PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon World Circuit RPG cafe

squirtleking
21st June 2006, 6:59 PM
Welcome to the newly opened RPG cafe for my new RPG, "World Circuit"!

World Circuit
Rules and Guidelines

General:
• Keep the posts at a decent length, or else this RPG gets closed - it’s that simple
• Please, no rude or foul language (this includes blasphemy, eg. “Oh my-“ - Oh my gosh/goodness is okay)
• All normal Serebii rules apply

Character Groups:
• At various points during the story, for the sake of the plot all player characters shall have to be together - however, other than these plot moments, feel free to travel by yourself, with other player characters or even self-created non-player characters
• If you travel alone, fair enough, but you’ll have virtually no-one to interact with
• If otherwise travelling alone, you may create UP TO 2 NPC characters who travel with you - if they have pokemon, you’ll need to clear the captures with me via PM
• If travelling with other player characters, you may not create NPCs of your own - if everyone did this, the group would get too large to cope with!

NPC characters:
• As mentioned previously, you may only create NPCs to travel with if otherwise travelling alone - however, you may create family/friends who appear briefly during the RPG, but who have little effect on the story overall
• I can’t stress this enough, but NO ONE shall be related to/be previously acquainted with any characters from the anime series, except perhaps the professors - Ash and certain other characters shall appear during the RPG, but may not have any ties to player characters
• I shall be playing the major NPCs e.g. the enemy leaders, Gym Leaders etc. so NO CONTROLLING OF THEM without my permission, following a PM concerning what the character/s shall be used for

Trainer Pokemon:
• As always, the usual rules of pokemon apply; only six pokemon at a time, no refusing trainer challenges etc.
• The strongest attack that the starter pokemon can use at the beginning of the RPG is their first elemental attack e.g. ember for the fire types, water gun for the water types, leech seed for Bulbasaur, razor leaf for Chikorita and Absorb for Treecko - this is to stop these supposedly “new” pokemon from busting out, say, a flamethrower or solar beam in their first battle
• Feel free to give any pokemon HM, TM, egg or move tutor moves, so long as you are seen to be applying the move/training to use the move in a post - it doesn’t just appear from nowhere
• The number of pokemon a trainer can capture (including their starter) during a leg of the world circuit is 10 - note that these stack up over the tournaments e.g. trainer A, competing in the Kanto League will have a maximum of 10 pokemon, whereas trainer B, in the Johto League, will have up to 20

Legendaries:
• Until further notice, each player has only ONE Legendary pokemon
• Only once I feel you are ready, and have PMed you to inform you of my decision, may you claim your Legendary - when the time comes, I shall post in this thread to explain how this should be done
• You may not use your Legendary in wild, trainer or Gym battles
• When not in battle, your Legendary takes humanoid (warrior mode) form and can talk to you
• Your Legendary does not count towards your 6-pokemon belt or 10-pokemon leg limits

In any case, discuss, query and enjoy!

Raider Phoenix
21st June 2006, 7:06 PM
When are we allowed to evolve our un-evolved pokemon?

TheTurquoiseTauros!
21st June 2006, 7:12 PM
Hey squirtleking!! I just sent you a PM about the pokemon I want to catch.

Jinks
21st June 2006, 7:36 PM
How long do you forecast it will take to complete the Kanto League Circuit?

squirtleking
21st June 2006, 7:59 PM
Raider Phoenix: It depends on which pokemon you have. If you're raising your starters well and training hard, they could well evolve between Pewter city and Cerulean, wheras something like Dratini would take far longer. I'll survey your progress and PM you when I feel one of your pokemon is ready to evolve.

Porygon2lover: I know, I've sent replies to everyone that's sent me lists.

Jinks: I'm not sure yet, depends on how the RPG turns out.

Raider Phoenix
21st June 2006, 8:04 PM
What about Pokemon eggs? Will there be a Daycare or something similar? Can we breed our Pokemon?

squirtleking
21st June 2006, 9:10 PM
Yes, I haven't decided where this will be yet, possibly Celadon or Saffron City.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
21st June 2006, 9:46 PM
Can we pick what we want to hatch from the eggs?

Tale
21st June 2006, 9:52 PM
I highly doubt it. At least, I for one am certain that I would rather be faced with the anticipation of not knowing what is inside the egg, until it finally hatches. Perhaps we should jus twait and see rather than ask, I'm very sure good ol' squirtleking has got all this planned out.

