaha, Ash fell down from his seat in utter shock when Mayley came on stage in the appeals XD

Aipom is absolutely hatobsessed. I mean, stealing hats from everyone? Geez.

http://www.pokemon-safari.com/episode_images/advance_generation/179/389.jpg
That reaction over Mayley is completely understandable.

And Jessie's new outfit is cute <3

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 2:36 PM
Aww, I was hoping Ash would think that HArley really was May!

~Flareon~
16th June 2006, 2:36 PM
EDIT: I saw the episode pictures already. And it's cool that Drew and Harley got new Pokemons, then they met a coordinator named Saori and she has a Lapras and a Slowbro. And May got through the preliminaries.

jolteonjak
16th June 2006, 2:38 PM
Did anyone happen to hear what the rules of the GF are this time around?

The Big Al
16th June 2006, 2:53 PM
Harley's dressed like May LOL.

Alright, I've about had it up to here with Aipom. If I was in the anime that'll be one dead monkey.

Jessie's outfit was certainly...loud. I guess she's disguised as a reporter but damn does she look ugly.

Vivian makes her return so we get double the commentary.

The episode it's self was rather bland. Outside of the generic Brock antics, there wasn't much to draw me in (though these are just the pictures and this is the Grand Festival which I'm not too fond of).

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 3:12 PM
I have a gut feeling this Aipom thing will carry on through the GF and Ash will catch it during the GF.

Jessie I think may be a joke off Tommy February 16th from her look in the Lovely Boy Music Video...

Shadowcat
16th June 2006, 3:22 PM
Okay...

First of all, Drew's Masquerain appealed. Absol was seen at the end of the episode. 99.99% chance of Absol appealing for the second round. *coughs* *points to Episode Pictures*

And that Harley pic posted... Harley appeals looking like that. And it's weird. Banette appeals. And ZOMG, Roselia + Slowbro combination in the beginning of the episode.

Anyways, there seems to be somesort of platform where Water Pokemon performed. It's a pool-like thing and Soari's Lapras appeals there. AND... I like her appeal. Using Surf/Water Pulse/Waterfall to cause a big splash and freezing it with Sheer Cold. Meh, I think this post bores everyone to death.

Kabuto
16th June 2006, 3:52 PM
I guess Harley didn't fake May's appeal but appealed looking like May 0__0. I don't know what he's trying to do but he is only making a fool of himself. Still comical though.

FireHead Hank
16th June 2006, 4:02 PM
I always knew that Harley is wierd but THAT wierd? I mean he always had something creepy in his personality, but the May disguise takes the little bit of creepy coolness totaly away....not good.

Lapras' appeal was awesome and Absol is a nice Pokemon for Drew.

Aipom is NOT funny.

CyberCubed
16th June 2006, 4:20 PM
So there are two appeal rounds in this Grand Festival too, I thought May/Harley were supposed to be in battle at the end?

Drew appeals with Masquerain first and then Absol second. Combusken's appeal was very bland.

I need to see this dubbed, Contests are much better when you actually understand the character interaction.

Tai700
16th June 2006, 4:42 PM
harley looks like a g** person and i know he is.

Lupin
16th June 2006, 4:42 PM
Ok, everyone is laughing at Harley dressing up as May, but do we know the reason why he is doing it?

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 4:46 PM
I also loved Harley's mysterious cloak at the beginning, and he gave Max a rose?!

Maybe Harley wants too act like a May fan to throw her off, and because he loves to make her mad.

And Aipom rules! I mean randomly attacking Ash is funny.

Jo-Jo
16th June 2006, 4:48 PM
This episode looked a little dull from the pictures, Harley's scenes aside. I gather most of the interesting stuff was in the dialogue. Does anyone know what was going on in the penultimate scene, when Harley ran over to May and Saori in his costume and pointed to Drew and stuff? Actually, I have no idea why Harley was in that outfit in the first place. Unless he did it for the lolz. ...OK, I can understand that.

So was the May-disguise Harley's big plan for this GF? By his usual standards, that isn't very ambitious. :p And what was the exploding purple rose in aid of?

I heard somewhere that the next ep would go directly into the May/Harley battle, but the pictures show that isn't the case. Guess we've got more appeals to sit through. Absol should be worth watching, though. Plus, May/Drew scenes. Yay!

ZoraJolteon
16th June 2006, 5:05 PM
Wow, Frenzy Plant Venusaur was actually appealing. I'd been assuming someone on Pokeani was just commenting on May's previous battles.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 5:14 PM
Few Questions:

What was Jessie doing exactly? Were their like two stadiums or something?

Did Jessie remember who Harley was?

CyberCubed
16th June 2006, 5:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/099.jpg

Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa. :o

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 5:19 PM
Not really, she kinda bothers me. I do like she has a Slowbro though.

I'm starting to find Harley oddly sexy in that May outfit, a little too much though for my taste.

BrokenDreams
16th June 2006, 5:28 PM
Does anybody know how many coordinators challenged the GF in Kanto?

Jo-Jo
16th June 2006, 5:34 PM
Saori's very cute. I'd look a bit like her, if I were an anime character... and, y'know, attractive. And oh yeah, how adorable was Jessie in that TV presenter outfit? Her bunches! <3 And the glasses - and the reeeeally tiny skirt (how does it stay that shape?) - and James and Manene trying to placate her with cups of water - d'awwwwww. XD

Dark Cacturne
16th June 2006, 6:20 PM
This episode was awesome, only I think harley's May-Diguise was stupid. But I cannot wait for the battle with wigglytuff and cacturne vs Munchlax and Eevee.

Thriller
16th June 2006, 6:35 PM
Harley wasn't dressed like May all throught the ep was he? Good God. This will screw May up entirely. May will think he's idoling and worshipping her. When he really wants to destroy May once she's off guard.

jolteonjak
16th June 2006, 6:40 PM
Wow, Frenzy Plant Venusaur was actually appealing. I'd been assuming someone on Pokeani was just commenting on May's previous battles.

(sorry for a speculation) So does that mean "The Salaryman" is back?

Crystal Clair
16th June 2006, 7:47 PM
Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa
I think she's hot too.... but I'm trying to keep my limits. After all, I think half the girls in Pokemon are hot. I bet she'll have a huge fanbase by the time the Grandfestival has reached it's climax.
I loved the way Harley made fun of Haruka. "Kawaii kamo!"
And it was nice seeing Vivian again even though I think both girls are cute (I just dislike Lilian's outfit).
That new Jessie was totemo kawaii!

V Faction
16th June 2006, 7:50 PM
(sorry for a speculation) So does that mean "The Salaryman" is back?
Not at all. If he were to come back there wouldn't be any hesitation to show him right up front with that Venusaur. We can gather only this much: The writers are using Venusaur and Frenzy Plant again because they now consider it and the attack part of their One-Stop Shop Pokemon Set. Chances are now in the future, whenever you see Venusaur, you'll see Frenzy Plant being used.

EDIT: Slightly better job on the animation flow this time; it looks like they weren't afraid to use some facial gags and over the top zaniness. Still, I KNOW it can be better. I want fluid, clever animation -- not 3 frames of running cycles.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 7:52 PM
So, were their two-stadiums being used? And did Saori know who Harley was, cuz it sounded like she knew his name and about him, maybe from Drew.

Also, when they showed the Pokemon being trained outside, that was like the same Pokemon and trainers but with a diffrent background!

And didn't someone say Aipom had Ash's hat in the opening, cuz it didn't!

Torkoal Stu
16th June 2006, 7:54 PM
Didn't someone say Saori's hair looked like Prima's? Then she has a Slowbro....interesting?

No but I thought i'd mention that. XD

The to be continue screen I really liked, with all four of them around the Ribbon Cup. ^^

Wigglytuff, perfect, now Harley has more Pokemon neglecting his old ones further >:

May appealed with Combusken, compared to the other appeals we saw it looked rather boring. I mean Saori's Lapras appealing was well TOTALLY AWESOME! Did you see those effects they used? I loved the look of the ice <3.

Hmm Drew having an Absol is also quiet cool, but at least it isn't the new Flygon because Flygon only showed up in the battles so...yay for not new Flygon.

Lastly Harley dressed as May but with his purple hair streaming down is LOL.

CyberCubed
16th June 2006, 7:55 PM
At least they found a clever way to include Team Rocket in this arc without them wasting screentime like they did in the Hoenn GF. Now the only time waster is that blasted Aipom, I pray its not in the next two episodes.

