PDA

View Full Version : Steelshipping General Discussion

Faerie
29th June 2006, 3:58 AM
=O Hoe noes. Yes, it's me again, and I'm back with a new thread!

If you're reading this, hello and thanks for stopping by. This thread, as indicated by the title, was created for the purpose of discussing Steelshipping. Like almost all of my favorite shippings, most people probably aren't familiar with the name. So I'll say that Steelshipping is a shipping (did I really need to say that?) between Bashou/Hun and Buson/Atilla from the Legend of Thunder (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Legend_of_Thunder%21) Chronicles/Hosou episode. Oh NO, it's shounen-ai (if you're going by the Japanese version like me). >D

This thread is also partially an experiment to see if anyone else supports Steelshipping. Shh, don't tell anyone...And for the record, Raikou is pronounced RAI-koh, not RAI-koo.

Some rules:

+ Discuss the topic (Steelshipping) here and all topics realated to it.
+ No ship/character bashing plz.
+ Don't flame either. Flamefests = evil.
+ Don't spam. I don't want this thread infested with random off-topic stuff.
+ OBEY THE ABOVE RULES. xP

taitofan
29th June 2006, 4:23 AM
*jumps* Oh, oh, pick me! X3

I've supported Steelshipping since I first saw the Raikou special in raw Japanese, mainly cause I'm a yaoi ***** and Steelshipping is very attractive. I've also seen some Japanese fanart and read a few fics to further fuel my liking for it. It's teh sex yo~

Something I find amusing: In the dub, I giggled whenever Atilla said "Hun." Sounded like a pet name. XD Maybe that suggestiveness was why Bashou's dub counterpart had a very-much female voice... They really had no real reason to do it after all. Of course, I put myself through torture once already, and I'll never do that again. I'll stick with my lovely subtitled version thanks.

Uh, I dunno what else to say. ^^; I'll come back when my rambling are further needed. *slinks off*

Faerie
30th June 2006, 9:41 PM
Ooh, so I wasn't the only one who thought that was funny. xD At first Shiranui called him that, which totally freaked me out. But then Buson called him "Hun" too, so I decided that was his name. That, and the fact that it's obvious with his partner being Atilla. Ugh.

I personally think they (presumably) changed Bashou into a female just so that they could name him/her Hun. In itself, Hun is a bad enough name, but for a man...No. Just no. >__<;

Steffrox
1st July 2006, 1:29 AM
There isn't a rocket dou that shouldn't be together romanitcally, they are all together for reason and the reason is that they make the cutest ships ever.
and Bashuo and Buson are no exception, even with all the gender bending in the dub.
i think it was an easy enough mistake making him a woman, but they reaallllly should have checked there sorces,
Atilla and Hun lol
it could have been worst tho cos they could have called them Calamaty and Jane.

Faerie
1st July 2006, 2:43 AM
it could have been worst tho cos they could have called them Calamaty and Jane.Roffles. That would've been scary. Or they could have called them Billy and Kidd! xDDDDD *chokes with laughter*

Okay...We need a topic. >__>; I'll think of one eventually.

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st July 2006, 3:55 AM
I still think their dub names should have been either Blake and Byron or Billie and Cody (yes, spelled like the woman's name but keeping him a man. 'Sides, Buson looks like a Cody anyway)

I love this pairing. I've done some fics for it if y'all want to read 'em.

Faerie
1st July 2006, 7:37 PM
Hello. I had a feeling that if I made this thread you'd come here. *shifty eyes*

I've read one of your fanfics on DA. It's really quite good, although short...If you wrote a longer one you should post it on SPP. I'd read it. 8D

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd July 2006, 2:52 AM
Oh? Which one did you read? And moreover, did you review? (lol)

Faerie
2nd July 2006, 7:21 PM
Um, it was this one (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20917634/). I have a dreadful knack for forgetting titles. xD I didn't review it, though, because I don't have a DA accout. I was just cruising for fanart and I found it.

Whoops, we're getting off-topic. Gah. Topic, topic, topic...

What kind of sequeld to Legend of Thunder do you think there should be?

I'll answer later.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd July 2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=127150 Here's another Steelshippy fic, called Misappropiation.

Hmm, sequel to LoT? Well, I'd be happy if they just showed up again, sequel or not. I don't really think there could be a sequel without being too derivitive of the original special.

Faerie
5th July 2006, 1:43 AM
I havne't read that one, but I did see Tarnish. It was very good. But this probably isn't the place to be posting a review. xD

Topic time! 8D

What kind of sequeld to Legend of Thunder do you think there should be?

Umm...Well as far as the realm of possibility goes, it's just going to be Goodies vs. Baddies with a little Questshipping and Backshipping thrown in for good measure. I'm sure Bashou and Buson would reappear, but the special probably wouldn't contain much of real interest. *yawn*

What I'd like to see would be more along the lines of a villain's story rather than a hero's. Y'know, where the villains actually seem to have lives of their own rather than just existing to cause problems for the heroes. In a few words, basically anything that ends up with Bashou and Buson clinging to eachother. <33 [/fangirliness]

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th July 2006, 10:59 AM
A plot I'd *like* to see but one that would never happen on the show in a million billion years is one where Bishasu gets that revolt he wanted and tries to overthrow Giovanni. B&B would come into this because the team's loyalties would be split. And wouldn't that just beat all if they found themselves on different sides?

And for the love of Pete, review my fanfic, someone! Anyone!

Faerie
5th July 2006, 9:58 PM
And wouldn't that just beat all if they found themselves on different sides?And that, my friend, is why we have fanfiction. *cackles evilly*

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th July 2006, 11:59 PM
Indeed it is.

I've been wanting to write some more Steelshipping lately, but haven't had any ideas. Any thoughts?

Faerie
7th July 2006, 10:07 PM
Ooh. How about a rewrite of LoT? I've been thinking about it, but I'm already too busy with LaL and such to write another chaptered fic. You'd be good at it.

New topic. *shot for stealing topic from RS thread* The ultimate shounen-ai question!

Who plays the male in this relationship?

Again, I'll answer later. I'm too lazy right now. xP

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th July 2006, 11:05 PM
Plays the male? Well, they're both pretty male, but I think Bashou would be the more dominant partner. Most of the time, but I can see them switching.

So, thoughts on them appearing in the 9th movie preview?

Masumi
8th July 2006, 11:57 PM
Oooohhh!!! I love this ship so much!!!

Who plays the male? I think it is Buson. I mean, Basho is much more...elegant, calm....Less...tough guy. ^^

articuno_trumps_all
9th July 2006, 1:02 AM
I adore Steelshipping. The dub didn't even keep me from like the ship. I like the believe that it wasn't a question of a sex change, but a very committed female impersonator.

Blackjack Gabbiani
9th July 2006, 6:56 AM
Oh my.

I find it greatly amusing that in Japanese, Bashou has the same VA as my favorite Digimon character (Yukio Oikawa)...but I don't *like* Oikawa's Japanese voice!

I've got a rather naughty question for you all--think Giovanni would ever want them up to his office for a little trio?

Faerie
9th July 2006, 6:59 PM
If Bashou and Buson appeared in the ninth movie, that would be really awesome. I'd scour the earth (or at least YouTube xD) for the movie! But if they're just tricking us, as they do in all the trailers, then they will splode. >O

~

@articuno_trumps_all: xDD Now that would be weird.

@Blackjack: *recoils* Eeeeew.

~

Who plays the male in this relationship?

Umm. As Masumi said, Buson is more masculine/tough guy-ish than Bashou by a long shot, so he would probably be one's automatic answer. But Bashou is more...Well, I wouldn't say mature, because that would lead one to assume that Buson is immature, but Bashou is certainly more serious. So it could be either one. *shrugs*

~

*runs off to do her fanfic reviews*

Masumi
9th July 2006, 10:59 PM
I've got a rather naughty question for you all--think Giovanni would ever want them up to his office for a little trio?

