PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Last Gasp

~RaikouRider243~
17th June 2006, 6:12 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ravnica/last_gasp.jpg

LAST GASP
Ravnica: City of Guilds common

1B: Instant
Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.

"Allow me a moment to catch your breath."

--------------------

The prototype of this card cost B and gave a creature -2/-2 until end of turn, and it was called the "black Shock." This is much like a Shock for black decks. Also, since it gives negative/negative, it gets around regeneration AND indestructability. Cheap little instant that I seem to have trouble pulling out of packs, but you get them in both of the Rav black preconstructed decks. I love that flavor text, too.

Raikou Rider's Rating: 4/5

klducks
17th June 2006, 5:24 PM
great removal in all formats. As stated, the -/- gets around so many things. +, it's an instant. Just an overall a great removal card.

4/5

Shadow Trainer
18th June 2006, 3:45 AM
Great removal. 4/5

undisputed_seraphim
18th June 2006, 5:33 AM
Great removal for early games.
3/5
useless in late games though. But cumulative effects of up to -12/-12 are still great. If you can dish out 8 mana, that is.

Felix Feral Fezirix
18th June 2006, 2:09 PM
I haven't pulled that card yet too. O_O I swear it's a pseudo-rare. Maybe they misprinted the colour of the expansion symbol. It's very useful. Very. >_< It can really contribute to the removal of Darksteel Colossus. Graagh. I want it.

4/5.

Sic 'im, Last Gasp.

skiboydoggy
18th June 2006, 6:05 PM
I have like, three or five of those cards. Admittedly useful, and a really cheap alternative to Volcanic Hammer on creatures yes...
But for mass removal, I recommend looking at Screams from Within.

Felix Feral Fezirix
19th June 2006, 10:58 AM
Screams from Within is for weenies. This however...This screams "KILL DARKSTEEL COLOSSUS!!!111"

The original was Sicken.

B

Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.

~RaikouRider243~
19th June 2006, 2:45 PM
The original was Sicken.

B

Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.

Sicken was an enchantment that gave -1/-1 sir. There never was a true "black Shock." Even if there was, it'd probably only have been a sorcery.

And they can't be that rare, you get 2-3 of them out of EACH Ravnica preconstructed black deck. I've already pulled four of them besides the ones I got out of the decks. Albeit, all four of those pulls were RECENT...

How many Pollenbright Wings/Devouring Lights have you pulled? I can't seem to find those...

Shadow the Hedgehog
20th June 2006, 1:03 AM
Wow that thing is useful. Common too...... 4/5
I would REALLY like the B -2/-2 but this is still quite good.

Felix Feral Fezirix
20th June 2006, 12:04 PM
Crap. Messed up. >_<

I pulled a few Wings, but I can't find Lights. >_<

I need to start pulling this for my Pestilence deck.

skiboydoggy
21st June 2006, 11:04 AM
I have 1 Light, and 2 Wings.

And besides, you can't kill the Colossus, ever. It just reshuffles into your library.
(Phase-shifting it with removal from play does not count.)

Felix Feral Fezirix
24th June 2006, 10:45 AM
That reminds me, Ski. GIMME YOUR CHANT OF VITU-GHAZI!!!