Chatsy
16th June 2006, 8:02 PM
EDIT: Slightly better job on the animation flow this time; it looks like they weren't afraid to use some facial gags and over the top zaniness. Still, I KNOW it can be better. I want fluid, clever animation -- not 3 frames of running cycles.
Hell will most likely freeze over, be taken over by leprechauns and symbolise old toes before we get any sort of decent animation in the show.
Wow, am I ever the optimist.

At least they found a clever way to include Team Rocket in this arc without them wasting screentime like they did in the Hoenn GF. Now the only time waster is that blasted Aipom, I pray its not in the next two episodes.
Sadly, the odds are it will.
I guess since they didn't have any of Ash's current team Pokémon to ***** out on, they decided to have a running gag with hat fetishes.
Meh, gives hatless Ash scenes for the fangirls at least.

V Faction
16th June 2006, 8:02 PM
May appealed with Combusken, compared to the other appeals we saw it looked rather boring. I mean Saori's Lapras appealing was well TOTALLY AWESOME! Did you see those effects they used? I loved the look of the ice <3.
You don't know the half of it! (or maybe you do...) How can they even call what Combusken did an appeal? It... broke a flying frisbee. Wouldn't it have been a little more impressive to see it hit the thing away, only to have it return unscaved? Or doing, ah'dunno, some cool fire flipping move. Actually, when we get down right to it, Combusken has rather so-so appeals. Maybe a new attack (it's a Mega Kick... what the heck happened to it??) or at least a new approach. Might even consider *gasp* not using it... But that's suicide consider May's other Pokies.

CyberCubed
16th June 2006, 8:09 PM
I thought all three of the main characters appeals, (May/Drew/Harley) were rather lame. The only good one was Saori's Lapras ice thing.

Drew's Masquerain and Harley's Banette did the EXACT SAME THING that they appealed with the last two times with those Pokemon. Combusken's new appeal was also similar to old ones, although it was more boring.

God, I hope the second stage appeals are better. At least Drew is using Absol next time, May and Munchlax, Harley and Octillery, and Saori and Slowbro.

S.Suikun
16th June 2006, 8:14 PM
For once, I decided to watch the episode itself before glancing at the pictures. It was tempting while waiting, but to be honest, I found it more rewarding.

But my God, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard in the history of the anime before as I did when Harley was blowing a kiss to Drew. May's reaction to Harley's "Kamo!" was priceless. I can't imagine how many disturbing new shippings this "Mayley" will spawn. I also found Saori quite attractive in motion. She looked pretty bland from the preview, but we got some better shots of her in this. And we got to see a Rapidash, one of the most undershowcased Pokemon ever!

Aipom has a serious hat fetish. Hopefully this won't be a running gag for too long. It's not even close to being as amusing as Jigglypuff's marker. Could somebody elaborate on TR's role, perhaps? I didn't quite catch that.

CyberCubed
16th June 2006, 8:16 PM
Harley really blew a kiss to Drew? LMAO! :D

The pictures weren't quite clear about that.

S.Suikun
16th June 2006, 8:38 PM
Here's some snapshots I took:

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4814/vlcsnap594791ts.png
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1327/vlcsnap597778dz.png

...BAHAHAHAHA!!!

skarmachild
16th June 2006, 8:45 PM
My life is complete.

NoDot
16th June 2006, 8:46 PM
OK, so who wants to name Saori&Shuu?

Juny
16th June 2006, 8:51 PM
The scene were Harley blows a kiss was just too great for words - completely cracked me up. I am very curious to what he said, though - It can't have been positive because Drew looked angry/worried and May looked worried and went all "Shuu..." but since Harley doesn't speak very clear I can't really understand it. Any translation (or just what he said in Japanese) would be welcome. ^^;
That aside, this was a good episode. I loved Team Rocket, especially Jessie and her very cute costume. Saori-san seems like a wonderful character to me, so I can't wait to see more of her. Harley dressing up as May is priceless (especially her reaction to it). I can't get why he did it, but it was awfully funny.

Serebii
16th June 2006, 8:51 PM
No discussion of ships in here please

Thank you

Chatsy
16th June 2006, 9:07 PM
http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/456/AG320.jpg

Oh, those silly Japanese.

That Harley blow-kiss scene.... I am forever scarred.

Crimsonmon
Who's Saori's voice actress? I know that I've heard it in quite a places before but I can't put my finger on where, and I can't read Kanji to save my life so checking the credits is out of the question.

And I love the remix of 'I Won't Lose' that played during the appeals. The new triva quiz music is nice also, but it's boring that they used the same kind of quiz as last episode, and it was even eaiser than that one.

V Faction
Can ANYONE tell me who exactly Jessie was imitating? Talk about a total spazz! The energy... it was almost too overwhelming. Good thing we had camera man James and mustachioed Meowth and sound tester #2 Wobbufett on hand to help even things out.

No discussion of ships in here please

Thank you
Banana boat
Bangca
Bateau
Coble
Center Console
Coracle
Cruiser
Dhow
Dinghy
Dory
Dredger
Durham Boat
Ferry
Folding boat
Gondola
Houseboat
Hydrofoil
Inflatable boat
Jetski
Jon boat
Kayak
Lifeboat
Motorboat
Norfolk wherry
Outrigger canoe
Pinnace
Pirogue
Raft
Rigid-hulled inflatable boat
Sampan
Schooner
Scow
Sharpie
Ski boat
Skiff
Sloop
Submarine
Trimaran
Tugboat
U-boat
Wakeboard boat
Water taxi
Whaleboat
Yacht
Yawl

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/456/AG320.jpg

Oh, those silly Japanese.

That Harley blow-kiss scene.... I am forever scarred.
It's official now: The Grand Festival is in actuality the Grande Festibal. It cannot be undone! Proper English is forbidden!

The Great Butler
16th June 2006, 9:13 PM

Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa. :o

I'll kill you AND Brock if you take one step towards her. She's MINE. ;)

Well, seriously, Anabel will forever be mine. But Saori is drawn really well.

Crystal Clair
16th June 2006, 9:15 PM
Who's Saori's voice actress? I know that I've heard it in quite a places before but I can't put my finger on where, and I can't read Kanji to save my life so checking the credits is out of the question.
Well I checked and if I know the kanji right, two of the symbols translate into Tanaka.
I'll check the other ones on my kanji program.... unless someone else gets them
about the seiyuu, I didn't like her, she was a tad too overused
edit
Saori's seiyuu
kanji: 田中理恵
name (according to my computer) Tanaka Rie?

HoennMaster
16th June 2006, 9:19 PM
m I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa. :o

No, she is really hot. I hope that she returns again. (I doubt though). Does anyone know why Harley is dressed like May?

The Big Al
16th June 2006, 9:20 PM

I really like her design. Though she seems out of place in the Pokemon style. Who cares? She's hot. :D

Blaziken master
16th June 2006, 9:24 PM
It was an okay episode.....but Harley stole the show! His cloak disguise reminded me of the time Gary returned after the orange island arc.The appeals could have been better, but at least the appeals next ep look decent.Pokemopolis are going to have a field day with this episode

Satoshi
16th June 2006, 9:34 PM
Haruka, Shuu, and Harley's appeals weren't that great. The only thing that made this episode enjoyable for me was Saori, Saori's appeal with Lapras, and Harley dressed like Haruka. I liked how they said Shuu came from La Rousseau City. Good job referencing a city from a movie, writers (one point for you!).

I feel that irony struck me in this episode....

At first I thought Harley was going to be all bada**....
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7625/vlcsnap1877139tz.png

But I was mistaken.
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4017/vlcsnap1881894jr.png

"Kawaii Kamo"
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7919/vlcsnap1906946mm.png

o_O

jolteonjak
16th June 2006, 9:41 PM
Ed, please make Satoshi's last pic an avatar. That's just precious. hehe

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th June 2006, 10:11 PM
Can ANYONE tell me who exactly Jessie was imitating? Talk about a total spazz! The energy... it was almost too overwhelming. Good thing we had camera man James and mustachioed Meowth and sound tester #2 Wobbufett on hand to help even things out.

GRANDE FESTIBOL!!!

Anyway, I definately think Jessie is Tommy February 6th, the chick who sung Lovely Boy. Let me find a picture.....

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0002HNRUG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

See her to the right of Pikachu (this cover is the one too the Lovely Boy CD, which was the 7th movie ending). Tommy Kawase, her real name, is actually quite cute when she isn't in that funny outfit she wears in the Lovely Boy Music Video (Which is the scariest thing ever!)

skarmachild
16th June 2006, 10:32 PM
Hah, right on my predictions. When I saw the pictures for the 2nd part of the episode when all the appeals are shown I was thinking it would have that music with it, and still-ish shots like that, basically went exactly as I imagined it.

