PDA

View Full Version : potential infinite attack (ygo)

Chaos Wolf
4th July 2006, 9:46 PM
I found a loophole in the text of destiny hero dreadmaster (dreadguy). the effect states that it's attack is equal to the attack of all "destiny hero" cards on the field. If two destiny hero dreadmasters were on the field alongside a basic destiny hero it would increase the attack by the same amount perpetually.

EX: D1=dreadmaster1 D2=dreadmaster2 D3=doomlord

D3 would make D1 and D2 800. however the two dreadmasters would increase eachothers attack by 800. thus increasing their attacks to 1600 each whick would cause them to increase eachothers attack again.

However, the likelyhood of said occurence happening iis very low.

Kitsune
4th July 2006, 9:59 PM
I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh anymore, since it got too expensive (And I could never get H.'s Pet Dragon for my wind deck), so I don't know any of those cards, but based on your description it sounds plausible.

Swampy
4th July 2006, 10:14 PM
I found a loophole in the text of destiny hero dreadmaster (dreadguy). the effect states that it's attack is equal to the attack of all "destiny hero" cards on the field. If two destiny hero dreadmasters were on the field alongside a basic destiny hero it would increase the attack by the same amount perpetually.

EX: D1=dreadmaster1 D2=dreadmaster2 D3=doomlord

D3 would make D1 and D2 800. however the two dreadmasters would increase eachothers attack by 800. thus increasing their attacks to 1600 each whick would cause them to increase eachothers attack again.

However, the likelyhood of said occurence happening iis very low.
Expect a major ruling on this if what you say is true. D=

Jupetta
4th July 2006, 10:48 PM
Hmmm... this sounds interesting. *Runs to the store and buys EOJ packs*
~;354;

Skrusti
4th July 2006, 11:26 PM
If this card was Special Summoned by the effect of "Clock Tower Prison", destroy all monsters on your side of the field (except for "Destiny Hero" monsters), then you can Special Summon up to 2 “Destiny Hero” monsters from your Graveyard. During the turn this card is Special Summoned, “Destiny Hero” monsters on your side of the field cannot be destroyed, and all Battle Damage inflicted to the controller of this card becomes 0 during battle involving “Destiny Hero” monsters on your side of the field. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the combined original ATK of all “Destiny Hero” monsters on your side of the field (except this card).

Read the bolded part. ~_~ It doesn't take other "D-Hero Dreadmasters" into account when the effect activates.

Hoshi no Kabii
4th July 2006, 11:44 PM
http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/eoj/huge/EOJ-EN004.jpg
Where do you see (except this card)?

Swampy
4th July 2006, 11:50 PM
If anything, the text will be changed to that soon. Trust me on that.

Skrusti
4th July 2006, 11:51 PM
Right before "That include Destiny Hero in its name"

;/

And besides...it says "Combined ORIGINAL attack." Original Attack = ? = 0.

Chaos Wolf
5th July 2006, 12:24 AM
Ah, good catch. So I guess that the trick wouldn't work after all, at least it was an interesting topic for the time being. I wonder if there are any infinite attack loopholes.

Love Hina Fan
5th July 2006, 1:46 AM
Read this (http://lists.upperdeck.com/read/messages?id=9949).

EDIT: Bah beated a dead horse pointlessly...

Mikau
5th July 2006, 2:17 AM
It was a good idea. But it does say original attack. So it wouldn't work.(like most people stated) Oh well, nice try anyway.

Haruka's Swimsuit
5th July 2006, 2:20 AM
Ah, good catch. So I guess that the trick wouldn't work after all, at least it was an interesting topic for the time being. I wonder if there are any infinite attack loopholes.

I doubt there are any infinite ATK loopholes (well, outside of Magicial Marionette); if there was one, KONAMI would jump on it and destroy it.

The very bottom line of text, that's where. The bottom line reads:
'of all monsters on your side of the field (except this card) that include "Destiny Hero" in their card names.'

Chaos Wolf
5th July 2006, 3:07 AM
Oh, what persay is the loophole on magical marionette?