Hehehehehe.....Oh, dear... Well, why not? XD I mean, they are like the best of the best in the whole organisation, eh? Oh, and it is not a fluffy pic but:

http://www.trsrockin.com/images/spec5.jpg

Blackjack Gabbiani
9th July 2006, 11:11 PM
Well, I suppose that brings up the question of rank. The only times we've seen agents of their rank is when they're working with Shiranui. So it begs the question of if that rank works exclusively with the science wing, or does Shiranui just request agents of that rank. (the only other silver-uniformed agent we've seen is Tyson. Boy, do I have my theories about him, but this isn't the place for them)

I actually think the Marauder is the highest-ranked agent we've seen.

Masumi
10th July 2006, 5:23 PM
Got a point there. But, too bad I still could not find any juicy fanart of these two jewels. ^^

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th July 2006, 11:40 PM
http://umejo.tripod.com/manga/manga.html has a lot, but a lot of it isn't work safe (various stages of undress, and there's a hardcore gallery). Also beware the Engrish (Brock is "Block" for some reason).

Man, there was another site around that had a lot of B&B pictures, but since I went to Firefox it's not in my address dropdown anymore!

Masumi
11th July 2006, 8:12 PM
Heheheheheh....lovely! Really these two are CUTE!!!

Can't find much fanart of them either... >_>

Faerie
12th July 2006, 1:05 AM
I can't even find any fanart on DA, and my computer hates Tripod websites so that link Blackjack Gabbiani posted won't work. Gah.

@Blackjack: You think that's bad Engrish? You should see some websites I've found. HURLEY. *gigglesnerk*

Okay...On to Blackjack's question. I know this sounds silly, but it's probably because the machinery is hugely expensive and they can't afford to let the lower-ranking members destroy/mess it up. And before you say anything, Musashi, Kojirou and Nyasu buy their own mechas. xP

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th July 2006, 2:06 AM
http://moguland.web.infoseek.co.jp/ I found the other link! Poke around and you'll find some great B&B fanart.

Faerie
12th July 2006, 2:11 AM
Yeah, I know about that website. But I haven't seen it.

Gosh, I hate filters. >__> *can't view the website*

Wind Waker
12th July 2006, 3:23 AM
Coincedently, i just watched the legend of thunder 12 hours ago. I thought there was chemistry, but my friends laughed it off so i thought i was the only one who thought there was some flirtation between the two. But i'm not!

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th July 2006, 3:57 AM
Whoo!

I still haven't seen it in English yet, but I probably should, just to see how bad it was. Strangely enough, I actually didn't like it much in Japanese, and thought B&B were the best things about it.

Masumi
12th July 2006, 2:53 PM
I must say, I do not like their English names at all. >_>

Hey, good site actually!

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th July 2006, 6:40 AM
Well, I already said my votes for what their English names should have been. Although naming them after a warlord is cool in *concept*...just not in practice.

Masumi
13th July 2006, 9:52 AM
Got that right. What would you have wanted their English names to be then?

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th July 2006, 10:53 AM
I said on the previous page, either Billie and Cody or Blake and Byron.

I find it funny that they were named after poets. Something about that just strikes me as odd, even though said poets were supposedly great friends.

Faerie
13th July 2006, 5:26 PM
I find it funny that they were named after poets. Something about that just strikes me as odd, even though said poets were supposedly great friends.Ohh, so that's what that was about. O_o;

Blackjack Gabbiani
14th July 2006, 1:53 AM
Yeah, they were both named for legendary haiku poets. I'd heard of Basho before (usually written with a line over the o. Not sure how to do that), but never of Buson even though they were good friends and contemporaries.

The RL Buson was also a painter, and did a semifamous portrait of Basho.

Faerie
15th July 2006, 1:09 AM
Wait! How did Blackjack Gabbiani get more posts on this thread than me? O__o; S'my thread anyway. How odd.

Actually I was reffering to those little icon-thingies you made in that thread a long time ago that died. There were lots of those...And off-topic, has anyone here noticed that in the first Series of Unfortunate Events book, Mr. Poe's children are named Edgar and Allen? I dunno, what you said just reminded me of that. xD

Do you think that Bashou and Buson will have a major (or minor) role in the next movie, or be refrenced in the World of Pokemon introduction?

A lot of people think that they're just in the introduction, and I guess I have to agree. But the trailers never tell the truth about movies anyhow, so I don't know what to expect. So I think I'll just wait and see what happens. *shrugs*

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th July 2006, 3:33 AM
I think if any TR agents were going to have a major role, we would have heard about it by now.

It's kind of a shame that we've only had 1.5 Rocket villians in the movies (the Marauder in 4, and Giovanni kinda-sorta in 1, but he didn't have a big enough role to rate a full point)

Faerie
16th July 2006, 7:17 PM
Abbah abbah. There've been more than that, IF you count Musashi, Kojirou and Nyaasu. They're not exclusive to the movies, of course, but they did have pretty important roles. "If" capitalized because they're really more petty theives than villains. But oh well.

*sighs* Not that I don't like conversing and all, but it was more fun when we had three people here. Where'd Masumi go, anyhow?

Masumi
16th July 2006, 10:03 PM
I'd really love to see our boys in the upcoming movie. Heheheheheh... At least they know what they are doing. :D

Faerie
16th July 2006, 11:33 PM
*blinks* Speak of the devil! Welcome back, Masumi.

Heh. Yes, you're right. In...both senses? O__o; Ah well. We need a new topic, anyway.

EDIT: Yay, two pages! ^__^

Blackjack Gabbiani
17th July 2006, 1:09 AM
I wonder if they actually captured Rayquaza or if they're just monitoring it...either way, it would make for some interesting fanfics.

Masumi
17th July 2006, 12:02 PM
Hi, yes I went on holiday so that is why I couldn't post. ;___;

Actually, I could imagine our boys chasing after Rayquaza, or perhaps Deoxys or the other memeber of the Legendary Dogs.

Chasing Legendaries seems to be their specialty. ^^

Blackjack Gabbiani
17th July 2006, 11:32 PM
Well, that and making fangirls talk...

Faerie
18th July 2006, 12:38 AM
Well, that and making fangirls talk...And talk and talk and talk and talk. And talk.

Well, Team Rocket basically centers around the Legendaries because they're far more powerful than most Pokemon. Power is essential in the minds of crazy anime villains. Well, that and profit. But that was really Onna Bosu's specialty.

Does anyone have an idea for a topic? Anyone? ;__;

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th July 2006, 8:08 AM
Well, I'm always looking for good fanfics. Anyone read any good Steelshippy fanfics lately?

Masumi
18th July 2006, 12:39 PM
Not me man, though I did enjoyed the fic you wrote, it's in my favorties. ^^;;;

fanderichie
18th July 2006, 3:29 PM
I haven't been in the forums since a long time, and now I enter here and finally there's a steelshipping discussion!!!! Yay!
I love this ship, and I can't belive they're in the trailer of the new movie. Although I have to agree with you that they'll be just in the introduction T__T. Anyway it's good to see them again.
Answering the question about who's the seme and who's the uke...well, that depends on the day I'm having xDD
Sometimes I see Buson as the seme and other times I see him as uke. Although...most of the time he's the seme. You know, Bashou is the dominant one at work, and Buson in their private time xDD
If anyone is interested, the spanish dub was horrible. Even worse than in English, really. Sometimes Kenta sounded older than Buson ¬¬ and well, Bashou's voice grrr, it was the worst thing of all. Their names were Atilla and Hun (the same as in English) and...*sigh* I got VERY angry.
Fics...no, I haven't read any steelshippy fic lately T_T unfortunately people don't write about them. I was thinking about writing one, but I'm not sure...because...you know, I don't know if my level of english is high enough to write one.

