PDA

View Full Version : Journey Across America Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Shining Mew
23rd June 2006, 5:31 PM
EDIT/UPDATE: Going to be at the JAA finals? Post in the JAA Finals Meet-Up Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=128355) so we can figure out who's coming, and where we should all meet up. Hope to see you there! -TRJ

There are so many threads on this, so lets make it into one!

For those that dont know, JAA is basically a huge event where you can partipate in a battle tournament against other fans and download the "Top 20" pokemon including the infamous Celebi. And other various activites and entertainment of course. The event has been travelling around the U.S. as it visits cities such as Memphis.

If you have any questions about the event, heres the perfect place to ask. Trying to find which one people on the forum are going to? Ask here.

Basic info can be found on www.pokemon.com

Ill be there in July when it comes to Long Island at Roosevelt Field Mall. =)

WhiteWizard42
23rd June 2006, 5:40 PM
Does anyone know when it's coming to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood, Florida, US? or whether it's already been and gone? I live in South Florida and want to know if I already missed it or what.

Vampiric Knight
23rd June 2006, 5:47 PM
Ok, so...other than Shining Mew, who's going to Roosevelt Field in August?

Also, I have a question: how many of the top 20 Pokemon can be downloaded in each cart? Just wondering.

Shining Mew
23rd June 2006, 5:48 PM
Does anyone know when it's coming to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood, Florida, US? or whether it's already been and gone? I live in South Florida and want to know if I already missed it or what.

Miami happened awhile ago.. sorry =\

Expert Evan
23rd June 2006, 5:51 PM
I see based on the calendar the following are left:

07/01/2006 - Raleigh, NC (Saturday)
07/08/2006 - Washington, DC (Saturday)
07/12/2006 - Philadelphia, PA (Wednesday)
07/15/2006 - Boston, MA (Saturday)
07/22/2006 - New York, NY (Saturday)
07/23/2006 - Nintendo World (New York, Sunday)

I am a qualified alternate for the one in Boston so I intend to make the trip there. While New York is closer, I'd rather assure that no last-minute plans shall derail my opportunity for another pokemon towards completing my pokedex.

Charry
23rd June 2006, 5:56 PM
We don't need another thread on JAA, there are plenty, the users can just search.

Shining Mew
23rd June 2006, 6:00 PM
We don't need another thread on JAA, there are plenty, the users can just search.

There are so many threads on this, so lets make it into one!

READING FOR THE WIN! :rolleyes:

cooldude13
23rd June 2006, 6:02 PM
Who knows when JAA is coming to Philly?

Expert Evan
23rd June 2006, 6:06 PM
Who knows when JAA is coming to Philly?
Wednesday July 12, check pokemon.com for the mall location. If it were on the weekend, I could have planned to go down there.

HelicopterPilot
23rd June 2006, 6:08 PM
Darn, they aren't coming to california. Or did they already come and I missed it?

Shining Mew
23rd June 2006, 6:12 PM
Yeah they already went to Cali..

corsolakid
23rd June 2006, 6:29 PM
Ok, so...other than Shining Mew, who's going to Roosevelt Field in August?

Also, I have a question: how many of the top 20 Pokemon can be downloaded in each cart? Just wondering.

4 per cart. i believe, i went to Detroit but i only used one cart.

corsolakid ;222;

Expert Evan
23rd June 2006, 6:41 PM
Since I have 5 carts, I may have someone else get that cart with celebi at least.

Savage X
23rd June 2006, 6:45 PM
I wish I could go. But I'm pretty sure it won't be near me. :-(

Phoenix Knight Nova
23rd June 2006, 7:59 PM
I was considering going to Cincy as I live in Cleveland but unfortunatly I had too much crap going on that day, I'm prolly gonna look into going to the Philly event

PkmnTrainerJ
23rd June 2006, 10:52 PM
So, some trustworhy person wants to take my Ruby/LeafGreen to get Celebi don't they? I'd be willing to do the same for them when we get the Top 10 over here in the UK...

The Emerald King
23rd June 2006, 11:04 PM
Which ones are the top 20 poke's?

WhiteWizard42
23rd June 2006, 11:32 PM
I've heard they were:

Bulbasaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, Alakazam, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite, Typhlosion, Espeon, Umbreon, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Absol, Latias, and Latios.

Loud Black
23rd June 2006, 11:59 PM
Im not sure if those Top 20 r right...

Im suprised that the King of Prussia is on a Wed but that makes lil difference in the long run for me...

I was going to make the trip to Long Island and New York but since their back to back i guess there is no reason too...

goldfly2005
24th June 2006, 12:31 AM
stupid JAA, why cab't they make a JAC. it is so anoing. i want a celebi!canadians never get anything

rust
24th June 2006, 1:08 AM
So, some trustworhy person wants to take my Ruby/LeafGreen to get Celebi don't they? I'd be willing to do the same for them when we get the Top 10 over here in the UK...
I know. I missed my JAA (I was busy :( ) and I wish I could trust someone enough to send my cart to them.

I guess I'm doomed to be Celebi-less.

Nightcat
24th June 2006, 2:04 AM
imo Celebi is overrated.
But I will still get one! Along with Entei and Suicune.
So, anyone coming to it on July 15?

intergalactic platypus
24th June 2006, 2:27 AM
I'm going to the Boston one. So is Diljibar FYI

Nightcat
24th June 2006, 2:30 AM
Hmm... I did a search for Diljibar, but came up with nothing...
That's cool though.

~nighcat ;197;

Floating Seal
24th June 2006, 2:49 AM
I'll also be at the Roosevelt Field Mall on the 22nd! I desperately hope someone will be willing to trade a Zangoose, as it's the one monster in Hoenn I don't have. Maybe for a Kyogre or a shiny Zigzagoon? Judging from the shiny threads, everyone and their baby cousin has one of those but like I said, I'm desperate... You can PM me for the exact details if you're serious about trading.

intergalactic platypus
24th June 2006, 3:19 AM
Hmm... I did a search for Diljibar, but came up with nothing...
That's cool though.

~nighcat ;197;
I always spell his name wrong. He frequents RP if that helps. He's also part of the Aspergers Alliance. I talk to him on IM

Canyx
24th June 2006, 6:19 AM
AH!!!!!!!! It's one in the morning here in NY and the JAA for Nintendo World just won't open!!!!! WIll they open it at a specific time, like 8am or something? I want to sleep...............

Canyx
24th June 2006, 6:21 AM
The registration, that is..........

Whompithian
24th June 2006, 6:36 AM
AH!!!!!!!! It's one in the morning here in NY and the JAA for Nintendo World just won't open!!!!! WIll they open it at a specific time, like 8am or something? I want to sleep...............
Registration usually opens at 3:00 pm EST on the qualifying date. You should probalby get some sleep. You can check the official website, just to be sure:

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonchallenge/_download/pokemon_2006_official_rules.pdf

Canyx
24th June 2006, 6:40 AM
::feels stupid::
Thanks a lot! (Must........get........into.....tourny.......)

Levski
24th June 2006, 8:30 AM
Hm...
On the rules (http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonchallenge/_download/pokemon_2006_official_rules.pdf) it says that the qualifying online was on the 17th of June for New York, but I thought it was today...is this true?

water_warlord
24th June 2006, 2:44 PM
imo Celebi is overrated.

I Am, what is your name? Maybe I'll see you there!

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
24th June 2006, 3:57 PM
07/22/2006 - New York, NY (Saturday)
ITS IN CARAL PLACE, GARDEN CITY ON LONG ISLAND

Shining Mew
24th June 2006, 4:49 PM
The New York event is at Roosevelt Field Mall
And the following day its at Nintendo World.
-______________-

Im not gunna bother with the tournament itself.. I just want to go, get the downloads, and then go shop around in the rest of the mall.