Fabulous episode, and if I understood Japanese, I would be able to comment on the what-i-think-was character development there.

BrokenDreams
16th June 2006, 10:49 PM
Is it just me or the Indigo Stadium look very small compared to the Grandfestival stadium, I hope not.

Kabuto
17th June 2006, 12:15 AM
I don't see what you people see in appeals. Its just some random attack with flashing lights. Real interesting concept there -_-.

Wow Harley is gayer than I thought. That makes him even funnier though. The cloak and the disguise was fantastic.

Saori seems pretty cool. She reminds me of Lorelei somewhat.

Thriller
17th June 2006, 12:15 AM
Ok, when did Combusken learn Metal Claw assuming thats what it used to break the frisbee?

Something tells me there must be a link between Soari and Wakana (from the contest after Grovyle evolved). They both have turquoise eyes and they both know Drew from before.

That attack Lapras used to freeze the water, was that Sheer Cold?

Harley really has snapped. However, maybe I was wrong about him tricking May again. I really liked his first outfit, it was creepy.

Ash, if you'd stinking CAPTURE that damn Aipom instead of thinking the world will end if you capture ONE out of the blue Pokemon, it would stop taking your hat.

I look forward to the rest of the GF, and to see Tanne!

Kabuto
17th June 2006, 12:19 AM
I doubt Ash will catch Aipom especially since he needs a powerhouse like Metagross to take out Regirock not some dancing monkey that steals hats.

Interesting about Saori and Wakana but I highly doubt they'll connect the two since the writers barely ever backtrack to old characters.

CyberCubed
17th June 2006, 12:20 AM
I don't see what you people see in appeals. Its just some random attack with flashing lights. Real interesting concept there -_-.

The appeals in this episode were pretty lackluster. The ones in the other Contests are much better, but they really dropped the ball with these.

Token
17th June 2006, 12:21 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Harley is a better May than May is? Crud, now endless debates about Harley's breasts being bigger than Misty's. XD. Love the pic's so far, I'm gonna see ifI can find it on YouTube.

Thriller
17th June 2006, 12:21 AM
Also, ZoraJolteon said the intro was updated to have Ash's hat on the Aipom which I did not see, was that a mistranslation?

Gravy
17th June 2006, 12:33 AM
You know, I wish they'd hire new art directors that aren't completely mediocre or outright dire...
First we get Yamamoto and her 'spotanious fluctuations between good and bad' style. And now we have this Yanagi character on the team, who is apparantly about as good as a custard cream without the cholesterol-filled center. Honestly, bar a few random 'blink and you miss it' shots dotted throughout the episode, the art itself left a lot to be desired and the animation sucked. Come on, if you're going to cut corners when making this thing, AT LEAST let it look good.

- Aipom's routine totally fails at being funny. The entire scene involving it's insane hat theft felt horrendously tacked on, and the fact that it's pretty much identical to the crap that Munchlax lives for didn't help matters at all. Though I will say this : Aipom's expression is killer. Those dead eyes, that blank stare, the constant toothy grin that would make a cheese grater cower in fear. At the very least, the pokémon itself has still got it.

- Team Rocket and Harley stole the show. You can go on about how hot Saori is, or how she's going to give Shuu a run for his money. Hell, you can even comment on the surprise appearence of Vivian. But lordy, lordy lord, there's no way you can say the villains weren't the best part of this Festibal cherade. Harley has already been discussed to death, so I won't gush over how awesome he was. Jessie and the Rockets however, were hillarious. From Jessie's extreme bouts or over enthusiastic glee, to Wobbuffet and his 'N G' cue cards, it was oozing with funny.

- The appeals were absolute garbage (yeah...ALL of them), though you have to admire how each character blatantly lied to each other with their oh-so-impressed 'Sugoi!'s and 'Kirei!'s. God damn it, you can tell me they were genuinely impressed by single attack commands all you like, but there's no way you'll convince me otherwise!

Ok, when did Combusken learn Metal Claw assuming thats what it used to break the frisbee?
That was a Sky Uppercut.
And for the record, Combusken scrapping it's claws along a dirt field and creating sparks was badass.

Crimsonmon
17th June 2006, 12:34 AM
Well I checked and if I know the kanji right, two of the symbols translate into Tanaka.
I'll check the other ones on my kanji program.... unless someone else gets them
about the seiyuu, I didn't like her, she was a tad too overused
edit
Saori's seiyuu
kanji: 田中理恵
name (according to my computer) Tanaka Rie?

That's it, thanks. I was thinking of Hikari from Pretty Cure when I heard her voice, and I knew that I also heard her somewhere in Mai Hime/Otome.

Geodude
17th June 2006, 12:39 AM
What? Where the heck did THAT come from? Did you not watch the episode? (If so, did you not clearly hear May call for "Sky Upper!"?) Have you not seen Combusken's Sky Uppercut several times before? What kind of question is this?

- The appeals were absolute garbage (yeah...ALL of them), though you have to admire how each character blatantly lied to each other with their oh-so-impressed 'Sugoi!'s and 'Kirei!'s. God damn it, you can tell me they were genuinely impressed by single attack commands all you like, but there's no way you'll convince me otherwise!
Two words: Obvious montage.

Thriller
17th June 2006, 12:43 AM
Your right Geodude, I did miss her clearly say Sky Upper!

I'm so used to hearing the language I don't understand whatsoever I forget theirs even Engrish.

And I haven't been watching the show (Dub or Raw) as much lately.

Gravy
17th June 2006, 12:50 AM
Two words: Obvious montage.
Shush, shush, shush! You'll ruin my pessimistic banter with factoids like that!

Geodude
17th June 2006, 12:55 AM
I'm so used to hearing the language I don't understand whatsoever I forget theirs even Engrish.
Not necessarily Engrish in this case, it's just that quite a few Japanese attack names are similar to their English names. For example, shadow booru, sorabeamu, and metaru kuraw (sp?) are a few more.

Infinite Master Sceptile
17th June 2006, 1:10 AM
Wigglytuff is confirmed!!! HUZZAH!!!
The more times I look at the pics of Harley in the May costume, the more disturbed I get. But, you know, that's what I think he's trying to do. He's always been into psychological warfare. Remember the Izabe contest? This is basically similar. Harley intends to scare May into submission. Then this itself is his evil plan.
Major props to the writers for giving Saori a Slowbro. Slowbro is lord, fools!
I want to see major butt-kicking in the Slowbro department.
And, wow, Saori is hot. She's probably one of the first mature beauties on the show in a long time.
Nothing to say about Drew, other than that he really didn't suprise much.
TR was just baffling. What the heck was that all about? Has Jessie totally lost it? Not that that's a bad thing.
Finally, Aipom. Normally I would love that Aipom showed up, but the Grand Festival is simply the wrong time for the kind of hijinks only a crack-addicted monkey can supply.

Ralts Master
17th June 2006, 1:50 AM
Not necessarily Engrish in this case, it's just that quite a few Japanese attack names are similar to their English names. For example, shadow booru, sorabeamu, and metaru kuraw (sp?) are a few more.
Similar? Romanized better, those would all be identical...

Geodude
17th June 2006, 1:51 AM
I clearly meant similar when heard. :p And I also said similar because not all are exactly the same, yet you can still tell what they are, like Sky Upper/Uppercut, which brought on that post.

ハルカ and ゴンベ
17th June 2006, 3:04 AM
harley looks like a g** person and i know he is.
Of course..cause everyone knows thats a bad thing...e_e

Anyways, Hooray for Harley! I thought that he was campy in "gonbe's battle debut! Harley and taking the game seriously" but honestly, this takes the cake, Just watch as he starts hitting on Takeshi (wait, didn't he kinda do that in the episode too?).

Is it just me or is Haruka getting all the Rivals nowadays? Satoshi has like...none anymore.

Finally Lapras has something better to do in the anime rather than Transportation.

And I would have never guessed that Shuu was from La Rousse

Anyways I have GOT to see this episode

*waves up the Horray for Harley's campyness banner*

KuwabaraTheMan
17th June 2006, 3:28 AM
Great episode. Saori is a good character, and I liked all the Haruka/Shuu/Saori stuff.

Harley was hilarious. He actually succeded for once. But I still hope he leaves the show after the Grand Festival is over with.