Faerie
18th July 2006, 5:17 PM
=O It's you! The person who claimed Steelshipping! Lucky duck.

You know, Bashou is the dominant one at work, and Buson in their private time xDD...Can you read minds? O__o;

No really, that's exactly my view too. How weird.

Kay...I have to go now. I'll post more later when I have lots and lots of time.

Masumi
18th July 2006, 6:09 PM
Whoa! I love that banner in your siggy!!! Basho is so cute there!!!!

Need to find more fanart of them...

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th July 2006, 11:20 PM
Fics...no, I haven't read any steelshippy fic lately T_T unfortunately people don't write about them. I was thinking about writing one, but I'm not sure...because...you know, I don't know if my level of english is high enough to write one.

Do it! You can always get a beta reader or something.

fanderichie
19th July 2006, 12:12 AM
=O It's you! The person who claimed Steelshipping! Lucky duck.
Yeah! it's me! xDDD
I can read minds...sometimes xD Nah, just kidding. Well, under my point of view, it's more..."logical" that way, although...as I said before, depends on my day xDD

Whoa! I love that banner in your siggy!!! Basho is so cute there!!!!
Thanks! ^.^
For some reason (probably because I have a LOT of free time), these days I'm doing tons of signatures, wallpapers and avatars of him.

Do it! You can always get a beta reader or something.
Okay, I'll do it...
I've got some ideas but I have to connect them and I don't know how, but...I'm sure I'll be able to do it somehow. ^.^
Maybe next week I'll post it here, I'll start writing tomorrow.

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th July 2006, 12:17 AM
Ooooh, can you give us a hint?

And your English sounds fine to me.

fanderichie
19th July 2006, 12:34 AM
Okay...well, those are only "moments", I don't know how to connect them T__T, and sometimes sound stupid to me.
Anyway, this is one of that "moments":

*Bashou receives an order to kill Buson (because he's a traitor) and if he doesn't do it, will be killed. So he takes him to a...*thinks*, well I don't know, he takes him somewhere and instead of killing him, he releases Buson and tells him to go. But Buson knows what will happen to Bashou and tells him that he prefer to be dead than to live without him. BUT Bashou can't kill him, so he takes the gun he carries and puts it in his head...
And after that I don't what to do. I don't know if I should kill Bashou, kill Buson, kill both or what. T__T
Anyway, what do you think?

Faerie
19th July 2006, 3:05 AM
Gosh, I leave for half a day and the thread fills up like a bucket in monsoon season...Hey, that's good! I'm gonna have to use that sometime. *jots down on notepad*

Interesting plot. @__@ Sorry, but I don't have any ideas.

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th July 2006, 7:49 AM
Sounds like an interesting plot. What did Buson do?

Masumi
19th July 2006, 10:52 AM
Oh, oh, oh!! Let Buson knock the gun out of Bashou's hands, and then go like "Are you insane??!!"

Then then after a moment of shock or some, Buson could either hug/kiss Bashou and then the two could flee together?

fanderichie
19th July 2006, 11:07 AM
Interesting? really? o.o I don't know, for some reason I kind of hate it xD

What did Buson do?
Good question xD
I don't know, I have to think about it. It has to be something serious...
Well, I have one idea but I'm not sure if it's SO important that he has to be killed.
The idea is the following: Buson takes a very important information about the team rocket, in order to save Bashou (because another company threatened TR with killing him) and gives it to this company.
Then, Giovanni tells Buson that he should've let Bashou die because that information was more important than one person. And so, orders Bashou to kill him.

I can't belive I'm going to write a fic in English xDD

Oh, oh, oh!! Let Buson knock the gun out of Bashou's hands, and then go like "Are you insane??!!"
Hmmm, could be a possiblity...yeah.

Then then after a moment of shock or some, Buson could either hug/kiss Bashou and then the two could flee together?
xDDDD I thought about it, but I think it's too "happy".

Faerie
19th July 2006, 5:02 PM
Oh, oh, oh!! Let Buson knock the gun out of Bashou's hands, and then go like "Are you insane??!!"Yeah, that was my idea (which I got about three hours after my last post). That would be good.

xDDDD I thought about it, but I think it's too "happy".*puppydogeyes* I like happy. ;__;

Masumi
19th July 2006, 7:08 PM
I like happy too!

Be my guest in being fluffy with them...heheheheheh....

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th July 2006, 11:49 PM
Of course, there's always the route where they wind up killing each other. But that's just me.

fanderichie
20th July 2006, 12:18 AM
*puppydogeyes* I like happy. ;__;
Yeah...but I don't xD

I like happy too!
-_-

Of course, there's always the route where they wind up killing each other. But that's just me
I like that xDD

But...*sigh* I've been talking with two of my friends and they told me they wanted a happy ending. And you two (Faerie and Masumi) also want it, so, as I don't mind doing it...yeah, I'll do a happy ending.

Faerie
20th July 2006, 12:36 AM
Ah, you don't have to put in a happy ending if you don't want to. But it would be nice. xD I'm a sucker for happy endings, sorry.

Um...On BMGF it says that Steelshipping is one of the shippngs that's approved for an article on Bulbapedia but there isn't one yet. Someone should write one. And before you say anything, no I'm not being lazy, I just don't have an account there. xD

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th July 2006, 1:02 AM
Yeah, because of the controversy over Bashou. Although if they feminized him because of that, it would be very out of sorts. 4Kids usually loves gay overtones. Heck, look at dub James, or Misty over Prima.

Faerie
20th July 2006, 1:05 AM
Yeah, I see that. Although dub-Kojirou has never really seemed gay to me, I can se the KasumiWhazzerface thing. *is WAAY off-topic*

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th July 2006, 6:57 AM
Well yeah, he certainly likes girls, but they made him...flamboyant I think the word would be. And they *loved* Harley.

Yes, we should bring this back on topic somehow...hmm...

are B&B the best things about LoT? I say yes.

fanderichie
20th July 2006, 11:45 AM
Ah, you don't have to put in a happy ending if you don't want to. But it would be nice. xD I'm a sucker for happy endings, sorry.
No but, really, I don't mind ^.^

And they *loved* Harley
Yeah!
No but, we can't compare Bashou with Harley or James. At least under my point of view, those two *are* femenine. But Bashou...isn't.
And this is only my opinion because I know most of people won't agree with me.

are B&B the best things about LoT?
Yes. With no doubt.

Masumi
20th July 2006, 12:14 PM
Of course, they became my favorite duo of Team Rocket. :D

Faerie
20th July 2006, 4:52 PM
Are B&B the best things about LoT?

"Kenta? Who is this Kenta of which you speak?"

I believe I speak for all of us when I say yes. xD

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st July 2006, 6:10 AM
I admit, I liked Jun'ichi too, but pretty much because he reminds me of JP from Digimon. And he's got a mohawk, you gotta love that.

If you were in charge of dubbing, what English names would you have given B&B?

fanderichie
21st July 2006, 10:32 AM
Junichi gets on my nerves xDDD, I can't help it.

Probably I wouldn't have changed their names, but if I had to do it...I'd really like Bruce and Dallas for them.
Bruce for Buson and Dallas for Bashou.

Masumi
21st July 2006, 12:15 PM
Hmmm...perhaps Reed (Bashou) Richards (Buson)

Faerie
21st July 2006, 4:53 PM
I admit it, I really liked some of the lines delivered by the main characters. They're just too funny. Junichi irritates me too, but after Junichi revealed himself when Kenta and Marina were like, "Ah, Junichi," I cracked up for some reason. xD It was just weird!

But for some reason "Bakanail" just didn't strike me as funny...

In all honesty, I wouldn't have given them any. I like the Japanese names way better than the English ones. I don't know any good English name-puns anyhow. The ones Masumi came up with were good. *shot*

Masumi
21st July 2006, 7:01 PM
Thank you, Fearie. ^^ But I also agree with you that the Japanese names are the best.

