PDA

View Full Version : Mime Jr's Site

jr mimie
8th July 2006, 12:13 AM
Hey guys anyone want to check out my cool site and give me more hits? Give me feed back on it and what I could do better on and what I did really good on. http://www.freewebs.com/pokehideout

Tezza
8th July 2006, 12:55 AM
I would suggest making your links all the same colour and a different colour than the bright turquoise for the backgrounds. Maybe a softer colour, like powder blue would go easier on the eyes. I'd also find something unique for your site because we can find episode guides and descriptions of games everywhere.

Athrozeous
8th July 2006, 3:54 AM
OMG! The colors! Yes you should change them... listen to people, they are smart... and the dont click here... its just lame, i personally hate them, you should try being more original... and not just copy every thing that's out on the internet... have something you can be proud of, something to make people want to visit your page (despite your horrible layout, sorry but the colors hurt!), because i know quite a lot of pages that have the same things you do but with a much better layout. Congrats on NOT using a freewebs layout!

Magma Leader Maxie
8th July 2006, 9:12 AM
Try to align the rest of the page with the header. You have a blue bar at the top and then two misaligned columns below. This is probably due to your choice of trying to insert the Copyright notice under the navbar, and it's pushed the main content to the left.

And using less colours would be a good idea too... your site is somewhat confusing with the many colours you used. They're not shades either; they're basic colours like red, purple, blue, green; not hex numbers like #FFFFFF. Don't use those colours!! The only ones I think should be used are "black" and "white". The rest should be pleasant shades, not those putrid basic colors. Even your layout tables are coloured using bgcolor="aqua". Try and find the right shade for your site.

Jetx
8th July 2006, 11:55 AM
Don't keep changing the link colours all the way down the navbar. It hurts peoples' eyes.

jr mimie
9th July 2006, 4:46 AM
Okay I got a new site http://www.pokehideout.awardspace.net and the new layout is like a forest

AgentChronon
9th July 2006, 2:10 PM
The link is broken...

and you should put the content in the middle of the page, not at the side.

Omega Pirate
9th July 2006, 2:13 PM
Ow, my fricken' eyes.