It looks like they're going out to make a great GF this time around, and its off to a fantastic start.

But the Pokemon Trivia Quizzes keep getting easier. There was a time I actually had to think on them more often then not.

Jo-Jo
17th June 2006, 3:59 AM
Harley blew Drew a kiss??? I have GOT to see this ep.

It's great that we found out Drew, Harley and Saori's hometowns. *is a minor details geek* Saori hailing from Pewter is interesting - have she and Brock met before, or does she know him by reputation, or did she not know him at all?

Almighty Zard
17th June 2006, 4:11 AM
three words to descibe Aipom

WHERE'S MY SHOTGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil laughter begins

how dare the useless pathetic monkey appear why not Primape at least he does something.

edit: i just noticed something from the pics specifically the one where May's picture is on the box with all the other qualifiers that kid with the red shirt and brown hair is back agian WTF

Geodude
17th June 2006, 4:51 AM
Saori at least knew Brock as the former Gym Leader back home in Pewter, yes.

Yamato-san
17th June 2006, 8:44 AM

OH MY DEOXYS!!!!

Damn... I came here expecting no one to have caught that yet. But yes, when the coordinators are introduced, Lilian/Musashi says the name of the city they came from. As GladiariaAlata said, Saori is from Nibi City, which is why she recognizes Takeshi as the gym leader. Shuu is from La Rousse City (yay, more movie continuity), and Harley is from Kaina City.

I guess Harley didn't fake May's appeal but appealed looking like May 0__0. I don't know what he's trying to do but he is only making a fool of himself. Still comical though.

Obviously, he's mocking her. And seeing as Haruka is friggin embarassed, I'd say he succeeded.

Harleyka made my day as well. XD The thing is, when he gave Masato that black rose to give to Haruka, I noticed he was wearing the same gloves as her. At the time, I didn't look too much into it, and guessed he was just trying to conceal his hands as a further disguise. Boy, was I in for a surprise. The fact that he owns a Pukurin in the preview was further surprise. XD

Speaking of Pukurin, interesting tidbit I noticed: Harley finally owns a 1st generation Pokemon. Shuu, meanwhile, is still stuck with nothing but 3rd generations.

I thought all three of the main characters appeals, (May/Drew/Harley) were rather lame. The only good one was Saori's Lapras ice thing.

since Saori was commenting that Shuu decided to go with something simple, his appeal's probably excuseable. As for Harley, the animators probably thought we'd be too focused on Harleyka to notice or care.

you're definitely not the only one. Man, how long has it been... since Gambler Club made a doujin featuring Takeshi with various women? Was it PM Gals? Been long, in any case. With all the (very hot) possible love interests he encountered during the Battle Frontier, they need to get back in the saddle already. Or some other group could get around to that, just gimme my hentai.

Aldrius
17th June 2006, 11:34 AM
Yuck. Why Wigglytuff, Harley!? WHY!?

It's not creepy, it isn't cool looking... D=

Anyway... Harley blowing a kiss to Shuu=Comedy Gold.

Pika Hikari KT
17th June 2006, 2:42 PM
Whoa--someone really pays attention to detail:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1327/vlcsnap597778dz.png
Seems Harley wears earrings, but we never saw them because of his Cacturne hat.XD

Juputoru
17th June 2006, 6:19 PM
Typed as I watch. Mostly based off of what I can see because I only understand bits and pieces of Japanese. Coherency not guaranteed.

-First half of the ep=yawn.
-Aipom's hat stealing gig felt like (and was) a waste of time
-I don't remember Aipom being that HUGE before D: Same goes for Slowbro
-We get Lilian AND Vivian. Whee?
-Apparently two...announcers?...isn't enough, because Musashi's helping out with that too.
-Holy crap, that stadium's big.
-Someone(Jessie?) continuing to yell through the first half of the eye-catch=rofl. Speaking of the eye-catch, I just noticed how odd Masato's pose in it is.
-That (awesome)music after the eye-catch sounds familiar, but I can't palce where from...
-Rapidash make a lot of fire! Goldeen jumps out of water! Musashi jumps in front of the camera! The music stops! "NG"! Venusaur uses Frenzy Plant! Tropius Solar Beams! Hey wait a minute the background music is an instrumental of the ending theme! Pichu uses Generic Electric Attack! Vivian(or was it Lilian?...the one with the pink dress) is a judge? Mantine Surfs! Random shot of the Ribbon Cup(or whatever they're calling it this time)! Singing Jigglypuff! Karate Tyrouge splitting apart a rock! Flamethrowing Salamence! May runs onto stage! Dirt produces sparks thanks to Wakashamo's Sky Uppercut! Sparkly! Noseless Wonder as a background character when Saori's commenting on Haruka's appeal! Juputoru continues to switch between Japanese and English names without remorse! The background piece is OVER!
-Saori appeals on a water field with Lapras...which hovers in mid-air far longer than the laws of physics would dictate. Oh wait, wait, NOW it's falling...hey, that background music is cool too, but I don't think I've heard it before...splashing the audience with the waves from Lapras' landing must be part of a GREAT appeal, huh? Oh noes, it's glowing...and we get ice! The audience won't get a bath after all!
-Yeesh, that building looks like a HUGE silo with 3 more normal-sized silos from the outside.
-Shuu uses the dreaded GENERIC SILVER WIND appeal!
-Haha, Musashi(and the other Rockets) did a slight sweatdrop when they realized that HArley was next
-Ninja!Harley?
-No! It's...HARLEY TOTEMO KAMO! Something something ANGEL Harley kamo! XD
-WINK! PINK HEART! ASH FALLS OUT OF HIS SEAT!
-Haruka looks SOOOO emberassed by Harley's getup XD
-...did Saori just call Harley "unique"? Or am I hearing Japanese as English/Engrish?
-JUPETTA KAWAII KAMO!
-And the judges don't bat an eye about Harley's get-up XD
-Is it just me, or is Ah, Suki Desu Ne-san(as I am now calling him) getting fatter? XP
-GRANDE FESTIBAL
-Wakashamo gets its victory meal as Saori stares into the sunset, thus blinding her for the rest of her life
-HERE COMES HARLEY
-May's all like "Harley-san D:" and Ash, Brock, and Max cower back in FEAR
-Wakashamo stands up, runs next to Haruka, and stands there paralyzed in FEAR
-Saori doesn't seem to care XD
-Haarii totemo HAPPI kamo! XD
-Harley blows a kiss at Shuu...
-Shuu looks ****** D:
-Saori's just STANDING THERE with a little smirk on her face ;;
-Harley's frozen in arms-outstreched position...
-Oh great, Aipom's back. >_>
-A new day, back to Silo Contest Hall.
-Shuu has an Absol. Whoo.
-"Shuu no atarashii Pokemon..." Gee Haruka, we wouldn't have figured out that Shuu had a new Pokemon without your help. :/
-They show Harley in his normal outfit in the "four rivals materializing around the Ribbon Cup" shot. BOO.
-Harley MAKES this episode. Enough said.
-Harley narrarates the next ep. preview. :O And he's back in his normal outfit next time, it seems. D:
-At this point, I'm wondering which is worse: The Pokemon Trivia Quiz things we're getting now("Hey people, here are four Eeveeolutions and a Vulpix! Which one doesn't belong?!"), or the Trainer's Choice("Arbok evolves into...Seviper!") that 4Kids is(/was) so fond of. D:

Alfonso
17th June 2006, 6:29 PM

Did anybody else other than me notice that peice of music they played... what, three times in this episode? That someone 'creepy' peice that I believe played when Harley appeared in May's outfit, then again when he's talking with May later on, and in the preview for the next episode?

Kinda got... really annoying by the end. Not as annoying as that AWFUL peice of music they used to play a while back at the end of Houen/Early Kanto. That 'zany' music. >_>

Chatsy
17th June 2006, 7:22 PM
-Saori appeals on a water field with Lapras...which hovers in mid-air far longer than the laws of physics would dictate. Oh wait, wait, NOW it's falling...hey, that background music is cool too, but I don't think I've heard it before...
The background music is originally from the fifth movie, I believe it's called "Hot on Trail" used in the scene where Ash is on that pull-boat thingie lead by Latias and they're chased by Aerodactyl.

[/blah]

Watching this episode in motion rather than just screenshots made me cry even more about the horrid animation D:

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th June 2006, 7:23 PM
Gasp, that BGM from the 5th movie is in this episode? I love that one!

And am I the only one who liked the funny music they used around the end of Hoenn?