Faerie
21st July 2006, 8:47 PM
Yes, Japanese names are better. Bruce and Dallas is...okay, it's just that after playing Neopets for three years I associate the name Bruce with little penguin dudes with neckties. O__o;

fanderichie
21st July 2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, of course the original names are the best. Even if they're named after Haiku poets...I like their names.

Bruce and Dallas is...okay
I like those names ^.^

If I tell you the truth...I didn't like the special. I only watched it because of Bashou and Buson. All the characters except TR got on my nerves. Including Eusine (and I like him).

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st July 2006, 10:33 PM
So, how long do you think they've been partners for?

Masumi
21st July 2006, 10:41 PM
Hmmmm....Perhaps 5 to 10 years? I could imagine them joining Team Rocket to strengthen themselves, and become the most powerful duo of trainers the world has ever seen.

fanderichie
21st July 2006, 10:54 PM
Mmmm...I don't know, but 5 to 10 years I think it's too much time.
I'd say that Buson is older than Bashou, so probably he entered the team rocket before, and although Buson has had other partners, for Bashou, Buson is the first one. So...I would say...2 to 3 years.
(This is all my imagination xD)

Faerie
22nd July 2006, 1:08 AM
Well, for some reason I've always sort of imagined that the two would have joined Roketto-dan at about the same time (I wonder if that has something to do with the enterance exams...? >__<). I do agree that Buson is older than Bashou. Buson couldn't be any younger than 27 and Bashou couldn't be any older than 22. xP

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd July 2006, 3:16 AM
In a fanfic I was doing with a friend of mine, we had Buson being two years older than Bashou. We should really finish that fic sometime, it was cool. It was about their second mission together.

fanderichie
22nd July 2006, 11:28 AM
Buson couldn't be any younger than 27 and Bashou couldn't be any older than 22. xP
O.O You're the one who can read minds xDDD
I've always thought that Bashou was 21 and Buson 30 xDDDD

We should really finish that fic sometime, it was cool. It was about their second mission together.
I'd love to read it ^.^

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd July 2006, 11:38 AM
It's pretty long even being unfinished. But it's got some makeout scenes, and the story of Buson's sunglasses. He got blinded by a flashbomb while they were spying on another team, so Bashou got him sunglasses to help heal his eyes.

fanderichie
22nd July 2006, 12:28 PM
I love to read, so I don't mind if it's very long ^.^
It sounds good.

Faerie
22nd July 2006, 7:45 PM
But it's got some makeout scenesWhat, and that's supposed to bother us? >O I feel insulted! *mock indignant*

Sunglasses. Hmm, that always seemed strange to me. Interesting explanation you've got there, too. FINISH THE FIC NOW. ;o; *shakes you*

Masumi
22nd July 2006, 8:33 PM
Hehehehehehe...I already enjoyed your fic "Tarnish" Blackjack, so the upcoming ojne should be wonderful as well!

Heh, I would not mind makeouts!

Faerie
22nd July 2006, 8:40 PM
Yes, I agree! But we need a topic...Oh, I know!

Do you think Bashou and Buson knew each other before they joined RD? How?

Umm, probably not. I can't really think of any plausable way they could've met before Roketto-dan...But it would make a cute fanfic. 8D

Musapion
22nd July 2006, 9:13 PM
xD; I also thought of the Bruce Neopets. ^^;;

I /like/ their Japanese names and would rather they stayed as their dub names. xD It was just an intro-thingy, but it's good that Bashou and Buson are back. I like it when the anime brings back older characters. Not that they're even that old, but meh. Yeah, I like the pairing.

HAPPY ENDING.
Or, y'know, just... ending with no death. Doesn't have to be neccessarily HAPPY, just no death. xD; (look who's talkin'... ^^;; )

YAY, I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO SAY, SO BYE-BYE, PEOPLE~~~!

Masumi
22nd July 2006, 9:32 PM
Perhaps they did? I think they might be close "partners". Or perhaps not and they happen to be cooperating so well due to their equal skills?

fanderichie
22nd July 2006, 10:46 PM
Do you think Bashou and Buson knew each other before they joined RD? How?

Nah...
I think they met for the first time in the TR, and then...became "friends" on their third or fourth mission together. Since then, they have been closer and closer until now.
Or...you know, no. xDDD

Faerie
23rd July 2006, 12:12 AM
Perhaps they did? I think they might be close "partners". Or perhaps not and they happen to be cooperating so well due to their equal skills?...If that's the case, then what's the point of the shipping? O__o;

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd July 2006, 2:32 AM
So what do you think their backgrounds are? Like how they came to join the Team and all that.

Masumi
23rd July 2006, 4:45 PM
ARGH!!! Good one... Perhaps Bashou came from a rich family and stuff.... Buson growing up in the streets.... Or Buson coming from the army. ^^;;

fanderichie
23rd July 2006, 7:10 PM
Buson coming from the army...xDD I like that one!!!
About Bashou...I've always thought the opposite thing of what Masumi said xD I think he was abandoned by his parents when he was still a baby and grew up alone. Then, he joined the TR because he didn't have anywhere to go and besides, as he has been always alone, that's why he is (or at least seems ^.~) so cold and evil.

This topic could make a good fic xDD

Faerie
23rd July 2006, 7:51 PM
Ooh, this is interesting. I like coming up with backstories for characters. I'm sure I thought of something sometime...Let's see. *racks brain* Ah, yes...

Bashou
You know the drill. Only child. Abusive parents. Steals money and runs away. 'Cept Bashou was actually quite intellegent and he used the money he stole from his parents to continue school (O__o;?). After high school he went off and joined Roketto-dan. Smarter villains are always useful.

Buson
I really have no idea, except that he had a lot of siblings. I guess I'll just go with what Masumi and fanderichie said. xD

This topic could make a good fic xDDI know! The only reason I haven't written one yet is because I'm so lazy. xP *shot*

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th July 2006, 12:56 AM
Now don't hurt me, but I liked the dub's attempt to give Buson a bit of a backstory. Granted it wasn't much, but...

Faerie
24th July 2006, 1:35 AM
Now don't hurt me, but I liked the dub's attempt to give Buson a bit of a backstory. Granted it wasn't much, but...*hurts you*

Just kidding. xD

I appreciate the effort. But they were probably doing it to make up for erasing the little bit of backstory they gave Kenta and Marina, which they shouldn't have done in the first place. So I'm...torn, I guess.

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th July 2006, 1:56 AM
I just love backstory hints, especially things like that. Although I wish they hadn't tried to take away their history *together*, what with Shiranui saying that Hun had a new partner. But he could have been mistaken, right? (actually, I parodied that in a fic once, saying that Shiranui just couldn't remember Buson)

Faerie
24th July 2006, 2:06 AM
Yeah, that was irritating. The dub is quite...incosistent with the origional. That's the annoying thing with trying to find backstories. I recently watched the special in Japanese with subtitles, and it was so different it was scary. O__o;

And...two rounds until Steelshipping faces off against Mirageshipping in the Shipping Face-off! *fangirlsqueal*

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th July 2006, 7:37 AM
Whoo!

Although the subs messed some things up too, in particular their rank. Murg says a better translation would be "special ops".

fanderichie
24th July 2006, 10:23 AM
The dub was the worst! (and in spanish even worse T_T). It was good *the attempt* to give Buson a backsotry, but the backstory in itself was rubbish.
*sigh*...
The subtitles often make mistakes, but it's nothing if we compare it with changing the whole thing.
As you can see, I'm very indignant about the dub xDD

Masumi
24th July 2006, 1:16 PM
ARGH!!! The dub...was so...horrible... OO!!!! Many seem to dislike the dub and we know why...