Besides, its more of a surprise when we are faced with such a scenario.

squirtleking
22nd June 2006, 9:13 AM
porygon2lover: It'll depend on what you leave at the daycare, really. If you purposefully leave pokemon in the daycare to breed them, then as always you'll get the basic form of the female pokemon. Of course, if you just happen to be entrusted with a mystery egg...

Tale: thanks for the vote of confidence - I'll try and do things right so that everyone can enjoy this RPG.

Raider Phoenix has queried the inclusion of relationships (pg-13) in the RPG. I am fully prepared to allow this, so long as the following guidelines are kept:
If you are seeking a relationship with a player character, make sure that the other player is willing to go along with it - no bunnying to make a character fall into your character's arms during your post!
If it's a NPC character, you can do what you want, so long as it is believable.
NO OTT relationships, eg. touching, excessive snogging and especially no sex/nudity!

Okay, our last member is on a conditional acceptance - once their signup is fully accepted, the RPG shall begin, so good luck!

Jinks
22nd June 2006, 4:05 PM
This was a completely stupid question which I'm nullifying right now and replacing with something that's still relevant.

If that last person doesn't come through, I'd be more than willing to play two characters =3

Raider Phoenix
22nd June 2006, 4:10 PM
Let the last person have a chance as people can't always be online.

squirtleking
22nd June 2006, 4:19 PM
I'm going to give our potential last member until tomorrow morning (about 9am UK time) to sign in with an improved sheet - after that, I'll consider what to do to fill the final spot.

Raider Phoenix
23rd June 2006, 1:55 PM
Will at some point our starter pokemon and any captured starter pokemon learn Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant.
Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko: Frenzy Plant
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic: Blast Burn
Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip: Hydro Cannon
So will they have the oppertunity to learn these moves?

squirtleking
23rd June 2006, 6:06 PM
Raider Phoenix: I doubt it, at least not in Kanto. The starters will need to get way more powerful before being capable of things like that.

Okay, the Legendaries shall start becoming available once most/all trainers have their 4th badges, so get training!

The RPG has begun, but there are one or two things still to be clarified:

I still don't have capture lists for all characters - if you don't PM me the list of UP TO 10 pokemon you want to catch in Kanto, you can't catch pokemon!

Crystal_Zephyr, can you give your character a surname, please? It just makes it easier for me.

Raider Phoenix
23rd June 2006, 6:18 PM
squirtleking I've noticed that Uysl is posting shorties which is against the rules both the RPG and the RPG Forum rules.

Tale
23rd June 2006, 6:32 PM
I already pointed this out in the actual RPG, but I noticed that some of us could understand what our Pokemon were saying.

I was wondering if this was ok? If not, would it be ok to write what the Pokemon say, but not have the humans understand?

A couple of questions I was pondering over.

Edit: Oh! And also, regarding these lists we have to send, do the Pokemon have to originate from Kanto. So, for example, a Houndour would be out of the question in terms of captures? Or can we ask for Pokemon across the board?

squirtleking
23rd June 2006, 7:26 PM
Raider Phoenix/Tale: thanks, I've just been in the RPG and I've noticed. Usyl, PLEASE write a bit more than that, or this RPG WILL get closed, and I'd rather that didn't happen! Try to write at least 4-5 lines!

Tale: Pokemon can understand each other, but trainers cannot translate from pokemon language to english/japanese/whatever. So long as the pokemon are just talking to each other, that's fine. Trainers MAY try to interpret a pokemon's feelings through body language etc like in the anime series, but cannot accurately translate word for word. ONLY the Legendaries may easily communicate with the humans.

In addition, feel free to post any pokemon (within reason) in your capture list - just try not to have too many foreign pokemon (you will be travelling through Johto/Hoenn later, remember!)

Raider Phoenix
23rd June 2006, 7:32 PM
I think it would be best if Uysl is PM'd as he might not check this thread. So we can begin training our pokemon now?

squirtleking
23rd June 2006, 7:40 PM
Not yet, as made clear in my last few posts, the Professors want to tell the group something MASSIVELY important and won't let them go until everyone is there. That said, feel free to start training inside the lab itself, so long as yuo don't leave and remain close by for the announcement.

