PDA

View Full Version : Do you think 4th gen Pokemon will be tradable to the 3rd gen?

cmitch25
21st June 2006, 3:20 AM
I hope that d/p pokemon will be tradable to r/s/e and fr/lg because that would make it easier to trade. I always had trouble finding pokemon tradeable to r/b in g/s/c.

;249-d;LugiaXD;249;

The Great Butler
21st June 2006, 3:38 AM
New Pokémon will not be tradeable from D/P to the Advance Generation. Why? Because when the Advance Generation games were programmed, the 4th Generation Pokémon had not been created yet.

CardShark
21st June 2006, 3:58 AM
Of course not.

Meganium Ex
21st June 2006, 4:12 AM
No way no how. Its pretty obvious considering you couldn't trade G/S/C Pokémon to R/B/Y, and R/S/E/F/L wasn't programmed with the 4th generation Pokémon data

Golden_Latias
21st June 2006, 4:15 AM
o.O Did you listen to Bill AT ALL in G/S/C? Trading Pokemon Johto Pokemon to R/B/Y would cause the trading machines to crash! Well, something like that. Don't remember.

Likewise, it'll probably work the same with R/S/E/FR/LG and D/P.

DJ-Will
21st June 2006, 5:05 AM
Why would you want to trade D/P Pokemon to 3rd gen anyway? If you're like the millions of Pokemon fans who have the games, you've done all of the subplots, caught most if not all of the Pokemon (unless you can't trade), and gotten your main team to LV 100.

Metropolis
21st June 2006, 5:29 AM
o.O Did you listen to Bill AT ALL in G/S/C? Trading Pokemon Johto Pokemon to R/B/Y would cause the trading machines to crash! Well, something like that. Don't remember.

Likewise, it'll probably work the same with R/S/E/FR/LG and D/P.

Yes thats right, Its already been confirmed.

Anyway, it would be fun having 4th gen pokes in Ru/Sa/FR/LG/Em, but we're already lucky enough to be able to trade our hard earned 3rd gen. pokes to D/P, and the 3rd gen pokes from D/P to Ru/Sa/FR/LG/Em.
That may be unable to obtain because of version exclusive to another game (Eg. Mantines not avaliable in FR, but it may be in D/P, so you could trade you're Mantine to help complete the FR pokedex.)

Lucario's Shadow
21st June 2006, 5:44 AM
Actually you can trade from R/S/E and Fr/Lg to D/P i've seen it on the Japanese site, it says that you can trade just like you got course data in Dash, you put the gamboy game in the gameboy slot but enter the ds game from the Ds Menu (as soon as you turn it on), and just like in G/S/C, THEY cold trade back to Red/Blue/Yellow while the Jhoto pokemon were not programed in those games, the Jhoto Pokemon just couldn't be put onto the Red/Blue/Yellow games but original Pokemon culd be traded to G/S/C though.
Sorry if i sound like a know-it-all but I just wanted to make my point to you all.;250;

Lucario's Shadow
21st June 2006, 5:46 AM
Actually you can trade from R/S/E and Fr/Lg to D/P i've seen it on the Japanese site, it says that you can trade just like you got course data in Dash, you put the gamboy game in the gameboy slot but enter the ds game from the Ds Menu (as soon as you turn it on), and just like in G/S/C, THEY cold trade back to Red/Blue/Yellow while the Jhoto pokemon were not programed in those games, the Jhoto Pokemon just couldn't be put onto the Red/Blue/Yellow games but original Pokemon culd be traded to G/S/C though.
Sorry if i sound like a know-it-all but I just wanted to make my point to you all.;250;
Just had to help you ShellDude1;250;

Metropolis
21st June 2006, 5:52 AM
Yes thats right, Its already been confirmed.

Anyway, it would be fun having 4th gen pokes in Ru/Sa/FR/LG/Em, but we're already lucky enough to be able to trade our hard earned 3rd gen. pokes to D/P, and the 3rd gen pokes from D/P to Ru/Sa/FR/LG/Em,
That may be unable to obtain because of version exclusive to another game (Eg. Mantines not avaliable in FR, but it may be in D/P, so you could trade you're Mantine to help complete the FR pokedex.)

You must have missed that bit Shiny_Hunter.

Sorry if that sounds a bit stuck up.

Also, you should watch double posting.

MetalMario
21st June 2006, 6:20 AM
Short answer: No.

There exists a slim possibility that GF may provide a patch (similar in nature to the Berry Glitch fix) which would add support for fourth-gen Pokémon to Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald. (The GBA carts use EEPROM to store their software.) There's about six megs of unused space on the carts of said games; enough for data on a few hundred Pokémon and all the moves, items, and stuff you could expect. Given that the resource/pointer tables are already configured to accomodate such extensions, it's technically possible. The trouble is I doubt that the D/P cards would have enough spare space on hand for such a six-meg patch, so it'd have to be seperate. GF has never done something this extreme in the past, so don't get your hopes up.

Lucario's Shadow
21st June 2006, 6:32 AM
Sorry about the double posting and the fact that i was unaware about the other reply saying that you could trade, Sry!

Pikamiki
21st June 2006, 7:00 AM
its impossible since they wouldn't be programmed into the game!

Char1016
21st June 2006, 8:34 AM
I like the idea that MetalMario said, but I still think not. I don't know why so do not ask me for that.

Old Pokemon, 3rd gen and less, can be traded there, but 4th gen can't be traded into old games.

Metropolis
21st June 2006, 9:44 AM
Sorry about the double posting and the fact that i was unaware about the other reply saying that you could trade, Sry!

I Forgive and forget.

its impossible since they wouldn't be programmed into the game!

Even though its Extremely unlikely, GF may suprise us all, and announce that made all the D/P pokemon, moves, abilitys ect. while they were making the 3rd gen. games, so its possible to trade.

But that is more unlikely that Serebii.net turning into digimon forums.

XDCOMPLETE
21st June 2006, 11:36 PM
Well yes you can. In the discription on serebii it says you can trade between both generations

chosen_one386
22nd June 2006, 12:07 AM
It must mean you can trade only 3rd gen Pokes between the two games, since the 4th gen Pokes didn't exist when R/S/E were created.

So, my answer is no.

Shouldn't this be in the D/P section?

Pokemon4Ever
22nd June 2006, 12:32 AM
It can't happen, the fourth generation Pokemon weren't created yet.

Naterio
22nd June 2006, 12:34 AM
you can trade any pokemon from the advanced to D/P but not D/P to advanced unless they are advanced pokemon with no new moves or items

Kikas123
22nd June 2006, 1:11 AM
If it is for DS they probably aren't. but who knows, if anyones gonna push the limits it's game freak!

Team Rocket Admin
22nd June 2006, 1:15 AM
NO, NO, NO, NO times 1,000,000. Won't happen, ever. Period.

FireTrainer92
22nd June 2006, 3:32 AM
Why do you think that you coun't trade anything new from G/S/C to R/B
People these days

Psychic Overdrive
22nd June 2006, 11:30 AM
How about they do something akin to the berry patch. They could use the backdoor feature to add the new Pokes. That is if there is enough memory in there to take the (100+?) new ones.

danburite
23rd June 2006, 11:24 AM
If they can patch a GBA game to fix the Berry Glitch, it'd be interesting if they could patch it to add new Pokemon.

I doubt it, but it's still possible.

Serebii
23rd June 2006, 12:01 PM
No they wont

The End

*closes*