PDA

View Full Version : Something I find a bit odd.

cold_katanagirl
23rd June 2006, 9:10 PM
OK, let's take a look at the Chronicle episodes.

When the Luvdisc use Attract, Misty and Tracey aren't going "LOLZ I LOVE JOO", causing this moment to constantly be used as an anti-Orangeshipping moment in debates and such.

It may only be me, but why is Orangeshipping the only one being targeted? Daisy and Tracey weren't drooling over each other, and I have yet to see this scene used as an anti-Handymanshipping argument. Is there a reason that seperates Daisy/Tracey (heck, you can throw Misty/Daisy in there if you want) from Orangeshipping?

Hakajin
23rd June 2006, 9:37 PM
Well, this is just me, but I don't really think there's all that much to Handymanshipping. I like it because it could cancel out Orangeshipping, plus I just like to pair everyone up, but as far as hints go, I think it's mostly fanon.

Cerberus
23rd June 2006, 11:20 PM
Because Orangeshipping is more popular, so people focus on that.

But you're absolutely right.

STJ
23rd June 2006, 11:24 PM
Interesting thought. huh

I really don't think it is an anti-hint really.. but if people do try to use it.. In my opinion, it's either nothing important to really argue with , or it's an anti-hint for both. otherewise it's a double standard

Steffrox
23rd June 2006, 11:37 PM
because it only effects other pokemon duh, Why else would sableeye and mightyena start lovin each other, i doubt they had a crush on each other before the luvdiscs did there lil kiss thing. it just effects the pokemon not the humans and they just use the idea in the play for a fun idea

cold_katanagirl
23rd June 2006, 11:52 PM
because it only effects other pokemon duh, Why else would sableeye and mightyena start lovin each other, i doubt they had a crush on each other before the luvdiscs did there lil kiss thing. it just effects the pokemon not the humans and they just use the idea in the play for a fun ideaIf I'm not mistaken, the couples in the audience were being affected by Attract.

Steffrox
23rd June 2006, 11:54 PM
i think that that was just daisy's over active imagination imagining that people would be moved by the story

cold_katanagirl
24th June 2006, 12:04 AM
I don't think Daisy was imagining that part. (http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/S17ps11.shtml)

Steffrox
24th June 2006, 12:07 AM
its the play they think its romantic and it gets them all lovey, it isn't the pokemon doing it cos that would be crazyness, those luvdisc culd cause chaos

cold_katanagirl
24th June 2006, 3:12 AM
its the play they think its romantic and it gets them all lovey, it isn't the pokemon doing it cos that would be crazyness, those luvdisc culd cause chaosI might believe that, but it seems like everyone who watches the episode believes otherwise. The little glowy hearts all over the crowd seem like an Attract to me.

I could be wrong though, as I haven't seen the episode. :x

Hakajin
24th June 2006, 3:13 AM
Or, if you wanted to take that "date" Tracey and Daisy had as a hint, you could say that they're merely interested in each other, but they're not in love. Actually, I don't really care.

CyberCubed
24th June 2006, 3:25 AM
I don't see the difference either. The Luvdisc did nothing for either Misty/Tracey or Tracey/Daisy.

But you know, this is the shipping fandom, so people make a big deal out of stuff that is relatively unimportant. The Luvdisc is neither a hint, nor an anti-hint for either of those two pairings.

What you guys don't realize is the writers were probably not thinking of humans while the Luvdisc used attract. Put yourselves in the writers shoes, and sometimes its easier to think using their brains, and what skipped their mind at the moment and what didn't.

intergalactic platypus
24th June 2006, 3:53 AM
Well, this is just me, but I don't really think there's all that much to Handymanshipping. I like it because it could cancel out Orangeshipping
This kind of thing saddens us orangeshippers :(. But I don't think it was an antihint. Obsessive pokeshippers have this hatred for orangeshipping because it rivals their own ship, similar to how they hate advanceshipping, so they blow things like this and the Tracey/Daisy parallell utterly out of proportion

Hakajin
24th June 2006, 7:05 AM
This kind of thing saddens us orangeshippers . But I don't think it was an antihint. Obsessive pokeshippers have this hatred for orangeshipping because it rivals their own ship, similar to how they hate advanceshipping, so they blow things like this and the Tracey/Daisy parallell utterly out of proportion

Why? How does it affect you if I like Handymanshipping? I don't really hate Orangeshipping. If I thought that it was a major threat I would, because it would make me depressed, but I wouldn't bother Orangeshippers about it. It's natural to hate something that hurts you, and it's something you can't help as well. It's not just Pokeshippers either, mind you.

What does it matter to you whether I hate it or not anway, as long as I'm not bugging you. Not only that, you disregarded the fact that I admit that it doesn't have much basis. My very point was actually in agreement with you, that it's a fanon ship mostly supported by Pokeshippers. I'm not being unrealistic about it and I've blown nothing out of proportion. And you completely ignored a part of my quote.

My reasons for liking Handymanshipping aren't the best, but it's just personal preference. Why does it matter? I have only mild interest in it anyway, and I would never try to prove it to someone with an attachment to Orangeshipping.

Overall, I like what I like, and I'll thank you to let me be about it.

Lux
26th June 2006, 6:22 AM
LOL, the luvdisc thing...

Alright, as stated above, there isn't neither hint, neither anti-hint. No big deal for any of the sides. Some people are just too desperate to find a canon proof against orangeshipping... as an orangeshipper, that doesn't bother me at all, since I think Misty and Tracey were not interested in each other at that time (maybe before the Azurill thing, the most "close-to-canon" hint).