Faerie
24th July 2006, 4:54 PM
Doesn't look like anybody likes the dub here. And Blackjack seems to be neutral...right?
The dub was the worst! (and in spanish even worse T_T)How was it worse? Tell me! O__O

Ooh, and now you can vote for Steelshipping in the Shipping Face-off (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=119929)! GO DO THAT NOW! 8DD

Masumi
24th July 2006, 5:15 PM
I'll do that in a minute. ^^

We seems to be the only few who like this ship, I mean I cannot find much fanfiction on FF.net, let alone lots of fanart.... It's sad... v_v

fanderichie
24th July 2006, 5:21 PM
and we know why...
Yeah...¬¬

How was it worse? Tell me! O__O
Worse...
First, B&B's voices were horrible...Hun's voice was the worst (grrr, so femenine ¬¬), Jimmy sometimes sounded older than Atilla, Eugene's voice was different from the one he had in "For Ho-oh the bells toll" and sounded...old >.<
The translation into Spanish was (sometimes) different from the English one...and...bah.
I must be masochist because I watched the three episodes. xDDD

We seems to be the only few who like this ship, I mean I cannot find much fanfiction on FF.net, let alone lots of fanart.... It's sad... v_v
Yes...it's sad T____T

Masumi
24th July 2006, 9:42 PM
Well, in the Dutch version Eusine sounds exactly like Steven Stone and Lance... >____>

Bushou is still a man though but eh..... He and Buson's lines far worse than the dub... They sound...too sweet.... ><!!!!!

fanderichie
24th July 2006, 9:50 PM
Bushou is still a man
You're lucky!
In Spain, Hun is a woman ¬¬
Because..you know, if in English you say only "welcome"...I don't know if you're refering to a woman or to a man, but in Spanish to say "welcome" you have to specify. BienvenidO for a man, and bienvenidA for a woman.
Why am I telling you this? Because the dub said "Bienvenida Hun, ¿quién es tu nuevo compañero?" (Welcome Hun, and who is your new partner?)
When I heard that I almost started to cry T_T
*Sigh* meh, at least I've got the original xDD

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th July 2006, 10:06 PM
I'm not even going to weigh in on that piece of crap. Although I thought Marina was annoying even in Japanese...

So...if they weren't paired with each other, who could you see B&B going with?

fanderichie
24th July 2006, 10:16 PM
I thought Marina was annoying even in Japanese
Yeah...me too.

If they weren't paired with each other, who could you see B&B going with?
If I tell you the truth...with no one.
>.< I just can't imagine them with other person...

Faerie
25th July 2006, 1:31 AM
Marina? Ugh, she was just strange...Her personality kept switching from 'damsel in distress' to 'half-Mary-Sue-half-comic-relief-', which really bugged me. >__>
Because..you know, if in English you say only "welcome"...I don't know if you're refering to a woman or to a man, but in Spanish to say "welcome" you have to specify. BienvenidO for a man, and bienvenidA for a woman.
Why am I telling you this? Because the dub said "Bienvenida Hun, ¿quién es tu nuevo compañero?" (Welcome Hun, and who is your new partner?)O__o; Eek. Now that's weird. I really can't say much about the Japanese version...Bashou was very non-gender-specific. I beleive he used "watashi" (an all-purpose version of "I", as opposed to "boku" which is more masculine). Correct me if I'm wrong.

If they weren't paired with each other, who could you see B&B going with?

Well, I don't really know. *scratches head* Maybe Bashou with, um...Yuuki. Yes, the one from Gogo-dan. xD I'm so weird.

*is glared at*

...Yeah, I still like Steelshipping the best. 8D

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2006, 2:44 AM
I know someone who ships Bashou with Domino...

...I shouldn't talk. I ship her with the IMM.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2006, 9:17 AM
That's great. Don't spam.

fanderichie
25th July 2006, 1:59 PM
That's great. Don't spam.
?
Did something happen?

I belive he used "watashi"
No, he didn't.
I just watched it again and...well, I didn't understand very well what he said but it certainly wasn't "watashi". (At least it didn't sound as a "watashi").
I also can be wrong...but I'm pretty sure he said "boku".

Masumi
25th July 2006, 5:14 PM
Hmmmm...I wouldn't pair them up with anyone either... They would look good as sexy singles. ^^

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th July 2006, 12:40 AM
?
Did something happen?

Yeah, there was a spammer around begging people to join his stupid club. He posted a message in just about every thread in the last two pages.

Sexy singles, eh? Hmm...

All right, I ask again--anyone know of where I can find any good fanart of B&B?

Faerie
26th July 2006, 12:46 AM
Um, you can try looking on Pokemon Search (http://www.pokemon-search.com/). They have some websites there, but I'm not sure how many...And Moguland has some external links.
No, he didn't.
I just watched it again and...well, I didn't understand very well what he said but it certainly wasn't "watashi". (At least it didn't sound as a "watashi").
I also can be wrong...but I'm pretty sure he said "boku".Ah. Then I must have been thinking of someone else. I'm not sure who...O__o;

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th July 2006, 6:07 AM
They should totally have Pokemon Search for English sites.

fanderichie
26th July 2006, 11:22 AM
anyone know of where I can find any good fanart of B&B?
I'm afraid not.
I saw some crappy things on deviantart, but except for what's on umejo and on the other link you put...no, nothing more T__T

Masumi
26th July 2006, 11:41 AM
Too bad deviantart doesn't have much art either.... They're not that popular otherwise would could have found some more art......

Faerie
26th July 2006, 4:50 PM
I know, it stinks. There really should be more fanart.
They should totally have Pokemon Search for English sites.Maybe, but I like the Japanese sites better. I don't know why, but I do. xP

ShadowKitsune
26th July 2006, 6:45 PM
You can ask Phantom_Bugsy. Though it'l be too scarring for younger people.

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th July 2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I saw her picture of Bashou doing questionable things to Eusine...

Faerie
27th July 2006, 1:27 AM
VERY blatant change of subject: Yay! Four pages! 8D Now the thread is officially big.

Um...If we still can't find any fanart I could draw some. I'm...okay, I guess, it's just that I don't usually finish stuff I draw. xD

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th July 2006, 6:22 AM
We don't ask much--even just a sketch would be great.

Crystal Clair
27th July 2006, 8:48 AM
Hi, *is feeling shy* I just saw the first part of Raikou Legend of Thunder (in English) and I kinda think Bashou and Buson would make a funny couple, but this is strictly going by the dub so to me it's a hetero shipping. *dodges tomatoes*
But seriously, I have no problem with the Japanese yaoi version. I just find it more entertaining to see a goofball like Buson paired up with a smart, quiet girl like Bashou. It's a little like PokeShipping with Ash being the goofball and Misty being the smart one.
I'll probably do a few fanarts of them (but I may add a bit of chest on Bashou)
oh just a note, I dont like their dub names so I keep it Japanese. It may not make perfect sense in a way but I dont make sense to myself a lot.

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th July 2006, 8:58 AM
Well...I *suppose* it's still Steelshipping...

I wouldn't call Bashou 'quiet'. He's more pensive, I think. He has no trouble commanding attacks or anything like that. If he was really 'quiet', I don't think he could have made it that far in the ranks. It seems you have to be outgoing to be a Rocket of rank.

Masumi
27th July 2006, 10:57 AM
Bashou is the more calm and collected of the two. I'd believe he prefers to use his mind instead of anything physical.

fanderichie
27th July 2006, 11:35 AM
Bashou is the more calm and collected of the two. I'd believe he prefers to use his mind instead of anything physical.
Yeah.
Bashou thinks and Buson does the rest xDD

Crystal Clair: ...¬¬
If you like it as a hetero shipping...okay. I respect it, but...
I can't help get angry when someone speaks about Bashou as "she" xDDD

I could draw some
Yes please!