Torkoal Stu
17th June 2006, 9:29 PM
Was I the only one who thought that May's photo looked slightly more confident than the usual smiling photo we get of her on the score boards?

Thats a nice yet small change in my opinion ^.^

♥Princess Ketchum♥
17th June 2006, 9:45 PM
I Am about to watch it in a min and poor ash falling out his seat and i wish i was apiom =3

Umi Mizuno
17th June 2006, 10:32 PM
Wow just wow. Harley just stole the entire episode with his hilarious gayness <3~ Aipom, as usual and tried getting some screentime and is really getting on my nerves. >.> I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the newest 'Jigglypuff' :<

Ok, when Harley took off his cloak and said, "The Bad Angel: Harley!" I just ROFL. That was pure originality. Ash falling off just added to the laughter.

And when Max just said, "Could it be that Harley-san actually fell in love with my sister?", that was just a no. *smacks* Max, please tell me you did not say just that. ;~; The writers just can't turn Max into a daft person, they just can't! Doesn't work that way either. :<

Anyway, did anyone catch the fact Saori finds Harley, unique? She says Harley came in with a 'Haruka Cosplay' and she finds it unique and says she likes him and his uniqueness~ And then Shuu comes in saying the guy never learns. xP

Saori was so pretty. *___* But, I guess it was about time the writers introduced someone like her. She seems like a fun teenage mentor in a way, kind of like in the Hoenn GF when Robert gave Snorunt some encouragement but to a human.

Horray for Drew getting an Absol! Though it got like a 5-second shot. :p

Harley blowing a kiss to Drew~ Fangirl dream come true <3 I heard the words Catch You after Harley blew the kiss though, can anyone confirm that?

One last thing, I have some advice for Ash & co. Glue that hat onto your head and get some popcorn while you watch Harley entertain you all. x3

Flame Haze SnS
18th June 2006, 2:36 AM
I gets shivering on my back spine from seeing Harley dressed up as May. Aipom keeps stealing Ash's hat, so I might have feeling that Ash will catch Aipom as his own pokemon. It'll be interesting to see how will May go against Drew's Absol.

Feity
18th June 2006, 4:14 AM
The montage did suck, but it was nice to see Rapidash and Tyrogue. To think for two seconds Harley's cloak meant he was gonna do something cool. Silly me. XD

I loved how Vivian or whoever screamed for about 6 seconds straight, including through the eyecatch. I rofl'd.

ハルカ and ゴンベ
18th June 2006, 4:20 AM
The montage did suck, but it was nice to see Rapidash and Tyrogue. To think for two seconds Harley's cloak meant he was gonna do something cool. Silly me. XD
It is Harley afterall...Imagine if he'd jumped out in one of those Dragon Quest 8 Bunny suits..>_>;; I'm thankful it was a Haruka costume...he could have done worse..

Medea
18th June 2006, 4:44 AM
Okay then...Saw this episode early this morning and well...

DREW! HARLEY! DREW! HARLEY! DREW! HARLEY! DREW! HARLEY! DREW! HARLEY!

See how bad I can be if both Drew and Harley are in the episode. You think I'm bad now, wait until next week.

Well anyways, first off, I'm really starting to hate Aipom. Next, Jessie in that outfit...Ugh...I think I just threw up a little. Saori is HOT! I'm a girl and I'm getting turned on by Saori. Something is seriously wrong with me. Seeing Drew and May together...*sighs*...Now I'm a happy camper *sings Guys & Dolls songs* Harley (before the contest in all the black) that just reminded me so much of watching InuYasha this week when they thought that Kikyo...Oh never mind. And now for the best part of my weekend...

-Harley dressed as May.
-Harley's Banette
-Harley blowing a kiss to Drew.

Medea is very pleased!

Lil Brother
18th June 2006, 7:42 AM
Vivian returns.

I SO CALLED THAT.

See? ^^ (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3406564&postcount=110)

S.Suikun
18th June 2006, 7:29 PM
Umm...good for you?

I'm thoroughly convinced that Harley's entire plan in this episode was to try to make the straight guys go for him.

Token
18th June 2006, 9:40 PM
*snorts*

It's official. My friends have started arguing over who has bigger breasts, May or Harley.

CyberCubed
18th June 2006, 9:41 PM
*snorts*

It's official. My friends have started arguing over who has bigger breasts, May or Harley.

There were some shots of Harley that honestly looked like he put some padding in his chest. Seriously!

Token
18th June 2006, 11:20 PM
Exactly. Nic sig BTW. My friend would love to see Harley in some of those positions. x_x

Porygandrew
19th June 2006, 5:39 AM
The montage did suck, but it was nice to see Rapidash and Tyrogue.
Does anyone here think that for montages like that, while animation is nice, that if it was handled more like how the Groudon/Kyogre battle was handled it'd be better? As it stood, this episode had stationary pokemon with their attacks moving, for the most part, whereas if it had (better-looking animation or) a really detailed picture, would that work in its stead?

CoolTrainerTerry
19th June 2006, 7:43 PM
*Drew's appeal with Masqueraine wasn't anything spectacular.
*Saori's appeal with Lapras was just really amazing.
*May's appeal with Combusken got better with the "Let's Go!" instrumental version.
*What exactly was the deal with the rose? That kind of confused me.
*Harley...was...CREEPY! He blew a freakin' kiss to Drew!
*Saori was really cool.
*The thing with May's reflection in the drink and the ice cracking was really nice.
*The animation was really good.
*Overall: 9/10 The only ting that kept it from getting a 10 was the creepy-Harley-as-May-thing.

Lil Brother
19th June 2006, 8:14 PM
Umm...good for you?Yes, it is.

Funny how I was thinking the highlight of the episode was going to be Brock wearing Nurse Joy's little hat, which everyone seems to be ignoring. It's understandable though. :P

Gravy
19th June 2006, 8:19 PM

*Chokes n' splutters*
! (http://www.specsavers.co.uk/cgi-bin/strudwick.sh/s?langid=1&pfmt=1&siteid=39&pname=home.html)

Any more completely incorrect statements like that and I'll be flat lining.

Joe
19th June 2006, 8:24 PM
The montage did suck, but it was nice to see Rapidash and Tyrogue.
MONTAGE!! Montage! All you need is a montage!!! Montage!

^^; Sorry, couldn't resist. And for those of you oblivious right now, two words; Team America. xD

There were some shots of Harley that honestly looked like he put some padding in his chest. Seriously!
Well, he certainly didn't stuff his crotch. It was flat like an action figure. Oo; And don't think of me as weird, I know a lot of you were thinking it too. =P

HoennMaster
19th June 2006, 10:46 PM
Not really, that is just creepy to think off

Yamato-san
20th June 2006, 1:13 AM
*Overall: 9/10 The only ting that kept it from getting a 10 was the creepy-Harley-as-May-thing.

so there're some that thought this episode was good except for Harley's cosplay, while several others think this episode would've been dull as hell without the guy. Whatever.

And Lil Brother, I actually noticed Takeshi with Joy's hat myself. Of course, as you said, it's understandable if it wasn't brought up. It was pretty much pushed out of my head the moment Harley stole the show... well, actually, even compared to Harley going around wearing the cloak and the black rose bit, that moment seemed pretty forgettable. Cosplaying Harley just magnified that forgettableness a thousand-fold. XD

Geodude
20th June 2006, 2:46 AM
Wrong. And this is not an opinion, it's fact. We've seen animation that clearly has been much better many times before. The animation ranged from average to very poor in this episode. You need to pay more attention to animation quality before making plain wrong statements like that.

Magical Leaf
22nd June 2006, 12:27 AM
Having seen the episode, I must say I don't feel it stood out that much, but that might have been the hangover.....

What's with that one glove thing that Saori's got going on?

Hang on.......
One glove......
Friends with a cute little boy....

Oh god, she's Michael Jackson in disguise!! :O

Anyway, checking up on her voice actress just made my opinion of her go way up. I was surprised I didn't pick anything up whilst I was watching the episode.

Best part, as most have already said before, was Harley's Haruka cosplay. Kinda makes me want to do one now, unfortunatly my figure is nowhere near as good as Harley's......

---Kyogre007---
23rd June 2006, 9:16 PM
It was a very enjoyable episode. May, Drew and Harley's appeals weren't so amazing, thus Saori's appeal, Jessie's role and HARLEY OF COURSE made this episode truly magnificent...

I live in Russia - that's why I am a bit late watching the latest japonese episodes...

