PDA

View Full Version : MKDS Tourney

leafgreen386
30th June 2006, 7:43 PM
Well, after seeing that other thread, and thinking about how crowded it's gonna be after even two tourneys get set up, I decided to make a seperate topic for this tourney. Hopefully there's still a good amount of people here who play mkds.

- Any and all exploits/glitches may be used, including the SG and RR shortcuts, which are near impossible to pull off consistantly on wifi anyway. However, you may not use offline tracks.
- 1v1 matches
- Best 2 out of 3 sets. A set is considered 4 races. If a set is a tie, play it over as if it never happened.
- The same course may not be played more than once during a set (you may keep picking it if you don't get the course, but once it's been played on, it cannot be played for the rest of the set). So don't pick random.
- A course may not be picked if it was played on in the previous set. This and the above rule enforce something similar to Dave's Stupid Rule that's used smash tourneys: a player should be able to win on more than one stage, or in this case, course.
- For the first round, I expect things to take not much more than 1 or 2 weeks. If rounds end up dragging on for too long, I may enforce a deadline, however.
- It's up to you to contact your opponent and organize a time to race him or her. After the race, the loser is to post the results in this thread.

Little_Pikachu
30th June 2006, 7:55 PM
The other topic was made so people didn't keep making tournies and filling up the forum with them, so if everyone starts thinking like you then we're going to have a load for tourny topics and an official mass one. This makes no sense.

To be perfectly honest I think the whole thing to do with tournaments needs some mod consideration. That topic will be getting pretty full pretty fast, but then the whole forum will be swampped with everyone wanting to run their own events without it.

BTW, we already tried a MK tourny and it flopped with only one set of competitors actually having their match, so you might want to give that some consideration.