Levski
24th June 2006, 8:36 PM
I just did the test, no quiz, and qualified for the Roosevelt Field Mall NY. I think the quiz for 12 and under is different from the test for 13+. All of the questions were the following: What type are Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko, Pikachu etc. Very lol-some. I'm 12 :)

Scorpion1386
24th June 2006, 10:28 PM
I qualified for the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City NY tournament earlier today. I'm going to go kick some ***! I know two other people who are going, so I'll have some competition. My one friend plans on EV training his Pokemon then using Action Replay to level up his Pokemon with rare candies to 100! I mean is that cheap or is that cheap? I'm going to have to bring Mewtwo since my friend is also planning on bringing a team of Legendaries. I also plan on downloading Celebi (althought I'd honestly rather prefer Mew) and the Top 20. I'm basically going for the tournament, meeting new people, & getting the Pokemon downloads. Anyone else here going on the 22nd besides me? If you wanna say "hey", feel free. My picture is in my MySpace link below in the sig, so you'll recognize who I am if you see me there.

Hope to see ya there.

Kabuto
24th June 2006, 10:37 PM
Woah that quiz was easy. Suspected as much. I definitely qualify for the tournament. Be prepared to be thrashed.

Scorpion1386
24th June 2006, 10:47 PM
Woah that quiz was easy. Suspected as much. I definitely qualify for the tournament. Be prepared to be thrashed.

Did you qualify for Garden City or NYC?

Kabuto
24th June 2006, 11:01 PM
The NYC one. I haven't exactly EV trained (though I probably will before the tournament) to my fullest or got the exact good natures- though I should have. But my team is still a threat to be reckoned with.

apmastersite
24th June 2006, 11:11 PM
imo Celebi is overrated.

are they just giving celebi and etc out or you have to participate and win the tournament they are hosting to get them. Celibi is the only legendary i am missing along with mew and i really need to get it. im going to the july 22nd one are Roosevelt Field.

Kabuto
24th June 2006, 11:13 PM
I have a quick question. Can I register for the Rossevelt Field Mall One also in case by any chance I can't show up for the NYC one?

Expert Evan
24th June 2006, 11:15 PM
Start at this link to take the online quiz to register:
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonchallenge/main.asp

Here's what my qualification notice for Garden City sort of looks like:

CONGRATULATIONS!
You scored high enough to be reserved a spot in the Garden City qualifier tournament!!! Your registration number is *************

Print out this page and bring it with you to the New York City on 7/22/2006 by 1:30pm to play in the tournament. Players who arrive late or do not show up are not guaranteed entry to play.

Be sure to bring the following with you when you arrive to play:

This Certificate, or your registration number
Your GameBoy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP
Your Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed or LeafGreen cartridge
Make sure your game is saved at a Pokémon Center.
Make sure the Pokémon you plan on using are in your Party
All players must read the complete tournament rules before arriving to play (official rules). Any players not abiding by these rules may be disqualified from playing in the tournament.

**/**/****

We hope to see you at the tournament! You're one step closer to the Pokémon Video Game National Championships! Good luck!

Either my hard work raising my team will work or backfire, let's see...

Scorpion1386
24th June 2006, 11:26 PM
I have a quick question. Can I register for the Rossevelt Field Mall One also in case by any chance I can't show up for the NYC one?

I believe you can, yes.

apmastersite
24th June 2006, 11:34 PM
does everybody get celebi though??

Scorpion1386
25th June 2006, 12:31 AM
does everybody get celebi though??

Yeah you can get Celebi. One per cartridge I believe though.

Which NY venue did you qualify at?

Roxas_Elric
25th June 2006, 7:52 AM
To those who have already played in the torurnament, they allow the use of all ubers?

Expert Evan
26th June 2006, 10:39 AM
From what I understand, yes.

It looks like I'll be going to the one in Boston even though I'm a qualified alternative there while am a qualified participant for the one in Long Island the following week as well. I'd rather get the celebi in all my games along with the rarest pokemon from the top 20 at least. Does anybody know if the top 20 pokemon are given selectively or random? my first choice if I had one would either be suicune, latios or latias.

Pokemaniac77
26th June 2006, 6:25 PM
could somebody post a list of the top twenty?

amulekbird
26th June 2006, 6:34 PM
EE: NO!!! They don't allow use of all pokemon. You can use any pokes except Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew and Celebi. (So, you can use MOST ubers).

Also, you get to chose which of the Top 20 you want...they aren't randomly chosen.

Expert Evan
26th June 2006, 6:40 PM
Here are the top 20:

;001; Bulbasaur
;006; Charizard
;009; Blastoise
;025; Pikachu
;065; Alakazam
;144; Articuno
;145; Zapdos
;146; Moltres
;149; Dragonite
;157; Typhlosion
;196; Espeon
;197; Umbreon
;243; Raikou
;244; Entei
;245; Suicune
;248; Tyranitar
;257; Blaziken
;359; Absol
;380; Latias
;381; Latios

I wonder how many from them I can choose at least. Among the ubers I am considering are mewtwo, kyogre & groudon.

Pokemaniac77
26th June 2006, 6:43 PM
thanks, but do you also have a list of the uber pokemon you can choose?

Levski
26th June 2006, 7:03 PM
You CANNOT use: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys and Wobb @ Leftovers.

Roxas_Elric
26th June 2006, 8:11 PM
what's that and Wobb @ leftovers?

Akayfortyseven
26th June 2006, 9:26 PM
I would probably use shell bell as an alternative to leftovers then... if i could go >_<

Pokemaniac77
26th June 2006, 9:48 PM
but with shell bell you have to do damage. thats really hard considering wobb only gets 4 moves unless bred. Even then im not sure if it gets attacks.

Roxas_Elric
26th June 2006, 10:37 PM
what you are telling me is that I cannot use a wobbuffet and also no pokemon with leftovers attached?

Trace360
26th June 2006, 10:52 PM
He said you can't use Wobbuffet with leftovers, but you can put on another Pokemon.

Levski
27th June 2006, 12:27 PM
You can use a Wobbufet, but only if it isn't holding Leftovers.

Pikachu
27th June 2006, 2:30 PM
Ill be going to both Long Island AND NYC.

Xeroxes
27th June 2006, 3:55 PM
I'm very excited about this! I'm going to the Washington D.C. one though the mall is really in Maryland. (I think) It's only a 12 minute drive from my apartment!

water_warlord
27th June 2006, 4:41 PM
Do 12 year-olds or younger take the quiz or not

Levski
27th June 2006, 5:52 PM
Yes, they take it. The questions are unbelievably easy though.

water_warlord
27th June 2006, 8:41 PM
thanks, my friend, his birthday is in August, so he had to get permission, but it was too late, so me and my other friend are going to help him in the second qualifying quiz

ArrEmmDee
27th June 2006, 9:58 PM
I can easily imagine someone going all the way to the top with Brightpowder and Double Teaming mon if Wobbuffet with Leftovers and the Nintendo Special events Pokémon are the only formal restrictions.

Anyway, has anyone heard anything about anyone getting a shiny Celebi from JAA yet? I'm sure they've given out at least 8000 by now, so if we haven't seen anything yet, we just missed it, the USA as a whole is very unlucky, or it's set up to be impossible? :(

NinjaKoriku
27th June 2006, 11:15 PM
I wonder if someone would take my cartridge for me...and then give it back.
-_-

Pokemaniac77
28th June 2006, 12:20 AM
I had a question, having not been to JAA myself. Are there any money fees to participate in events, such as the tournament or any other events?

Whompithian
28th June 2006, 2:14 AM
I had a question, having not been to JAA myself. Are there any money fees to participate in events, such as the tournament or any other events?
All of the events and activities are free of charge. If you feel like spending some cash, they will probably have the Pokemon Center kiosk available for you to buy some Pokemon merchandise.