Yamato-san
24th June 2006, 6:21 AM
hey, you know what I just thought would be helluh funny? What if some guy went to an anime convention dressed in Haruka's clothing, but with a purple wig/hair dyed purple to resemble Harley? XD Cosplaying a cosplayer. Any of you convention-goers wanna try that out?

Drew Andrews
7th October 2006, 8:49 AM
-The Lapras Girl is named Saori. Apparntley she's this season's Robert, she did a spectacular job during the appeal and got an extremely high rating from the judges.
Yep, she's good. She's the only Co-ordinator better than Drew.

-Saori and Drew, from what I can understand, apparently know each other from way back, and he really wants to beat her. I couldn't dicipher wether she was a famikly member or old firend, but when Serebii comes back, he can confirm it.
Hope it was family

-May and Drew got past the preliminaries, duh.

-When Saori and May seem to have become good friends, not a harsh new rival like Harley.

Yay.

aniuni
10th December 2006, 5:42 PM
I know the episode has been out for awhile, but I haven't seen it yet I think it should be playing Monday or Tuesday. I do have a major question which I'm trying to figure since I saw the spoilers, how and where did May get a Lapras?
I haven't seen her catch one just yet.

Amaranth
10th December 2006, 5:45 PM
I know the episode has been out for awhile, but I haven't seen it yet I think it should be playing Monday or Tuesday. I do have a major question which I'm trying to figure since I saw the spoilers, how and where did May get a Lapras?
I haven't seen her catch one just yet.

:? Its Saoris ( Sp ) Like wise are the others ;) May really works hard in this Grand Festival Yet got pretty shafted :/

PlusleMinun
12th December 2006, 2:10 AM
Saori's English Name is not Samantha, its Soledad.

CharizardMaster
12th December 2006, 2:11 AM
Damn, her name is Solidad! At leasts her voice is good.

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 2:13 AM
Damn, her name is Solidad! At leasts her voice is good.

Solidad> Samantha.

Hikozaru390
12th December 2006, 2:14 AM

I thought I'd be awesome and report on Soledad, but everyone and their grandma got here before me.

And Saori>Samantha>Soledad, in my opinion.

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 2:15 AM
I thought I'd be awesome and report on Soledad, but everyone and their grandma got here before me.

And Saori>Samantha>Soledad, in my opinion.

Solidad is a cool name. Samantha is a generic sounding one.

Hikozaru390
12th December 2006, 2:18 AM
Solidad is a weird name. Samantha is a generic sounding one.

And Generic>Weird sometimes.

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 2:19 AM
And Generic>Weird sometimes.

How is Solidad weird?

Hikozaru390
12th December 2006, 2:24 AM
I don't know anyone named Solidad, do you?

Anyhow, Harley's costume is full of win, but Jigglypuff's voice if full of phail.

Geodude
12th December 2006, 2:25 AM
It certainly does sound like an odd name, but apparently it's Spanish. After a quick Google search, I can't help but wonder if the character was named after this lady (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/obrien.soledad.html).

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 2:26 AM
I don't know anyone named Solidad, do you?

Anyhow, Harley's costume is full of win, but Jigglypuff's voice if full of phail.

It's a Wigglytuff, and Solidad is a foreign name, so no, I've not heard of many people who are named Solidad. Doesn't make it weird, though.

I guess every girl in the show needs to be named Jane Doe for you to like it.

WaterDragon trainer
12th December 2006, 2:27 AM
This episode was pretty good. Caroline has a pretty good new voice. Aipom was awesome in the beginning. Samantha/Soladad was a cool character, although I thought her real name was Samantha. Good to see Vivian again, although she had soemwhat a terrible new voice. It was cool to see Sheer Cold in the anime. Harley dressing up as May nearly gave me a heart attack from being so disturbing. It was great to see Drew with a new pokemon.

SucKa XD
12th December 2006, 2:27 AM
i've never heard the name soledad before
strange =/

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th December 2006, 2:29 AM
Cap Guy and Oscar made it too Round 2!

Also, they left Grande Festibol. XD

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 2:30 AM
Cap Guy and Oscar made it too Round 2!

Also, they left Grande Festibol. XD

What, they did? I missed it. :(

Jonouchi
12th December 2006, 2:32 AM
Mayley=PWNsome. Seriously.

I watched through this episode to see that one scene and it made me bust a gut.

Yay for Harley!

ShinyManafi
12th December 2006, 2:33 AM
What the! Harley in a May outfit, lol
For the most part part, this episode was pretty funny

Sheer Cold performance, ftw

Juputoru
12th December 2006, 2:33 AM
-So Solidad it is. At least it's unique.
-Would spewing out the old "May and Drew sittin' in a tree" shtick be a bit too corny after what Solidad said?
-The GF is speshul enough to get the normal judges plus Vivian plus three more Joys plus Jessie. Whee.
-So normal clothes aren't good enough for Solidad!
-Mayley's still good after all this time!
-"Harley must have a huge crush on May". Suuuure Max. Keep thinking that...yuh-huh... EDIT:So I did miss part of it. Heh heh. And of course the "if I didn't know any better" leaves it up to interpretation for those who have never heard of Harley before this episode.
-Harley is the BESTO CHARACTER EVAAAA

Well golly gee whiz, I already commented on this (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3465776&postcount=153) several months ago. The only difference is that I can understand the people now! Which makes it that much less hilarious. :(

C.J. Ray
12th December 2006, 2:45 AM
-"Harley must have a huge crush on May". Suuuure Max. Keep thinking that...yuh-huh...

Actually, you missed the "If I didn't know any better" part before it. :rolleyes:

Ash6K
12th December 2006, 2:46 AM
I really like the dub of this episode!! May and her interaction with all her rivals was really handled well! Solidad, they made it sound good in the show so I thought it was ok. Speaking of Solidad, her voice was awesome, it sounded caring and calmed yet she could get so hyped up for the contest.

Was Solidad really from Pewter City in the original? If so, cool!! And you can totally hear the contestshipping in this episode too! Seriously, Solidad saying how Drew talked about May and only May (or something along those lines)...yeah contestshipping!!

Harley was hilarious!! Wow...PUSA did a great job in making his character so flamboyant like he's supposed to be.

Drew seems that he is not the type that wants to lose which gives some insight to his character, and it seems and Ash has Aipom trouble (which I like to see...Aipom causing trouble=:D!). Plus, I loved the fact that they mentioned Ash's pokemon league...I mean they didn't mention Haunter, Sabrina, Koga, etc. but they did mention the pokemon league!! (Btw, did they do that in the original...if so cool!).

Now, to make this episode more "grand," I like how they kept the Grand Festival sign "Grande Festibol"! Shows, that they're not like 4Kids and edit things to make it more American (and if they forgot to edit it, I'm glad PUSA didn't).

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th December 2006, 2:48 AM
Max is like the smartest guy with the group.

chosen_one386
1. Voices: Caroline's was pretty good, but I like her old voice better.

Vivian's was horrible...

2. Solidad is a strange name, but I could sense a strange tense of emotions throughout the whole group of coordinators, espicially between May and Drew, during this episode.

3. Mayley... scarred me for life... I NEARLLY HAD A HEART ATTACK!!!

BattleFranky~40
Yes, Saori is from Pewter City in the original as well.

Solidad is a strange name
Because, of course, exotic and different= strange. Remember that kids. USA! USA!

Outlawz
12th December 2006, 3:01 AM
Great i missed it, thanks cartoon network for having to show a new episode every day.

YoshiAngemon
12th December 2006, 3:33 AM
Seeing "Mayley" gave me a "Wiggin" Thought! What if I agreed with ChakiChu, and had her make a May costume for me, and I can make a Don Patch plushie for myself, give him a wig and bandanna, and call him "MAY PATCH!" That would be a Super Fist of the May!

TogeticTheRuler
12th December 2006, 3:57 AM
Harley in a May outfit O_o that freaked me out,but thats why Harley rocks!

Geodude
12th December 2006, 4:08 AM
It certainly does sound like an odd name, but apparently it's Spanish. After a quick Google search, I can't help but wonder if the character was named after this lady (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/obrien.soledad.html).

Not sure if anyone noticed this or not, judging by the comments afterward about the name...

And if anyone wants clarification, although I haven't seen the dub yet, apparently all the hometowns that you guys heard are correct and true to the original. Soledad is from Brock's hometown of Pewter City, Drew is from LaRousse City of Destiny Deoxys fame, and Harley is from Slateport City.