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th July 2006, 11:47 AM
My friends and I have a running joke after seeing it in Japanese. You know how Bashou orders Buson around a lot? Well, one of my friends commented "Man, he tells Buson to do *everything*. 'Buson do this. Buson do that. Buson, make me some pancakes!'"

So now we need only mention pancakes to set the whole group of us on a giggle.

Crystal Clair
27th July 2006, 10:22 PM
^ heh, I like that idea
Okay, guys. As I said, I did my first SteelShipping fanart. but since I suck at drawing big guys, I just cheaped out and stuck a picture of him in that I found on google.
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7669/bashoubusonkt7.th.png (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bashoubusonkt7.png)
It's not only the first SteelShipping drawing I've ever did but the first PaintShop pro picture (I didn't do it in Photoshop fyi) that I actually used a secret trick to taper the lines smoothly. I even added a lineart gloss (blurring of the lineart to make it sleeker)
Hope you like. And btw, I tried to make it so Bashou didn't look too feminine although the hairblowing is kinda pushing it. At least I didn't give her noticable boobs.
btw, you know how some people like yaoi ships like these because they're not traditional? Well I think heterosexual SteelShipping is even stranger if you're used to Bashou's original gender.
And then there's the point where shipping can become too creative.

Faerie
28th July 2006, 1:03 AM
Wow...I leave for a day and...*blinks* Deja vu. O__o;

Crystal Clair, the hair-blowing-in-the-wind thing doesn't exactly have to be feminine. It's got more to do with shojou manga than anything else, and the majority of shounen-ai (and het) is in shojou manga.

My friends and I have a running joke after seeing it in Japanese. You know how Bashou orders Buson around a lot? Well, one of my friends commented "Man, he tells Buson to do *everything*. 'Buson do this. Buson do that. Buson, make me some pancakes!'"

So now we need only mention pancakes to set the whole group of us on a giggle.xDD Funny how stuff works like that, isn't it?

God. Someone needs to find Steelshipping doujinshi.

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th July 2006, 7:33 AM
I have a JJ&M-centric doujinshi that has a page with almost every Rocket in it, and it's got B&B. (the only Rockets I can think of that it doesn't have are the IMM, Viper, and Fuji. It's even got the Delibird lady!)

But that's the closest I've come. I posted it on Bulbagarden after I got it in April. Poke around the TR Fan Club thread.

Masumi
28th July 2006, 11:52 AM
Ah, that's an interesting pic, Crystal Clair.

I really ought to peek in the TR fanclob then....

Faerie
28th July 2006, 4:58 PM
I really ought to peek in the TR fanclob then....As do I. Not that I really ever vist BMGF, but I ought to.

Um...It's about time we came up with another topic, so...

What if word got out throghout RD about Bashou and Buson's relationship? Would it go over well?

*will answer later*

Blackjack Gabbiani
29th July 2006, 12:20 AM
RD? What's that? I'm going to assume you mean Rocket Dan.

Hmm...Frankly, I don't think very many people would be surprised. If that's how they act *on* duty, imagine what they must be like *off* duty.

It's funny, I can't really point to any specific instances of shippy moments between them, but just watching the special, you get this feeling about them.

Faerie
29th July 2006, 12:22 AM
Roketto-dan. ^__^; Sorry.

fanderichie
29th July 2006, 12:13 PM
What if word got out throghout RD about Bashou and Buson's relationship? Would it go over well?

Yeah, I agree with Blackjack, I don't think it would be a surprise.
If we can say that only watching one special...imagine people who work with them xDD

Masumi
29th July 2006, 5:51 PM
Same here. The be like "So?" Giovanni would only go ^^;;; and then leave them to be. After all, the two are doing a good job in their missions anyway.

Faerie
30th July 2006, 3:34 AM

Ah...>__>; This topic didn't go over well. Not as I planned at least. I agree with everyone on this, though. I guess it would be sort of obvious.
Giovanni would only go ^^;;; and then leave them to be.I personally don't think he'd even care. He's just not really interested in anything except money and power...and getting rid of Musashi-tachi, but that's another thing entirely.
If we can say that only watching one special...imagine people who work with them xDDxD I know. They just SCREAM intimacy.

Blackjaaack, the doujinshi you posted were all attachments, and I don't have a BMGF account so I can't view them. *fakesob*

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th July 2006, 6:03 AM
So sign up. It's well worth it.

Giovanni strikes me as the kind who would want a piece of that action.

Masumi
30th July 2006, 11:40 AM
Hey, I found a cute pic!:

http://liliy.net/rocket/fanart/myart/bashou-buson.jpg

Musapion
30th July 2006, 2:43 PM
Fuu fuu... Here's a little Paint drawing I did.
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2546/bashbusoqc0.png
-goes back to Harley fan club-

Faerie
30th July 2006, 8:01 PM
Thank you for the fanart everyone! Now we're actually getting somewhere. I'll go hunt some more down. *rushes off to Pokemon Search*

So sign up. It's well worth it.I would, but...um...Oh, great, now I can't come up with a good reason not to. Thanks a lot. xDD

Off-topic: Oh my God, Bannai looks EXACTLY like Dark. O____O;;

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st July 2006, 12:45 AM
Yay fanart! There needs to be more, seriously. I wish I could draw.

Masumi
31st July 2006, 9:06 AM
I agree...Wish there was more indeed. And of course more fanfiction. ^^

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st July 2006, 9:38 AM
Well, *that* I can do something about. If I had any inspiration, that is. I wish my cowriter and I could get a chance to write some more.

Vycksta
31st July 2006, 11:49 AM
I agree...Wish there was more indeed. And of course more fanfiction. ^^Well i've rewritten my Steelshipping drabble by request of Faerie and Blackjack... so if you want to see it I could always post it up here.

I think it's bad though, cause i'm a pessimist like that. xD;

Faerie
31st July 2006, 5:57 PM
I think it's bad though, cause i'm a pessimist like that. xD;I think my stuff is bad but other people say it's good. So you should give it a shot.

Vycksta
31st July 2006, 7:26 PM
I think my stuff is bad but other people say it's good. So you should give it a shot.Okay, if you insist. *raids LJ and gets drabble* I call it Electric Beast... and comments/constructive criticism would be greatful as I would like to improve in any way possible. :B

---

Cold blue eyes glanced nonchalantly out of the window, trying to take in the glorious pink sunset but not succeeding. A light sigh escaped his lips as Bashou was struggling to come to terms with the past few days. He was clearly submerged in disappointment and still appeared to be when heavy footsteps were heard coming nearer towards him.

"Bashou...?" Buson queried. He didn't like seeing his partner so distraught.

"I sometimes wonder why I bother, Buson." Bashou spoke lightly, not losing his glance at the ever decreasing sunset. "We were so close to the victory but those meddling brats had to wreck it all; had to wreck our chance of taking that electric beast for ourselves..."

A light grin appeared on his face as Buson removed his sunglasses and placed them on the oak table. "Well that depends on what electric beast you mean..."

The eyes still didn't move from the view outside the window. Arms moved from by his sides and got into that ever-familiar folded position. He tried not to sound teasing in the slightest, but Bashou horribly failed. "... and who do you mean?"

Buson didn't need no further invitation than that. He strode up to his partner and wrapped his muscular arms around him before placing his mouth near to Bashou's ear and whispering suggestively; "Allow me to show you."

A smile couldn't help but appear on Bashou's face as deep down, he knew he wanted this to happen all along. Plus his partner was right. After enjoying the throes of passion from that night, who needed the electric beast Raikou when Buson clearly lived up to that reputation in the bedroom?

Musapion
31st July 2006, 7:52 PM
It's cute! ^^ I like yer style.

... Though the 'meddling brats' line made me smirk and think of how weird a Scooby Doo/LoT crossover would be. Jinkies!

Vycksta
31st July 2006, 8:15 PM
It's cute! ^^ I like yer style.

