PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

Darkstorm16
29th June 2006, 12:47 PM
I don't really want this game to be like Pokemon Stadium becuase I found those games very boring. The reason why I liked Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness is because it has the RPG element. I mean comeone in stadium, I just press buttons and play the game and at the same time while pressing those buttons I always have my GameBoy Advance on playing that at the same time.

Golden_Latias
29th June 2006, 1:12 PM
o.O Actually, I think most people want an RPG with a Battle Mode that has stuff from Stadium and Stadium 2, such as Rental Pokemon and Gym Leader Castle.

But I do agree with you. I do like Colosseum much better than the Stadium Games.

Omega Pirate
29th June 2006, 1:20 PM
What the bloody hell are you talking about!? Colo/XD is just pressing buttons aswell, the only addition is that you have to walk around.

tisdalefan
29th June 2006, 3:02 PM
What the bloody hell are you talking about!? Colo/XD is just pressing buttons aswell, the only addition is that you have to walk around.

Yeah what he said!!!!!!!!!! But most likely i think there gonna have a rpg mode and a stadium mode since the nintendo wii has an extremely amount of memory.;078;

Pokemaníaco Desesperado
29th June 2006, 4:20 PM
And talking with people, and uncovering a story, and collecting items, and travelling to places and everything that turns a RPG into a RPG.

Darkstorm16
29th June 2006, 5:44 PM
And talking with people, and uncovering a story, and collecting items, and travelling to places and everything that turns a RPG into a RPG.
What they said is what I like about pokemon, In colosseum and Gale Of Darkness atleast your going around collecting stuff and then actually have fun cathing those pokemon.

Pikamiki
29th June 2006, 6:17 PM
as far as i know they've already announced that it will have an RPG, and i think without shadow pokemon though im not sure!

Darkstorm16
30th June 2006, 1:54 AM
I don't mind if it is shadow Pokemon or not.

Judai Yuki
30th June 2006, 2:27 AM
It'll probably be Shadow pokemon but i hate that.

~Bent~
30th June 2006, 3:02 AM
I'm just curious... where has it been stated that Battle Revolution will have an RPG mode? On the main site?

Shining Mew
30th June 2006, 2:08 PM
I'm just curious... where has it been stated that Battle Revolution will have an RPG mode? On the main site?

yup http://www.serebii.net/battle/

Id like an actual interesting/fun RPG mode. I didnt like Colo and didnt bother getting XD because of how disappointed I was in Colo. I hope the RPG element isnt too similar to Colo @.@ Shadow pokemon was a lame idea...

Serebii
30th June 2006, 2:12 PM
To be fair, I'm now not 100% sure on RPG Mode being on it

Eszett
30th June 2006, 2:15 PM
Hopefully Genius Sonority won't be developing it again.

As for the RPG mode - if there is one, that is - don't make it so rigid! I would like to see it structured such that we wouldn't need to get the same exact Pokemon as everyone else. Randomize things up a bit! Where one person might find Carvanhas, another would find Hoppips. Making small changes in the game such as that - allowing this game to become a truly unique experience - is what I feel will make or break this game.

Then again, I'm not expecting them to do anything of the sort lest they deem it too "radical".

Joe, I would find it strange for them not to include an RPG mode, since the only thing of much interest would then be the battle features. I doubt many would get it if it just had minigames and storage space for Pokemon. What would be the point, then, of having the game if Diamond and/or Pearl and two DS's could handle its jobs just as well?

skarmachild
30th June 2006, 5:25 PM
To be fair, I'm now not 100% sure on RPG Mode being on it

Oh look! Serebii wrong, how funny.

In the speech, all I recall being said was linkup between the games + nothing about an RPG mode.

Darkstorm16
30th June 2006, 6:57 PM
Technically Serebii is not wrong , nor is he right. They only released so much information and he's only going by the current information so don't blame him.

~Bent~
1st July 2006, 1:14 AM
I doubt many would get it if it just had minigames and storage space for Pokemon.Didn't Pokemon Box sell out pretty quick?

*green_vulpix*
1st July 2006, 4:42 AM
I don't really want this game to be like Pokemon Stadium becuase I found those games very boring. The reason why I liked Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness is because it has the RPG element. I mean comeone in stadium, I just press buttons and play the game and at the same time while pressing those buttons I always have my GameBoy Advance on playing that at the same time.

I don't really want it to be like Stadium, either. I liked XD, since I like to play RPG's I suppose. Not that mini games and jsut battling aren't fun, but I like to have more of a story mode.

If there is RPG elements in Battle Revolution, hopefully it won't be with Shadow Pokemon though. I've only played XD, but I really don't want another game with Shadow Pokemon. It would get too repetitve.

Gazmof
1st July 2006, 12:27 PM
Hopefully Genius Sonority won't be developing it again.

As for the RPG mode - if there is one, that is - don't make it so rigid! I would like to see it structured such that we wouldn't need to get the same exact Pokemon as everyone else. Randomize things up a bit! Where one person might find Carvanhas, another would find Hoppips. Making small changes in the game such as that - allowing this game to become a truly unique experience - is what I feel will make or break this game.Bleh, while I agree with you for not wanting such rigidity, that would only lead to two versions of the game (ala Diamond/Pearl) where only certain Pokemon can be caught in one game, and certain Pokemon in another. Or maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here and you just want to catch wild Pokemon instead of specific Shadow Pokemon.