On the subject of Usyl, his position has been made very clear in my newest post - neither the Professors nor myself shall tolerate him doing as he pleases when everyone has been repeatedly asked to stay for the sake of the plot, in addition to his constant short posts.

Raider Phoenix
23rd June 2006, 7:44 PM
Is it alright if the pokemon we catch have their own distinct personalities? Such as I have my Totodile be quite hyper and act like a comedian. And in the case of pokemon evolving through Stones, can we just randomly find a Stone or do we wait until we get to Celadon in order to get Stones? Would Moon Stones be sold at Celadon's tore as well?

squirtleking
23rd June 2006, 7:49 PM
Yes, feel free to give pokemon any personality you want.
Yes, elemental stones can (in rare situations) be found in the wilderness - just make it a good post.
Otherwise, elemental stones (fire/thunder/leaf/water) can be bought in Celadon City
Sun/Moon stones may only be found in the wilderness, or earned through helping NPC filler characters.

Raider Phoenix
23rd June 2006, 7:56 PM
Can I start training my Totodile to learn Water Pulse?

squirtleking
23rd June 2006, 7:58 PM
Maybe not right away - wait until you've had time to master your pokemon's original attacks first - but after that, anything goes!

Raider Phoenix
23rd June 2006, 8:03 PM
Alright and how many people still need to post until the Profs make their big announcement?

squirtleking
23rd June 2006, 8:08 PM
I'm just waiting for Crystal Zephyr to post getting her pokemon, and then Andrew will get his pokemon and the announcement shall be in the next post.

Raider Phoenix
24th June 2006, 3:44 PM
I don't think Uysl payed any attention to your OOC note as I've seen another shortie from him.

Tale
25th June 2006, 10:34 AM
Does Crystal Zephyr know that she needs to post recieving her Pokemon? I'm not sure, of course, but perhaps she thought her last post was suitable to get her moving along - despite the fact she didnt post getting her Pokemon.

Just a thought I thought I'd share. Have you PMed her to make sure? No pressure, Crystal, if you know about this btw.

squirtleking
25th June 2006, 11:17 AM
I've decided to get things moving by just having the announcement made, to save everyone's boredom - Crystal Zephyr will still need to come to the lab to claim her pokemon, but other than that, go for it!

flygonrulz
25th June 2006, 11:25 AM
When do we see the legendarys first?

squirtleking
25th June 2006, 11:38 AM
I've already said (somewhere) that the Legendaries shall begin to appear (as partners) once most/all trainers have four badges - some may make cameo appearances beforehand, though.

Okay, what the HELL is going on here?! A Totodile effortlessly learns Water Pulse without being told what the hell the attack is, a Mudkip learns hydro pump by blasting a tree... hello? Realism appears to be flying out the window here!

Raider Phoenix
25th June 2006, 3:48 PM
I'm sorry and I edited the Water Pulse thing out of the post. Again I'm really sorry.

squirtleking
25th June 2006, 5:19 PM
Thanks for your consideration. In time, go ahead and learn whatever, but try to make it believable and realistic to your pokemon's level: for example, a lv 5 Mudkip just HAPPENING to learn hydro pump about 40 levels early!
I know that wasn't you, it's just an example.

However, if dodgy stuff like that keeps happening, I WILL close this RPG!

Tale
25th June 2006, 5:44 PM
I'm a little concerned about the speed of this RP D=. There are a few people getting right into it (no fault of theirs, of course), and heading out and capturing Pokemon and stuff, whereas there are others yet to exit the lab.

This made me wonder, does this mean there will be some people on their fourth badge while others are still in Veridian. Theres an obvious diversity among the styles of writing here, and there will of course be some people progressing further than others - will this matter in any way, or will there be some restictions?

squirtleking
25th June 2006, 9:35 PM
Not really, the people going slower will just get their Legendaries later - note that this does not mean that you should just race through it cause that would be rubbish!

Canis Lupus
30th June 2006, 6:11 PM
Now I know we are going through Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, but are we going to be able to go onto the islands? Like One Island and Two Island? Also- I won't be able to post for a while in about a week, give or take a few days.

squirtleking
1st July 2006, 2:43 PM
Watch this space...depending on the speed of this RPG, there may be time for heading south.