PDA

View Full Version : Suggested New Header for Site

Digitus
30th June 2006, 5:20 PM
I think that the header (the image with Gengar, Celebi and Houndoom) that the site currently has is mediocre and low-quality.

Why not this one?

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7317/serebiisig2ce.png

I have a back-up with no text so that can be changed.

Opinions?

Fiery Blaziken
30th June 2006, 6:44 PM
It's better than the old one, but the colors in the middle don't go together well imo.

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th June 2006, 7:19 PM
It looks kinda weird to be honest, although Joe does need to change the 666 banner....

RaZoR LeAf
30th June 2006, 7:24 PM
It's funny you should do this, because at the time Serebii created it both myself and Esperante created alternative banners.

I think the colours of yours don't go well together. The bright blues and purples are very complimentary, and along with the glass/ripple effect make the text recede.

Here's (http://www.deviantart.com/view/34373149/) my banner (1st draft and final). Only linked so I don't impose on your topic.

D-Man
30th June 2006, 7:25 PM
if you take a better look, you will notice that it is 6666 not 666 (celebi has 66 one left, one right)

Digitus
30th June 2006, 8:57 PM
Hmm.. I can't seem to create suitable backgrounds for characters...

Is this one better or worse?

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1750/serebiisig29en.png

(I have read your replies in this thread)

I need to find better fonts. The ones in PS suck.

EDIT:
Well, it looks like the banner was changed again... Sorry to say this but my banner is still better than the current one right now. You know, I can create a new one if I were given instructions like which Pokémon to use, colors to use, etc.

Shadowfaith
1st July 2006, 11:28 AM
It's a little better, but I still think the colours clash a little. The green in the background behind Celebi seems to draw it in a little too much to the background. Perhaps you could try darker colours for the background instead of your light choices? And perhaps there are just a few too many colours, perhaps you should stick to two or three colours? Just a suggestion mind you.

Digitus
2nd July 2006, 8:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Shadowfaith.

Unfortunately, I am in California and is using my uncle's computer, so I cannot use my computer that has PS back home.

I'll be in CA for about a week. If anyone else has any suggestions, please post them.

Thank you.

RaZoR LeAf
2nd July 2006, 9:15 PM
EDIT:
Well, it looks like the banner was changed again... Sorry to say this but my banner is still better than the current one right now. You know, I can create a new one if I were given instructions like which Pokémon to use, colors to use, etc.

Your banner may be better in it's use of photoshop, but it is not a better banner. I feel your banner hasn';t been thought out properly, and is just using the same pokemon along with a bunch of fancy effects to make a show. It doesn't really fit into a theme. If you want to try making a banner with the new unerwater theme, go for it, but your current banner doesn't work in the slightest for the current banner theme.