Skrusti
5th July 2006, 3:10 AM
Butterfly Dagger - Elma + Gearfried the Iron Knight + Magical Marrionette.

Each time you try and equip, that's +1 spell counter onto MM. Tbh, I'd rather use Royal Magical Library's effect in an Exodia deck, meself. (Infinite drawing, anyone?)

Chaos Wolf
5th July 2006, 3:15 AM
Oh, doesn't that also technically give you more life points as well?

NEO GOHAN
5th July 2006, 5:33 AM
BDE+GtIK can be used a lot of different ways... drawing, stat-modding, life points, etc. that's why BDE got banned. *HACKCOUGHHINTEXODIAHINTCOUGHHACK*

personally, I would use it for drawing, not because of Exodia, but to draw the cards I need *I never get them when I need them -__-*

anyway, it's a safe bet that they'll stamp out any possibilities of infinite-stat-modding - if not in the card effects, then by banning or moddifying them.

dang, I haven't been here in forever...

Chaos Wolf
5th July 2006, 9:19 AM
Heh, I found a rather pointless combo. 1st turn set Wall of revealing light and self destruct button. Opponent's first turn activate wall, sacking 7000 lifepoints and use self destruct button to make the game a tie. Could have just skipped the game in the first place. :P

Hoshi no Kabii
5th July 2006, 2:56 PM
Hehe, completely overlooked that^^

Yes, but what if you play Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment? Or would its effect be bypassed because Self Destruct Button does not directly state you receive damage?

Chaos Wolf
5th July 2006, 8:31 PM
then the combo would have even less of a point. small thought, if the damage done by Wall of revealing light's damaging was cancelled by des wombat, would the effect still activate and the defense be that much?

Swampy
6th July 2006, 1:54 AM
Heh, I found a rather pointless combo. 1st turn set Wall of revealing light and self destruct button. Opponent's first turn activate wall, sacking 7000 lifepoints and use self destruct button to make the game a tie. Could have just skipped the game in the first place. :P
A rather pointless combo in a tournament setting. dX

small thought, if the damage done by Wall of revealing light's damaging was cancelled by des wombat, would the effect still activate and the defense be that much?
iirc, you pay LP instead of being burned by a certain amount. (i.e., 7000LP)

Aquadon
6th July 2006, 6:20 PM
Too bad it doesn't work. Seeing how I am a LV1 YGO Judge, I get many e-mails about specific Rulings. Here's one:

What is Dreadmaster's orginal attack? Is it zero or is it equal to the
combined attack of all other D-heros on the field?

If his orginal atk is equal to that of all the other D-heros on the field then
how would it resolve if their were 2 dreadmasters and a diamond guy?
Or could the player not summon a second dreadmaster.

--------------------------------------------

Answer:

Each copy of "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster" will not gain any ATK from the other copy.

"Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster's" original ATK and DEF are treated as 0 in the context of this effect.

---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com

So much for that.

Chaos Wolf
6th July 2006, 6:37 PM
Oh, if you are a judge I have a question on the ruling of scapegoat. If toon world is active and you "Normal summon" the four scapegoats. could the scapegoats be used for tributes for a toon? because if so scapegoat+toon world+Toon blue eyes white dragon+toon summoned skull x2 would be an two turn kill right?(potentially)

Aquadon
6th July 2006, 6:57 PM
Oh, if you are a judge I have a question on the ruling of scapegoat. If toon world is active and you "Normal summon" the four scapegoats. could the scapegoats be used for tributes for a toon? because if so scapegoat+toon world+Toon blue eyes white dragon+toon summoned skull x2 would be an two turn kill right?(potentially)
Same turn? No. Becuase Monsters can't be special summoned the same Turn Scapegoat is activated. You could summon them the turn AFTER Scapegoat is activated, and they'd be valid Tributes. So, it'd take 3 Turns, potentially.

Chaos Wolf
6th July 2006, 7:08 PM
Oh I see now, thanks for the heads up on that.

Haruka's Swimsuit
7th July 2006, 12:50 AM
Butterfly Dagger - Elma + Gearfried the Iron Knight + Magical Marrionette.

