PDA

View Full Version : PKMN 3000 Discussion/Inquiry/Info

Jinks
15th June 2006, 6:44 PM
The World ::You don't have to read it all. This is where you'll choose your starting city, as well as tell you the features of the city you're travelling in.::
Saffron City is the largest of all the Metropolis', the greatest and most populated city in all the World. It's towering skyscrapers shadow the fine steel-marble compound streets. It's moving walkways transfer hordes of people efficiently from one place to another, while massive monorails weave throughout the building, their railway elevated fifty feet from the surface below! This city has everything you can think of, fine dining, fast food, exotic attractions, Pokémon Arena*, five-star hotels, even gambling! The largest builing, a goliath which reaches several miles into the sky, is the Head Office of the Silph Corporation. This cities Gym Leader is Fredrique, a Steel-type trainer, and the holder of the sixth badge of the Kanto League.

Pewter City is pretty impressive to compared to what it was a thousand years ago. It is odd in the fact that although rather large, it's buildings are evenly spread out, the tallest being but two-stories high--the people here enjoy the warm sun, it seems. Unlike the great Metropolis', this city has patches of gardens and the occasional tree, and it's walkways and streets are mostly common cement, with bright glowing neon lights lining every corner. It's a city, and has a bit more then the basics--a Pokémon Center, a few quaint inns, the Museum of History and Paleontology, and of course, the Gym. It's leader is Ophea, a clever normal-type trainer, who holds the first badge of the Kanto League.

Cerulean City has managed to remain beautiful. It has grown to a Metropolis, though it's giant skyscrapers glimmer the white of ivory marble, their windows casting the sun down into the Venice-like waterways which are used to navigate the city by means of gondolas. It's truly exquisite, and a major tourist attraction, it's blue waters infested with many types of water Pokémon. Trainers are a common sight here, as it is really the first developmental stage on any quest, where the stakes are really shown. Cerulean City has several water shows, many fine dining places with seafood being the most common dish, and a Pokémon groomers. The Gym-Leader here is Riddick, a hot-headed, but effective water-type trainer who holds the second badge of the Kanto League.

Vermillion City has actually shrunk in size, although it is still a city. Diglett cave, once nothing but a small mound, hs grown to collosal proportions, overtaking a third of the city. Here, it is always common that the citizens ferverously battle the Diglett an Dugtrio, trying to regain their land. It has lost it's fame as a port city, it's bay mostly travelled by large oil tankers now, as opposed to beautiful cruise vessels. The city is set up in a crowded little square only two miles either way. The Gym Building is in it's exact center, and is the smallest building in teh entire city, shaped round and low to the ground, with the battling arena on the roof only one-story up. It's pretty mediocre, with no fine dining or attractions, although they are said to have the best hot dog vendors in town! The Gym Leader here is Aeros, the quick-thinking Bird-trainer, who holds the third badge in the Kanto League.

Lavender Town, oh poor Lavender Town. It is nothing but ruins, every builing crumbling to the ground. The Pokémon tower is all that stands, though even it has begun to perpetually slant. The entirity of the Lavender Ruins, what the town is now referred as, is infested heavily with ghosts and dark-type Pokémon, superpowered by feeding on the sorrow of the souls who fell with the city. It is a truly terrifying place to most, as it seems that cloud cover is always looming overhead. Only the bravest venture through the town at night, and only the strongest will emerge again in the day.

Celadon City is still but a city, large as it is. Although it has installed a subway system, it has remained a quaint large place with cobblestone walkways and roads and brick-crafted buildings of no more then six stories. Gardens are splayed out for decoration at street corner, vintage steel lamps lining every walkway. This place offers a massive park, where grass pokémon flourish amoungst the old, giant trees and the heavy foliage, though walkways have been installed through the natural phenomena. Among other things, it still has the largest Department Store in all the lands, selling anything and everything you could think of, as well as several fine bistros and bakeries. The Gym Leader here is DeLuke, a highly composed fighting-type trainer who holds the fourth badge in the Kanto League.