Darkness Angel
12th December 2006, 4:11 AM
harley takes being weird to a whole new level.

Red Ryu
12th December 2006, 4:15 AM
Harley+May outfit=win.

Although this was mostly a serious episode other than the cross dressing and apiom incided of hat collecting it was very good.

P.S. Did they play the contest theme again in this episode?

Pokemon Fan
12th December 2006, 5:13 AM
I don't know what was stranger, Harley's dressing up as May or Max having the thought of it meaning he had a crush on her even enter his head. Honestly, where is the guy learning this stuff from?! Even Brock wouldn't dress up like his beloveds.

And his relationship with Soledad would seem to prove that Harley is in general a fairly decent, if eccentric, guy, just with a obsessed hatred for May.

Freya
12th December 2006, 5:28 AM
Im having second thoughts of harley's sexual oreientation...I nearly died when he was dressed as may...

S.Suikun
12th December 2006, 5:34 AM
Haha, I know we were using the name "Mayley" as a joke for Harley's cosplay back when this episode originally aired, but I didn't expect the dub to actually use the name!

"Banette, darling, you're just the cutest thing ever!"

Even though PUSA isn't making pointless paint edits like 4Kids, I still half-expected "Grande Festibol" to be changed since it used the Roman alphabet.

Coincidentally enough, both the first part of the Hoenn Grand Festival and the first part of the Kanto Grand Festival (I mean Grande Festibol) are two of the most horribly-animated episodes in the series.

So we're officially 23 episodes behind Japan now. Ugh.

Freya
12th December 2006, 7:18 AM
Haha, I know we were using the name "Mayley" as a joke for Harley's cosplay back when this episode originally aired, but I didn't expect the dub to actually use the name!

"Banette, darling, you're just the cutest thing ever!"

Even though PUSA isn't making pointless paint edits like 4Kids, I still half-expected "Grande Festibol" to be changed since it used the Roman alphabet.

Coincidentally enough, both the first part of the Hoenn Grand Festival and the first part of the Kanto Grand Festival (I mean Grande Festibol) are two of the most horribly-animated episodes in the series.

So we're officially 23 episodes behind Japan now. Ugh.

I agree with your points..anyways heres what i have to say about Mays appeal...it was un original its not like we dont see combusken do that every contest...and Mayley's sucked will o wisp looked horible...drew's was sub-par, Saori;s was awesome we saw sheer cold for once and it was rad...i refuse to call her Silidad cuz Saori sounds more Feminine

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 7:27 AM
I agree with your points..anyways heres what i have to say about Mays appeal...it was un original its not like we dont see combusken do that every contest...and Mayley's sucked will o wisp looked horible...drew's was sub-par, Saori;s was awesome we saw sheer cold for once and it was rad...i refuse to call her Silidad cuz Saori sounds more Feminine

How is Saori more feminine? And it's Solidad.

Medea
12th December 2006, 11:20 AM
OMG...

BEST EPISODE EVER (in Battle Frontier that is)

-Caroline's new voice kinda sucks (I like the last two voices better)
-Drew! OH! If only we got to see a flashback of his first contest. I wanted to see him cry. I've said that six months ago but who cares.
-Saori's dub name --> Solidad...I've wanted her to be Sarah, but then a couple of weeks ago, SOMEBODY said she was going to be Samantha. But now, it's Solidad? I'll evantually get used to it. Her dub voice was awsome though.
-Vivian's new voice made me cry out in friggin tears, the end.
-HARLEY! HARLEY! GAY HARLEY! COME OUT OF THE CLOSET HARLEY!
-They kept the fact that Drew comes from LaRousse. That's good.
-QUESTION!!! In the Japanese version, did Saori/Solidad EVER say she knew Harley?
-THEY KEPT MAYLEY! THEY KEPT THE KISS BLOWING! *Medea is pleased and won't whack anyone*
-MAX YOU STUPID KID! HARLEY IS GAY! ARGH! NOW WAY DOES HARLEY HAVE A CRUSH ON HARLEY!

And that's about all!

Reign G
12th December 2006, 11:32 AM
I have quite a few comments, none really bad, but not all are too good, either.

-Solidad. If it's pronounced Soul-A-Dad, like how they did, it's alright. But I imagined Sawl-A-Dad. Good thing I was wrong.

-Drew's from LaRousse City? Cool, and nice throwback to Destiny Deoxys.

-Solidad's from Pewter, huh? And aparently Brock knew her from before. When we first saw her, what Brock said made me think they had something going on before.

-Solidad likes Harley? HARLEY!? Excuse me while I barf.

-I may have misheard, but didn't they say Harley's from Slateport. Eh, my mom was vacumming at the time, so I didn't hear to well.

-...Harley. Dressed. As. May. GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!

-Harley blew a kiss to Drew. *Shudder*

cassius335
12th December 2006, 12:57 PM

Sounds more like a Solrock evo...

Nintendo_6444
12th December 2006, 1:44 PM
Yea, Mayley Scared me too. O_o Anyway, Sheer cold by lapras was pretty cool looking, and when will Ask catch that Aipom?

jolteonjak
12th December 2006, 2:08 PM
This was a great start to the Grand Festival. I don't remember whether or not I saw the pics of this episode, but I must say I really did enjoy it.

I'm starting to really see why people like Cybercubed are so passionate about May's contest arc. The writers have really produced some great quality rivals in Drew, Harley, and Saori (Solidad is a horrible name IMO, but I'm just a stupid American)...not to mention some of the one-shots (Grace, Timmy, salaryman).

Voices aside, this looks like it'll be a great Grand Festival.

YoshiAngemon
12th December 2006, 6:46 PM
Yea, Mayley Scared me too. O_o Anyway, Sheer cold by lapras was pretty cool looking, and when will Ask catch that Aipom? Ash will catch Aipom on Wednesday's episode.

Besides which, I'd want to freak people out, by dressing up as Bo-BoBo, dressed up as May, while holding a Custom-Made Don Patch plush, and call him "May Patch!"

Jo-Jo
12th December 2006, 7:01 PM
NOW WAY DOES HARLEY HAVE A CRUSH ON HARLEY!
Come now, Harley totally has a crush on Harley! ;)

Lishus13
12th December 2006, 9:54 PM
MANNN, I half expected Jessie to sit down at a bar and take a shot when she commented about "needing a drink". She asks for water?? WTF! I mean, her character isn't an ordinary water drinker...if you get what I mean.

Shift
12th December 2006, 10:41 PM
I won't be able to see this ep for a few days, so someone please tell me: did they keep Absol's Japanese voice, or use another gutteral growly type voice?

Hikozaru390
12th December 2006, 10:58 PM
It's a Wigglytuff

I guess every girl in the show needs to be named Jane Doe for you to like it.

I didn't know Wigglytuff were round and went "Jigg-a-lee-puff~".

And no, I was just saying I don't like the name Solidad. I know someone named Blaire. I don't like her name. I know someone named Mary. I don't like that name either.

And they used a growly male voice for Absol.

Shift
12th December 2006, 11:12 PM
And they used a growly male voice for Absol.
RAAUUUUGH!!!

MandySue
13th December 2006, 1:48 AM
A good episode.
Some of the voices were pretty good while others ,um, not so much.
Vivian and Caroline's voices were sort of mediocre but their parts are small so it's not so bad.
Solidad had a great voice in this :D. It was caring and pashionate. (oh and a very neat/unique name <3)

This was a great start to the 'Grande Festibol' =P. It was pretty serious with little comic relief areas (via Aipom and 'Mayley'...XD so funny).

I already knew that it was coming but it was still a little suprising to see Harley run around in May Cosplay but super hilarious.

My inner contestshipper is very happy because of Solidad's coment ;).
"And at some point he started in on you.You and only you. You see, since he's been watching you grow stonger in your performances I think he's developed feelings for you. I think that it's because of your abitlities that he's become more competitive" squeee<3

Well I'm looking foreward to the rest of the Grand Festival :D. Hopefully it will be even better than the first episode ;)!

-MandySue

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
13th December 2006, 6:19 AM
Seen the episode, and overall happy but except these clinchers.

-Caroline's voice was bad, it didn't have the same sweetness from the original dub, but good thing she doesn't show up often.

-Vivian's voice, a no no. Not satisfied.

-I didn't liked how they pronouced Solidad's name, it was the typical American way and did not convince me. Sometimes I hate when they use Spanish names knowly they'll kill the pronoucation. Its a nice name, and the real Spanish pronouction is "So-lee-dahd" (I put it in English).