Having said that, though, I thought XD did a pretty good job of introducing wild Pokemon (though of course the selection pool was rather limited). In my opinion this RPG should try and be a "miniature" version of the D/P games, but minus the Gym battling storyline - catch Pokemon, follow the progress of the bad guy team, take 'em out in the final showdown.

Mysticalman Luigi
1st July 2006, 8:15 PM
is there any gamecube game that is not about pressing buttons ?

Darkstorm16
1st July 2006, 8:29 PM
Atleast in Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale Of Darkness you see houses and outside.

Eszett
1st July 2006, 8:41 PM
Didn't Pokemon Box sell out pretty quick?I'm not sure, but the whole motive of that was that it was simply gobs and gobs of storage space. It didn't attempt to do anything else - not battle, not minigames or anything of the sort. Its sole intention was to store stuff, which would account for any popularity it had.

With that comment, I was referring more to actual games. You don't buy Pokemon games because they have storage space for Pokemon, you buy them because of the adventure involved - well, generally anyway.

Bleh, while I agree with you for not wanting such rigidity, that would only lead to two versions of the game (ala Diamond/Pearl) where only certain Pokemon can be caught in one game, and certain Pokemon in another. Or maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here and you just want to catch wild Pokemon instead of specific Shadow Pokemon.What you said in the last point is more of what I meant. Even if they still resort to using Shadow Pokemon, the number of Pokemon we will have after D/P are released will be plenty enough for them to have some more diversity.

Basically, I want this game - should it have an RPG portion - to contain a more-or-less random stock of Pokemon. Where one person might find a Weedle or Weedles in the game, another could find Spinaraks in its/their place, and yet another would catch some new D/P Bug type. Obviously you wouldn't be given Dratinis where everyone else would get Lotads, but organizing Pokemon into internal arrays of "the same strength" and making random selections upon creating a new game would prove to be interesting indeed.

You might get some version exclusives, you might not get any version exclusives. You might get the Pokemon you like, you might not. But, the one thing that will happen is that every save file of Pokemon Battle Revolution would have its own, unique selection of Pokemon, covering every type and every generation to an ample-enough degree.

Gazmof
2nd July 2006, 12:19 AM
What you said in the last point is more of what I meant. Even if they still resort to using Shadow Pokemon, the number of Pokemon we will have after D/P are released will be plenty enough for them to have some more diversity.

Basically, I want this game - should it have an RPG portion - to contain a more-or-less random stock of Pokemon. Where one person might find a Weedle or Weedles in the game, another could find Spinaraks in its/their place, and yet another would catch some new D/P Bug type. Obviously you wouldn't be given Dratinis where everyone else would get Lotads, but organizing Pokemon into internal arrays of "the same strength" and making random selections upon creating a new game would prove to be interesting indeed.

You might get some version exclusives, you might not get any version exclusives. You might get the Pokemon you like, you might not. But, the one thing that will happen is that every save file of Pokemon Battle Revolution would have its own, unique selection of Pokemon, covering every type and every generation to an ample-enough degree.Aha, I get what you mean. That's actually a pretty good idea, but I was worried the Dratini/Lotad theory you brought up was a part of it. Thanks for clearing that up.

If that were to be the case, though, I imagine we'd get a very limited pool of D/P exclusives, (just like Colosseum had hardly any Hoenn exclusives) as it may detract from the sales of D/P, in Nintendo's eyes.

Trainer Rachel
2nd July 2006, 1:43 AM
XD was fun, but man, I hope this is just a Stadium game cause I want them to actually PERFECT all the battle animations and stuff so no one's standing in the air when they're supposed to be"flying"

I think Stadium was much better quality. Sure, some of the attacks weren't as "pretty" but it all just flowed better.

A_1
4th July 2006, 7:51 AM
The RPG mode really added a lot to the Pokemon console games. Stadium was more or less just you training your gameboy pokemon for transfer battles-- And just for the sake of seeing them in 3d.

That of course got kinda old quick. But when they added the story mode to the game there was a whole other reason to play it.

You had the story to play through, and then the colloseum to battle it out with friends or w/e.

Darkstorm16
4th July 2006, 12:47 PM
Actually even if it is an RPG they still could get the battling perfect.

Trainer Rachel
4th July 2006, 9:30 PM
Actually even if it is an RPG they still could get the battling perfect.

Yes, that's true, but I'm just doubtful that they'll get the battling perfect if they add an RPG mode, because they would just be too much work, you know? But ya never know. But if there is an RPG mode, I'd really prefer no more shadow Pokemon for this...

Kikas123
4th July 2006, 11:44 PM
I prefered Stadium becasue it was about battling, and XD and Colloseum were weak for both elements, fun yes, memerable no, the Stadium games had lots of things to keep you occupied, battles, special battles, Mini-Games, Quizes Game-Pak vs rentals, Multiplayer etc.

Darkstorm16
5th July 2006, 12:24 AM
Honestly I really do hope it's an RPG becuase I like fighting but when I like fighting games I Like movement! Not just pressing the A button for 4 hours in a row.