Fuschia City has gained the status of Metropolis', as well as the most populated port-city in the World. It offers rolling beaches with rocky cliffs, looming skyscrapers with automated walkways and a highly advanced hovertrolly system which is much like streetcars in San Francisco, except they hover inches from the surface and are rather modern in appearance. The Safari Zone, although reduced to two-thirds of it's original size, is still a great tourist attraction, many Pokémon having been added to it's list of catchables in the past thousand years. Other attractions one might be interested in are the cruise to Seafoam Islands, the Pokémon Circus, another Pokémon Arena, and the Exegucitement Amusement Park. The Gym Leader here is Horus, a mysterious Ghost-type trainer said to be one of the only survivors from Lavender Town's destruction. He holds the fifth badge in the Kanto League.

Cinnibar Island is currently forty feet below sea level, it's own modern age Atlantis. Of course, no one lives there, and only the most experienced divers dare even go there. Some of it's larger buildings still peak through the surface of the water, quite an odd sight when drifting out in the ocean one would assume.

Spectrum City, once known as Pallet Town, is a large, beautiful place. All of it's buildings seem to change colors when in different lights of the sun, and all glow mysterious blue in the light of the moon. It is an utterly amazing place, with few skyscrapers and the most interesting, modernized architecture known to man. Imagination truly built this city, which offers great theaters which display brilliant broadway-esque plays, beautiful fountains with multi-colored waters, the finest dining in all the land, and a night club (fifteen or older to enter). Freah is the Gym Leader here, an extremely intelligent Psychic-type trainer who holds the seventh badge in the Kanto League.

Viridian City is much like a smaller version of Saffron, not quite a Metropolis' yet but still sporting elevated monorails and automted walkways, it's skyscrapers not nearly as tall as that of Saffron's, but still impressive never the less. There's nothing truly exciting about this town, everything seems mediocre. Most of it's inhabitants are Pokémon trainers aspiring to obtain the eighth badge and head to the Pokémon League, and besides those people, the city is hardly populated. It is home to a massive Power Plant in the East District, and several office buildings, but nothing a tourist would ever want. The Gym Leader here is the famed Axle, a great Electric-type trainer who holds the eighth and final badge of the Kanto League.

Other Places are the same as they've always been. Although the cities have grown and become highly more advanced and technological, the routes between them are much the same. Viridian still has a forest which is much like it was 2000 years ago, Rock Tunnel is still an expansive network of tunnels of pitch black darkness, even the Seafoam Islands, so near the hurricane which destroye Cinnabar, are beautiful caverns withs treaming rapids and builtiful natural ice sculptures. So besides the cities, treat any of the routes or natural areas, such as Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel, and Seafoam Islans, as they are interpreted in the television series.

Pokémon Arenas
Anyone who's read the city descriptions is probably like: "WTF is a Pokémon Arena?" Well, that's why this is here. It's something new, that I've developed, though I'm sure it's not entirely original, it could prove interesting for the plot. There are two Pokémon Arenas in Kanto, one in Saffron City, the other in Fuschia City. Anyone who wishes to take the Pokémon Arena challenges must hold five of the eight Kanto League Badges. What happens in the arenas is stated below, as it varies with date and location.

Fuschia City - (Monday to Wednesday)Blind Fight: Trainers must battle with three unknown Pokémon provided to them by the Arena. (Thursday to Saturday)Magna Melee: Trainers compete in a battle using ten of their Pokémon against ten of their opponents. Trainers must win three consecutive battles in the "Blind Fight" challenge and two consecutive battles in the "Magna Melee" challenge to battle Korie, the Arena's Top Dog, in a Magna Melee battle. If trainers win, they'll recieve an extremely generous prize.

Saffron City - (Monday)Green Day: Trainers may only use grass and bug-type Pokémon. (Tuesday)Blue Day: Trainers may only use water and ice-type Pokémon. (Wednesday)Red Day: Trainers may only use fire-type Pokémon. (Thursday)White Day: Trainers may only use normal and flying-type Pokémon. (Friday)Master Day: Trainers may only use Dragon, Steel, and Dark-type Pokémon. (Saturday)Gray Day: Trainers may only use rock and ground-type Pokémon. All batles in the Saffron City Arena are 3-on-3, the three Pokémon chosen before hand. Trainers must win two consecutive battles in two of any of the six battles to fight Tiffany, Saffron's Arena Top Dog, in a one-on-one all-or-nothing. In example, a trainer could win two consecutive battles on Green Day, and two consecutive battles on Master Day, and then challenge the Top Dog. But a trainer couldn't just compete and win two consecutive battles on Blue Day, and then attempt to challenge the Top Dog.