TRJessie579
28th June 2006, 2:43 AM
Man, am sick for a few days and I miss a whole thread. O_o

I'll be at the DC one, and hopefully will be able to make it to the finals in NYC--I won't be playing in either one, I just didn't have the time or energy to put a team together, but I'm going to the former to get Celebi, etc, and to the latter to hopefully meet some Serebii people. XD

You will hopefully notice me by my shirt--it'll be a white t-shirt, with a big red Team Rocket "R" on the front, and my username on the back.

EDIT: Also, does anyone have the date/location of the finals in NYC? I'm assuming it will be posted on pokemon.com after the last of the JAAs, but I'm also assuming the winners know the info already... >>;;

Expert Evan
28th June 2006, 4:17 AM
I'm looking forward to what I'll see when I attend the one in Boston in just a little over 2 weeks. I think a few in this thread mentioned they'd attend this one. So long as I can get celebi along with good fortune with the top 20 I should be satisfied. I'll give the video tournament a shot but hope to just have fun at least.

Pokemaniac77
28th June 2006, 6:15 PM
are the downloadable pokemon the top twenty plus celebi, or are there more?

Levski
28th June 2006, 6:51 PM
The twenty are:

Bulbasaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Pikachu
Alakazam
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite
Typhlosion
Espeon
Umbreon
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Tyranitar
Blaziken
Absol
Latias
Latios

Celebi isn't in the top twenty. It's seperate.

Pokemaniac77
28th June 2006, 6:57 PM
i meant the downloadable pokemon. Is the top twenty plus celebi the only downloadable pokemon?

DayWalker
28th June 2006, 8:25 PM
no i think those are the only ones. anyway about these events doesnt anyone feel a little embarrassed to go to these things? they seem like theres only little kids there with their parents from the looks of the pictures. im not saying that pokemon is childish but alot of little kids like it and it looks thats the majority of the people that go to these things. either way ill be at the one in long island hopefully. see you there.

amulekbird
28th June 2006, 8:42 PM
My experience was that there were about two times as many kids but there were a lot of teens and older (not just parents of the kids).

DayWalker
28th June 2006, 9:04 PM
cool sounds like fun

Expert Evan
28th June 2006, 9:32 PM
Here are some of the things I wonder about before going to Boston in a little over 2 weeks:

1. What is the limit as to what we can download from the Top 20 outside of celebi?

2. What are the chances that an alternate qualifier for the video tournament can participate? I am also a qualified participant at Long Island but if I go to Boston, I may skip Long Island, so one lucky alternate could take my place there.

3. Being this is my first Nintendo event I'll ever attend, I wonder what are the chances I might be able to get any other mystery gifts or even a deoxys?

If I saw this thread correctly, I noticed nightcat will also be in Boston, wonder whom else...

Pokemaniac77
28th June 2006, 9:47 PM
i was wondering, is anyone going to the philadelphia event on july12?

amulekbird
29th June 2006, 3:33 AM
EE,

1. You can download as many of the top 20 as you want (I think I got 30-ish total)

2. I was an alternate qualifier. I played. I even won a couple matches before I lost to the second place finisher.

3. You'll only get deoxys if you find someone with it. Good luck. I had to go to Houston to get my Deoxii (6 of them...maybe you can have one when wifi comes o.O)

Expert Evan
29th June 2006, 4:53 PM
Interesting we can get all 20 though I might only care about 8 of them at least.

I was also wondering if we are set with the same 6 in party for the video tournament or can we switch which pokemon we can use before the next battle.

Baburu Zenigame
29th June 2006, 5:13 PM
I went to the California one( LA), though I haven't particapated in the tournament.

No, I guess swiching isn't aloud. Then I guess it would make the whole tournament confusing and unfair.

o.O;007;

amulekbird
29th June 2006, 5:50 PM
I didn't notice anything against switching your team. I imagine some people did it. I can't imagine why that would be a problem.

Pokemaniac77
29th June 2006, 6:36 PM
could someone tell me the lvl of the downloaded pokemon when you get them?

Baburu Zenigame
29th June 2006, 7:22 PM
Lv 70 each. Celebi is Lv 70 too.

Oh just to mention, you are aloud to download Celebis up to 4 different games...If it wasn't mentioned before. If it was my apologies.

o.O;007;

Pokemaniac77
29th June 2006, 7:25 PM
cool, lvl 70, but who wants a lvl 70 bulbasaur?(wierd..)

Expert Evan
29th June 2006, 7:27 PM
Since I expect to bring at least 6 cartridges, and maybe more. I intend to split up with a family member so we can each download celebi and many others to each of the games. I hope that is at least allowed.

Levski
29th June 2006, 8:08 PM
I plan on doing the same too. I'll bring 5 or 6 games, depending on whether a friend gives me one of his cartridges. I also have a fake game. Does anyone know if it is possible to get Celebi and the Top Twenty on a fake cartridge?

amulekbird
29th June 2006, 8:21 PM
I brought six cartridges. They let me get Celebi all by myself on all of them. Maybe they've changed their policy or something.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
29th June 2006, 8:43 PM
does any one need a lv 5 charmander cAuse i have 27 and going to the long island garden city new york one.

check siggy 4 more details. i have males and females

Expert Evan
29th June 2006, 8:53 PM
At Boston, I will also be bringing with me some L5 chikoritas and totodiles from my recent breedings. If anyone has any other non-legendary requests, please let me know and I may work something out with you.

AkariKanzaki
1st July 2006, 4:51 PM
At Boston, I will also be bringing with me some L5 chikoritas and totodiles from my recent breedings.

I plan to do that too, but for the "DC" location (I quote DC because it's really in Bethesda MD, not DC). If anyone has any requests, please let me know soon as it's only a week away. I'm mostly looking for a Feebas, but I'd love a Deoxys if I can manage it.

I also have Pokemon Box, so if anyone wants those Pokemon, that's fine too.

Edit: Oh yeah, I can also trade a Pokemon that has Pokerus on it. Considering that's highly sought out by the EV trainers and it's extremely rare, this is probably a worthwhile thing for people. I'll spread it around to something random, like some Zigzagoons or Magikarps, I think.

Kabuto
1st July 2006, 4:58 PM
Level 70 celebi. Wow, I thought It'd be level 5. That makes things alot easier. I have one question. Since I plan to enter the tournament (13 and older), what time will I able to download my Celebi?

On a side note, I will be able to trade Feebas' to anyone that wants one.

Expert Evan
1st July 2006, 8:40 PM
I shall also bring some feebas along as well.

I was wondering how long it takes to download each or all the available pokemon so I can plan ahead.

1st July 2006, 8:44 PM
cool, lvl 70, but who wants a lvl 70 bulbasaur?(wierd..)
I got te bulbasaur. It has great attacks. Pikachu is good is well becauseof attacks and light ball.

corsolakid
1st July 2006, 8:57 PM
I shall also bring some feebas along as well.

I was wondering how long it takes to download each or all the available pokemon so I can plan ahead.

the download itsself is actually pretty quick, it's the line that takes forever. man, it took like a half hour to get through the line. but it IS worth it, i now am WAY closer to completing my dex 'cause of it. i don't have to worry about getting a cyndaquil 'cause i bred a typhlosion and got one. yay! now i just need chickorita... time to beat my XD!

corsolakid ;222;

Pokemaniac77
1st July 2006, 8:58 PM
yea, i have the same question, i'm gonna be in the tournament as a participant in the 12 and under group, so what time would it be possible to download pokemon?

corsolakid
1st July 2006, 9:00 PM
they'll be downloading the entire time. they might close the line tho just so they aren't there for hours after it ends. i picked suicune, Dragonite, Entei (dex reasons), and typhlosion (dex reasons). but really, it's all a matter of opinion. and for the line, i suggest bringing a wireless connecter and going in the union room and battle someone, that's what i did, it helped pass the time... alot.

corsolakid ;222;

Pokemaniac77
1st July 2006, 9:05 PM
they'll be downloading the entire time. they might close the line tho just so they aren't there for hours after it ends. i picked suicune, Dragonite, Entei (dex reasons), and typhlosion (dex reasons). but really, it's all a matter of opinion. and for the line, i suggest bringing a wireless connecter and going in the union room and battle someone, that's what i did, it helped pass the time... alot.

corsolakid ;222;
Would they close the line before participants of the tournament get a chance to download? cause if you get into the last battle in the tournament, that could take a while, im worried that they'll close the line before i can get my pokemon.