... Though the 'meddling brats' line made me smirk and think of how weird a Scooby Doo/LoT crossover would be. Jinkies!Thanks. I still feel that my writing is a little rusty however.

Scooby Doo eh? I watched that lie a maniac when I was 6. xD;;; *stops from going way off-topic*

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st August 2006, 1:02 AM
Well, I liked it! It could use a beta reader, but nothing really major.

Masumi
1st August 2006, 11:49 AM
How adorable! It was really sweet!

Vycksta
1st August 2006, 6:07 PM
Well, I liked it! It could use a beta reader, but nothing really major.I'll take that into account... and thanks. x)

@ Masumi: Thanks. Don't have much confidence in my writing so all this positive feedback is nice. ^^;

fanderichie
1st August 2006, 10:41 PM
Musapion: Nice fanart ^.^

Vycksta: I liked it!...
Now I have to continue mine xDD

Don't have much confidence in my writing
Like me!
But...don't stop writing. Only if you keep doing it, you'll improve and...you'll like what you write.

Masumi
2nd August 2006, 10:28 AM
Hey, I found another pic:

http://ladysumire.com/shorty/Pokemon/Bashou3.jpg

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd August 2006, 10:38 AM
Oooh, an action shot.

I'd love to see a training session with our guys. I wonder if they battle each other.

Masumi
3rd August 2006, 8:27 AM
I think they would. ^^ They both look like they would be testing the craziest and most powerful machines of Team Rocket.

Faerie
3rd August 2006, 7:21 PM
Okay. Here I am. I know, I've been neglecting the thread, but now I've come back to catch up on...whatever I missed. *shrugs* Now begins the endless quoting...

Scooby Doo eh? I watched that lie a maniac when I was 6. xD;;; *stops from going way off-topic*Really? Me too. Then I realized the whole thing was just a formula.
I'd love to see a training session with our guys. I wonder if they battle each other.That'd be interesting. Something I'd like to see.

...Okay, not as long as I thought. But I have to go now. Byye.

Masumi
4th August 2006, 11:07 AM
Could it be Bashou and Buson are two favorties of Giovanni for they hunt for the Legendaries? By now,I like these two much better then any of the other team members. Oh, wait Domino isn't that bad either. ^^;

Blackjack Gabbiani
14th August 2006, 8:02 AM
We can't have run out of things to say about our guys already, can we?

fanderichie
16th August 2006, 8:28 PM
Of course not!
*thinks about a new topic*
Ok, I can't think a new topic...¬¬ (maybe later...)
Ideas?

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th August 2006, 8:49 AM
Well, I'm submitting an alternately formatted fic (actually 50 one-sentence fics) about B&B to the upcoming Kumoricon's fanfiction contest. I'm thinking about submitting Misappropiation as well--what do you all think?

Masumi
19th August 2006, 10:02 AM
Ah, that would be something. You should do it. ^^

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th August 2006, 10:04 AM
http://community.livejournal.com/1sentence/91319.html There's the 50 one-liners if you want to read 'em.

fanderichie
19th August 2006, 11:36 AM
It's okay. I liked it, and I loved Misappropiation.

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th August 2006, 12:54 AM
Thank you! Yeah, I like it too.

sanjay120
20th August 2006, 6:22 AM
*glomps Blackjack*

You are God now.

Also, I found fanart! Kinda.

http://moguland.web.infoseek.co.jp/newpage26.htm

^----It's a whole page. I think it's in Japanese. *pokes page* >.> You have to clickie on the little pink squares to view t3h 5m3ck5ayn355.

My fav:

http://moguland.web.infoseek.co.jp/aisama5.gif <---- Sooo cute.

Aaaandd here's the original site: http://moguland.web.infoseek.co.jp/framepage11.htm

I want to know Japanese now. I really really want to.

Translation would be appreciated.

Vycksta
20th August 2006, 10:37 PM
That fanart is so adorable. Dammit I wish I could draw. x.x

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th August 2006, 11:18 PM
*glomps Blackjack*

You are God now.

Sweet. I'll have to think of some proclimations or something.

sanjay120
21st August 2006, 2:24 AM
Sweet. I'll have to think of some proclimations or something.

Proclamations, you mean? Those are like... The Ten Commandments, right? >.>

1. Thou shall not refer to Bashou a 'she'.

Hm... new topic....

Ah... how do you think their relationship started being a 'more than friends' type thing?

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st August 2006, 5:40 AM
I think it just kinda happened over time. Being around each other all the time, relying on each other...

And that's a good commandment. Hmm

2. Thou shalt...um...

This is harder than I thought.

sanjay120
21st August 2006, 7:53 PM
Heh...

http://www.liliy.net/rocket/main.html <---- Bashou and Buson shrine. No shippiness, but worth checking out.

Also:

http://www.liliy.net/rocket/fanart/ki-san-1.jpg

EDIT: Oh. My. God. I just found the English version on YouTube. Now I know why everyone's so ****** about Hun's voice. It's terrible. *cries* However, if he really was a woman, I would have found her hot. She has a nice voice, just not for a man. >.<

Vycksta
21st August 2006, 8:05 PM
^ I actually have that site in my favourites list. Good old Crystal Rocket and their lovely, if slightly blurry, screenshots. ;D

sanjay120
22nd August 2006, 5:02 AM
I just thought of a new ship: Swaggershipping. Buson's Skarmory and Bashou's Steelix. XXD Off to Bulbagarden I go ^_^.

Vycksta
22nd August 2006, 12:11 PM
I saw your post. Swaggershipping is a nice name. Guess that could be another Pokemon x Pokemon ship i'll add to my list of loves. xD

Slightly off topic here... after reading your post there some shippings you suggested already have names. Latios x Latias is already SightShareshipping, Articuno x Moltres x Zapdos is already Titanshipping and Raikou x Entei x Suicune is already Legendaryshipping. Legendaryshipping also applies for Lugia x Ho-Oh.

fanderichie
22nd August 2006, 12:14 PM
how do you think their relationship started being a 'more than friends' type thing?
Hmmm...I agree with blackjack, I think it was just a matter of time.

http://www.liliy.net/rocket/main.html <---- Bashou and Buson shrine. No shippiness, but worth checking out.
I knew this site, it has lots of screenshots <3

Swaggershipping. Buson's Skarmory and Bashou's Steelix
O.O
xDD
I don't know...it could be...I guess xD If it's true that pokemons are like their trainers, yeah xD

sanjay120
22nd August 2006, 1:19 PM
Aww....

My names sucked anyways. ^_^;;; But seriously, I couldnt find them anywhere. I looked and looked and googled my heart out. >.>

And yeah, it probably was over time, but, who do you think made the first move? I'm thinking Buson. He seems like that kinda guy. ^_^

Masumi
22nd August 2006, 3:23 PM
Wonderful fanart! And I loved your fic, BJB! :D

I also think Buson would make the first move. Bashou's too elegant for that. ^^;;;

Vycksta
22nd August 2006, 6:20 PM
Aww....

My names sucked anyways. ^_^;;; But seriously, I couldnt find them anywhere. I looked and looked and googled my heart out. >.>

And yeah, it probably was over time, but, who do you think made the first move? I'm thinking Buson. He seems like that kinda guy. ^_^Tis ok. I didn't find your names that bad anyway, i'm just a firm believer that shippings should have one name and stick with it. ;D

To answer your question... I think both. When I write it's always Buson that makes the first move but I have seen instances where Bashou makes the initial move... example being the end of Misapproation.

sanjay120
22nd August 2006, 8:08 PM
What I meant was the VERY first move, like their first kiss or something...

And yes the names did suck. XD

Also, I am thinking about starting a Bulbapedia article about Steelshipping. Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: 10 pages. w00t.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd August 2006, 12:46 AM
Well, one of the main points to write about was that it could have influenced Bashou's feminization in the dub (even if he wasn't made a woman--since he is refered to as a man--he still had a woman's voice).