Things You Should Know ::Kind of important for character creation.::
Clothing has changed big time. People often wear metallic shades, never too many bright colors. The most popular choice of clothing for males is often golden or black bubble vests with metallic silver parachute pants and neat sneakers, maybe with a jacket or a messenger bag. Girls often wear crazy patterned monotone (black and white) skirts with dark, form fitting, sleeveless blouses. Honestly, just be creative. Don't outfit your character in a band T-shirt and a pair of jeans, that's so not the year 3000 =P

Lineage is a touchy subject. It's been over a thousand years since the days of Ash Ketchum, Brendan Birch, Gary Oak, May Maple, and all of those other people. If you truly, and seriously want your character to be a great descendant of one of these charaters, I ask that you SERIOUSLY give great reasoning as to how your character knows that he's a descendant, family ties do tend to disappear in a millenia.

Hair is extremely...extremely fun in the future. Do anything you want, any color with any shades of highlights, dreads with diamond beads at the ends, multi-colored, purple tipped, be creative.

History, although self-explaintory, needs to be a bit cleared up. Just one thing, though, really. Your character can and probably will have prior training experience with simulation devices, etc. The "New Way" as Roman Forge describes it, and that is completely okay.

More will be added progressively. If you think I need to add something to this section, PM me with suggestions.

How this RP will play out (here's where to look if you don't understand rule 10..)
I will try to post at least once a day with plot updates, responses to posts, etc. I will play every important NPC, which basically means that you are allowed to play a random trainer in the streets that you encounter, or a friend, or whatever, but I will be playing Gym Leaders, Arena Battle Opponents, etc. Everytime one of my posts does a plot update, the day will change. Do not roleplay your character through several days, I'm going be time keeper. It's kind of hard to explain. My first post will include a day and time. You may play out from that day and time till when your character will sleep that night, until I post another time in my post. This is just to ensure that people don't start rushing things along, there's a lot to do in this RP, no need to push it along. Basically, just don't over do it. If you've posted seven times between my posts, and the others have only posted once or twice...well...you're posting too much! >O; All battles with other players will be judged and decided, like in PASBL, by me. I will serve as ref. Of course, be much more descriptive about your attacks then people in PASBL do.

Catching a Pokémon (a lot easier then you think)
If you wish to catch a wild Pokémon, simply PM me the breed and the area in which you caught it, and I'll respond telling you whether or not it's acceptable. Here's an example:

Lucy wants to catch a Girafarig in the Safari Zone. This is completely acceptable. But if...

Jake wants to catch a Voltorb along Route 2. This is not, because Voltorb do not take habitat in grassy areas like Route 2.

Also, no legendary Pokémon. To clarify, this means: No Articuno, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Registeel, Regice, Regirock, Doexys, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Rukario, and I hope I didn't leave any out. =D

Please take note that I have probably not included something important here, because since I've started typing all of this I forgot most of what was to go here. If you think I need to add something, please suggest it in this thread. Also keep a look-out, as it will updated periodically. The purpose of this thread is to both discuss the RPG, whether it be sub-plots within the characters, as well as to ask questions about anything at all relating to the roleplay.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
15th June 2006, 7:25 PM
Yes, I have a question. Umm.......is there a time limit on how long we can start to catch pokemon?

Jinks
15th June 2006, 8:19 PM
Yes, I have a question. Umm.......is there a time limit on how long we can start to catch pokemon?

Meaning...do you have to wait a certain amount of time after the RPG starts to start catching? Absolutely not. You wanna catch an Oddish in the forest around Roman Forge's house? Go for it. Well, first, PM me with the info like you're supposed to, then when approved to catch it, go for it.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
15th June 2006, 8:23 PM
Can I pm you right now to tell you what I want to catch? Or just to ask you if the pokemon I want are around in your RPG?