Thats all, but the appeals were good, and to add.

OMG, Harley dressed up as MAY! Wow, I couldn't stop laughing. And I laughed even more when Ash fell down and the others reacted. Wow, that made the episode enjoyable. Just gotta love Harley.

BattleFranky~40
13th December 2006, 7:37 AM
-Caroline's voice was bad, it didn't have the same sweetness from the original dub, but good thing she doesn't show up often.

Yeah, she doesn't show up often.

As in, this is pretty much her last appearance.

Cobalt_Latios
14th December 2006, 4:39 AM
This was actually a pretty decent episode. It was pretty funny having Aipom's antics run for a short period of time, having Brock end up with Nurse Joy's hat(and by the looks of things, he never noticed). In a sense, Solidad reminded me of the roster that Lorelei had (Slowbro, Lapras), and the fact that she quickly shot down Brock was pretty funny.

What still annoys me even to this day, is that everytime a fairly major character(in this case Harley) decide to disguise themselves, it doesnt really take long for the main characters to realize it's them. But when Team Rocket disguises themselves, they seem invisible, even when you can clearly tell that it's them. Max didnt know right away, but he later realized that(also, i found that when Harley spoke to Max while in that cape, he sounded like the Mirage Mastermind).

Also, i do believe that this is the first time Sheer Cold is ever used. Overall not a bad episode, espescially with the reactions to Harley's outfit, which were pretty funny.

-Vivian's voice, a no no. Not satisfied.
Totally agree there too. Caroline didnt really sound all that bad to me, but it's mainly because i haven't heard it in quite a while(3 months to be exacts). Vivian same thing. Though if i did rewatch an old contest episode, then i might reconsider.

~C_L~

Knight_Ram
14th December 2006, 9:18 AM
What still annoys me even to this day, is that everytime a fairly major character(in this case Harley) decide to disguise themselves, it doesnt really take long for the main characters to realize it's them. But when Team Rocket disguises themselves, they seem invisible, even when you can clearly tell that it's them. Max didnt know right away, but he later realized that(also, i found that when Harley spoke to Max while in that cape, he sounded like the Mirage Mastermind).

~C_L~

Yes I do agree with you on that one. It also annoys me that they cant reconize something so simple like one of the main characters like Harley! but oh well...

This episode was great! I loved the return of the indigo platue, and the arrival of a new rival. (Lol did anyone else see that rhyme?!) It was pretty funny seeing that Aipom stealing everyones caps and owning Pikachu. Great entrance for Drew by trying to stop the Aipom with Petal Dance, and the entrance of Solidad (Now that name is not what I was expecting, I was going for Sarah or Samantha). But yeah, that was one really good entrance for Solidad with the Slowbro doing that Phychic. And with her blowing off Brock and he getting that face of him getting bounced was so funny! Hahaha!! I love it when Brock gets depressed from him getting blown off.

Great return of Vivian! It was pretty cool! Also kind of wonder how they chose what Nurse Joy they picked to put into the judges seat, since there are about a billion of them, im sure that it would have been a hard desission for them. But I think that it was just a little thing that we will just have to wonder, or maybe just me...

But back to Brock, I liked it how he actually has another person that he knows from his home town that is in a big contest and that also knows who brock is. Pretty cool! Solidad is kind of a know it all IMO, but other than that she is a good character. Also really cool how they showed off other trainers doing the contest instead of just the main characters. And with May using a Hoenn Pokemon would have giving her a big advantage since its a really rare type of pokemon to use right? Also, it was really good seeing Sheer Cold for the first time. They made it look really beautiful. Drews pokemon on the first round was kind of lame... Harleys outfit was just weeeeeird! Hahahahaha!! I dont know how Harley made it through that round, all his pokemon had done was just dance with Will-O-Wisp around it... 9.5/10 by me! It was a really great episode!

Geodude
14th December 2006, 1:25 PM
Great return of Vivian! It was pretty cool! Also kind of wonder how they chose what Nurse Joy they picked to put into the judges seat, since there are about a billion of them, im sure that it would have been a hard desission for them.
If you listen closely to the introduction of the judges in any contest, it's always the local Joy. So it was probably the same here.

sweet_angel_eevee
14th December 2006, 5:41 PM
is that the episode when harley dresses up as may........that was quite disturbing

Knight_Ram
14th December 2006, 9:49 PM
is that the episode when harley dresses up as may........that was quite disturbing

Yup it sure was this episode.

I agree with you on Harley dressing up as May being disturbing...So wrong!

starterlover1
14th December 2006, 10:00 PM
I liked the episode. Kinda cheap how cacturne lost to eevee's overrated shadow ball attack, even if it was powered up by focus punch.

Jorah
14th December 2006, 11:05 PM
I liked the episode. Kinda cheap how cacturne lost to eevee's overrated shadow ball attack, even if it was powered up by focus punch.

Uh, that's the NEXT episode. I read that just before I watched the next one.

Anyway, Mayley made me laugh, Harley's just so weird! Drew's right, at least he comes up with something fresh all the time XD I also laughed when Harley came near the end and Ash, Brock and Max backed away.

Knight_Ram
14th December 2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, this episode would have been pretty stupid if it wasn't for Harley dressing up like May and looking so funny and acting totally funny! This Grand Festival has been the best so far!

GreenKirby
16th December 2006, 6:20 PM
OMG! Solidad KNOWS Harley! That was a suprise.

Cosmic
24th December 2006, 7:53 PM
did everyone see how harley dressed up?hint hint(the name begins with a M and ends with a Y)

BattleFranky~40
24th December 2006, 8:07 PM
did everyone see how harley dressed up?hint hint(the name begins with a M and ends with a Y)

No, all of us completely skipped this episode.

TogeticTheRuler
1st January 2007, 8:42 AM
Detects Sacarsm

when Harley dressed as May, I shuddered, and in the end, he blew a kiss to Drew! Now my brain is recovering from that scared picture*Looks in the episode pictures!* Omg! Nooo now its burned into my brain!

aipom_fan
1st January 2007, 11:51 PM
when Harley dressed as May, I shuddered, and in the end, he blew a kiss to Drew! Now my brain is recovering from that scared picture*Looks in the episode pictures!* Omg! Nooo now its burned into my brain!
me too it was so wierd

the episode was great. u know just intros and nice thing except when harley was dress as may. veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy weirrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddd LOL

wobbanut
2nd January 2007, 4:13 AM
Whoa, seeing Harley dressed up as May was disturbing. I got a good laugh out of it, but it's still seriously disturbing.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. I especially liked that Team Rocket got to be in the whole episode but weren't causing any mischief and didn't get blasted off. It was interesting to see Jessie acting as the second announcer and doing a fairly good job (though I liked her hogging the camera and Meowth telling her not to act like her LOL). May's appeal wasn't that great (the frisbee thing was fine for her first contest, but I don't find it that impressive to repeat for the third or fourth time now), but I loved Soledad's. Speaking of Soledad, I really liked her, and it was interesting to see she knew Brock from the past. I liked the twerps' reaction to finding out that she already knew Brock, and how unenthused they were when she said she used to see him a lot. LOL Drew was awesome in this episode as well. I also was impressed that they had Ash remembering back to season one and the Indigo Plateau.

Probably the one thing that bothered me about the episode was that they obviously did NOT recycle Rachel Lillis's Jigglypuff singing voice. Jigglypuff just isn't Jigglypuff without that voice, even a random generic no-microphone Jigglypuff.

Overall, 10/10.

RedJirachi
10th February 2007, 10:07 AM
This is the first canon proof of contestshipping

lugia100
29th July 2007, 7:08 AM
I like the bit when Harley dressed up as May during the contest. That was so weird.

Faraway_Mew
22nd December 2007, 3:00 PM
I heard somewhere in this episode about which city drew came from, but I happen to forget.... what is it again?

Nando-Piplup
26th December 2007, 12:37 AM
Larousse City.

bhrettzerda053
28th March 2008, 8:04 AM
That's the nice episode(and dub title) because May is there in the Grand Festival, so is Harley and Drew. Too bad I can't describe anything in this episode because, well, I can't wait for it.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 3:02 AM
Harley is very scary! Anyways I love the title it had all the names just nto Soledad oh well I still loved this episode the frissbe agian I want to brake that thing do sometthing Flashy like Dawn
Anyways I loved this episode

HoennMaster
13th October 2008, 8:13 AM
Yeah, tell her to act like a character who hadn't appeared yet. How is Harley scary? It is Solidad.