Which is weird, because gay overtones are, like, the one thing 4Kids doesn't seem to have a problem with.

sanjay120
23rd August 2006, 1:21 AM
Ok, wrote about the dub thing. And that makes it.... 4 sentances long. Yay. ._.

Heh. I just had a really crazy idea. Bashou playing the saxophone. I have no idea why I thought of it. XD *prods his brain* I'm waaaay too hyper. :p

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd August 2006, 7:58 AM
What would Buson play? He strikes me as a drums man. Donno why.

sanjay120
23rd August 2006, 4:34 PM
Yeah, Buson seems like the type for drums. They're loud and wild.

Bashou... something calm and elegant...

Masumi
23rd August 2006, 4:50 PM
I'd love to see Bashou with a flute. ^^;

sanjay120
24th August 2006, 1:03 AM
Oh wow. A flute was just what I was thinking of. XD And honey. He seems like the type who would eat honey.

Buson playing the drums all the time seems like it might annoy Bashou though.

Masumi
24th August 2006, 11:21 AM
Hehehehehehe. Bashou might slap him with a random newspaper. ^^

Perhaps he would like the strawberry?

sanjay120
24th August 2006, 4:08 PM
Strawberry honey? Sounds yummy. XD I get the feeling he likes fancy sugary foods, like chocolate dipped strawberries. And fancy wine.

Masumi
25th August 2006, 11:51 AM
Oh, yes! We cannot forget about the wine, it would suit Bashou. I wonder if he could play the violin?

sanjay120
25th August 2006, 1:12 PM
VIOLIN!!!!!!!!!!

Me likes.

Or he could make Buson play the violin while he sips wine and eats chocolate dipped strawberries by candlelight. <33 Romantic. ;D

Vycksta
25th August 2006, 8:44 PM
Or he could make Buson play the violin while he sips wine and eats chocolate dipped strawberries by candlelight. <33 Romantic. ;D*now has that picture in her head* Damn it's good. ;P

sanjay120
25th August 2006, 10:06 PM
And then Buson can be his luuurve slave for the rest of the night. :p

Musapion
26th August 2006, 7:25 AM
xD Somebody should totally draw that.

Masumi
26th August 2006, 8:07 AM
Heheheheheh,...Bashou shirtless!!!! :D And Buson is something with black leather?

Musapion
26th August 2006, 8:53 AM
^^;
Well, Bashou has a shirt on... and the picture isn't colored, but~... how's this? -hides-
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1639/bashbusoekakifb0.png
(I hate his sunglasses. <<; )

sanjay120
26th August 2006, 3:10 PM
BLACK LEATHER! *drools*

And a whip. And... handcuffs! ^_^

I would draw but I suck at drawing. ;.;

Vycksta
27th August 2006, 12:58 AM
That's a lovely drawing, it's adorable. (:

Any plans to colour it?

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th August 2006, 6:44 AM
Looks good! What kind of berry is that?

Masumi
27th August 2006, 9:31 AM
It looks very good! Love to see it in color.

Musapion
27th August 2006, 7:26 PM
Well, the oekaki was randomly erasing pictures so I didn't expect it to stay up long enough for me to color it... but it stayed, sooo... here. xD
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5299/bashoubusonoekakiyh5.png

Vycksta
27th August 2006, 7:53 PM
That looks bloody awesome now it's coloured. :}

Musapion
27th August 2006, 9:34 PM
Aww, thanks! xD

sanjay120
27th August 2006, 10:50 PM
*gasp* IT'S A CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRY!!!!!!!^________________________________ ______^ *glomps Musapion*

What's Buson holding? My brain isn't working and I can't tell. >.<

Musapion
28th August 2006, 1:13 AM
-falls over-

All I drew was what you all were describing, sans cuffs and such. ^^;

And thanks. xD

sanjay120
28th August 2006, 1:20 AM
But... what is he holding?

*whispers* Draw the cuffs. And a whip. And honey. There must be honey with the kinky sex.

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th August 2006, 1:57 AM
Oooh, colorized even!

Honey? That would get everywhere!

sanjay120
28th August 2006, 2:22 AM
Honey? That would get everywhere!

....Exactly. :D

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th August 2006, 2:38 AM
Whoever does their laundry won't be happy, that's for sure. Although I get the feeling it wouldn't be the strangest thing Rocket Laundry has seen.

sanjay120
28th August 2006, 2:45 AM
Yeah, when you think about it, honey isn't that bad compared to blood, sweat, shaving cream...

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th August 2006, 6:02 AM
I think honey's worse than sweat and shaving cream...from a purely laundry prospective, anyway.

Blood would be easier to get out than honey, but you'd be even less interested in knowing where it came from. If you knew what was good for you, anyway.

Masumi
28th August 2006, 5:25 PM
They are hard workers and one of the eilite Rockets. ^^ I bet Giovanni must be very proud.

I wonder how far the two will go to achieve their goal?

Blackjack Gabbiani
29th August 2006, 8:32 AM
Probably anything, really.

...great, now I've got an image of them interrogating Bill. (with sexy results!)

Vycksta
29th August 2006, 6:59 PM
If my writing skills weren't rusty i'd attempt writing that. x)

sanjay120
29th August 2006, 11:27 PM
Uh...

Who are we talking about again? ^^;;

Vycksta
29th August 2006, 11:36 PM
Uh...

Who are we talking about again? ^^;;Bashou and Buson interrogating Bill with sexy results?

Masumi
30th August 2006, 11:19 AM
Hehehehehhehehe...Show us! Nothing naughty enough for us! :D

sanjay120
30th August 2006, 8:33 PM
Oh...

And by interrogating, I'm assuming you mean seducing?

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th August 2006, 10:25 PM
Well, they say Bill would do *anything* for rare pokemon. Maybe he cuts them a deal.

Vycksta
31st August 2006, 12:05 AM
Where's Musapion? She needs to draw a picture of this. x)

Musapion
31st August 2006, 10:32 AM
^^;;;

Seducing? Both of them or just Bashou?

Masumi
31st August 2006, 10:35 AM
Oh, let Buson seduce Bashou. He's the man for that. Hehehehehehehe...

sanjay120
31st August 2006, 10:01 PM
No, Bashou does the seducing Bill, Buson gets jealous, then they all have a group orgy. The end. :D

Masumi
1st September 2006, 8:47 AM
Perhaps. Or both just failed in a mission and Bashou is all p*ssed and Buson is very calm, and wraps his arms around his partner telling him there are more important matter in this world. Then Bashou asks "What do you mean--!" and Buson gives him a firm kiss and then you know.

sanjay120
1st September 2006, 10:39 PM
^ I like. I like very much. But where is sexy Bill? o.o;;

Masumi
2nd September 2006, 10:46 AM
Eeeeehhhh.....the boys wanted some privacy?

sanjay120
2nd September 2006, 4:14 PM
But..... I want Bill! ;.;

Omg. I just had a wild idea for a Morty/Eusine/Will threesome. I wonder if I can get Phantom_Bugsy to draw that... I bet she will. XD

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th September 2006, 4:54 AM
Are we officially out of things to talk about? Well then, I started an Evil Teams writing comm on LiveJournal, if any of you want to write some Steelshipping for it.
http://community.livejournal.com/rocket100/profile It's called Rocket100, but you can technically write about any of the Evil Teams, but hey, this is the Steelshipping club, after all.

And yes, I did have to put their dub names in the interests.

sanjay120
15th September 2006, 10:02 PM
Gah. Evil dub names.

I was wondering when this would come back to life. :D

*glomps Blackjack* I will go see it.

sanjay120
27th September 2006, 1:36 AM
EDIT: Wrong thread. Sorry. ._.