1st July 2006, 9:10 PM
No, they won't. The line dosen't take to long if you battle. I had a multi battkle with a partner and whooped the opponent, one 1 o 1 in a rmatch, and my Kyogre beat an 18year old's Lanturn.

corsolakid
1st July 2006, 9:10 PM
well, you're in the 12 and under so you'll definetly have time. remember, they still have the 13 and up compitition to do, you'll be fine. go and compete and when you're done you can go and download. you'll have time, don't worry about it. they do the age groups at different times, if that's what you're worried about, 12 and under first, then 13 and up.

corsolakid ;222;

EDIT: w00t! rank change!

Naraku_Diabolos
1st July 2006, 9:41 PM
I just came back from the JAA an hour and a half ago. Man, I didn't realize that there were actual BABES (hot ones too!! :D) doing the Celebi downloads. I was going to say, "Hey, stop playing with that D-Pad and have a go at my joystick." XD

Erhm, I got 3 Celebi from downloading. You just need a stamp in order to download Pokémon. That's what the lines are for - stamps. I showed all these little kids my Shining Milotic and they were all fussing at what I had. I also showed them my Deoxys, Lugia, Ho-oh and Mew (all legits - used Island Warp codes and obtained them at their destined areas; Navel Rock, Birth Island, Faraway Island...).

One of the reps looked at my sharked Pokémon (not knowing they were since they were obtained in their original areas) and said they were fine for the tournaments and seeing that they were 'officially obtained' (only looked at Lugia and Ho-oh; said those two were fine). I came in 5th place -_- Beaten by a 14 year old...wtf and I'm 18.

sander2505
1st July 2006, 11:39 PM
but what attacks did the top twenty pokemon and celebi had?

Expert Evan
1st July 2006, 11:53 PM
I just came back from the JAA an hour and a half ago. Man, I didn't realize that there were actual BABES (hot ones too!! :D) doing the Celebi downloads. I was going to say, "Hey, stop playing with that D-Pad and have a go at my joystick." XD

Erhm, I got 3 Celebi from downloading. You just need a stamp in order to download Pokémon. That's what the lines are for - stamps. I showed all these little kids my Shining Milotic and they were all fussing at what I had. I also showed them my Deoxys, Lugia, Ho-oh and Mew (all legits - used Island Warp codes and obtained them at their destined areas; Navel Rock, Birth Island, Faraway Island...).

One of the reps looked at my sharked Pokémon (not knowing they were since they were obtained in their original areas) and said they were fine for the tournaments and seeing that they were 'officially obtained' (only looked at Lugia and Ho-oh; said those two were fine). I came in 5th place -_- Beaten by a 14 year old...wtf and I'm 18.
Sounds like you had a great day anyways. I would think I should be able to get a celebi and the top 20 so long as I have room for them.

Do they ask which ones I want?

Pokemaniac77
2nd July 2006, 1:17 AM
could someone or anyone give there opinion on this type of team for the tournament? a mixed sweeper
tank
physical sweeper
special sweeper
(i wont say exactly which pokemon, but just a outline suggestion?)

FunchmasterFlex
2nd July 2006, 1:24 AM
I have lots of questions! Hopefully I can get some answers, I want to be ready for Roosevelt Field. Ok, first question, is there an admission fee? I'm guessing there's not, but I want to know ahead of time, so I don't go all the way there for nothing. Also, When you get the top 20 Pokemon, are you allowed to pick one more than once? Finally, lets say I go into the union room while standing in line, and I battle a trainer with a hacked game. Does it negatively affect my game in any way? Well, that's all for now, so any answers are grately appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Whompithian
2nd July 2006, 1:38 AM
I have lots of questions! Hopefully I can get some answers, I want to be ready for Roosevelt Field. Ok, first question, is there an admission fee? I'm guessing there's not, but I want to know ahead of time, so I don't go all the way there for nothing. Also, When you get the top 20 Pokemon, are you allowed to pick one more than once? Finally, lets say I go into the union room while standing in line, and I battle a trainer with a hacked game. Does it negatively affect my game in any way? Well, that's all for now, so any answers are grately appreciated. Thanks in advance!
There is no admission fee.

You can definitely get multiples if you have different game carts with you. I think you can download multiples onto the same cart, too, but I didn't try it.

Battling a hacked game won't adversely affect your game, but trading with one might.

Pokemaniac77
2nd July 2006, 1:38 AM
No, there aren't admission fees.
I don't know, but why do you want 2 of one pokemon?
Your game won't be affected, id your worried then don't link with anyone.

Freakshow
2nd July 2006, 2:00 AM
No, there aren't admission fees.
I don't know, but why do you want 2 of one pokemon?
Your game won't be affected, id your worried then don't link with anyone.
To get a good nature for battling
Someone got 12 Celebis on one cart. He continously went back in line. After getting 4 IIRC, the lady got mad and threatens to call the boss. The guy (FiveKRunner IIRC) just boldly said "Go ahead". So the lady called the boss. The boss came and said he could have as many Celebis as he wants.
I can't wait for next week. July the 8th, here I come.
And I still don't get what's with the Celebi line and the battling thingy.

Scorpion1386
2nd July 2006, 2:20 AM
Someone in this thread brought up a very good point: hackers. I wonder how many of them will be at the Roosevelt Field Mall Tour that I'm going to? I hope that it's not a lot...

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
2nd July 2006, 3:44 AM
are they gonna be sellin stuff @ the roosevelt field one?

pokemaniac777
2nd July 2006, 4:57 AM
When I was at then Journey Across America in May, there were a few kids going up and down the lines, offering to trade Jirachis for shinies. I had 3 shinies on my Emerald game, so I got 2 Jirachis, one of which had a Ganlon Berry!

Kabuto
2nd July 2006, 7:02 PM
I know this sounds like a stupid question but Celebi will be given at the Nintendo World one on 7/23 right? I'm double checking because i see that day missing on alot of lists.

♪Crystal Mew♪
2nd July 2006, 7:27 PM
I got deoxys at my JAA (detroit)

I also got all the top twenty and got about 38 celebis... (I had around 10 carts from everyone I knew and went through the line about 4 times (licked off the stamp (lol)))

I had a pretty good time... I hope they do more things like this

Kabuto
2nd July 2006, 8:01 PM
How did you get a Deoxys at JAA?

AngelMayLaugh
2nd July 2006, 11:12 PM
Is anyone going to the King of Prussia JAA?

FunchmasterFlex
2nd July 2006, 11:25 PM
What's this stamp I'm hearing about? Are you not allowed to go in line more than once or something dumb like that?

Pokemaniac77
2nd July 2006, 11:47 PM
Is anyone going to the King of Prussia JAA?
I am! :D maybe ill see you...

AngelMayLaugh
2nd July 2006, 11:52 PM

I'm glad to see someone else is going.

AkariKanzaki
3rd July 2006, 12:07 AM
To get a good nature for battling
Someone got 12 Celebis on one cart. He continously went back in line. After getting 4 IIRC, the lady got mad and threatens to call the boss. The guy (FiveKRunner IIRC) just boldly said "Go ahead". So the lady called the boss. The boss came and said he could have as many Celebis as he wants.
I can't wait for next week. July the 8th, here I come.
And I still don't get what's with the Celebi line and the battling thingy.

