PDA

View Full Version : News Scripts Help

SamsGFX
23rd June 2006, 10:40 PM
Can anyone recommend me a Free News Script that I can add to my website. One that will allow comments and such.
And also, if you use it on your own site, could you give me a basic tutorial on how to install it?
Any help is appriciated

Sol
23rd June 2006, 10:53 PM
You mean like the one thats on my site? I use http://cbox.ws/

Easy installation instructions on the site aswell.

Magma Leader Maxie
23rd June 2006, 10:53 PM
You mean a Content Management System? Try google-ing "CMS" and try a few out. The installation instructions should be simple, and they should come with the script. There's usually a config file where you need to enter stuff like your database name, password and username, and general preferences. Then there's an install script which you have to run (by visiting it) that goes through the installation steps. Lastly, you have to somehow integrate all this into your page, any this process varies from script to script.

I don't use CMS's so I don't know what to recommend (I'm sorry, it really is garbage) since it appears on every other minor pokemon site without fail. I also consider it to be a sign of a webmaster's laziness. Don't hate me for thinking so, but if you want to have a proper site, be prepared to FTP and manually update it. (unless of course you someday write your own script that willl allow you to slack off)