Jinks
15th June 2006, 8:35 PM
Can I pm you right now to tell you what I want to catch? Or just to ask you if the pokemon I want are around in your RPG?

Go for it. I don't recommend you stack them up too fast. Remember, the only accessible area to your character would be the surrounding forest, hence, only Forest-Habitat PKMN will be around.

-*-Gothica-*-
15th June 2006, 10:56 PM
For the clothing for the girls...can the clothing be a little wild with short shorts and short tank-tops and tatoos and a lot of piercings or keep it simple?

squirtleking
16th June 2006, 2:35 PM
Will the maximum number of pokemon be 6, or can trainers catch more than 6 and just rotate them?

Jinks
16th June 2006, 9:20 PM
Gothica - Hey, like I said, just be creative and at least think "futuristic" when you choose appearal. Characters don't have to where what I've listed, they were just for examples. So yea, that's completely acceptable.

squirtleking - Of course you can catch more then six Pokémon =P Naturally, you can't have more then six on your person at any time.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
16th June 2006, 9:43 PM
Im not being mean or anything but you would think in a thousand years into the future, they would have made something to where you could hold more than six pokeballs at once.

Twitch
17th June 2006, 7:51 AM
;227; Remember though that it's supposed to be done "The Old Way" where there is still a six Pokemon limit.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
17th June 2006, 2:41 PM
Oh yah! That makes perfect sense now. Forgot about that little tidbit of info.

darkpkmn fan1
17th June 2006, 3:31 PM
Are we alowed to go to other regions?

Jinks
20th June 2006, 6:30 PM
darkpkmn fan1 - No, no other regions. Reason being, one is big enough, and all of the trainers specific directions were to complete the Kanto League challenge, not Johto, nor Hoenn, Orange Islands, etc.

Who knows though, once this RPG is completed, the storyline might branch off into something much bigger and more complex, where the other regions are involved. =D

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
20th June 2006, 6:37 PM
well, if we do get enought cooperation, I hope it stays on for a good long time. Most ones i've been in close or die out even before we hit 100 posts. So plz people, don't post less than 6 lines.

Jinks
20th June 2006, 7:00 PM
I'll do my best to include enough plot to FORCE all of you to post at least six lines =P

darkpkmn fan1
20th June 2006, 8:05 PM
Are we still alowed to get hoenn and johto pokemon.

Jinks
20th June 2006, 8:11 PM
darkpkmn fan1 - No. o.o;

darkpkmn fan1
20th June 2006, 8:19 PM
Why arnt we alowed to catch 2nd and 3rd gen pokemon

Jinks
20th June 2006, 8:35 PM
Oh o.o; I thought you just asked if you could go to Johto and Hoenn again >.<; Of course you can catch 2nd and 3rd gen Pokémon.

Edit: I added the info about the Pokémon Arenas, so read away. They're kind of like Battle Tents, just with a few more twists.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
23rd June 2006, 8:33 PM
So, How do the Gym battles work here on his RP?

Hyuu
24th June 2006, 4:08 AM
So, How do the Gym battles work here on his RP?

For future referrance, characters who make it to Pewter City and believe they are ready to battle for their badge should PM me beforehand, seeing as I will be NPCing the Gym Leaders. It will give me a heads up, just incase, you know?

In the RPG thread, should read what Jinks says in the orange and green :p

squirtleking
25th June 2006, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but are we allowed to create NPC characters to travel with? If so, will they be able to catch pokemon, and will we need to PM you their capture lists?
I'm assuming that no-one else can capture Pikachu now, since it's a "rare starter". Is that right?

Twitch
25th June 2006, 3:29 PM
;227; I have a question regarding the Pokemon Arenas. In the Saffron PA, for the different days, how does it work with dual-types? Can you enter, say, a Skarmory on White Day AND Master Day, or only one?

Kris
25th June 2006, 5:09 PM
squirtleking, I asked Jinks that a little while ago, and he said I could catch a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, which most of us are in now. I'm going to catch one in my next post, which will not be until Friday, because I'm going to camp. So...be back Friday.