Really, I don't think Nintendo should limit people if they're willing to spend their time getting in line over and over. They already made it so we can't catch Celebi in-game and are forcing us to go to this Nintendo event to get one. I think it's reasonable that someone should be allowed to get as many as they want (providing they follow the rules and get in line) and give them to friends and such.

I wonder how likely it'll be for me to find someone who will trade me a Deoxys and/or a Feebas...

Shift
3rd July 2006, 12:13 AM
When I was at then Journey Across America in May, there were a few kids going up and down the lines, offering to trade Jirachis for shinies. I had 3 shinies on my Emerald game, so I got 2 Jirachis, one of which had a Ganlon Berry!
I think thatw as a bad deal; they obviously used the Colo. pre-order bonus disk to get their Jirachis. It would have been better to keep the shinies and buy the disk online, although it only works with Ru/Sa.

TRJessie579
3rd July 2006, 3:02 AM

You don't, unless you can find someone that will actually trade one to you. The ONLY special Pokemon like that that you can obtain there is Celebi. They don't have the Aurora or Mystic Tickets available.

Buizeru
3rd July 2006, 4:17 AM
Is anyone else going to Boston on the 15th? If you are, it'd be great if you PMed me.

~Buizeru~

Advanced trainer Kai
3rd July 2006, 6:12 AM
;384; well if you're in the 15 and up divison watch out for me, there is nothing my team cant handle
:025ball:

maybe i can meet you there

zeroality
3rd July 2006, 9:04 AM
Did anybody here get in via the online qualifier?

Charry
3rd July 2006, 9:07 AM
I'm a damn alternate so I'm not sure if I'll even get to compete.*cries* I just want my dream to come true! Is it so hard god?!

But I'm going on the 15th, and I KNOW if i get to compete, I will win hands down, no one can take me.

Expert Evan
3rd July 2006, 10:21 AM
Looks like I'll be in for some tough competition on the 15th as I hope we don't all face each other in the first round.

Nightcat
3rd July 2006, 1:16 PM
Is anyone else going to Boston on the 15th? If you are, it'd be great if you PMed me.

~Buizeru~

I am. But not in the tournament.
Are you allowed to just battle people at will if you're not in the tournament?

~Nightcat ;197;

Expert Evan
3rd July 2006, 3:01 PM
I am. But not in the tournament.
Are you allowed to just battle people at will if you're not in the tournament?

~Nightcat ;197;
I am sure there will be lots in the union room to battle with. I've made my plans already to be in Boston area on the 15th so I wonder whom I'll get to see there. This should be quite an exciting experience at least.

Charry
3rd July 2006, 5:18 PM
I'll wear a hat, and write Charry of SPPF on it to be noticed.

Advanced trainer Kai
3rd July 2006, 6:48 PM
I did but barely
, I'm in the competition automatically

Did anybody here get in via the online qualifier?

jordman
3rd July 2006, 7:13 PM
i wish they came to canada......

♪Crystal Mew♪
3rd July 2006, 7:53 PM
when I went I was suprised that noone was in the union room...

there were about 3 people who were actually in it and none of them wanted to chat or battle or trade...

EDIT:

They accidently gave it to me...
It had the ID SPACE C so I am guessing it was going to be given out at the space center... I got it in the celebi line

Dan the Hedgehog
3rd July 2006, 8:28 PM
i went to the one in cincinatti mills. i got in the top 8 in the tournament (lost by 1 attack!!!) i never got through the top 20 download line, it was at least 2 hours long. but i did get a celebi. i would've downloaded them onto all 3 of my game, had my dumb friend cameron told me i could...i haven't played with him since then...

Shockwave
3rd July 2006, 8:55 PM
Anyone who has been, do they have Pokemon box at the kiosk?

And did anybody get a shiny from the top 20?

Juice
3rd July 2006, 9:48 PM
ill be at the new york one and with the team i have i dare anyone to challenge me.

Naraku_Diabolos
4th July 2006, 12:10 AM
Anyone who has been, do they have Pokemon box at the kiosk?

Sadly, no. Pokemon Box is discontinued. A Nintendo Rep told me over an email I sent last year...

Okay, you guys want to know how the tournament is set up? All the qualified people to enter the tournament are given blue Pokemon shirts for the JAA tournament of 2006. They have booths set up with Pokemon XD and you are selected to go against people. You use your OWN Pokemon, however, but people are randomly chosen to go against one another, like the anime and like SSBM. After the final winner is there, they are told when the finals are taking place in NYC. Out of those finalists, the Pokemon JAA Champion is chosen in NYC.

Dan the Hedgehog
4th July 2006, 12:38 AM
the first round is always the easiest, because normally your opponet has like lv 80 pokemon for whatever reason. (my friend cameron was watching another screen, and after the battle he told me one of those kids had lv 30 pokemon!!!)

Expert Evan
4th July 2006, 1:25 AM
"Seeing is believing" that's what I usually say. Good thing I got Pokemon Box a few years ago while it was available as I wonder what it'll be like when Diamond/Pearl comes out. Box is the easiest way to transport pokemon around as well as finding pokemon with specific stats and whether or not it is shiny.

AngelMayLaugh
4th July 2006, 1:49 AM
the first round is always the easiest, because normally your opponet has like lv 80 pokemon for whatever reason. (my friend cameron was watching another screen, and after the battle he told me one of those kids had lv 30 pokemon!!!)

Actually the pairing is random

"Seeing is believing" that's what I usually say. Good thing I got Pokemon Box a few years ago while it was available as I wonder what it'll be like when Diamond/Pearl comes out. Box is the easiest way to transport pokemon around as well as finding pokemon with specific stats and whether or not it is shiny.

Beleive me, They'll make some gimmick like this for the Wii, and guess what? It'll be Wireless.

mewsbuddy
4th July 2006, 3:07 AM
is anyone going to the washington d.c one

Advanced trainer Kai
4th July 2006, 4:45 AM
alrighty , I get a free shirt

what about the prizes for peopke in the top 8

Sadly, no. Pokemon Box is discontinued. A Nintendo Rep told me over an email I sent last year...

Okay, you guys want to know how the tournament is set up? All the qualified people to enter the tournament are given blue Pokemon shirts for the JAA tournament of 2006. They have booths set up with Pokemon XD and you are selected to go against people. You use your OWN Pokemon, however, but people are randomly chosen to go against one another, like the anime and like SSBM. After the final winner is there, they are told when the finals are taking place in NYC. Out of those finalists, the Pokemon JAA Champion is chosen in NYC.

pokefan1996
4th July 2006, 4:56 AM
I WENT!!!! to the one in NC Raghie ( Shut up ) WOOT!!! i beat 3 people in torment then got token out... sooo sad.... but i did get 2 ceibis 4 other pokemon too... and................... Shniy ceibi on leaf green!!!!!!!!about a millon one leaf green ...

Revenant
4th July 2006, 2:41 PM
I'll be at the JAA tournament in Roosevelt Field Mall. Me and three other friends are all attending.

Pokemaniac77
4th July 2006, 3:41 PM
I WENT!!!! to the one in NC Raghie ( Shut up ) WOOT!!! i beat 3 people in torment then got token out... sooo sad.... but i did get 2 ceibis 4 other pokemon too... and................... Shniy ceibi on leaf green!!!!!!!!
post some pics! we want to see your celebi.8D man, i didn't think it was possible....

FunchmasterFlex
4th July 2006, 3:46 PM
Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere, but is the format Single Elimination or Swiss?

amulekbird
4th July 2006, 4:35 PM
Single Elimination.

