PDA

View Full Version : Set Sail for One Piece!

Wild Cherry
5th July 2006, 6:30 AM
I know where I buy my One Piece manga it is very popular, so i decided to start a manga thread about it!

I have every Manga of One Piece tat is currently out, thats issues 1 - 11 ( 12 wont be out till october ).

I know almost everything about One Piece. from Igarams funny nose to the Soge-kings funny helmet.

You can discuss anything about One Piece in this thread, fav character, devil fruits, fav vilian, anything right here!

Judai-and-sho
8th July 2006, 7:53 PM
I love Luffy and Chopper. Lucci is the worlds greatest villian. Paulie and Franky should both join the Straw Hats,

Rex Kamex
29th July 2006, 8:07 PM
Man, I love One Piece. The 421st chapter is out in Japan.

Anyway, it's one of the best mangas I am currently reading. The color spreads, particularly the ones from the recent chapters from Japan, look great, and so do many of the volume covers in One Piece! My favorite covers are Volume 28, Volume 32, and Volume 38! I also love the color spreads in Chapter 80 ("A Thief is a Thief") and Chapter 410 ("Nami Enlargement")

Oh yeah, and the plot and characters are good too. :p

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th July 2006, 10:16 PM
I heard a rumour SJ may remove the manga from the line up, and instead Viz will release it as a monthly volume. We could certainly catch up faster, the manga is getting very interesting with the start of the Grand Line.

Kecleon Freak
29th July 2006, 10:34 PM
One of my favorite, if not favorite shonen series, bordering on favorite series ever. The story is good and full of cliche breakers, and the characters are all fleshed out and likeable.

My favorite characters are Luffy, Usopp, and Franky (whom I am really hoping joins the crew, Paulie can go die for all I care).

Rex Kamex
30th July 2006, 12:46 AM
I heard a rumour SJ may remove the manga from the line up, and instead Viz will release it as a monthly volume. We could certainly catch up faster, the manga is getting very interesting with the start of the Grand Line.

I acutally would mind if that happened. I actually thought that Viz might just put Chapter 100 of One Piece into Volume 11 and start the next volume with Chapter 101, only in this volume they would've started the chapter numbering system over and made the series "One Piece: THE GRAND LINE". Not exactly the best idea to make a new series, but I figured it could happen. Of course, it's too late for that now...

With the anime dub in Volume 19, I wouldn't mind if the manga caught up, and by the time the American One Piece caught up with Japan, they could just start releasing the manga bi-monthly.

Wild Cherry
30th July 2006, 11:02 AM
If you guys didnt notice, I have made a One Piece club.

Have you guys seen the subbed alabasta ending in anime?

really good

Rex Kamex
31st July 2006, 12:49 AM
Uh-oh, guys, it looks like the next issue of Weekly Jump will be a "double issue". There'll be a chapter next week, but not the week after that. However, it looks like the next Japanese chapter, Chapter 422, will have a color spread. I had the feeling.

DreamChasing Windie
3rd August 2006, 4:16 PM
If you guys didnt notice, I have made a One Piece club.

Have you guys seen the subbed alabasta ending in anime?

really good
I thought so, too. Gomu Gomu no Storm was really cool!

I really like One Piece and I have all the manga volumes except number 8...

BattleFranky~40
4th August 2006, 6:53 AM
Lucci is a badass.

I mean, at the age of 13, he killed 500 soldiers to defeat one pirate, and got the flag of the world government sprayed into him with bullets.