Actually, I was referring to the fact that there's no counter limit on Magicial Marionette's effect- so, it has the potential for infinite ATK.

Tbh, I'd rather use Royal Magical Library's effect in an Exodia deck, meself. (Infinite drawing, anyone?)

I saw someone playing with a Library deck before. For some reason, it wasn't working for him...

SuperGlalie
7th July 2006, 1:09 AM
I dont know about infinite attack but i know a way to win on your first turn. It involves Butterfly Dagger - Elma though.

Summon Woodland Sprite and equip with BDE. Woodland Sprite allows you to destroy an equip card equipped to it to do 500 damage to the opponent.

Destroy BDE and because of its effect it goes to your ahnd. then re-equip and destroy again and so on. Do it 16 times and you'll have done 8000 damage so you win!

Pity BDE is banned though...

On Topic: Shame about the infinite attack thing though. Im sure i thought of a wayy but i cant remember it. If i do ill post it.

Haruka's Swimsuit
7th July 2006, 1:16 AM

Nope, that won't work:
Goat Tokens summoned by Scapegoat are forbidden from being used as tributes for a Tribute Summon (says so right on the card)... I'd suggest you use Stray Lambs instead. 2 Goat Tokens, but those can be used for Tribute Summons- unfortunately, this card is saddled with the summoning restriction of Scapegoat and not being a Quick-Play, which would have gotten you around the summoning restriction.
As A-type Toons, BETD and Toon Demon can't attack the turn they're summoned. Even if you could tribute the Goat Tokens for a summon, Scapegoat's effect forbids any further summons after its activation and since A-type toons can't attack the turn they're summoned; if by some oversight you were allowed to summon them on the second turn, you'd have to wait for the third turn to try to kill your opponent (whom, by that time would have likely picked up what you're trying to do and, supposing you're not playing a fool, begun a strategy to deal with your obvious frontal assault).

(Sidenote: Tokens are never Normal Summoned into play, this is due to the fact that tokens always require a card effect- a Normal Summon implies that you put that monster into play manually, as opposed to a Special Summon, which occured because of some effect.)

SuperGlalie
7th July 2006, 1:20 AM
That makes sense about the Sheep Tokens but i swear that i read somewhere on the official website (or another relaible/official source) that they can be used for Toon summons.

EDIT: Thought so look at this: www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugioh/en/faq_card_rulings.aspx?first=S&last=T"

You need to scroll down or do Ctrl+F for Scapegoat

EDIT 2: They're sheep tokens not goat tokens!

Swampy
7th July 2006, 8:14 PM
I dont know about infinite attack but i know a way to win on your first turn. It involves Butterfly Dagger - Elma though.

Summon Woodland Sprite and equip with BDE. Woodland Sprite allows you to destroy an equip card equipped to it to do 500 damage to the opponent.

Destroy BDE and because of its effect it goes to your ahnd. then re-equip and destroy again and so on. Do it 16 times and you'll have done 8000 damage so you win!

Pity BDE is banned though...
That doesn't work. D= WS's effect makes BDE stay in the grave instead of returning.....

Aquadon
7th July 2006, 8:26 PM
That doesn't work. D= WS's effect makes BDE stay in the grave instead of returning.....
Beat me to it, but I'll say the reason why: Timing.

If you activate Woodland Sprite's effect, Elma-Dagger gets sent to the graveyard, and THEN Woodland Sprite deals 500 points of damage. Seeing how Elma-Dagger being sent to the GY wasn't the last thing to happen, it misses the timing and doesn't return to the Hand.

@ Haruka's Swimsuit: It does work (beaten to this too, but I'll explain it). Sheep Tokens can't be used for a "Tribute Summon". That is correct. However, for Class-A Toons (BETD, Toon Skull, Manga Ryu-Ran), They aren't "Tribute Summoned", but "Special Summoned". However, Tributes are still required, but just for the Special Summon. So Goats work.

Pretty simple stuff.

SuperGlalie
7th July 2006, 9:13 PM
You probably are right but im sure i read that it does work somewhere.
Ill try and look it up.