AkariKanzaki
4th July 2006, 9:36 PM
is anyone going to the washington d.c one

I am but I'm not really up for battling as I don't have a good team ready. I can trade though.

♪Crystal Mew♪
4th July 2006, 9:48 PM
yeah the battling isn't necesary... otherwise there would be only 64 people there...

wizardm15
4th July 2006, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know or they are going to do this events in europe to?
I hate it when only people who live in America get the great stuff.

♪Crystal Mew♪
4th July 2006, 11:20 PM
They are probably not going to do this for Europe...

sux living in holland doesn't it...

Trainer Rachel
4th July 2006, 11:40 PM
I went to the Raleigh one and had an awesome time. It was so much fun... and I got a Pikachu puppet (along with Lucario pokedoll) which I love to death XD

I was in the 13+ tourney and ended up losing in the third round to Joshua Aiken who went on to become the champ. Man, lemme tell you he is AMAZING at predicting opponent's moves. I was seriously shocked... but anyhoo, congrats to him for winning the whole thing! It's kind of funny that both me and my friend (in the 12 and under tournament) both lost to the eventual winner.

Anyways, isn't Josh a member here? I heard he was, at least...

Revenant
5th July 2006, 12:12 AM
Does anyone that's going to the Roosevelt Field event have a spare Deoxys/Lugia that they'd be willing to trade? I missed the events for those tickets and was wondering if maybe someone who didn't wouldn't mind trading one of theirs.

Charry
5th July 2006, 1:44 AM
yeah the battling isn't necesary... otherwise there would be only 64 people there...
128, 64 people per age group.

Charry
5th July 2006, 1:48 AM
post some pics! we want to see your celebi.8D man, i didn't think it was possible....
It is possible to get a shiny Celebi, and pokemon you download has achance to be shiny

mewsbuddy
5th July 2006, 2:13 AM
would I get kicked out if I did a small cheat in my leafgreen and emerald but then newgamed both of them? (not entering a tournament)

♪Crystal Mew♪
5th July 2006, 2:19 AM
I don't think you would get kicked out...

I don't think that you would be able to enter the tournament

the devices that load pokemon don't search your game to my knowledge... as I had a cheated mew on one of them that my friend gave to me

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 3:36 AM
Does anyone that's going to the Roosevelt Field event have a spare Deoxys/Lugia that they'd be willing to trade? I missed the events for those tickets and was wondering if maybe someone who didn't wouldn't mind trading one of theirs.
do you use cheat devices

♪Crystal Mew♪
5th July 2006, 3:40 AM
He obviously does not use cheating devices... why would he be asking if someone had a spare legitimate deoxys or lugia...

for experimental purposese will someone when they go to JAA ask the people behind the celebi counter if there was an option for deoxys... if they ask tell them that you heard that they were supposed to give you deoxys...

I have a hunch that there is an option on their celebi things and that is why they accidently gave me a deoxys

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 3:45 AM
yeah good point. revant do you have a ho-oh cause i have a deoxys

Revenant
5th July 2006, 4:01 AM
I do happen to have Ho-Oh, but only one and I'd rather not trade it since I worked so hard to get it from Colosseum.

amulekbird
5th July 2006, 4:42 AM
Crystal Mew, they have the option to give you deoxys. They're also given STRICT instructions not to. I talked with them about it. Since most of the people running the booth have never touched pokemon games before, they tell them that if they give out deoxys it will mess up people's games!!! It works to scare them into not doing it. I lost that battle so I went to Houston and got 5 deoxys from there.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 5:01 AM
I do happen to have Ho-Oh, but only one and I'd rather not trade it since I worked so hard to get it from Colosseum.
well can i have the data for my dex?

Revenant
5th July 2006, 5:03 AM
Hmm, yeah, perhaps we could work something out. Do you need a Jirachi? I have an extra one of those.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 5:09 AM
no cause i have 2 jirachi's just got today actually my friend doesnt play the games anymore and i downloaded them to his r+s and traded them to my emerald, and also i have 2 deoxys mine from fr and his from lg we got @ pokemon center.

Advanced trainer Kai
5th July 2006, 5:15 AM
question is using ethers on your pkmn to increase pp against their rules?

Whompithian
5th July 2006, 8:07 AM
question is using ethers on your pkmn to increase pp against their rules?
You can't use Items during a linked battle. It just isn't possible within the game. If you mean using PP Ups to increase the overall PP for moves, that's perfectly legal.

ProtoManEXE88
5th July 2006, 1:43 PM
I too am going to the one in Boston on the 15th. My team is nowhere near ready XD, I procrastinate way too much.

I might not be able to get there until 12:30-1 now though -_- I don't feel like standing in line for an hour to get a Celebi... and I want to get a Lucario plushie as well.

:'(

And yeah, I'm competing in the 13+ tourney... and everyone should mention they're from Serebii as well when competing.

FunchmasterFlex
5th July 2006, 2:09 PM
Crystal Mew, they have the option to give you deoxys. They're also given STRICT instructions not to. I talked with them about it. Since most of the people running the booth have never touched pokemon games before, they tell them that if they give out deoxys it will mess up people's games!!! It works to scare them into not doing it. I lost that battle so I went to Houston and got 5 deoxys from there.
Now, I'm assuming when you say you got 5, it means they gave it to you directly rather than the ticket itself, but how did you convince them to give you Deoxys?

Revenant
5th July 2006, 2:11 PM
The Houston event was giving away Deoxys because of the whole Space Center theme, it probably didn't take much convincing.

ProtoManEXE88
5th July 2006, 2:27 PM
I have 3 legit Jirachi as well, which I'm willing to trade, from the Colosseum bonus disk. I also have multiple copies of the Shiny Zigzagoon from the Gamestop demo disk, TONS of GSC, RBY, RSE starters as well, all breed.

Nightcat
5th July 2006, 2:39 PM
I have 3 legit Jirachi as well, which I'm willing to trade, from the Colosseum bonus disk.

I'd take them!
How many celebis is it possible to get on one cart?

~Nightcat ;197;

Revenant
5th July 2006, 2:40 PM
Apparently, as many as you can get them to give you. You just have to get on the line again each time.

Expert Evan
5th July 2006, 2:53 PM
I'm an alternate at Boston and a participant for Long Island, but I only plan on going to Boston on the 15th. Not sure what my chances of being a participant in the 13+ group are. It'll be nice if I can get a deoxys, liechi berry or anything else I don't yet have so long as it is legit.

mewsbuddy
5th July 2006, 3:14 PM
I have 3 legit Jirachi as well, which I'm willing to trade, from the Colosseum bonus disk. I also have multiple copies of the Shiny Zigzagoon from the Gamestop demo disk, TONS of GSC, RBY, RSE starters as well, all breed.
id like one please would you like to arrange a trade? :D how bout an lugia I have two from xd.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 4:11 PM
o i need that lugia i have all real legit stuff 2 jirachis, deoxys, and 2 master balls.

Vampiric Knight
5th July 2006, 4:16 PM
o i need that lugia i have all real legit stuff 2 jirachis, deoxys, and 2 master balls.
I could get another Lugia for you to have (that is, if you're going to Roosevelt field).

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 4:18 PM
i am, is it real

Vampiric Knight
5th July 2006, 4:20 PM
i am, is it real
I have XD. Beat it in less than a week, and I could do it again.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 4:32 PM
sweetness now i just need ho-oh

Revenant
5th July 2006, 4:40 PM
How many Lugia's do you have Vampiric Knight? I'm in need of one as well, although, all I really have that you may have any interest in is a Jirachi.

And MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU, you say you just want Ho-Oh's data, does that mean we'll trade and then trade back? And what would you want for me to keep the Deoxys?

