PDA

View Full Version : Pokemonology : The facts

Pandora
9th July 2006, 11:37 AM
Don't go to harsh, this is my first story, well its an "ology" on pokemon. with all there physics and such. This is just an introduction, expect much much more in the next update. As i will run through every little aspect of pokemon.

Pokemonology - The Facts

Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon. So. What is it?
Pokemon, a form of nature of which, no one knows how they got in the world or why they are here.
Well, I can answer the ‘Why’ part. It’s what happens when a bored businessman gets a random idea of a lizard with a bulb on its back, or a mouse that can shoot electricity out of its cheeks and somehow manage to thunder shock a rock to its death.
Strange? Yeah. You’ll need more than mouse traps for that one.

Why they are here? As stated above. A bored businessman wanting to make millions + the idea of a mouse shooting out lightning > > A millionaire businessman. There.

But really, what are Pokemon? Well, what do they look like? Take Rattata for example. Fair enough, it looks just like a plain rat with plain rat abilities. Bite, tackle, hyper fang. But if we were to take Pikachu, what the hells happened here? Easily answered. Rats and most rodents have immunities from electric shocks. As from when they bite into wire. So some one has taken this to the max and completely mutated a rodent into having an electrical ability to shoot thunder out of it’s cheeks? Yes, they did! As strange as it may seem.
Sorted. Happy now? No, of course your not. You want to hear about Pokemon. Pokemon?
Well your in for a hell of a read!
This “Ology’ of Pokemon will run through all the physics, food chains, possibilities, and of course, every Pokemon one by one. Not forgetting the Anime of course, we’ll have some fun there. So goodbyes for now, and remember, don’t feed a mouse radioactive waste, we don’t want a Pikachu in this world now do we?

~I’ll be back…

Neo Sphere
9th July 2006, 11:47 AM
Ok.....Sounds like fun Can't wait to read :)

Yami Ryu
9th July 2006, 12:33 PM
.. this sounds more like an essay and less like a fanfiction :/ maybe you should have this moved to General Pokemon discussion, and space properly. Don't stack scentences to make a paragraph, it makes something look cluttered and tacky :/

Pandora
9th July 2006, 1:56 PM
.. this sounds more like an essay and less like a fanfiction :/ maybe you should have this moved to General Pokemon discussion, and space properly. Don't stack scentences to make a paragraph, it makes something look cluttered and tacky :/
You have only seen the prologue, don't judge a book by its first few pages. it will soon develope into a well written story dont worry.

Treeckoman7
9th July 2006, 3:49 PM
This is pretty good so far. But I have to agree with Yami Ryu about stacking sentences. I like the part about rich businessmen. Keep Going I really would like to see this get good reviews!

Nintendo_6444
9th July 2006, 3:52 PM
Sounds interesting so far, Can't wait for more!

chrisivy
8th August 2006, 3:39 AM
LONGER. That's what I want. Just continue the way you want to. It's good.

UltaFlame
8th August 2006, 4:40 AM
size is a problem to me... other than that nuttin really sticks out other than a spelling problem i might've seen.

Pink Parka Girl
8th August 2006, 5:01 AM
It doesnt' read like a story or a scientific text. At all.

Trust me, it can be hard. I tried writing a "scientific text" on the biology of pikachu (from the perspective of a Vermont professor in the 1920's trying to explain their powers and habits in laymen's terms to increase awareness of the wilderness), and it was difficult...very, very difficult...to get it to sound like it could possibly make sense, even after reading several books/articles on squirrel behavior and bioelectricity. Basically, one does not start to attempt writing "scientific theories" about a pokemon without reading up on the animal, mythical beast, or concept it is based on first. Bullcrapping biology facts in an effort to sound smart doesn't make you sound smart...it looks stupid.

If you're thinking about them in terms of real animals, then explanations such as "a pikachu is a mutant mouse" aren't going to fly >.> Learn about how real animals evolve and function before trying to invent pokemon theories - they'll come off as a lot better, and more fasinating and engaging to read, if there's research behind them :)

cooler3o5
8th August 2006, 5:11 AM
Well I am all the way with research part that Pink Parka Girl put it would be better with research altough it looks fairly good to me even though its short its good I mean its a prology how do you want it people 8 paragraphs.

cooler3o5
8th August 2006, 5:12 AM
Well I am all the way with research part that Pink Parka Girl put it would be better with research altough it looks fairly good to me even though its short its good I mean its a prology how do you want it people 8 paragraphs.to me it is good.