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 4:47 PM
lugia or ho-oh or shiniy(depends)

Expert Evan
5th July 2006, 4:52 PM
If anyone going to Boston wants a Level 70 ho-oh with gentle nature, I will be bringing one along.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 4:56 PM
I Can Get Almost Any Awsome Pokemon Bred And Hatched And Can Trade Almost Any Legandary For Who Ever Needs So Far Wants Are

Charmander Female
Jirachi
Deoxys

mewsbuddy
5th July 2006, 5:41 PM
ill give you lugia for deoxys. :D

5th July 2006, 5:44 PM
I hate what they did. All the spots for the Second chance online quiz are gone, and they never sent an E-mail. They suck at this.
July's star is Groudon!
I can get movesets for a few Pokemon you can receive their if people want me too.

AngelMayLaugh
5th July 2006, 7:02 PM
Does any one have all/most of the starters and is going to the Philadelphia/King of Prussia event?

Pokemaniac77
5th July 2006, 7:05 PM
me, i have chikorita, all R/S/E, charmander, squirtle, bulbasaur. what do you need?

AngelMayLaugh
5th July 2006, 7:43 PM
I need the R/S/E starters for my dex. I don't need the Kanto Starters, but if you have spare chikoritas I'd be more than happy to take one off your hands.

Expert Evan
5th July 2006, 7:50 PM
I will also be bringing bold feebas that know at least surf, ice beam & hypnosis to Boston.

Charry
5th July 2006, 8:22 PM
I am looking a Deoxys.

I really want a Deoxys, and I will trade 2 Feebases and Jirachi for one.(+ any other pokemon you want besides Mew Chimecho, or Raikou)

PM me if willing

XIII Axel
5th July 2006, 8:51 PM
I just got a JAA Celebi from one of my friends who went to the SLC, UT Fassion Place Mall JAA event. Apparently it's hidden power is Grass (Power: 70), and it has near perfect stats.

Yes it's legit, otherwise collesium and XD wouldnt have allowed me to register it.

Vampiric Knight
5th July 2006, 9:12 PM
How many Lugia's do you have Vampiric Knight? I'm in need of one as well, although, all I really have that you may have any interest in is a Jirachi.
One so far. And I have the Colosseum bonus disc, so getting Jirachi isn't that much of a hassle. Sorry, dude.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU: I'll maybe try to get an Adamant or Modest Lugia for a Deoxys.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
5th July 2006, 9:48 PM
ok wat lv????

Buizeru
5th July 2006, 10:21 PM
I will also be bringing bold feebas that know at least surf, ice beam & hypnosis to Boston.
Awesome, I'll trade you something nice for it, like a shiny.

~Buizeru~

AkariKanzaki
5th July 2006, 11:32 PM

The reason I didn't get a Deoxys last year is the closest they came on the tour was NY and that's several hours drive away.

I'll attempt to convince them to give me a Deoxys at the DC location with the expectation that I probably will NOT get one.

mewsbuddy
5th July 2006, 11:48 PM
If anyones going to the washington D.C JAA EVENT and wants a lugia for something really good PM me :D

ProtoManEXE88
6th July 2006, 2:10 AM
I forgot to mention my Feebas... I have like 30 XD, breed and caught.

And for my Jirachi, I'm hoping to get some sort of a shiny or something, considering I have access to every Pokemon except Mew and Deoxys right now.

Advanced trainer Kai
6th July 2006, 5:15 AM
anyone thats going to kop/philly that has a spare feebas,blissey, lugia/ho-oh, or scizors

Charry
6th July 2006, 5:18 AM
If the officials say they aren't going to give you a Deoxys threaten to yell that they have Deoxys, and the Celebi line will flutter with like 200 people, and the officials will get introuble. It will work.
Official:Ok give me your game and I will upload Celebi.
Me:Can I have a Deoxys too?
Official:We aren't giving away Deoxys, sorry.
Me:*lean in real close* Ok, I know you have Deoxys, I am not stupid, now, load a Deoxys into my game pak please, or I will blurt out your secret, very loud.
Official: OKAY!
(made-up speculation)

AngelMayLaugh
6th July 2006, 5:20 AM
I'm going to the King of Prussia event, but I don't even have a game yet.

Blues
6th July 2006, 6:43 AM
I'll be going to the Washington DC one, since it's only about a half-hour train ride there. I won't be able to enter the tournament, though, or get Celebi, as I sharked my Emerald (I'm pretty sure you can't get it if it's sharked, right?). But, I will battle if anyone wants, or something (I didn't make my pokes uberriffic strong, I just used it for tickets).

Advanced trainer Kai
6th July 2006, 7:00 AM
do you want a game/ i'm thinking of giving my saphire away

I'm going to the King of Prussia event, but I don't even have a game yet.

Beorn
6th July 2006, 7:11 AM
Do the download things work on games from other countries? I would like it if I could send my game to someone trustworthy going to the New York event to get them loaded on, and sent back to me?

AngelMayLaugh
6th July 2006, 7:13 AM

No thank you, if things work out I may get Emerald before the 12th.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
6th July 2006, 2:07 PM
If the officials say they aren't going to give you a Deoxys threaten to yell that they have Deoxys, and the Celebi line will flutter with like 200 people, and the officials will get introuble. It will work.
Official:Ok give me your game and I will upload Celebi.
Me:Can I have a Deoxys too?
Official:We aren't giving away Deoxys, sorry.
Me:*lean in real close* Ok, I know you have Deoxys, I am not stupid, now, load a Deoxys into my game pak please, or I will blurt out your secret, very loud.
Official: OKAY!
(made-up speculation)
OMFG THAT IS FUNNY SO YOU ARE GETTING SIGGED

AkariKanzaki
6th July 2006, 3:30 PM
I'll be going to the Washington DC one, since it's only about a half-hour train ride there. I won't be able to enter the tournament, though, or get Celebi, as I sharked my Emerald (I'm pretty sure you can't get it if it's sharked, right?). But, I will battle if anyone wants, or something (I didn't make my pokes uberriffic strong, I just used it for tickets).

I don't think they check for downloading, only if you plan to battle in the tournament. So you should be okay.

Charry
6th July 2006, 4:01 PM
YES! I got sigged! Just in case the officials don't give me a Deoxys, I need a back-up one. If ANYONE is willing to trade their Deoxys to me for 2 lv. 5 Feebases, 1 Jirachi, and one more pokemon of your choice(besides Mew, Lugia, or Chimecho) PM me.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
6th July 2006, 4:07 PM
your going to the roosevelt field one right.

Charry
6th July 2006, 4:11 PM
Me? No, I am going to Boston.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
6th July 2006, 4:13 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Charry
6th July 2006, 4:16 PM
Sorry.I'm guessing you wanted to trade?

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
6th July 2006, 5:41 PM
yeah i did

Pokemaniac77
6th July 2006, 6:00 PM
anyone thats going to kop/philly that has a spare feebas,blissey, lugia/ho-oh, or scizors
I have feebases and a blissey. do you want to trade? PM me your offer.

(Anyone who wants to trade PM their offer!)

Expert Evan
6th July 2006, 6:02 PM
Going into Boston, here's my current wishlist:

-celebi
-deoxys
-mew (will have to wait until a legit way is available)
-all the legendaries from the top 20
-soul dew
-liechi berry
-any shinies I don't already have

Here's what I intend to bring along for trade if you have something special to trade for:

-level 5 chikoritas, totodile, feebas (some already with max beauty)
-level 91+ linoone extras
-EV trained pokemon I no longer need (ok so they are not perfect, but at least they can still win some battle frontier symbols still)

mewsbuddy
6th July 2006, 6:06 PM
how are you going to get a legit mew?

Expert Evan
6th July 2006, 6:16 PM
I'll have to wait until a legit way to get mew is available then.

Of course I have no intentions to trade most of my pokemon especially the shinies, the ones I intend to use in the tournament, the ones for breeding, lottery purposes nor any of the ones that have special meaning of course.

Sir Devious
6th July 2006, 8:00 PM
They cam eto Cali already?? DARN! What city?

Expert Evan
6th July 2006, 9:09 PM
It already went to San Francisco & Los Angeles a few months ago, and now it is finalizing its trek up here in the northeast USA.

I'll also be planning to stay at the Marriott hotel in Quincy the night before next weekend.

Baburu Zenigame
6th July 2006, 9:11 PM

L.A. and San Franciso. They were there in April. I went to the L.A. one.

I was really sad that me and my friend didn't got a picture with Pikachu=[

Does anyone plans to go and take a picture with this huge Pikachu doll?( they will have a line to a picture for free)

o.O;007;

AkariKanzaki
6th July 2006, 9:13 PM
I'd never been to Westfield Montgomery (where the DC JAA will be) so I went over there today as it was the first day that the Pokemon Center kiosk was set up. Pretty nice mall. ;munchlax; Pokedoll FTW! I got some other random stuff too, mainly some Skitty 10th anniversary pillows and a Ho-Oh Pokedoll.

Pokemaniac77
6th July 2006, 10:12 PM
could i have it? i don't have a saphire, and would like one. If not then that's okay.

Vampiric Knight
6th July 2006, 10:13 PM
ok wat lv????
The XD one's at lv 50.

Also, another question: will any of the downloadable Pokemon hold any item at all? (e.g. Light ball on Pikachu)

AngelMayLaugh
6th July 2006, 10:25 PM
I heard Pikachu DOES have a light ball

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
6th July 2006, 10:27 PM
i need ho-oh the most because i might be getting lugia tonight.

Charry
6th July 2006, 11:00 PM
Pikachu does hold a Light Ball it is confirmed on Pokemon.com.

I just really want a Deoxys. Bad enough to kill, please someone trade with me who's going to Boston.

Seviper
6th July 2006, 11:24 PM
:( It should be called Journey Across NORTHAmerica...
I would really like to be there. I WANT CELEBI;251;

dark magician
7th July 2006, 12:18 AM
ok my question is why did they ban mew,i mean its probably the 2nd least uber. =/

mewsbuddy
7th July 2006, 12:28 AM
I have a question what are all the hold items the pokemon you download have?

corsolakid
7th July 2006, 1:07 AM
i think pikachu is the only one with a hold item and it's holding a light ball. i'm not 100% sure tho, mine weren't holding anything.

corsolakid ;222;

Charry
7th July 2006, 1:44 AM
They banned Mew not because of it's uber status because almost all ubers are allowed, but because Mew isn't available to everyone like all other pokemon, giving others unfair advantages if they have Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and/or Deoxys.

XanthianCaprie
7th July 2006, 1:50 AM
Exactly. They've never handed Mew out in the states. It would almost have to be a hacked character any way.

I don't think they're handing Deoxys out, are they?

I feel like I haven't posted on the forums in an age! Is anyone going to the Philly event? I was thinking about driving over for it. I work a lot of weekends, so the Wednesday event is perfect.

ProtoManEXE88
7th July 2006, 1:53 AM
I have a semi-legit Deoxys... from a different save file's island warp :P, if you're interested, I can credit you for it.

My team is entirely legit though, I used a gameshark save-state thing to get that there Deoxys :D But it is technically legit.

Also, anyone want to trade me shinies for the GSC starters, Jirachi, Feebas, Lugia, Ho-Oh, etc? Those are all real, no problems there, check the OTs and everything, I also have shiny Zigzagoons from that Gamestop disc (gogo ebay). Name it (besides Mew and Celebi (but why would you need that ololol)).

If you offer me your Shiny Snorlax, or something (that user that had it), I will probably let you keep the Deoxys. I want another shiny that badly.

Hell, I may just trade my Deoxys for any shiny or something.

Oh yeah, Boston for me, serious business... offer ahoy!

mewsbuddy
7th July 2006, 1:53 AM
I know celebi is level 70 when you get it but are all the other pokemon level 70 too

Charry
7th July 2006, 1:56 AM
Yes, all pokemon you receive from a download are level 70

Charry
7th July 2006, 2:00 AM
I have a semi-legit Deoxys... from a different save file's island warp :P, if you're interested, I can credit you for it.

My team is entirely legit though, I used a gameshark save-state thing to get that there Deoxys :D But it is technically legit.

Also, anyone want to trade me shinies for the GSC starters, Jirachi, Feebas, Lugia, Ho-Oh, etc? Those are all real, no problems there, check the OTs and everything, I also have shiny Zigzagoons from that Gamestop disc (gogo ebay). Name it (besides Mew and Celebi (but why would you need that ololol)).

If you offer me your Shiny Snorlax, or something (that user that had it), I will probably let you keep the Deoxys. I want another shiny that badly.

Hell, I may just trade my Deoxys for any shiny or something.

Oh yeah, Boston for me, serious business... offer ahoy!Basically check your inbox, I made an offer. I am dying for a Deoxys!

ProtoManEXE88
7th July 2006, 2:08 AM
Nothing Beats The Insane Wrath Of The Level 70 Bulbasaur!

Charry
7th July 2006, 2:11 AM
I know, right?

♪Crystal Mew♪
7th July 2006, 4:19 AM
idk if someone has answered this but I will confirm that the only pokemon holding an item is pikachu@light ball...

if you happen to get a deoxys this is what its id/ot will look like: (this is a pic of mine)

http://static.flickr.com/69/159675815_be0c98f32c.jpg

EDIT:

here's all my celebis I got... XP

http://static.flickr.com/63/159675814_5485db1e8e.jpg

I have 8 (well now 7) more on my bro's games

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
7th July 2006, 4:31 AM
nice do they have lugia/ho-oh also like they do deoxys

Naraku_Diabolos
7th July 2006, 4:59 AM
Hey, when you download any of the JAA Pokemon, doesn't your game cart get an up percentage for finding shinies and increased EVs? I heard about that from someone on the forums before...

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
7th July 2006, 5:01 AM
really????????? o_O

Naraku_Diabolos
7th July 2006, 5:05 AM
Yeah, someone posted about it several months ago when the JAA just started. The poster (the person who posted) said that a Nintendo rep told them so.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
7th July 2006, 5:11 AM
helo golden charmander

Charry
7th July 2006, 5:17 AM
NO downloading a pokemon doesn't affect anything but your pokedex.

Charry
7th July 2006, 5:23 AM
nice do they have lugia/ho-oh also like they do deoxys
No. They only have Celebi and Deoxys, but the Deoxys was apparently supposed to be a secret, but Crystal Mew opened my eyes, and now I will print out those scrrens and show them to the officials so I get a Deoxys.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
7th July 2006, 5:26 AM
why are they being dirtbags by keeping it a secret

Charry
7th July 2006, 5:33 AM
Probably because there was already an event for Deoxys. I guess there is an option to download a Deoxys, and one was accidentally given to Crystal Mew. But now we have the power. We are the uprising against legendary secrets!!!! BUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(sugar-high)

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
7th July 2006, 5:43 AM
which one are you going to again?

Charry
7th July 2006, 5:46 AM
I am going to Boston, should I just put that in my signature? o.O

Booyah,:386-s: ;386-d; ;386-a; ;386;

Champion Jared 14
7th July 2006, 6:47 AM
Sigh, pout, moan, groan, I wish I could got to JAA...Darn it! My pokemon-hating family can really bite sometimes. I needs deoxys ans celebis. I wish I could go...

Shift
7th July 2006, 7:23 AM
Okay, it's crunch time for me. I'm stuck with an unfinished Emerald game without the National Dex, so I need to know: is it still possible to get Celebi without it like in Ru/Sa, or will it be blocked like in FR/LG?